Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the battery was removed from the phone, LE would be able to get all of the information from the phone company. Only things specifically stored on the phone (such as contacts) would be missing. But the phone company will have a record of every number dialed/received, and all texts sent/received.

We saw that from the Caylee case.

uggh, getting up in 4 hours, can't stay up for the show, will check in later - hope we get something to go on soon

They should pull in more resources, such as VK9 Scent Specific Search and Rescue, a non-profit organization -- the search dogs do more than usual police dogs can do and can sniff through no matter how many people were there and track Morgan's scent. The dogs could tell if she got into a car, and what direction the car went in, too.

Even if the battery was removed from the phone, LE would be able to get all of the information from the phone company. Only things specifically stored on the phone (such as contacts) would be missing. But the phone company will have a record of every number dialed/received, and all texts sent/received.

I'm thinking that if it dumped contact info, it would also dump any photos on the phone?

dm- i agree, and have asked if the k9s were in the academic village. i think this can tell them where she was , partying at etc.

and to anyone offended-my "skanky-looking" comment was a way to paraphrase norma's comment. it wasnt to say that she is that way, or that way w/ that outfit-but its like if i was wearing a tuxedo to a basketball game, thatd be weird, kwim?

Thank you for that. I did not know that.

When you say "texts" you mean the exact message...words... or just the record that a text was placed at such n such time?

tia

for the fone, we dont know if there was a memory card, or even sim card..but removing the battery, normall wont eliminate contacts or photos. what condition was the fone in? was a car/rv over it the whole time?

you can recover texts mostly from the provider and from the sim card, with special tools. did le describe where her fone pinged from last? was there movement on the fone, between towers since she rolled into c-ville?

I agree i don't even think they need the phone the phone company should have that information.

Missing Virginia Tech Student's Parents Believe Daughter Was Victim of Foul Play
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
<snipped>
The parents of a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who disappeared outside a Metallica concert say they fear their daughter is the victim of foul play but hope for her return.

Dan Harrington called his daughter's disappearance "a parent's worst nightmare."

"Clearly no one ever expects to be in this situation and we have to hold out hope that we're going to see our daughter again."

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569776,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morgan’s parents: don’t blame her friends
Tuesday Oct 27, 2009
<snipped>
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington urge would-be sleuths not to blame the 20-year old woman’s friends for failing to report her disappearance during an October 17 heavy metal concert in Charlottesville.

“They’re not to blame,” says father Dan Harrington. “Everyone wants to make them out to be the bad guy, but they’re not the bad guy.”

But should the friends at the concert have reported her missing?

“I wish they had,” says her dad, “but I don’t know that it would have changed anything. She’s not a 7-year-old. They wouldn’t have put out an Amber Alert.”

“This is not about let’s find who’s to blame,” says Morgan’s mother, Gil. “Let’s find her.”

Unlike the rest of “the nine,” Morgan opted for a red dress on prom night. (Others: Amy Melvin, Maggie Herrick, and Jenna Testerman.)
cover-findmorgan-prom-325x216.jpg

Article:
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/27/morgans-parents-dont-blame-her-friends/
Sad days: Harrington family coping, waiting
Monday Oct 26, 2009
<snipped>
It’s been hell on earth for the parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington.

“God, this has been a long week,” says her father, Daniel “Dan” Harrington, who last saw his daughter around noon on Saturday, October 17, just hours before her disappearance from a concert in Charlottesville. “This,” says mother Gilbert “Gil” Harrington, “has been physically, emotionally, quite a hit.”

“You have a choice,” says Gil, pronounced JILL, “you can dissolve in the corner or become hard and bitter– or forge a way to find something positive because that’s what Morgan is, or was.”

“She always called me Papa,” says Dan. “She said she needed to get back Sunday because she had a math test.”

Article:
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/26/sad-days-harrington-family-coping-waiting/
Police Say Online Videos Don't Show Missing VT Student
Updated: 7:27 PM Oct 27, 2009
<snipped>
After reviewing images and videos posted online of a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia State Police say the blond woman who resembled a missing Virginia Tech student is not that student.

Harrington's father says he doesn't blame anyone at the JPJ for what happened. He just wants to focus on getting the word out and finding his daughter.

Police say they are following social networking sites, news stories and blogs as people post information and video. They say such online resources are playing a significant part in the investigation into Harrington's disappearance.

Article:
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/66648457.html

:angel:

I don't believe that she used this concert as a cover. But one reason that comes to mind if this is the scenario...

Parents were paying her way for everything - from school to apartment to groceries and other various living expenses... This could explain why, if things were kept from her parents.... Maybe there was a threat of if you don't do this or that or the other then we will withdraw our financial help.
I can see a power dynamic like that existing... even if it were unspoken, it can still be implied and felt. OR.... otoh, maybe she felt that way (whether it was actually the case or not.) KWIM?

It is becoming more and more suspecious to me that LE is telling nothing. There are soooo many people on the boards that offer good information if only they had something to go on. I think it is time to lay the cards on the table and say exactly what happened to Morgan.
We have speculated the very worst now lets hear what really happened.

I have no doubt that they have every video camera from the state of Virginia by now. Friends have sang like canarys. If it is her reputation they are trying to save..give it up. We have to find Morgan. The good, the bad and the ugly she has to be found.

It is becoming more and more suspecious to me that LE is telling nothing. There are soooo many people on the boards that offer good information if only they had something to go on. I think it is time to lay the cards on the table and say exactly what happened to Morgan.

I have no doubt that they have every video camera from the state of Virginia by now. Friends have sang like canarys. If it is her reputation they are trying to save..give it up. We have to find Morgan. The good, the bad and the ugly she has to be found.

You know...I really hate to keep bringing it up... But this is the same thing that has happened in the Brittanee Drexel case - EVERYTHING is apparently being played close to the vest. And these 2 cases have more than a lot of similarities.

The right info being given out by LE/media -then misinformation being given out by LE/media...then back to some tidbits that are right...and are left hanging with the rest...

As I understand, FBI is helping on this case - and this may be why so many of us feel that info is being withheld from the public.

Just guessing...

They should pull in more resources, such as VK9 Scent Specific Search and Rescue, a non-profit organization -- the search dogs do more than usual police dogs can do and can sniff through no matter how many people were there and track Morgan's scent. The dogs could tell if she got into a car, and what direction the car went in, too.

Does *ANYBODY* know what the dogs did and where Morgan's exit trail went??? I can't seem to find anything out on this! :banghead: Thanks in advance.

When I was reading I got to mid-post and said - What do they have to gain by withholding info and/or what could they be trying to cover, if anything? Then I got to the last part there about her reputation. Could that be it? I mean, do people DO THAT? (not saying that people dont do it.) I just ...IDK.

If they'd even give out some nonessential bits it would help, imo, like

(1) the coat..

(2) whether the last message was text or spoken...

(That would help.) And there are some little things we'd like to know - not in accusing way, but out of sincere curiosity and wanting to understand.

(3) the JPJ PA system

Why didn't the friends have her paged? That seems fairly simple. But maybe they DID. OR maybe they TRIED. Or heck I woudn't blame then if they said, "We didn't think of that" if that's what the truth is, then that's what it is. I would admire them for the honesty. It's hard to admit things that you didn't do, but wish you had done.

(4) her car

Morgan drove to JMU (with Amy the roommate?) and left her car there, presumably at the residence where she picked up the third concert-goer.(Sarah?) (and the fourth? the only male?) So after the concert did the 3 of them (two girls, one guy , minus Morgan) drive back to JMU that night?

Didnt' they see her car still sitting there? Yeah, the first thing you'd say - which does make sense - well the car's still here b/c she's sleeping late; so no biggy. But when it got into the afternooon, did they even try to call her?

(5) Morgan's cell phone

Question for you folks who answered my phone questions earlier (and thanks for that BTW) let's say the battery was removed from her phone late sat. night. If someone tried to call her on Sun, what would the caller have heard? Ringing and no answer? Ringing to voice mail? or nothing? or what?

(6) Friend's cell phone

If a call were placed Sunday from, let's say Sarah's cell to Morgan's (and Morgan's phone by this time has the battery removed) there woud be a record on SARAH'S phone of Sarah trying to call right? even if she got no answer from Morgan. (?) Would there be a record of a call-attempt by sarah's phone if Morgan's phone didn't pick up/receive the call?) (b/c the battery was out)

IDK.

Does *ANYBODY* know what the dogs did and where Morgan's exit trail went??? I can't seem to find anything out on this! :banghead: Thanks in advance.
All I've read is that there were dogs. That's it... I mean, literally - that's it, "There were dogs.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove