Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Huguely arrested in LaCrosse murder of Yeardley Love, there are some similarities with Morgan's case. Anyone wondering if he had friends from the area where Morgan was found...

and he was an Anthropology major

This is on JVM right now and they mentioned MH as well.

Someone asked if I started a thread for this case in Crimes in the News....I did not, so anyone who wants is free to do that still.

I got the info about Morgan's bones broken prior to being killed from an article dated March 17.

“He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way,” says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter’s killer, “to break her bones before he murdered her.” Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter’s skeleton showed “brutal damage.”

Link:
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...gtons-say-morgans-killer-is-violent-sadistic/

Quite interesting article, I hadn't seen this one. However, I did view the press conference at this time so I was aware of how DH viewed this killer. I haven't been able to read all posts, looking into this article under the route 29 killings, it states this -----
<snipped>
Some believe the man at the side of the road was Darrell David Rice-- and federal prosecutors believe that less than three months after Alicia disappeared, he murdered two women in the Shenandoah National Park.
Rice, who has been held nearly 10 years for another crime in the Park, will be released from federal prison in two months, and his attorneys say it's unfair to link his name to other crimes. Indeed, 11 years after Alicia's disappearance, State Police have yet to charge anyone with her murder.<snipped> this article was released in 2007.

Mercy, is this to say that this David Rice is now on the loose? Heaven help us.

This is not likely to have any connection to Morgan, but is interesting in relation to the original connection of Morgan speaking with athletes in the parking lot....

http://blog.taragana.com/sports/201...womens-lacrosse-athlete-at-same-school-98662/

From the article:

Leonard Sandridge, executive vice president of the university, said the campus was shocked and saddened over Love&#8217;s death. &#8220;But that shock, disappointment and concern, of course, is magnified by the fact that she was murdered by one of our own,&#8221; he told reporters.

--snip--

This is off-topic, but I find it shocking that the UVa, in its official statement, has already tried and convicted a UVa student who at present is only accused. Odds are that Sandridge is correct, but what a major breach of decorum!

The conclusion to withdraw Darrell Rice as a suspect in the route 29 killings from an article I read-

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Feds seek to withdraw charges against hikers' accused slayer
[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Friday, February 6, 2004[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]RICHMOND, Va. - Federal prosecutors sought Friday to withdraw charges against a man accused in the torture slayings of two hikers in Shenandoah National Park.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Darrell David Rice, 36, was to stand trial next month in Charlottesville on four counts of capital murder in the killings of Julianne Williams and Laura "Lollie" Winans during a Memorial Day weekend nearly eight years ago.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The hair, found on a glove at the crime scene, was determined to be similar to another hair at the camp that also did not match Rice or the victims.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In court documents, prosecutors also said a government expert changed her opinion about DNA evidence found on straps used to tie the victims. The expert said the DNA did not belong to Rice, but to another man who could possibly be the killer.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

The murdered girl and the accused were in a relationship; it wasn't a random crime. So I doubt the accused - even if guilty - would have also randomly killed Morgan last year.

The murdered girl and the accused were in a relationship; it wasn't a random crime. So I doubt the accused - even if guilty - would have also randomly killed Morgan last year.

I agree.

Well since LE hasn't released that info. I can say that her purse, necklace, camera, t shirt and boots were not found on the farm.

Her purse was found in the rv parking lot outside the arena and her t shirt on a bush outside a nearby apartment complex.

As far as the other items, I do not believe that they have been recovered yet. Or LE isn't stating that at least.

So the only item that was found with Morgan (that we know of) is a thick chunky silver bracelet that was returned to her mother.

thanks ladybug99 i had asked in a earlier thread if we were allowed to talk about Morgans boots i assume we can.that is one of the reasons i feel there is female involvement.i just dont understand why any male/s would keep those.assuming unless she did some real damage to the perp/s with them.and i dont think thats the case since whomever left evidence all over the place and they werent to worried about it.i think to me it feels like somebody wanted her out of the picture they were jealous of her and her belongings.it was said in an earlier release that M was a known man thief.maybe it was just her looks or personality.a lot of women can be that way but not on purpose.maybe more of a man magnet.i think its possible this may be the situation here an unlikely scenario that maybe we are not looking at.jmo

cover-laxmurder-map-325x226.jpg

(Note: Image from link)

While the State Police spokesperson discounts the likelihood of any connection between the Yeardley and Harrington cases, there are at least three similarities:

• there were crushing injuries in both cases,
• Morgan’s shirt was found at the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, about three blocks from Love’s apartment, and
• there was a lacrosse connection (as a group of UVA men’s lacrosse players reportedly discovered Morgan’s purse on their way to practice the morning following her disappearance.

Harrington doesn’t believe the cases are connected, but she does think there’s significance to the location of the shirt.

more at link:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...ngton-yeardley-connected-by-location-outrage/

readthehook has an article bringing together Harrington and Love murders:

"While the State Police spokesperson discounts the likelihood of any connection between the Yeardley and Harrington cases, there are at least three similarities:

• there were crushing injuries in both cases,
• Morgan’s shirt was found at the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, about three blocks from Love’s apartment, and
• there was a lacrosse connection (as a group of UVA men’s lacrosse players reportedly discovered Morgan’s purse on their way to practice the morning following her disappearance. ...[new news to me!!!!]
Harrington doesn’t believe the cases are connected, but she does think there’s significance to the location of the shirt."

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/03/uva-student-found-dead/

Morgan's name came up at the end of this article, and many times in the comments

A caller came on NG just now, and asked if MH's case has anything to do with this Lacrosse player, GH. JC said that they are similarities but LE does not think they are connected. Do we know if GH went to the Metallica concert? There were reported Lacrosse players there witnessed in the parking lot (maybe the morning after they found her purse, WTH!!!). How can LE be sure that GH had nothing to do with MH's disappearance and death? I think my first inclination was to think that MH was ran over repeatedly. Perhaps LE has no witness of the Lacrosse players talking to MH. Doesn't mean that they didn't meet her over by the bridge. IMO

I would like to see distance from this apartment to MH's apartment.
Do the friends..know of any connection between MH and the Lacross prlayer accused in this recent murder.?

While MH was in Charlottesville when she was murdered, MH lived in Blacksburg, GH lived in Charlottesville; they are about 150 miles apart.

I would like to see distance from this apartment to MH's apartment.
Do the friends..know of any connection between MH and the Lacross prlayer accused in this recent murder.?

• Morgan’s shirt was found at the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, about three blocks from Love’s apartment...

A good portion of UVA students live within three blocks of where that shirt was found, FYI.

KR2tonenow said:
There were reported Lacrosse players there witnessed in the parking lot (maybe the morning after they found her purse, WTH!!!).

There were confirmed basketball players in the parking lot, the police talked to them.

I've been searching old news reports and none mention anything about lacrosse players in the parking lot or finding the purse. All said that a "passer-by" found it. BUT it was found near where most of the athletic fields are at UVa, so it would not be surprising that a student-athlete would have found it.

A good portion of UVA students live within three blocks of where that shirt was found, FYI.

There were confirmed basketball players in the parking lot, the police talked to them.

I've been searching old news reports and none mention anything about lacrosse players in the parking lot or finding the purse. All said that a "passer-by" found it. BUT it was found near where most of the athletic fields are at UVa, so it would not be surprising that a student-athlete would have found it.

It wouldn't be surprising if a student-athlete found it wherever it was. Quite a high percentage of students at most universities participate in athletics at some level. There are certainly problems with the cult of athletics in the US, but it's a mistake to assume that two people being athletes, even on the same team, constitutes a major connection.

I am, however, wondering if the accused murderer has a connection through a different activity. He was vice president of UVa's chapter for Operation Smile (http://www.operationsmile.org/), which helps provide reconstructive surgery and dentistry for kids with cleft palate worldwide. Were MH or GH (or DH for that matter) ever involved with that organization? (The comments for this article http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/03/uva-student-found-dead/ quote his UVa athletic dep't bio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay