Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN: Talking about Morgan's parents are on their way to identify her remains. :(

Two hours from now they will have the news conference.

The remains were found a mile and a half from the roadway? I'm wondering if this is where the woman was killed. It would be extremely difficult to carry a dead body that far.

A poster on Find Morgan says there's another road (Blandemar) that might also provide access to the area where the body was found. This info is on page 9 of the first thread about the discovery of the body (now locked) -- not sure if I am allowed to directly link to it.

Monica Caison, of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in North Carolina, said police have notified the Harringtons of the discovery and that the Roanoke couple is on the way to the site.

CUE was slated to start searching for Harrington, having been asked to assist in the case by her parents.

“I’ve talked to the Harringtons and they are on the way,” Caison said. “That area south of town is an area we were looking to search.”

http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/ne...rents_on_way_to_scene_of_found_remains/51098/

Private property and mile and half from the road? I would be checking to see who knows that property and who has ties to there. Many cases like this have resulted in an arrest of a family member. This reminds me of the case from VA. a few years ago. College coed dating freaky older guy and Johnny Depp look alike. IIRC, he left her body basically out in the open behind a building on a family members farm. Does anyone remember that case? ETA: Maybe it was NC. It was somewhere on the East coast.

Sending prayers to Morgan's family.

Private property and mile and half from the road? I would be checking to see who knows that property and who has ties to there. Many cases like this have resulted in an arrest of a family member. This reminds me of the case from VA. a few years ago. College coed dating freaky older guy and Johnny Depp look alike. IIRC, he left her body basically out in the open behind a building on a family members farm. Does anyone remember that case?

I definitely think that the HAD to feel comfortable with that area for one reason or another. They could be a family member, a friend of the family, or even someone who worked for someone in that area.

from this link
ABC 13 reporter David Tate spoke with Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother. Around 12:30 p.m., she said she was leaving Roanoke to go to Charlottesville. She was in tears. She also said she asked police not to move the body until she arrived.

eta: sorry, I posted this before finishing the thread, just to get it out there ASAP ... of course, others had found it and posted it. Pardon me?

I definitely think that the HAD to feel comfortable with that area for one reason or another. They could be a family member, a friend of the family, or even someone who worked for someone in that area.

ITA, the NBC29 reporter said he talked with a landscaping crew which was leaving the property after he arrived this morning, most likely there to dispose of the downed trees that the owner had reported from last weeks storms. A 700 acre property could have had numerous workers/visitors who knew how to access the area over the years, plus it was stated by a local in the comments section that it could be accessed by another farm road in a neighboring area.

FWIW.... We own an 80 acre rural property and another 130 acre one that random people seem to feel free to trespass upon routinely, even cutting through barbed wire fencing to allow themselves to drive in by crossing a rather steep ditch!

jmoo

Private property and mile and half from the road? I would be checking to see who knows that property and who has ties to there. Many cases like this have resulted in an arrest of a family member. This reminds me of the case from VA. a few years ago. College coed dating freaky older guy and Johnny Depp look alike. IIRC, he left her body basically out in the open behind a building on a family members farm. Does anyone remember that case? ETA: Maybe it was NC. It was somewhere on the East coast.

I believe you are referencing the VCU student who disappeared and whose body was found in Essex Co, VA.

Prayers for Morgan's family!!

Is this farm was large enough that he has had hired help on and off. I would want to talk to anyone that has worked for this farmer, any family members or neighbor's. It could be a complete coincidence but I wonder if whoever put her body there, knew it was a part of the farm that was not frequented very often...

I agree- in this isolated of an area the perp has to be from the immediate area, Besides checking family members it would be interesting to find out if any college keggers have taken place nearby. someone familar
with this area dumped the body there.
My heart also goes out to the family. But, I have just known Morgan was gone. She would have returned home if it was at all possible. My prayers are with her loved ones. Now, lets catch the who did this!!!!!!

Sorry I should have caught up before asking questions....shame on me!

However sad, I am happy she has been found!

Sending my prayers and thoughts to the Harrington family. I've been following Morgan's story for a couple months and this is just so heartbreaking.

Probably just a coincidence, but:

http://www.nbc29.com/global/story.asp?s=11881770

Crews from the North Garden, Crozet and Charlottesville fire departments battled the blaze for several hours. Four college students were in the home when the fire started but all were able to get out safely

This is only 4-5 miles from where the body was found.

I believe you are referencing the VCU student who disappeared and whose body was found in Essex Co, VA.

Taylor Behl! I couldn't remember her name and it was driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro