Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
completely :eek:fftopic:

wow, so good to see some of you again on last two pages who have been here from scratch :)

page 6 - "with the L, H and
W families"

I don't think they would use the last names (page 12) of the L & W families and the first name in the H family. That doesn't make any sense at all, Calliope.

I saw that too, not sure what to make of it. Possibly a typo?

Has anyone been able to locate EH on any social networking sites?

I'm thinking EH is their POI but they need someone to come forward and place him in the immediate area etc. Means they don't have DNA I'm assuming?

Do we know who the rental tenants on the Anchorage Farm property for 20 years were, according to the 2001 application for historical recognition.

page 11 "The property was owned first by the L family, for some 20 years by the H
L family, and then for more than a century and a quarter by W and his descendants."

After closer inspection of the pdf it looks like surname L married and then the last name became H L (maybe the wife became owner after her husband L passed)?

Most probably a typo or H is coincidently a first name in the L family,too, and the last name in the H family.

Or possibly the mother of this HL was a Howell. Very common to give a child the mother's maiden name as a given name.

I wish I did geneology. I would like to know how many generation of the surname H still live in the area. The document does say that the W family owned it for for a least 150 years since the H L family. I also wonder if the HL and W families are related.

In other words, my D grdparents owned a 1,000 acre farm for 40 plus years. When they passed it was left to my E aunt. When she passes it will go to her W daughter. Catch my drift?

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11933882
People who know the area where Morgan Harrington's remains were found are critical to solving the crime, according to state police.
During a news conference Thursday, authorities emphasized how important location is in this case.
State police say the people who know Anchorage Farm and the North Garden area know information that will help them lead to Harrington's killer. That's because investigators believe the suspect(s) is(are) familiar with the area. State police say because of the terrain changes, fences and layout of the land, it would have been too difficult for someone who didn't know the area to navigate.
State police say the person(s) responsible felt inclined to return back to the area during a high stress situation. Authorities say Morgan's body was found a considerable distance from a public roadway and the location would have been a high risk one if they didn't know the farm.
Police want to hear from anyone who might have information. You're asked to call 434-709-1685.

ITA; it was stressed in the presser that the perp chose this particular spot during a time of extreme stress (disposing of his/her murder victim expediently). It was inferred that it should be a massive hint to someone in the community that during a time of extreme stress, that which most would consider obstacles to be traversed to reach this spot weren't in the least a deterrent to the perp.

I totally agree.

It was also interesting how Rader kept referring to Morgan's "tragedy." Never "murder" or "homicide."

Sounds like they are trying to psychologically soothe a possible relative/friend of the POI who may have info so they'll come forward.

Almost to give the relative/friend a subconcious sense that it (Morgan's murder) wasn't deliberate and making them more likely to come forward about their brother/father/husband/boyfriend/buddy.

Rader had a great point about how difficult the location was to access.

I got that he meant that only someone VERY familiar and comfortable with that location would bring a body there or commit the murder there given the high stress of the violent situation.

I bet LE has nearby evidence of parties or hunting spots (food wrappers, beer bottles, etc). Someone or groups of people have spent a LOT of time near where her body was found and they want someone in one of those groups to come foward.

How can we every fully sleuth this if LE/family & friends don't confirm if alcohol and/or drugs were/were not a regular part of her leisure time and partaken of prior to concert, or if there's no explanation why a nice girl and her nice BFs wouldn't pair up on trips to the bathroom or as to why nice, devoted BFs would readily accept Morgan's assurance from OUTSIDE that she DID NOT HAVE but could get a ride home, no explanation for not checking immediately after the concert or even the next day that she did indeed make it home. Finally: what a phenomenally tragic coincidence that Morgan accidentally ends up outside the arena, in a poor state of mind, a short while before a murderer, possibly a sexual predator, woodlands triathlete arrives on the scene.
dont mean to repeat myself but this is why i believe this was planned.as bad as i hate to say it drugs are probably involved.its quite possible she was involved with wrong people that her friends knew nothing about.also as far as where she was found it was hunting season.she could have easily been taken in there in daylight.back of truck trunk etc.then dumped after it was dark.im sure people in area know that people were hunting there.just my thoughts

someone suggested the tracks in the field past the green roofed shed.i used google went down halfwy between shed and where she was found.switched to panoramic view.it is flat through that area.but if you 360.you cannot see the house at corner of pond because of hill.in other direction there are just trees.they knew they could go through the field without being seen.

dont mean to repeat myself but this is why i believe this was planned.as bad as i hate to say it drugs are probably involved.its quite possible she was involved with wrong people that her friends knew nothing about.also as far as where she was found it was hunting season.she could have easily been taken in there in daylight.back of truck trunk etc.then dumped after it was dark.im sure people in area know that people were hunting there.just my thoughts

This also leads me to believe that if the suspect was seen on this road noone would have thought twice about it.
If the person was a hunter who was given permission to be on the property it wouldn't have been hard at all. First of all, they would have known everything about the property already and not to mention if anyone ever did see said person doing anything on the land they probably would have assumed they were hunting.

Has anyone been able to locate EH on any social networking sites?

I've done a fair share of searching, but cannot find anything. (Although, there is one on Facebook that could be him -- only thing visible is his friends and main picture though. It's hard to tell.)

-Liv

I've done a fair share of searching, but cannot find anything. (Although, there is one on Facebook that could be him -- only thing visible is his friends and main picture though. It's hard to tell.)

-Liv

My thoughts on this are as follows...If EH has been locked behind juvey walls for the past 4 or so years, he hasn't really been FBing or social networking with anyone. Could explain why he doesn't have blabs all over the internet. No?

My thoughts on this are as follows...If EH has been locked behind juvey walls for the past 4 or so years, he hasn't really been FBing or social networking with anyone. Could explain why he doesn't have blabs all over the internet. No?

Very very true.
I have to say DUH to myself about that one :doh:

:)
-Liv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics