Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the poster.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pos...-fbi-video-asks-your-help-150000.html;683;313

The refer to him as Sketch.

The FBI has revised the sketch, which was initially developed by Fairfax City police following the September 2005 sexual assault where the suspect grabbed a woman and dragged her to a pool and park area and sexually assaulted her.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-har...fbi-releases-revised-sketch/story?id=16494885

What are your problems with this suspect identification? Just wondering what you meant.

To answer your other question (possibly), DNA testing revealed African ancestry.

I think it is the same person. DNA doesn't lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if this man has been ruled out? The link is an article about a suspected rapist arrested in MD, not far from DC/VA. He was arrested for raping a woman on a college campus, he looks remarkably like the sketch, and he has an arrest record in VA. The coincidences are pretty stunning if he's not responsible.

Wow RDGirl...way to pay attention!

Same - same if you ask me...Even his ears!

What are the chances!?!

And how many other victims are there?

FBI_composites530_MorganHarrington_murder.jpg

175468.jpg

D.C. man gets 90 years in jail for rape of Montgomery College student
July 15, 2011

A Washington, D.C., man who pleaded guilty in January to raping a 19-year-old Montgomery College student in 2010 begged for mercy Friday after he learned he would be spending more than 40 years in jail.

Read more: http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...f-montgomery-college-student&template=gazette

:what:

ETA: he was a former student at montgomery college: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/montgomery/the-man-suspected-of-raping.html

:thud:

What are your problems with this suspect identification? Just wondering what you meant.

To answer your other question (possibly), DNA testing revealed African ancestry.

The rape victim and one or more witnesses provided information for the composite, so it's probably fairly accurate.

I'm still surprised with that detailed of a sketch, someone hasn't recognized him. Friends, family, nearby places he shopped, etc. Maybe he travels for his job? No idea, but I hope the day comes soon that he is arrested! Because that type behavior hasn't stopped unless he is dead. IMO!

What are the chances!?!

175468.jpg

The resemblance here is really uncanny.

What are the chances!?!

175468.jpg

Yes, I agree. This could definitely be the assailant. What a great find.
I hope his DNA is compared to the samples from Morgan.

I hope you called it in. I don't think it's him -- the nose looks wrong to me -- but it's a very close resemblance.

Hard to tell, and we're always unsure about the art of sketches, but there are some similarities, alongside some notable differences -- e.g., length of nose, hairline, chin, jaw, and cheekbones.

I hope you called it in. I don't think it's him -- the nose looks wrong to me -- but it's a very close resemblance.

I did call the tipline. No one ever got back to me so I dunno if that's good or bad, but at least they got the info.

I have some thoughts to share but I've shared most of what I think and I have to head out in a bit, so I'll just share one quick thought.

She was a big fan. Everything we know is consistent with this. The stuff her family described, the tickets, etc. points to that. IMO she did NOT leave the venue to go outside for a party instead. She'd be missing the show she had looked forward to so much to do something she could do on any of the other 364 days of the year.

As an aside, I think that the same reason indicates she didn't do drugs willingly. The way she was acting, if it's consistent with drugs, makes me think that it was slipped into her drink. IF she did any drugs, IMO it was because she believed the drugs were not what they were. A big fan would probably want to be more or less sober for the show, if anything just a bit drunk or stoned but not to the point where they'd be acting confused the way her actions outside the venue were described. This really makes me think that her beers (or drugs if she had any for some reason, IIRC she was described as not doing drugs) were spiked with something against her will.

Maybe the perp was sneaky and slipped drugs into her beers without her knowing anything about it. Then he could have followed her outside the venue. Does security remember anyone else leaving? I can't imagine that many people were leaving before the show began.
I think this is an excellent post.. You bring up some very, very good points. R.I.P. Morgan. God bless you, Harringtons.

It's hard to say why 20 year olds do a lot of the things they do. I believe fully that she didn't leave on purpose, I think she may have been looking for a place to smoke. I'm not sure I think I read somewhere that she was in the smoking area at some point, but maybe she just assumed at some point that she could slip out and burn one and then get back in with the ticket stub.

As for the drugs, like I said who knows what is going on in the mind of a 20 year old when drugs or alcohol is involved. Maybe it was a drug she had never taken before, or this time its effects were different on her than before... who knows? I know when I was younger and partying and hitting up concerts and such I wasn't shy about trying stuff (or usually in my case drinking way in excess).

I do believe though that this was a crime of opportunity, that an inebriated young lady was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It feels like a stretch for someone to have slipped her a mickey and then stalked her in the unlikely chance that she would wander outside the arena, and then bide his time while she approached numerous people waiting for her to hopefully end up alone. Not impossible, but just feels a bit unlikely.
I agree unless it was someone who knew her or maybe someone who was with her group partying before the concert or maybe they met them at the concert. Sitting next to them or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay