Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01035.htm

FBI Assistance in Missing Persons Cases

In a missing person case, as a matter of cooperation, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will, at the request of a state or local law enforcement agency, make available the facilities of the FBI Identification Division and the FBI Laboratory.

Information pertaining to certain categories of missing persons, including missing children, may be entered into the missing person file of the FBI operated National Crime Information Center (NCIC) by the local law enforcement agencies and, since passage of the Missing Children Act (Pub. L. 97-272, amending, 28 U.S.C. § 534), by parents of missing children if the local law enforcement agency will not do so.

24 Hours Rebuttable Presumption

The rebuttable presumption set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 1201(b) does not create a presumption of kidnapping. Rather, it creates a presumption of transportation in interstate or foreign commerce in cases where an actual kidnapping has been established. The presumption was added to the statute to give the FBI jurisdiction to investigate. In a Federal prosecution under 18 U.S.C. § 1201(a)(1), actual interstate or foreign transportation must be proved. See United States v. Moore, 571 F.2d 76 (2d Cir. 1978).

I started typing this out when I 1st woke up..
The blueridgeoutdoors.com is not working for me; says web site not found.

I googled other bike clubs and found Charlottesville Bicycle Club. If you look at 2009 schedules you see

Oct 17 -Sat Ride -Beaver Creek - Greenwood - Batesville Miles/Climb - 30/45 mi/90/95 fpm Start Point Murray Elementary School

I haven't finished playing with this map but it's the Farm in relation to the school start/finish point in this race link

Oct 18 -Sun Ride -Stanardsville Loop Miles/Climb -33 mi/75 fpm Start Point -Free Union School

I just mapped both - the Oct 17th ride comes closest to the farm but not that close to it.

The paranormal I also mapped - Anchorage Farm to Tevendale Farm - 22.4 mi – about 42 mins

Then I added JPJ arena.. 3 points
1. 1864 Anchorage Farm Charlottesville, VA 22903
2. john paul jones arena
3. Tevendale Farm 551 Allen Rd, Earlysville, VA 22936

Panorama Farm trails

This week's issue of The Hook (a C'ville local paper) has as its "big deal" a sale (apparently on 8/20) of a parcel (no house?) in Blandemar Farm Estates for the tidy price of $1,046,100.

Surety Trustees LLC (apparently in Fairfax, VA) to Deutsche Bank National Trust Co.

Scroll down to Albemarle County and August 20 for details from the C'ville Daily Progress back on October 19:

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/b...erty_transfers_building_permits_10_121/47649/

Lot 40, Phase IV of Blandemar Farm Estates.

Just posting in case it's a parcel close to Anchorage Farm location egress. Would perhaps expand the people who had "looked around" there in the months around October.

Probably nothing...

What we have as at least hearsay is that MH used to smoke, is reported to have quit about nine months before her October disappearance (paralleling the time that things got really good with her parents and leading to much conjecture), but is seen in at least one picture holding a cigarette, and in at least one version of events left her seat to grab a smoke, not to find a restroom

s&bbm

I know there's a video with parents (IIRC it's mom) talking about Morgan & smoking..She def said she had quit smoking months before..I'll try to find it for you all but it may take some time.

[/B]

]What we have as at least hearsay is that MH used to smoke, is reported to have quit about nine months before her October disappearance (paralleling the time that things got really good with her parents and leading to much conjecture), but is seen in at least one picture holding a cigarette

Snipped by me…

"We don't know if she met someone in the bathroom, if she took a wrong door, if she went out to smoke," Gil told the good doctor; Morgan had quit smoking six months ago, so that would be out of character for her. "

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/13/missing-metallica-fan-morgan-harrington-story-featured-on-dr-p

Sometimes people will smoke when they are drinking...even people who are not regular smokers. Not sure why that is.

Ghostmaster posted this:

"I am curious as to why suddenly Federal Law Enforcement such as the FBI has been brought in. Local law enforcement can at any time request the assistance of the FBI in any matter and for any reason. It was announced at the beginning that the FBI was working the case with the VSP. But then you never heard another word about them. And now you do? I wonder why? Could it be that the suspect is perhaps in this country on an educational visa and not a USA citizen? Just thinking out loud here, that’s all. They could be invoking the FBI just to rattle the suspect too."

I have followed this case from the very beginning and I truly believe they have somebody and unfortunately it is somebody close. Not the boogie man this time. I find this a very good move.

Sometimes people will smoke when they are drinking...even people who are not regular smokers. Not sure why that is.

This is very true, i have also noticed this as well.
When people who aren't regular smokers, smoke while drinking, it actually decreases the oxygen flow to the brain a bit, so that the alcohol will have a more profound effect on them.

A lot of evidence apparently has been gathered. However, evidence by itself is not much good unless you have someone to match it to. That takes things like fingerprints and DNA. I suspect they have (and have had) a suspect(s) in mind for awhile now. But they can’t quite link him to the crime just yet. The cat and mouse game being played is to more than likely unnerve him into making a mistake or confessing. What they are waiting on are the final results from the crime scene forensics to come back. Then they can make a move.

There is not just money in that area, but old money that has a great deal of influence attached to it. Some of the families in that area go back hundreds of years and have been very instrumental in developing not only Charlottesville but the University of Virginia itself. If LE suspects someone associated with a family such as that, they will have only one chance to build an airtight case prior to an arrest. The finest and most expensive legal counsel in the country would be available to such families. Keep in mind the $150 K reward is not exactly bringing people out in droves. It may be that whoever is involved in Morgan’s death comes from a family where that is considered to be not a lot of money.

I am curious as to why suddenly Federal Law Enforcement such as the FBI has been brought in. Local law enforcement can at any time request the assistance of the FBI in any matter and for any reason. It was announced at the beginning that the FBI was working the case with the VSP. But then you never heard another word about them. And now you do? I wonder why? Could it be that the suspect is perhaps in this country on an educational visa and not a USA citizen? Just thinking out loud here, that’s all. They could be invoking the FBI just to rattle the suspect too.

The biking clubs in the area are very diverse. Here is a link to one of the largest. Off road is much more popular than conventional biking. UVA has a cycling club as does VT and just about all the other colleges as well. I’d guess they are looking at off road riders for clues.

http://cambc.org/

Ghost, what if the perp(s) is the son of a diplomatic figure?
Also, i would think bringing in the FBI would open up more resources for the VSP.
The FBI has even more power the local LE, depending on what family the perp comes from, what type of power position they hold (if they do), then the FBI may have more influence than local LE or VSP.

I have friends in the Charlottesville area and just happened to talk to one of them tonight. Of course it was all about Morgan for the most part and the local buzz. He said that if I wanted to know why the VSP and FBI were suddenly interested in bikers to check out this link. There is an event for mountain bikers that is held every year that has become huge in MTB circles. It is called “The Paranormal Mountain Bike Race”.

Take a look at this link. (It’s the first one down) Wow! It is held on Oct.17th and on a farm? I wonder how close this farm is to the farm where Morgan was found. And if they race on farms, they train on farms, right? And this race goes well into the night. I think we just found out why they’re interested in bikers all of a sudden.

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/departments/big-events/dressed-up-and-doin%E2%80%99-it-after-dark-night-races-and-costumed-comps

Holy cow, thanks for the link.
This image at that link freaked me out :eek:

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/planet1.jpg

A curious thing to note: 1604 Blandemar Farm Drive, a farmhouse less than a mile away from where Morgan's body was found, is strangely listed on various websites as the summer address to the Polish Consulate in Miami.

http://www.embassyworld.com/Foreign_Embassies_In_The_USA/Embassies_To_USA_P1.html

Here is a map. As you can see, this property is, in fact, the next property over to where Morgan was found and is David Bass' next door neighbor.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...7.988367,-78.621984&spn=0.008388,0.01929&z=16

A curious thing to note: 1604 Blandemar Farm Drive, a farmhouse less than a mile away from where Morgan's body was found, is strangely listed on various websites as the summer address to the Polish Consulate in Miami.

http://www.embassyworld.com/Foreign_Embassies_In_The_USA/Embassies_To_USA_P1.html

Here is a map. As you can see, this property is, in fact, the next property over to where Morgan was found and is David Bass' next door neighbor.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...7.988367,-78.621984&spn=0.008388,0.01929&z=16

Blanca Rosenstiel is like 87 yrs old and spends her winters in Miami, not certain if she has any children or grandchildren - I've researched it and found none. She does, however, have a "Farm Manager" on property.

I believe that is the little neighbor woman that is "wintering" in Florida. They talked about her. Good find!

I believe that is the little neighbor woman that is "wintering" in Florida. They talked about her. Good find!

Is that 87-year old woman officially employed by Poland's Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Why would her property be listed in various websites of being the summer address of the Polish Consulate in Miami? Relatives are diplomats, possibly, employed in an official capacity by the Polish government?

Is that 87-year old woman officially employed by Poland's Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Why would her property be listed in various websites of being the summer address of the Polish Consulate in Miami? Relatives are diplomats, possibly, employed in an official capacity by the Polish government?

I suspect she set up/funded the American Institute of Polish Culture, initially in Miami, and with links to UVA's Miller Center. See link for more:

http://www.ampolinstitute.org/ip.asp?op=KChairBrief&m=x3000KosciuszkoChair

Mrs. Rosenstiel was born in Warsaw, Poland. After World War II, she studied art in Brussels, Belgium. In 1956 she moved to the United States and decided to make it her home. In 1967 she married the late Lewis S. Rosenstiel, Chairman of Schenley Industries, a great humanitarian and philanthropist. Widowed in 1976, she resides in Miami Beach during the winter season and at her Blandemar Farm in Charlottesville, Virginia in the summer.

She helped establish a permanent Kosciuszko Chair of Polish Studies, formerly at the University of Virginia, inaugurated in 1998.

This woman and her family are absolutely above reproach; and an excellent example of the "power" families in the area.

http://www.ampolinstitute.org/ip.asp?op=MrsRosenstiel

Also, i would think bringing in the FBI would open up more resources for the VSP.
The FBI has even more power the local LE, depending on what family the perp comes from, what type of power position they hold (if they do), then the FBI may have more influence than local LE or VSP.

What would be the motive? A lot of posters are saying that a drug deal went bad, but why would a drug dealer kill MH even if a deal went bad? She wasn't a threat to anyone, and there would nothing gained. Unless it was to send a message to someone ... but who?

The smoking ,comment always bothered me..also the kiss. If M was just going to the bathroom it seem odd that her friend would feel a need to kiss her..seems she felt she would be gone longer than just a couple minutes.
Karla..truly a disturbed person..is either out now or soon will be...I believe she should have got the death penalty..but she did not.
The idea that a woman,could be helping to cover and keep this secret has never been far from my mind..not just one woman...but maybe several..
I would like to know when the last time M had a date with a guy..she was very attractive, out going and into a lot of groups..just seems strange she had no boy friend.

This was posted Saturday evening by Dr. Harrington on the family’s forum. Morgan is home.

Morgan's Dad
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2009

Morgan Has Returned Home
Morgan's body has been returned to Roanoke. Gil and I had the privlege and honor of seeing and holding her for the last time. I cannot tell you how angry I am that someone could have murdered this beautiful young woman.

As we bring closure to this part of our family tragedy, we will continue to seek justice for her death. We also will continue to find ways to make Morgan's life remembered and her death not be in vain.

Gil, Alex and I are so appreciative of your continued support and help in finding Morgan's killer(s).

Dan, Gil and Alex Harrington

Morgan Has Returned Home - Remember Morgan Harrington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members