Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I have the flu and haven't felt like logging on. I am trying to catch up now. Let me know if I have missed questions about the pics...or anything else I can help to try to answer about the area.

i agree its ok concert attire, but a frat party, no-the paperlady was like man, that skirt is hiked all the way up her hips, or something to that end. i think LE should release one new piece of evidence a day for us. and 2, does anyone know whiskey75, who was at the concert, in same section 312?
Ok, gotcha. I also question why LE hasn't released anything else. I hope it doesn't mean they have hit a brick wall. I'm also concerned with the fact that all the missing person posters are being torn down. I don't understand who would do such a thing, and hope that they are caught on tape. IMO they have some explaining to do. I haven't seen whiskey75 or the poster Secret Agent Mom. I hope that all is ok.

Some key piece is missing from this.

WHAT IS IT?

I'd say it's that her image hasn't been found on any videos from the security cameras - almost like she never made it into the arena...or anywhere close to the entrance (or wherever the cameras are located).

Sorry if I seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I have the flu and haven't felt like logging on. I am trying to catch up now. Let me know if I have missed questions about the pics...or anything else I can help to try to answer about the area.
LOL Well hello! That was weird!

Ok, gotcha. I also question why LE hasn't released anything else. I hope it doesn't mean they have hit a brick wall. I'm also concerned with the fact that all the missing person posters are being torn down. I don't understand who would do such a thing, and hope that they are caught on tape. IMO they have some explaining to do. I haven't seen whiskey75 or the poster Secret Agent Mom. I hope that all is ok.

Have the flyers been torn down, or were they never put up in the first place? If it's the former, I also hope the perp(s) are caught on camera since it seems they are definitely trying to sabotage the search.

Have the flyers been torn down, or were they never put up in the first place? If it's the former, I also hope the perp(s) are caught on camera since it seems they are definitely trying to sabotage the search.

People here and on FB have been disappointed to see that theirs they put up themselves were taken down
Yet news reports say LE have been out there hard at work putting them up..

yeah someone should put posters in the academic village and monitor them to see who is so vile.

Many things puzzle me, and this may well be the case. IDK. But I cant figure why she would NEED a cover. She doesn't live at home. She has an apt with a roommate which ~ 30 mins or so drive from her parents.

I'm not disputing the idea b/c to me it is plausible for someone to use a concert as cover; but the WHY stumps me. She's not 15, living at home; She's 20, living off compus, somewhat away from parents and she's a Jr in college. The WHY ...why would she need a cover for a dude? It stumps me.

Anyone?

Just throwing this out there - what if she was meeting someone but it wasn't a dude? Given that they had a priest speak for them, it would appear that the family is at least somewhat religious. Some religions (and some parents) would disown a child for a same-sex relationship. The father did say there wasn't a boyfriend - how likely is that for the average 20 yr old girl.

I think it's an unlikely scenario, but at this point it's worth a check.

i agree its ok concert attire, but a frat party, no-the paperlady was like man, that skirt is hiked all the way up her hips, or something to that end. i think LE should release one new piece of evidence a day for us. and 2, does anyone know whiskey75, who was at the concert, in same section 312?

she's a brave paperlady that Norma, working 330am Sunday mornings-I'd be very nervous

if only we had a description of the three guys last seen with her bythe paperlady--and what a joke, i mean that ina wtf way, that the only way she knew MH was missing was the newspapers she delivers, right there on campus.

People here and on FB have been disappointed to see that theirs they put up themselves were taken down

There's definitely something wrong with that. I know a few people had mentioned UVA may be trying to sweep the issue under the rug by removing the flyers. Waddles, do you know if posted flyers in other locations are also being removed?

One thing that I've noticed from attending rock and metal concerts for many years is the superficial sense of camaraderie experienced there. It lends itself to a false sense of security...because you feel at ease with people in your own element. I'm a big fan of the band GWAR and the last time I was at one of their concerts, the woman that was standing next to me was inviting everyone in the surrounding area to a party at her house...not smart at all IMO.

There's definitely something wrong with that. I know a few people had mentioned UVA may be trying to sweep the issue under the rug by removing the flyers. Waddles, do you know if posted flyers in other locations are also being removed?

No sorry I've seen this mentioned a few times but didn't take time to notice where this was...

Quoted from Article:

As Morgan Harrington's picture is spread across television and the internet, more people believe they have seen her since she disappeared from John Paul Jones Arena. People have called the police saying they've seen Harrington as far away as New Mexico and as close as UVa grounds.

Norma Parson believes she saw Morgan Harrington on the University of Virginia grounds at 3:45 a.m. last Sunday, just a few hours after she disappeared. Parson delivers newspapers to the University. She believes she saw Morgan Harrington walking with three men down the sidewalk of the Academical Village.

"She walked right by me with boots on, and you could not have missed her," said Parson.

Parson says she called the police Tuesday when she saw Harrington's picture for the first time. Investigators gathered the information from her. Parson never got the chance to give a description of the men which she believed would help.

"I can't believe no one else saw that woman wearing all that black and that mini way up her hips, and...high knee boots," said Parson. "She was too noticeable with those long legs."

Source: http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/66248292.html

This is a map of the campus. The pink area is JPJ Arena and the green arrow is the Academical Village area.

This is a crowded area with students walking around campus and to the popular hangout area ("The Corner").

uvamap.gif

good point waddles, she' gotta b made of sterner stuff. come to think of it, she must know where the party was or have seen those dudes before?

Terms of Service Short Plain Version

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Terms of Service Long Version

Good grief! Did a witness actually refer to Morgan as a skanky looking girl? Wow! Her outfit was not at all unusual for concert attire.
Good grief indeed. Dang.

Oh man.. the poor girl is missing and now she's being characterized as a *advertiser censored* and a drug addict/user? That blows.

MOO

This is very similar once again to the Brittanee Drexel case...

Fliers being put up everywhere...and them disappearing as if they were never there...

It was brought up that MB probably didn't want these notices out there because of what it would project to tourists. Could be the same case here...

Charlottesville is a very historic town - that also has visitors all throughout the year from everywhere - due to the historic nature and due to UVA and the UVA hospital being located here.

Missing girl posters don't add to the "flavor" of the town...

A couple things.

Supposedly she called her friends and said that she had been locked out and would either meet them or get a ride. Assuming this was a voice conversation, it's possible that the friend did not hear her correctly due to the background noise. That would also explain why there wasn't an extended conversation regarding how she got locked out in the first place.

Also note that she could have called the friend between acts, and then when the band started up again, cut the call short.

Something else - someone claimed to have seen her fall and presumably bloody her nose. Might this have been why she went outside? If she had blood running down her face or on her clothes, she might have been embarrassed and went out to clean up and then been unable to get back in.

Question - can anyone who was there definitively say whether or not additional tickets were available for sale that night? Has there been any word on whether she had cash on her? (The ticket office would have taken a debit or credit card, a scalper wouldn't.)

I am very curious whether anything has been recovered from the phone. If it WAS a type that loses all memory when the battery is removed, then it seems likely that the person who removed it either knew her and knew what sort of phone she had, or was some sort of "techie" that immediately identified it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth