Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't her Dad say that she had been to a number of events at this particular arena? If so, then she would know that there are 2 indoor/outdoor smoking areas that one can use without being stuck outside.

She would also know there was a no re-entry policy.

Hey Kant

I can understand you getting freeking frustrated with this case....those girls should be sat down, slapped around the gills and made to start speaking.....

This thing with the car...whats going on......

I am once again thinking back to my twenties....I had a very close bunch of girlfriends and we were wild.....lilfe was one big party......if metallica were around back then (actually I think they were back in the late 80s lol) that would be a good night......ie checking out guys, drinking smoking.....ready to headbang/dance etc etc when the band came on...

From what I have read about Morgan she seems very responsible, studios etc etc.....isnt her family religious...have the vicar or something live with them...

NOW I would like to know from her friends what the REAL Morgan is like......

Once again going back to my early twenties, someone else driving my car, they have MY keys....it means I either am or in am intending to get p*ssed....
(I think this may be australian terminology lol)

Also its the end of the night....you're all had a good tiime, got separated....quite often we left each other to get home whatever way as that person may be partying with someone they know (the most likely solution) or got lucky...or just met someone they are interested in....

To me Morgan dressed to kill like that was definitely out to attract male attention...or even band members attention.......that is for sure and she would not have wanted to waste that....

The one thing that makes this scenario scary....is there is no way my friends at the end of the night would not have worried about me getting home if it was an hour away....nah doesnt seem right and in MY CAR unless I had assured them I was with someone and had a ride......not going to find a ride...no way....they would have suggested the we will meet you at the gate and give you the keys to sit in the car.......

No, you're outside....your angry and the friends are going to go home in YOUR car and you have to get your own way home just doesnt add up.....that would p*ss you off even more....unless she was a very generous, easy going girl.....

I think Morgan's girlfriends were wasted too.
The designated driver could have been the rumored friend's boyfriend and that allowed all the girls to party.
The cell call made to Morgan by her girlfriend when Morgan was outside was probably one big ball of haze later when they all sobered up and had clear heads. I bet they only remembered bits and pieces of what was said.

I do think they needed to call LE as soon as they waited an hour and didn't hear anything and MH's cell was going straight to voicemail.
It's like man-up and stop worrying about what the cops are going to say about your underage partying.

JMO

PS.

I just want to make it clear, I don't think MH and her friends are druggies by any sense of the word. I do believe they partied before entering that arena though.

Good morning

Wow this thread has jumped many pages since I went to bed!
OK I still need to read through properly but two little things...

1. Oh no! Have you all forgotten what a kiss is? LOL
A kiss is a sign of affection, it is to show your love and appreciation for someone. Sure it is also used for greeting-saying hello or good-bye or good night see you later or whatever but a kiss by definition is a sign of love, caring, affection and appreciation. Several friends have said how loving she is. Well there you go. I know I kiss my friends cos they're being cute or funny or said something lovely or just cos I get a rush of affection for them and just have to give them a smack on the cheek.
Her friend could have simply said don't get lost or be good or be safe or something and she kissed her for being sweet and caring.

2. Sorry how on earth can anyone be the least bit surprised that MH's brother has had her photo up on his profile from day 1? I would be surprised if he hadn't!! I think perhaps the person who posted this does not realise that on Facebook it is quite the norm to have a profile picture of a landscape, a favourite thing, your lovely little daughter, your favourite political candidate, your pet dog, your hubby, and your missing or recently lost loved one.

:)

She would also know there was a no re-entry policy.

yea but if she's high/drunk and needs air then she wouldn't be thinking clearly and I'm sure she thought she could get back in some way. It's not unheard of for a young gorgeous girl to get their way in these situations.

have you been to this arena and seen the smoking area?
i haven't, but maybe it's packed? maybe she wanted to be off on her own for minute to smoke and not packed in some smoking area. maybe the exit doors were a lot closer to her seats than the designated smoking area.

who knows but i dont think it's odd she wound up outside if she was in some altered state and she's a smoker.

yea but if she's high/drunk and needs air then she wouldn't be thinking clearly and I'm sure she thought she could get back in some way. It's not unheard of for a young gorgeous girl to get their way in these situations.

i haven't, but maybe it's packed? maybe she wanted to be off on her own for minute to smoke and not packed in some smoking area. maybe the exit doors were a lot closer to her seats than the designated smoking area.

who knows but i dont think it's odd she wound up outside if she was in some altered state and she's a smoker.

Yeah very true, if she were sick she wouldn't even care if she could get back in at the moment.

I also think it likely she believed she could get back in. As I mentioned yesterday, a few people have posted here and on FB that despite being fully aware of the no reentry policy they personally never took it seriously as they were always able to charm their way back in. So it could be she did not really think leaving was final, or she did not realise for various reasons like being impaired as you said.

The latest post on FB by KK raises a good point
Plus the girl who said she was working box office said they finished work at 930pm. And some of her collegues would have known there was a pretty blonde stuck outside the concert roaming the area.

If LE say there were texts on her phone to a friend, surely there would be texts and calls to possible rides back home too. And if there isn't then is she expecting to just find someone, is she going somewhere, is she just looking around where the party is, same questions over and over :(

someone posted this on FB page number 2
I was talking to my mother about this case and she mentioned that one of her coworkers went to a show at JPJ a few months ago. After the show, she went ahead of the rest of her party to the parking lot because they wanted to look at merchandise and she wanted to have a cigarette. While she was smoking, she heard a noise behind her and turned around. There was a man less than 3 feet from her, and when she asked him "Can I help you?" all he could say was "Uh...uh...um." About that time, the rest of her party came into view and he asked her for a cigarette, but she had a feeling that he was planning on grabbing her. I wonder how often cases like that happen at the arena and if something similar may have happened to Morgan.

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=161409341318&page=3&hash=6f5a85a6f0ee48d1a0a344219d907b07

I live in VA and I agree about the bible belt thing, but it wouldn't change anything in the way I went about finding my daughter. Christians are people too ya know, they aren't perfect. My family are Mormons and are very strict, I am a Mormon, but don't practice it right now, but even if I thought I was going to be excommunicated for something I said so be it. Anything for my lost baby!!!!!They'll eventually let me back in. I agree that the parents haven't got a clue, and I don't think they want one either. Maybe they are afraid of what they might find out.
Edited to say think about the farmville murders, her dad was a pastor and still took his daughter to a somewhat satanic concert, and her mother a criminologist and let the guy stay in her house where they were all killed so, the point I'm trying to make is not even preachers are perfect and everyone knows that.

I never said they were perfect... I was raised in the bible belt and alot of peoples butts are firmly planted against the closet door, lest all the family skeletons fall out... For instance I had an ectopic pregnancy, when I was 29... My mother said I had an ovarian cyst removed rather than admit I was unmarried and having sex... So I was just saying they may not have known their daughter as well as they thought or they did and just don't want the skeletons coming out of the closet on Morgan!!! I also want to say that at twenty if my parents pastor was living in the home it would not have been easy on me!

That must have been some good weed, I think she was use to smokin weed maybe some EX if I was guessin?

Not sure whether you meant this seriously, but I don't think the "quality" of the weed has much role in determining whether or not people panic when high. Just look at the discussions on Reddit about freaking out when high -- it happens even to regular marijuana smokers, sometimes. And for some people, it doesn't matter what type of marijuana it is -- any kind just triggers the paranoia/panic/freak-out button.

They drove away and got home safely obviously so how stoned could they be?

I knew a lot of kids in college (and, sadly, right out of college) who drove while very stoned. Some of them actually thought it made them better drivers because they tended to drive more slowly. (I am rolling my eyes as I type this. Seriously, you would not believe how many times I ended up having to take a taxi because of this issue.)

As for the points about the friends being crappy to leave her there, or not even go to check on her when she was locked out to try to get her back in -- I'm not in disagreement about the fact that it seems very weird to me, and I would never do it. But I do think a) if they were stoned, too, then it's slightly more understandable that they didn't respond correctly to the situation; b) and if they were stoned, it's also understandable that they don't feel the need to tell the public about it. I do think that they're probably telling LE way more than we know, and LE is telling the public *only* what it thinks might be useful to producing more witnesses.

I certainly know that if I were a parent of any of those girls, and LE told me that there was no need to divulge that my child had been using illegal drugs that night because publicizing the info would NOT help the case, well, then I'd be very glad to keep it quiet. I would not want any future employer who googles my child's name to come up with a story about how she was using drugs at a concert, ya know?

Just saying...

WOW... With all the people stating here that they can not understand why Morgans friends left her in C'ville, I am begining to wonder if me and my friends are a bunch of heartless J-holes or something.

Several times, while out and partying, whether it be at bars, friends houses, friends of friends houses, we have on NUMEROUS occasions for lack of a better description 'left' someone behind or left before the friends we arrived with. This has happened wheter or not the involved parties were drunk or not. We had our reasons, and , even though we were young (early 20's), we did what we thought was the right thing to do AT THAT TIME. I personally cannot and will not pass judgement on the friends AT THIS TIME.

WHY? If during the phone call they thought that she did sincerely state she would find another ride home, and they sincerely thought that she had the means and capability to do so, then why would there be concern when she wasn't at the car after the end of the concert? Waiting for her for a little while would have been extra courteous under that circumstance- if she supposedly had a ride, there was no need to wait.

It seems that there is too much focus being put on certain things that cannot be 100% cooberated at truth/fact:

1) Possible reported sightings AFTER the ABSOLUTE LAST CONFIRMED SIGHTING in front of the stadium by people heading in are just that- POSSIBLE . The reports of her in the RV parking lot (even though her purse was found there) and being on the bridge can only be classified as "fitting her description"- this too applies to the video that was shown earlier this week on Nancy Grace. If someone truly believes that Morgan was THE ONLY long blonde haired petite girl in a T-shirt and mini skirt, well, then I have a feeling that photos posted on peoples web pages of the concert will show that there could have been at least 1 other one. Didnt one young lady already VERIFY that she is the blonde on the video near the stage?

2) The car- This is a very heated point of contention at this point. And until any of the friends that attended the concert with Morgan actually go on record PUBLICALLY and for certain state who's car was in C'Ville that night, we will be forever be going back and forth on who's car it was. It is obvious that the family and LE have 2 different stories about that at this point.

3) Argument with friends- this is another point that will not be able to be verified or shot down until one of the friends goes PUBICALLY on record to confirm or deny. Why would I give less creadence about an argument in the arena if someone nearby stated they thought that there was an argument? Well, quite frankly, in my experience, what may seem like an arguemnt to some outsiders, can be just normal banter between friends. Case in point again, with several of my friends, some days you'd think we were trying to kill each other, but it is the normal banter that occurs between us, yes even in public (did I mention my friends and have issues sometime?) Also, with all the noise in the venue, one would not really beable to hear a full converstaion unless one was smack dab in the middle of any conversation.

4) Alcohol- Yes, I understand that LE has not stated either way whether or not drinking or drugs for that matter were in play here, however, I do find it hard to believe that without a fake ID or someone over 21 purchasing alcohol for them, there would have been drinking IN THE VENUE. ID's are checked, and in most arenas, you must actually have some sort of arm band or stamp proving that your age has been verified prior to being allowed to purcahse alcohol. This howver goes out the window if alcohol was consumed PRIOR to arrival at the venue- by the time Morgan would have disappeared, unless she was severely inibriated prior to then, she would have had the alcohol wearing off. If drugs were involved, well who knows; ALL BETS ARE OFF.

Until there is some kind of consistant story provided by LE and the Family, I think that ALL information other what has been positively substantiated has to be taken with a grain of salt. That means other than the fact we know that she was in the venue, disappeared from the venue (whether it be from inside or outside), her purse was found the next day in an adjacent parking lot, and she still has not been located, everything else is speculation and unconfirmed. Speaking as if anything else is otherwise true is not doing anyone a service.

MAN this case is SOOO frustrating!!! If the Media, LE, and family would just get the FACTS straight and out to the public (within reason of course), I think that all of us here wanting to help find Morgan would not be going back and forth saying " No, this is what 'so and so' said" and " No, they said this here though." This back and forth, no matter in what forum, CANNOT be helping a find her at this point, KWIM?

People have said here that we could maybe discount the bridge sighting as a false one. Just a thing though-LE did not list several of the sightings we heard about (I never believed the 330am sighting) and included some we hadn't. I believe they have listed sightings and timeline that they have reason to take seriously as there were multiple sightings and the witnesses very credible, offering up info about her that may not have been published. There may have been several, credible statements from people seing someone thta matched her description on that bridge and the info they gave made it clear to LE it was most likely her...

I have been to numerous events over the years and never paid much attention to their rules and regulations. However, after 9-11, many rules were changed.

My point is that Morgan although had been to many events may not necessary know the rules and regulations (re-enrty, smoking locations, etc.).

I haven't had a chance to catch up with posts yet but ...

NBC29 was reporting this morning that LE is following up on some tips that came in AFTER the timeline was released ...

Maybe someday a criminology course will use this as a case study on how NOT to run a missing person case.

I have been to numerous events over the years and never paid much attention to their rules and regulations. However, after 9-11, many rules were changed.

My point is that Morgan although had been to many events may not necessary know the rules and regulations (re-enrty, smoking locations, etc.).

Just as an FYI - JPJ Arena has only been open since 2006 so I am not sure how many events she could have gone to in three years. During basketball season there are mainly only basketball games there and then throughout the year there are concerts, but also other events like WWF, the Wiggles and other kid friendly entertainment.

Y'all were really busy last night. I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one that sleeps.

I haven't had a chance to catch up with posts yet but ...

NBC29 was reporting this morning that LE is following up on some tips that came in AFTER the timeline was released ...

Maybe someday a criminology course will use this as a case study on how NOT to run a missing person case.

Hi Hoosll, yes I agree :banghead: I read this last night.
But still it's a good thing that releasing more info sparked off more tips. They've said nothing has come of it though unfortunately

Just as an FYI - JPJ Arena has only been open since 2006 so I am not sure how many events she could have gone to in three years. During basketball season there are mainly only basketball games there and then throughout the year there are concerts, but also other events like WWF, the Wiggles and other kid friendly entertainment.

Y'all were really busy last night. I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one that sleeps.

LOL yes I think some don't, I know there's one of our fellow FB page people who definitely does not sleep more than 4 hours by the looks of it

with regards to alcohol.....do they have bars in these arenas??? someone said that they are strict on underage drinking but wasnt she 23 or around that age???

that is probably beside the point because I think we have all just about realized that she was more than likely outside because of drugs or alcohol and either to get it or because of a reaction to it.....

there have been quite a few people who have said they saw her outside....I mean the guy that commented on the pantera tshirt and she told him to f)(k off.....how many beautiful blondes would be outside with a pantera tshirt on...so the theory that she wasnt at the concert or is inside the stadium I think can be just about discounted.....

some creep has tried it on with her or followed her and either nabbed her or accidentally harmed her trying to shut her up....

as a female I think alot of us know how many guys can be creepy and try to come on to you...especially if you are beautiful and inebriated......

I agree completely but there are still people with the mind set of "what will the neighbors think" her parents impress me as that type. IDK

Ummm yeah... My Mom is of that nature, as well as several other family members... Appearances are everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl