Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
october 18,2009 headlines for charlottesville,va
http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7188.0
(http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223391)

Morgan Harrington's parents continue clinging to hope as they search for their missing daughter
Morgan Harrington's parents try to keep her case moving forward.

By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
KYLE GREEN
10/22/2009

She is known nationwide as the beautiful young blonde in the black miniskirt who vanished from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville over the weekend, but to her friends and family, Morgan Harrington is the kind woman who volunteered her summers to work with children from violent homes, letting little girls play with her golden tresses.

She is the young woman who enjoyed the "Twilight" novels, the movie "Harriet the Spy" the television show "Real Housewives of Orange County" and the music of Jerry Garcia.

And she is the quirky young woman whose list of what to bring to a recent Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival a full-length mirror and a hula hoop.

Here is a nice music link..to some of the events that M did before her death...

:waitasec:
btw, I'm not trying to offend you.
To me, I understand the no-reentry but I would like to know if she actually was in to begin with because yes, it would matter because it would tell me that something happened to make her leave.

A person her age has probably been to the arena before so she probably knew about the policy ... I think she was there, I'm just not sure if she was ever inside

JMO: Technically it is possible (though unlikely) that MH never entered the arena.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

The VSP report implies that a friend stated that MH was trying to get back into the arena. We don't know which friend they spoke to or if this person's statement was corroborated by other potential witnesses; however, this account was considered reliable enough to include in an official report.

Quote from the same link:
Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #: 09-83020523 :

8:20 - 8:48 PM: Someone matching Morgan Harrington's description was seen outside John Paul Jones Arena parking lot by the ticket office and on the University Hall side.

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

According to LE's summary, the "group" (consisting of MH, AM, SS and DC) wasn't necessarily together inside the arena. They could have all split up on arrival. Perhaps they did not enter the arena together. DC may have left the girls off in front of the arena as he went to park the car. One or two of the girls may have accompanied him. At this point, MH may have separated herself from any or all of her companions; for example, she may have wanted to interact with some acquaintance in the crowd & promised to meet up with the others later.

MH may later have called one of the companions falsely claiming to have been inside the arena. Maybe MH wanted an excuse for not meeting up with her companions at all. Claiming to have been locked out would work.

Other possible evidence:

1. No photographs of her inside the arena have been released.

2. The accounts of the events of the evening 10/17/09 made by her companions have not been released, leading to a lot of unanswered questions; such as, where exactly was MH's car parked?

3. No one who knew MH personally has stated that they definitely saw her or interacted with her inside the arena (unless this info has not been released).

could be a possibility here in wv.killing a pedestrian while driving intox would be vehicular manslaughter.of course it probably is in most states.seems risky to me loading a body along side a road.

Maybe she got hit in the RV lot near where her handbag was found. A secluded area.

Maybe she got hit in the RV lot near where her handbag was found. A secluded area.

the missing battery from her cellphone has bothered me but then I read somewhere here that someone may have seen her drop her purse ... well, if she dropped her purse and/or phone, it's possible the battery came out on impact & she couldn't find it again

the other possibility is that she was hit by a car and the battery dislodged at that point and fell out of her purse ...

OR it's possible that someone hit her on purpose and then grabbed her while she was looking for her phone battery ...

whatever happened, it happened in that parking lot IMO

That would leave a mess, there was no sign of a mess nor a struggle even. Which is why LE were treating as a missing persons investigation in the beginning.

the missing battery from her cellphone has bothered me but then I read somewhere here that someone may have seen her drop her purse ... well, if she dropped her purse and/or phone, it's possible the battery came out on impact & she couldn't find it again

the other possibility is that she was hit by a car and the battery dislodged at that point and fell out of her purse ...

OR it's possible that someone hit her on purpose and then grabbed her while she was looking for her phone battery ...

whatever happened, it happened in that parking lot IMO

With Morgan's phone - apparently the battery and battery cover were separate. The phone and cover were found - but battery was missing.

IMO - someone took the battery on purpose.

What I haven't been able to figure out....

Why would her killer bring back the purse to the arena area? If that was the case. Why would they chance getting caught at that point? Morgan would have been dead. Why would he risk being seen? They could have easily got rid the purse where it would not be found. Morgan being reported "missing" has a lot to do with the fact that her purse was found. If it wasn't she may have been listed as a runaway.

IMO she had to have dropped it/left it behind or she was taken from the spot where it was found..

Maybe cause no one actually knew she was missing? Perp went back to site, no one around... IDK...just throwing it out there

Also, does anyone know if she actually knew the basketball players she was seen talking to? I know they spoke with police and were cleared but I would LOVE to know what she said to them.

Was she looking for something going on around campus? To wait out the concert? Was she looking for a ride at that point? I feel the context of that conversation would be important and telling. Now that her body has been found, I wish LE would release some more details. The PC was strange...and I do believe it will be a local who puts the pieces together and solves this crime. However, I fear they aren't getting the tips they desire because they are being so protective over the details of the case. Only stressing location. I know that the location is a major thing...but what else can they tell us.

Maybe cause no one actually knew she was missing? Perp went back to site, no one around... IDK...just throwing it out there

Thanks! It's just driving me crazy. I can't imagine after killing someone...why would you put yourself out there like that. It seems too risky.

What I haven't been able to figure out....

Why would her killer bring back the purse to the arena area? If that was the case. Why would they chance getting caught at that point? Morgan would have been dead. Why would he risk being seen? They could have easily got rid the purse where it would not be found. Morgan being reported "missing" has a lot to do with the fact that her purse was found. If it wasn't she may have been listed as a runaway.

IMO she had to have dropped it/left it behind or she was taken from the spot where it was found..

I personally don't think the purse was ever in any parking lot. I think the perp took it directly to the lost and found and said he found it in *advertiser censored* spot, maybe where he took her from, or where he saw her, or a place where he knew there had been lots of people, or where he was parked, or...

Thanks! It's just driving me crazy. I can't imagine after killing someone...why would you put yourself out there like that. It seems too risky.

I agree... But it's kind of like what someone said... Maybe the killer was somewhat remorseful...that's why her body was dumped where it had the potential to be found eventually... Maybe taking her purse back to where she was last seen (or seen near) was along those lines as well...

Also could just be the simple fact of toying with LE...

I agree... But it's kind of like what someone said... Maybe the killer was somewhat remorseful...that's why her body was dumped where it had the potential to be found eventually... Maybe taking her purse back to where she was last seen (or seen near) was along those lines as well...

Also could just be the simple fact of toying with LE...

What are your thoughts on the killer? Local? Knows Morgan? SO? Stranger abduction?

It's a lot less risky than being caught with it in your possession.

I'm thinking along the lines of she had slung it over her shoulder (it was the kind with backpack straps), he didn't notice it when he grabbed her, it came off in the car, he didn't see it until after he had disposed of the body and was cleaning up.

Returning it to lost and found makes it the least likely to be traced back to him, and also explains his fingerprints etc. "Well of course it has my fingerprints on it. I carried it back to the window. I didn't know she was missing, I thought it was just lost property."

What are your thoughts on the killer? Local? Knows Morgan? SO? Stranger abduction?

One minute I think she was a victim of opportunity and the next I think it was possibly someone she called to come pick her up.

Seems that so many things came together that night...almost like fate took it's course.

What ever way this goes, I do believe this was someone local and was someone who knew Anchorage Farms and that general area. I don't think a one or two time visitor to that place would have enough knowledge of the lay of the land - the ins and outs.

IMO it would have to be someone who knew the intimate details - knowing the land, the fence lines, creeks, dips, gulleys, rocks...etc. Someone that would know that from the houses it would be hard to be seen and/or heard. And would know if they were seen/heard that no one would think anything about it - that they would not really appear to be out of place - such as a neighbor or someone who had permission to hunt.

I also believe this person is known to the Bass family - not saying they know exactly who the perp is, but maybe they have some idea.

JMHO

Where is the cage parking lot? Was this Morgan's purse being reported found?
Is this different than the RV lot? TIA

http://www.virginia.edu/uvapolice/reports.html

Look under the maps on my blog. All of the parking areas should be marked.

With Morgan's phone - apparently the battery and battery cover were separate. The phone and cover were found - but battery was missing.

IMO - someone took the battery on purpose.

I've been having a lot of phone problems lately. I have a Motorola MotoQ - I always have to take the battery out, put it back in and reboot. I wonder if she had issues like me.

So if Morgan called somebody she knows for a ride...

...she's impatient, starts walking down the street in the direction she knows they'll be coming from...

...she sees what she thinks is her friend's vehicle, puts out her hand to wave to them so they can see her (so not really hitching)...

...it's the wrong car...

checking the last link on post 10 of this thread it states twice that the arena had video footage of her trying to get back in that should dispel the idea that maybe she was not there.

See, and that's what I keep focusing on.. she tried to "get back in" and there is footage of that; but I'd like to read there is footage of her actually being in there to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member