Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not an exact match obviously, but fuller lips, nose that's wider at the base, just hints of undereye circles, smaller more almond shaped eyes, and a mustache/goatee thing, which anyone could have, but it's there.

I followed MH's case very very closely and after much thought with what I know (which is only what has been reported or made public) I do not think these 2 cases are related. Just weighing in. I'd love to be wrong so that the Harringtons would finally know, but I'd be surprised. Great to see folks coming back to Morgan's case though.

He looks much younger than the drawing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I followed MH's case very very closely and after much thought with what I know (which is only what has been reported or made public) I do not think these 2 cases are related. Just weighing in. I'd love to be wrong so that the Harringtons would finally know, but I'd be surprised. Great to see folks coming back to Morgan's case though.

I kind of agree. Very similar circumstances, creepily similar even, but there are so many sexual assault issues in Charlottesville, and there is obviously more than one predator.

Like you though, I so want the Harrington's to get some real closure.

They have said they don't want discussion of MH's case on HG's case, and to post anything related for the time being, in MH's thread.

IMO he looks a lot like the sketch.
I also found his previous address to be quite interesting. Its very close to Red Hill Road/Anchorage Farm.

wow, I do not see the resemblance. The eyes, the eyebrows, the eyebrow line, the cheeks, the nose - its all different IMO. I'd like to see this process with someone else as the starting image to see if the simple suggestion of similarity is enough to make our own eyes play tricks on us.

Like someone else said, he doesn't have to look like the sketch to be MH's killer, though. Its all about DNA.

I totally get what you are saying. I don't know. Maybe I am seeing it because I want a resolution so badly in Morgans case?
Morgan is my "pet" ( for lack of a better word) case. It was her case that led me to internet crime boards.
I do see a lot of other similarities besides the sketch though.

Good job....very striking indeed.

I agree. The most distinctive characteristic from the composite sketch is the suspect's small, almond-shaped (as someone said above) eyes and they match JM's eyes.

He is. He's only 32, which means that in 2005 (9 years ago) he would have been only 23. That's way down at the bottom of the estimated age range for the rapist. There's also no telling how accurate the sketch is. Certainly close enough to bear further investigation.

I would love there to be a connection and the guy found so that these families could get closure. Morgan Harrington's death is one that is never far from my mind. She liked similar music to my daughter and I.

I remember this case like it was yesterday. When she first went missing, my daughter was 17, and was beginning to go to lots of concerts with her girlfriends. I lectured them until I was blue in the face, about STAYING TOGETHER during the show. Do NOT go to the bathroom or the food court alone. Do NOT EVER leave the venue alone or with any one you meet there, EVER.

And sadly, Morgan's case fueled my fears and my lectures. I credit her disappearance with helping keep my daughter aware of these kinds of tragedies. She still asks me if Morgan's killer has been found. I cannot wait to say YES.

I am just not sure if the POI in the other case is the one though.

http://m.insidenova.com/headlines/u...1c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html?mode=jqm

Interesting sentence in the last sentence of link above...

Sketch of Harrington's suspect matches description of Matthew...

:waitasec:

I feel like there is no innocent until proven guilty in this case. We haven't even been told one shred of evidence that he is responsible for Hannah's disappearance, much less Morgans. We have him on video with Hannah and that is it. Definitely something to look into and rule him out or catch the perp. But definitely not enough to start speculating he's a serial killer. If he's responsible than he deserves it all. If he is innocent,his life is already totally ruined. I'm keeping open minded on this one. At the very least until LE can give us any evidence at all about him.

I see no resemblance at all other than the goatee. Sketch's mouth is broader. JM's eyes are more deepset than the sketch. The nose in particular is way off. Shape of the face is different, as well. Sketch has higher cheekbones.

JMO

Longo on CNN now.
Asked if a link is possible.... He says it is a logical and legitimate question and they are working hand in hand with investigators from Morgans case.

I see no resemblance at all other than the goatee. Sketch's mouth is broader. JM's eyes are more deepset than the sketch. The nose in particular is way off. Shape of the face is different, as well. Sketch has higher cheekbones.

JMO

They're both thirtysomething black men?

Well, in 2005, when the sketch was originally made, the man was thought to be around 25 years of age. That age would make the suspect around 34 now, so not too far from the current POI in the Hannah Graham case.

I agree with many of you that say they don't necessarily look similar, but I think the descriptors that a survivor could have given a sketch artist, like "small, almond shaped eyes", "full lips", etc, have similarities.

The basic proportions fit in the overlay. Basic eye size and shape, lips hit at the right spot.

I'm not even saying I think JM is the sketch, just something interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member