Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't work in retail, if you mean he could have accessed her going to and from work. He's much older that she is... late 60's I think.

Who are you referring to? Can you point me in the direction?TIA

ITA! I do not believe a stalker was outside the arena waiting for her that night. There are many things that LE knows that we don't. I think she either got into a car with someone (by way of any of your scenarios in your earlier post) Or she was abducted, which remains to be seen.

I also wanted to add that if Morgan had any plans set up for that night, LE would know. She would have had to make a phone call, text or respond via facebook, myspace, email etc. There is still the possibility that she ran into someone she knew. However where would they have gone? She wasn't seen at local bars or hangouts. No one reported seeing her at a party, so this leaves me to believe that whoever picked her up that night had plans to be "alone" with her.

JMO

Am following along on the social networking thoughts and her reason for leaving the arena.

Iirc, there is a place (within FBl?) where users can post about music they like, shows they are seeing, and so forth, and MH (apparently) posted there, with the seat location of their tickets. Sorry I don't have the actual link, and she didn't use her name, but it seems plausible it was her. So, yes, a cyber-stalker would have known.

But, despite the stories of stalkers lurking around women's places of work, places they are shopping, and so forth, it seems unlikely (but not impossible) for someone to have been "waiting" for MH, assuming she would be coming out to the car she came in at the end of the concert, and then "luckily" finding her wandering alone a couple of hours early, perhaps in an inebriated state.

And I personally don't buy that she left to meet up with someone...there would be text/call evidence, I would think (though that may be known but withheld).

I recall seeing that LE reported it as a "blitz attack," but they also reported that she was last seen hitchhiking. Last known sightings are usually reported as being on Copeley Bridge, but some I've seen say the actual Copeley/Ivy intersection (which would provide a much straighter shot to 29 or 64). And how did the purse get back to Lannigan Lot (or did she leave it/lose it there before hitching)?

As to who she got in a car with if not a stranger, whether by initial choice or forced abduction, then I'm with the folks who think it was someone she kind of knew or thought she could trust. Remember, she wasn't a UVA student, though her brother was a grad, and the family lived in C'ville until she was 10, but I'm thinking someone wearing a Va Tech shirt, hat, bumper sticker could seem safe.

And if so, where did they go? Obviously we don't know whether this was something that began as a different scenario (let's go party, stay warm, whatever) then escalated (perhaps as advances were rebuffed or because of an accident) or whether the person had bad intent from the start, nor where the actual crime scene was (AF farm or somewhere else).

I recall an early unconfirmed report of a dog on a search picking up a scent at a bar/restaurant near the Amtrak station. And there was the report of the frantic youth who pulled up at Boyd Tavern, east of town...and other unconfirmed sightings at UVA, Crozet, Orange within the next 48 hours...all of which are probably wrong and irrelevant, but may bear exploring again, as at least an intellectual exercise.

Gil did write the poem, it is her way of expressing the horror we have expereinced and continue to live. dan

Your pain is one that many of us do not and probably will not know.
As I mentioned, I wasn't familiar with your wifes writing but did make sure I read everything before responding to you right now.

Please know that what ever I've posted has never been with intention to add more pain to you & your family/friends. I've posted that I was my dad's wild child; I also dressed like Morgan and went to NY at 17; some days riding a motorcycle. I'm blond with light eyes & I guess the reason your daughters story has interested me, is because of my own past. The difference between us is parents; I did not have a family that loved me like you love your daughter.

I'm sorry this has happened to your family. I pray that the large media focus on her case will help solve it so that you do not have the suffering of not finding who did this; as your wife has written. Do not give up and continue to be as vocal as you can. It's my opinion that it will help solve this.

picture.php

Am following along on the social networking thoughts and her reason for leaving the arena.

Iirc, there is a place (within FBl?) where users can post about music they like, shows they are seeing, and so forth, and MH (apparently) posted there, with the seat location of their tickets. Sorry I don't have the actual link, and she didn't use her name, but it seems plausible it was her. So, yes, a cyber-stalker would have known.

But, despite the stories of stalkers lurking around women's places of work, places they are shopping, and so forth, it seems unlikely (but not impossible) for someone to have been "waiting" for MH, assuming she would be coming out to the car she came in at the end of the concert, and then "luckily" finding her wandering alone a couple of hours early, perhaps in an inebriated state.

And I personally don't buy that she left to meet up with someone...there would be text/call evidence, I would think (though that may be known but withheld).

I recall seeing that LE reported it as a "blitz attack," but they also reported that she was last seen hitchhiking. Last known sightings are usually reported as being on Copeley Bridge, but some I've seen say the actual Copeley/Ivy intersection (which would provide a much straighter shot to 29 or 64). And how did the purse get back to Lannigan Lot (or did she leave it/lose it there before hitching)?

As to who she got in a car with if not a stranger, whether by initial choice or forced abduction, then I'm with the folks who think it was someone she kind of knew or thought she could trust. Remember, she wasn't a UVA student, though her brother was a grad, and the family lived in C'ville until she was 10, but I'm thinking someone wearing a Va Tech shirt, hat, bumper sticker could seem safe.

And if so, where did they go? Obviously we don't know whether this was something that began as a different scenario (let's go party, stay warm, whatever) then escalated (perhaps as advances were rebuffed or because of an accident) or whether the person had bad intent from the start, nor where the actual crime scene was (AF farm or somewhere else).

I recall an early unconfirmed report of a dog on a search picking up a scent at a bar/restaurant near the Amtrak station. And there was the report of the frantic youth who pulled up at Boyd Tavern, east of town...and other unconfirmed sightings at UVA, Crozet, Orange within the next 48 hours...all of which are probably wrong and irrelevant, but may bear exploring again, as at least an intellectual exercise.

Though the stalker theory is obviously not impossible. I think it's the least likely of the scenarios. If Morgan had a stalker and he finally wanted to see/confront her, why would he do it at a concert. If he followed her online, I'm almost positive that the stalker would have come up with a better plan of attack. Finding a situation where she was alone. NO STALKER would know that she would leave the arena, get locked out and be left vulnerable and alone outside.

I have heard of some of the other unconfirmed sightings as well. I'm in no way saying that these are not possible. I just think you would have multiple witnesses coming forward if she was seen in a public or crowded place. (coffee house, gas station, bar or restaurant) The person she went with could have taken her back to a local house. I would think that would be most likely (or secluded area). Even if there was a gathering of two or more people, they most likely would be friends of Morgan's killer and very well may not be coming forward with that information. IMO

I think Morgan was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Though I do believe there is at least one serial killer who targets southern VA, I'm not sure that was the situation here.

It is heartbreaking to see the pain of these poor parents...I think we all can only hope and pray that more resolution is found here, and that this horrible person is caught....remember that "he' is out there, and other women are at risk too

I just feel that IF there was some person in Morgan's past that this would be out there, common knowledge by now...I have stated my various thought out reasons why there is no such ex boyfriend, jilted lover or whatever

LE doesn't hold back that info...the "ex" would have been questioned, we would have heard about him

I also feel that the idea that someone was following Morgan is not viable...
I go by statistics...permutations, probablities

and Occam's razor...which can mean the "simplest" solution is probably right, but also means that the solution with the least amount of needed variables is probably right

in this case, sorry, the variables are too "iffy"....a stalker would have to find the info online, get down there, negotiate a crowded concertgoer's parking lot, then would have to "hope" that at some point Morgan would do the unlikely combination of 1) leaving arena 2) being in an "altered state"...3) knowing ahead that her phone would not work , battery would fall out 4) supposing that her debit card was low on funds 5) "figuring" out at what time, which exit Morgan would come out...6) and so on and so on

sorry but way too much "by chance"

as I have pointed out before...Morgan lived in an apartment...she went to classes, had places she hung out and friends she hung out with and like most college kids this stuff was probably happily shared on social media sites...
so
why would this stalker pick this concert night? The "odds" are that someone who loved Metallica and was excited about the concert would not be out in the parking lot....how would he "know' this would occur?? Psychic>? sorry I don't think so

Likewise...I think that IF Morgan had some new "forbidden" love interest she wanted to keep secret, she would NOT set up this meeting at the very time she was supposed to be at a concert that cost $$ and that she was looking forward to enjoying

again>>> I feel this was a horrible series of bad events...almost a "Perfect Storm" of bad events...bad decisions....intangible factors like a cell phone that kept losing it's battery added to this...
and most of all a very very wrong person

IF Morgan had met up with a decent person maybe she would have misssed the concert, maybe had to reconsider how/when who to "party" with...maybe been hungover...maybe if it became known , been ashamed or embararessed
but let's not forget...some creep is out there, someone turned this into this nightmare, and he is still out there

the simple answer>>> some creep picked her up and it all went wrong from there
no conspiracy, no preplanned targeting and no "ex" or past relationship

Makes sense to me JMO

It is heartbreaking to see the pain of these poor parents...I think we all can only hope and pray that more resolution is found here, and that this horrible person is caught....remember that "he' is out there, and other women are at risk too

I just feel that IF there was some person in Morgan's past that this would be out there, common knowledge by now...I have stated my various thought out reasons why there is no such ex boyfriend, jilted lover or whatever

LE doesn't hold back that info...the "ex" would have been questioned, we would have heard about him

I also feel that the idea that someone was following Morgan is not viable...
I go by statistics...permutations, probablities

and Occam's razor...which can mean the "simplest" solution is probably right, but also means that the solution with the least amount of needed variables is probably right

in this case, sorry, the variables are too "iffy"....a stalker would have to find the info online, get down there, negotiate a crowded concertgoer's parking lot, then would have to "hope" that at some point Morgan would do the unlikely combination of 1) leaving arena 2) being in an "altered state"...3) knowing ahead that her phone would not work , battery would fall out 4) supposing that her debit card was low on funds 5) "figuring" out at what time, which exit Morgan would come out...6) and so on and so on

sorry but way too much "by chance"

as I have pointed out before...Morgan lived in an apartment...she went to classes, had places she hung out and friends she hung out with and like most college kids this stuff was probably happily shared on social media sites...
so
why would this stalker pick this concert night? The "odds" are that someone who loved Metallica and was excited about the concert would not be out in the parking lot....how would he "know' this would occur?? Psychic>? sorry I don't think so

Likewise...I think that IF Morgan had some new "forbidden" love interest she wanted to keep secret, she would NOT set up this meeting at the very time she was supposed to be at a concert that cost $$ and that she was looking forward to enjoying

again>>> I feel this was a horrible series of bad events...almost a "Perfect Storm" of bad events...bad decisions....intangible factors like a cell phone that kept losing it's battery added to this...
and most of all a very very wrong person

IF Morgan had met up with a decent person maybe she would have misssed the concert, maybe had to reconsider how/when who to "party" with...maybe been hungover...maybe if it became known , been ashamed or embararessed
but let's not forget...some creep is out there, someone turned this into this nightmare, and he is still out there

the simple answer>>> some creep picked her up and it all went wrong from there
no conspiracy, no preplanned targeting and no "ex" or past relationship

Makes sense to me JMO

I'm on the same page.I'm worried about other girls that may be in harms way.

I'm putting my faith in Le and the FBI. I'm praying they have a game plan going.

How about gay?l...I know when my daughters were teens they used to tell me about girls being with girls because it was "safesex". This is an avenue we have not explored..it was not a guy..but a girl..someone that would pass as a friend,not raise an eyebrow..could have been an affair gone wrong...M is flirting with a guy,or gal and someone she was involved with took it personally.

Although I don't think it's an ex I do think it highly possible it is someone she knew even slightly.

Morgan had a love of music and the fact that her body was found in the vicinity of a place where band(s) played imo can't be discounted.

She may have known the perp and got into the car willingly... she might not have know he was interested in her.

If it's a SO in the area... I feel he has legal help or financial help to NOT have been cited as a POI in the case.

BBM
This is an awesome post, PTP, that brings up a lot of good points!

There are a lot of groups on Facebook and Myspace where the members can post and reply about bands they like.
I do believe it was said that Morgan had posted about the Metallica concert.

These social networking sites are extremely dangerous at times, for underage children and also adults.

I'm not sure what Morgan's privacy settings were, however you have to manually set them yourself on your own profile. If she had hers set to friends of friends, then a friend of a friends' could have seen what she wrote. So even acquaintances could have read what she posted. On FB, you have to change the privacy settings to "friends only" in order for only those on the friends list to be privy to info.

Social networking sites make it easier for people to stalk their targets, whether they are cyber stalking or real life stalking.

In the scenario she was being stalked in reality, the stalker would have an easy time finding out that she would be at the concert that night. He could have planned it out in advance with that knowledge.

Do you have a link to where LE reported a "blitz style" attack on Morgan? I did google some profilers had mentioned that, however as for LE saying that, i can't find it, perhaps i missed it somewhere..

I've not read that, and it would be interesting. TIA.

Although I don't think it's an ex I do think it highly possible it is someone she knew even slightly.

Morgan had a love of music and the fact that her body was found in the vicinity of a place where band(s) played imo can't be discounted.

She may have known the perp and got into the car willingly... she might not have know he was interested in her.

If it's a SO in the area... I feel he has legal help or financial help to NOT have been cited as a POI in the case.

Lilac, i do agree with you in that it was someone she knew possibly slightly. I don't think she was a completely random victim at all.
Someone she knew however so vaguely.. I agree with your post.

Whoever it is, is wealthy, imo, we never see such high rewards as this. That no one has come forward with information when the reward is set at $150,000.. our economy is harsh right now, that huge sum would tempt most all people unless they already have money. The money combined with moral obligation.
We aren't seeing anyone come forward out of either or.

Meow333 wrote:
Do you have a link to where LE reported a "blitz style" attack on Morgan? I did google some profilers had mentioned that, however as for LE saying that, i can't find it, perhaps i missed it somewhere..

I believe you are correct that LE has never said that. A reporter interviewed an outside expert who suggested that the evidence in this case was consistent with a blitz attack. I believe it was in an article that ran right after one of the news conferences--either with the new tipline or the discovery of MH.

There are a lot of groups on Facebook and Myspace where the members can post and reply about bands they like.
I do believe it was said that Morgan had posted about the Metallica concert

I posted a few pages back where it said she had it posted on her FB - Look here -
it was posted here that she had the Metallica concert in her Facebook events list, hundreds of people had access to that.

Check out my blog post - the blitz mention may be linked there

Meow333 wrote:

I believe you are correct that LE has never said that. A reporter interviewed an outside expert who suggested that the evidence in this case was consistent with a blitz attack. I believe it was in an article that ran right after one of the news conferences--either with the new tipline or the discovery of MH.

Sorry, probably my mistake. I knew I had read it somewhere, and falsely attributed it to LE.

I had asked on the other thread if Morgan had posted online about her plans. I don't see why not; she was excited about the concert and I think it's likely she did mention it on FB or myspace and elsewhere online.

I think it was her flickr account that had weird messages from an older guy in Massachusetts. Someone who just happened upon her pictures and was smitten with her to a point. It's not inconceivable that someone either happened upon her FB, myspace, classmates (whatever) page or actually knew her from VT, UVA, high school, through friends of friends, etc., and was keeping up with her posts. And I don't think it was necessarily someone she was aware of or had befriended online, and I don't think it was necessarily a college-age person. I've gone on FB and myspace and searched for old friends and people I haven't seen or heard from for years and was able to find them. It's not a stretch (IMO) to think that perhaps someone who knew her from afar (as it were) had done the same. And even if she never outright posted she was attending the concert, it's also quite possible that a comment from a friend would have made that clear.

I was not aware of how weird some people can be on these sites when I first started one, which was about 2 years ago. It was MocoSpace. Even though I'm in my 40s I going through a rough time in my life and I decided to do a profile on Moco. Long story short, a man who was supposedly a professor from Canada and had been left a gorgeous manor sent me a friend request. I accepted, thinking this was innocent enough. I started dating a guy (who is now my husband) and he started a profile, too. He asked me one night about the professor and I explained we just basically talked about what Canada was like, simple things. My boyfriend/husband proceeded to log on to Moco and find this guy's profile and he had copied one of my pictures from my profile and the entire background of his home page was hundreds of pictures of me. My boyfriend was highly upset and afraid this guy was stalking me. I was shocked. There was never anything out of the way in our conversations. I deleted him immediately. Now I'm careful on FB and MySpace who's friendship request I accept. So Morgan didn't even have to know the person for them to know her.

She doesn't work in retail, if you mean he could have accessed her going to and from work. He's much older that she is... late 60's I think.

These live camera systems are designed so that the guards can follow any shopper or employee from area to area. Maybe he actually watched her shopping.

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat...01102100390887

Morgan and I use them to put our jewelry in,” said Harrington, who shared the same information with a funeral director and family friend. “And I said, ‘I think we want to put Morgan’s ashes in the cigar box.’"

Harrington says that her son, Alex, recently looked through family photos and found a snapshot of Morgan as “a tiny baby,” playing with the cigar box.

“I never thought she’d be in it,” said Harrington. “But she was playing with my jewelry that was in the cigar box.”

Gil has a way of putting things that just shocks me..but her words are so true,no beat around the bush..just there..whether you like it or not.I feel for her, like only a mother could...I guess the torture she feels is so clear it just breaks my heart.I look at her and pity the loss she feels...and pray to God that I never have to walk in her shoes.

She mentions ,she blames the person that Murdered Morgan...I believe that would mean that MH was either shot or stabbed or strangled(item around neck),Don't You??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024