Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.insidenova.com/headlines/u...1c2-4040-11e4-a18b-0710e0693940.html?mode=jqm

Interesting sentence in the last sentence of link above...

Sketch of Harrington's suspect matches description of Matthew...

:waitasec:
I find it interesting that they mention DNA matching to a 2005 rape case and mention his name in the article. One would think they could easily be able to match the DNA profile from the 2005 rape case and MH murder case by testing a relative of LJ to see if he is a match, right?

I agree with many of you that say they don't necessarily look similar, but I think the descriptors that a survivor could have given a sketch artist, like "small, almond shaped eyes", "full lips", etc, have similarities.

The basic proportions fit in the overlay. Basic eye size and shape, lips hit at the right spot.

I'm not even saying I think JM is the sketch, just something interesting to see.

I think the similarities are striking, all things considered.

Here's an explanation of why the drawing would not be an exact match: http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-sketch3.htm

When I factor in the claim by Randy Taylor that he and Alexis Murphy spent the evening with a man in dreads, before she disappeared, it really makes me think that a serial killer has preyed on young women in this area of Virginia.

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but is there a psychological profile of MH's killer available to read? Thanks,

Not that I am aware of.

If there is I'm sure someone will be along shortly and link it.

I find it interesting that they mention DNA matching to a 2005 rape case and mention his name in the article. One would think they could easily be able to match the DNA profile from the 2005 rape case and MH murder case by testing a relative of LJ to see if he is a match, right?

Only if one of his relatives agreed to give a sample.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The man suspected of abducting 18-year-old Hannah Graham from the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, Virginia earlier this month is forensically linked to the 2009 disappearance of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, sources close to the investigation confirmed to CBS 6 reporter Laura French.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The man suspected of abducting 18-year-old Hannah Graham from the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, Virginia earlier this month is forensically linked to the 2009 disappearance of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, sources close to the investigation confirmed to CBS 6 reporter Laura French.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

Finally. I'm so glad he is off the streets.
Too bad it came at the expense of Hannah's life.

Many of us just knew it, we felt it the minute we saw Jesse Matthew... he was the guy. Then when we heard of Matthew's links to the place where Morgan's body and tee shirt were found, it just confirmed it in our minds. Glad he is off the streets. People felt he was too "dim" to be the killer. No he is a predator, a hunter of women doing whatever it took to remain free and kill again.

I wonder how many other cases are also linked? They never said the 2005 rape was the only one.

Suspect’s arrest in U-Va. case provides lead in 2009 death of Virginia Tech student
By T. Rees Shapiro September 29 at 12:53 PM

Virginia State Police investigators said Monday that the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., who allegedly abducted U-Va. student Hannah Graham, has provided “a significant break” in the case of a teenager who disappeared in Charlottesville in 2009 and was later found dead.
BREAKING: Forensic evidence links Hannah Graham suspect to murdered Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington
Posted 12:13 pm, September 29, 2014, by Becca Mitchell, Updated at 12:42pm, September 29, 2014

[...]

Virginia State Police have released a statement regarding the connection:

“For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va. Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public’s patience as we move forward.

Anyone with new information concerning the Harrington investigation is encouraged to contact the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at 434-977-4000.

Meanwhile, state police continues to dedicate the necessary resources to assist the Charlottesville Police Department through the course of its investigation and with their efforts to locate Hannah Graham. In fact, right now, the public’s focus needs to remain on helping Charlottesville Police locate and bring Hannah Graham home.“

"The mother of a 20-year-old woman who disappeared in 2009 from Charlottesville, Virginia and later found dead in says her daughter's death is linked forensically with the man now suspected of abducting 18-year-old Hannah Graham.

That man is Jesse Matthew Jr. Now Gil Harrington, mother of slain Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, told NBC Washington that Virginia authorities believe he may have been involved in both crimes."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-coped-raped-murdered-2009.html#ixzz3EjCZ8bj9

Just saw this article. I am praying for Morgan's family as they cope with this news and pray that justice is done for them as well as Hannah's family and any other victim's families. If this is indeed the case it is tragic he could not be found without something happening to Hannah.

RFsybGh.jpg

Morgan Harrington

Suspect's Arrest in 2009 death of Virginia Tech student
By T. Rees Shapiro and Mary Pat Flaherty September 29 at 1:29 PM
[...]

Police would not say what forensic evidence they have connecting Matthew to Graham’s case or to the Harrington investigation.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said that “it would be inappropriate for me to comment” on the new information.
Father of Morgan Harrington says family is 'relieved in one sense' after news the arrest of Jesse Matthew had provided a significant break in the case with a new forensic link, 'but very sad in another as it's taken another tragedy to solve Morgan's case' - @NBCNews
End of alert

http://www.breakingnews.com/item/20...reliev/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wow, I am in SHOCK! I followed Morgan's case very closely and have been following Hannah's case as well. I was definitely intrigued by the possibility that JM might also be responsible for Morgan's murder, but had this doubt in the back of my mind...I would bounce back and forth between "nah, we are going to hear that he isn't linked" to "man, this guy is it!" I thought he somewhat resembled the sketch but was careful to keep in mind that the victim was surely traumatized and sketches are never exact. Even still, I seriously did not expect that confirmation would be made publicly this soon, though I am glad it was. Hopefully the release of this information prompts some new tips that will lead to Hannah and perhaps even provide resolution to other open cases. There are many unsolved cases in that area that need a fresh look in light of this new development.

Above all, I am so relieved that the Harringtons can now begin to have some measure of closure. They have been the epitome of grace under fire throughout this entire terrible ordeal and my heart breaks for them. Today's news brings them one step closer to justice for Morgan and is a huge step towards Helping to Save the Next Girl by taking this predator off of the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipwizard3