Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so now i have to do a 180 on things according to this link
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_regional/article/police_back_at_uva_following_up_on_leads_in_missing_vt_student_case/56682/

which someone posted a page or two ago.

Prior to this I thought everything had some possible plausible explainations, but assuming the above is accurate, I can no longer say that. Why would she not have the keys if they were in her car? (this may have a somewhat reasonable explaination that they took her car but some one else drove and kept the keys out of habit or knowing they would also drive home, but still a little odd).

How could her friends be so unconcerned about her saying she would find a ride or meet them later if they were in her car? I mean either you are:

A. A good concerned friend and are like wth if she says "see you whenever" and you're in her car.

OR

B. Even if you are self absorbed you would have to be wondering is this going to effect me getting home?

In light of this and the fact they seemed to not even be concerned the next day when they didn't see her I think the only logical conclusion is she was planning to meet up with someone she knew who was at the show and/or lived in the area, and the friends had to know about it.

I just hope they have been forthcoming with LE about everything they know...

You know as crazy as them leaving her sounds it could very well be possible. I was left in Richmond once by one of my so called friends and actually had to find a ride home through someone I just met. I was with my b/f so it was a tad different, but that girl and I aren't friends any longer to this day.
But somehow I believe that she too may have been with a b/f. You know if her friends knew she had a b/f, even if it was one they didn't know very well, they might have just automatically assumed she was safe with him.
But the story does seem kinda suspicious to say the very least.

here i is "I've actually heard reports of people seeing someone that matched her description between Madison and Culpepper on 29n. From what I understand they said they saw a girl who fitted Morgan's description next to a black SUV/truck on the side of the road. What struck the women as odd was that the SUV/truck was just sitting there in complete darkness with no lights. The women claims if it had not been for her headlights she wouldn't have seen anyone." it's on the same link in the end by the guy who started the FB page

Theories/tips/eye witnesses

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10389

From her "Help Find Morgan" facebook. Quite a few listed. Are they missing any that have been discussed here?

There are also variations on the bathroom sighting where she was crying and had been hit -this time it said she was seen crying standing next to a guy looking like she was hit-on front page of FB page

"Darlene Keith Via Something I cannot help but wonder about now. The woman that saw the argument outside said she heard a loud slap like across someone's face and then someone else reported the other day that they saw a girl matching her descripton standing next to the staige with a guy and it looked like she had been slaped across the face. She was holding her check and it was really really red. Now put all of this together. Could this be?What does this mean? And then a report that she was seen in the parking garage leaving with a male in a pick up truck?? Who of the guys she knows drives a pickup truck and maybe the police know the color. I wish this would be accurate and maybe it could be solved.
3 hours ago · Comment · Like · Report"

Thank you.......you are so very right in all you say. If rules such as these weren't enforced, it would be crazy and they know it. For my safety, I'm glad rules are in place.

The poster who mentioned the band, roadies, etc. Give me a break....please. Metallica's members are well in their 40's, pushing 50, all are married with children. Anyone who knows/follows the band is aware that this tour is the "tamest" they've ever played. They play a week or so and then take a week or so break....to go home and be with family. Plus, they've all come clean with their "dirty laundry" and are living clean lives. To insinuate their roadies or crew could have had something to do with this is absolutely ludicrous. I used to work in the concert/venue industry and have met many band members, roadies, and crew. Believe me, they have more on their minds than abducting young women.

I agree with you 110% and hope she will safely return. I also empathize with her family and can't begin to fathom the emotional hell they are going through. Morgan made her choice to leave the arena and put herself in danger. IMO somebody grabbed her in her drunken/stoned state and each day that passes brings a more grim aura to this horrendous situation.

May her family soon have the peace of knowing what happened to her. I truly hope all this ends soon for them.
Who pi**ed in your latte? Of course no one has the right to violate/harm/accost anyone. But with that said.....she DID put herself in danger when she left the arena and IMO that is an undisputed fact. Putting oneself in danger is by no means giving anyone the right to harm him/her. I am simply stating a fact....yes she did put herself in danger, something many young people don't think about these days. We live in a cold, cruel world and growing older, experiencing life, etc gives us a better knowledge of this fact.

I'm a parent myself and never, ever wish this situation on anyone!!

bbm red by me

My point is that, imo, if a fellow poster expresses an opinion that happens to be incongruent with yours, that doesn't make their views "ludicrous."

The poster who mentioned the band, roadies, etc. Give me a break....please. Metallica's members are well in their 40's, pushing 50, all are married with children. Anyone who knows/follows the band is aware that this tour is the "tamest" they've ever played. They play a week or so and then take a week or so break....to go home and be with family. Plus, they've all come clean with their "dirty laundry" and are living clean lives. To insinuate their roadies or crew could have had something to do with this is absolutely ludicrous. I used to work in the concert/venue industry and have met many band members, roadies, and crew. Believe me, they have more on their minds than abducting young women.

Does it matter how old the band members are? Who cares if Metallica members are married with kids? Clearly their target audience runs the gamut from teens to grandparents!

I am 25 yrs old and I have DEFINITELY had contact with roadies and backup musicians for various bands that play a smaller venue in my hometown who-- despite having families at home and 'are clean'--have ABSOLUTELY PROPOSITIONED young women in the audience (myself included!) to come back to hotels, tour buses etc.

Just because these roadies and crew are on a "tame" tour or have family at home or may be busy during the hours of said concert DOESN'T MEAN that they don't do sketchy things. To think that would simply be ignorant.

For Morgan's sake, I hope they go through the entire roadie/crew/event staff list to make sure that none of these folks have a shady background and were all accounted for that night. Everyone that was at that arena or in the area, from college students to roadies/crew to audience members could be a potential suspect at this point.

I'm a concert goer myself and I will admit that I have done my fair share of alcohol and weed. There have been many times while intoxicated that I have done ridiculous things where when I was sober I realized how dangerous it was and how I could have been abducted to say the least. When you're intoxicated you can be very trusting of people mainly because you're so out of it that you just assume that whoevers around you will take care of you because you can't take care of yourself.
I'm not insinuating anything really, I'm just trying to put this into perspective. For all I know she never drank a day in her life.
Also I read somewhere, not sure if it was here or on another forum about that guy on myspace that has her in his top 34 I believe, does anyone know who he is? Is he a friend of hers irl or just on myspace? I only ask because if you look in his pic folders he has a black and white van. I remember someone describing a vehicle she was near or so they say she was near on the side of the road as so dark that they couldn't see it, so I'm assuming it could have been a dark colored vehicle.
http://www.myspace.com/tiedyejames

Nothing significant here, but I am curious about whether we (the public) have heard from Morgan's brother.

He is 22, a UVa graduate. Does he still live at home? Was he at the vigil? Does anyone know?

Just wondering.

P.S. Nancy Grace's show on Thursday at 5 p.m. Pacific Time did not include her interview with the parents. Is the transcript available?

I'm a concert goer myself and I will admit that I have done my fair share of alcohol and weed. There have been many times while intoxicated that I have done ridiculous things where when I was sober I realized how dangerous it was and how I could have been abducted to say the least. When you're intoxicated you can be very trusting of people mainly because you're so out of it that you just assume that whoevers around you will take care of you because you can't take care of yourself.
I'm not insinuating anything really, I'm just trying to put this into perspective. For all I know she never drank a day in her life.

I agree 100%!! For all we know, this could have been her first time drinking or using a particular drug (if she used anything at all). A bad reaction, lack of experience, naivety...She's on a college campus with like minded people at a concert. I know on my college campus, I thought it was fine to drink at a fraternity house and walk back to my apartment by myself at 2 am!! I can't IMAGINE doing that now, but at the time I thought, hey whatever I'm on campus I'm fine! Looking back now, sober and older, there were MANY times where I put myself in unsafe situations that could have had a very tragic ending.

Also I read somewhere, not sure if it was here or on another forum about that guy on myspace that has her in his top 34 I believe, does anyone know who he is? Is he a friend of hers irl or just on myspace? I only ask because if you look in his pic folders he has a black and white van. I remember someone describing a vehicle she was near or so they say she was near on the side of the road as so dark that they couldn't see it, so I'm assuming it could have been a dark colored vehicle.
http://www.myspace.com/tiedyejames

They described a truck. (But if it was dark..)

This person "http://www.myspace.com/blondemidget" is friends with James and some of Morgans friends.

You know if her friends knew she had a b/f, even if it was one they didn't know very well, they might have just automatically assumed she was safe with him.
But the story does seem kinda suspicious to say the very least.

This was my point, the lack of concern leads me to believe they had reason to believe that her finding her way home or meeting up with them later was not an illogical thing.

P.S. - when you got left where you and your friends traveling in your car?

I've had my share of wild times in the past and could see someone being left behind, but for some reason (i'm not sure exactly why) this seems like it would be much less likely if I was in MY car.

After reading through the threads re: Morgan's disappearance I am struck by the fact that LE doesn't seem to have made much progress at all - unless they are keeping what they have close to the vest. It is certainly discouraging that so little about Morgan's disappearance is known. I am hoping for a good resolution to this one, but time is against that. It is as if LE is at square one with the investigation.

I don't know if this has been posted but Morgan's jacket was found on the railroad tracks where they run above Emmet St(Rt 29).

this is random rumor for someone posting on facebook who "heard" it from someone else I wouldn't put to much into it until/if it is confirmed by some much more reputible source. It may well be true but there is no way of knowing...

After reading through the threads re: Morgan's disappearance I am struck by the fact that LE doesn't seem to have made much progress at all - unless they are keeping what they have close to the vest. It is certainly discouraging that so little about Morgan's disappearance is known. I am hoping for a good resolution to this one, but time is against that. It is as if LE is at square one with the investigation.

Personally I think LE know quite a bit more than we know, they just aren't speaking out about it.

At least I hope!

Patiently waiting for new information....

This was my point, the lack of concern leads me to believe they had reason to believe that her finding her way home or meeting up with them later was not an illogical thing.

P.S. - when you got left where you and your friends traveling in your car?

I've had my share of wild times in the past and could see someone being left behind, but for some reason (i'm not sure exactly why) this seems like it would be much less likely if I was in MY car.

No when I got left it wasn't my car, but there was a time where one of our friends wandered off from his car and we were riding with him and we waited and waited and because he was more intoxicated than us we had his keys, so after a while we took his car to look for him, after about an hour of not being able to locate him the person who was driving his car left him there took us home and just went home and went to sleep. So you see alcohol can make you do really stupid things. If that happened today I probably would have called police, but if I were intoxicated would I think he was in danger? probably not, I didn't then. When you're intoxicated the world is filled with rainbows and happy things. You feel invincible! Not to mention your thought processes are way off and are very illogical.
P.S. My friend was found the next day passed out by a freeway. When he woke up he called his mom and she came and got him. He was safe. Thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro