Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for somebody to map out the bridge and how close the Motel 6 is to it. I was just reading the tie die story on Blink and he was there shooting a video. I wonder if Morgan knew that and was heading over there. I think it might be right over the bridge??? Could be he had some strange friends and sent one of them over to "pick her up"?
Thanks.

Okay, I could have sworn I read a post on here referring to a FB post that stated the friends were planning to stay in Charlottesville at a hotel/motel for the night after the concert, but now I can't find it (and never did see the FB post). Iirc, this post also stated that they couldn't once they didn't have MH's financial contribution to that endeavor. Did anyone post this here?...snipped by me...
I don't recall reading any post about the friends planning to stay in C'ville at a hotel/motel Saturday night. I only remember reading they went back to Harrisburg for the night. Be interesting to read. I do recall them saying they (the friends) made different plans after not being able to find Morgan - at least I think I read it. Too many conflicting stories - I certainly don't want to add to rumors.

the car was definitely morgans

and one of her friends not in the group said that her car was in the "main parking lot" whatever that means. im not from the area so u guys would know where the main parking lot is better than me

So the texts to the guy were before her friends called her, not after?
Funny how right after speaking to them there is nothing. You'd think there would be a flurry of calls or texts trying to make plans with people. She was seen dropping her purse in the parking lot so I guess her battery fell out at some stage.
So if she did have plans to leave they were made before 9pm. Would she have been waiting for a car until 9:30. If only we knew how she was in the RV lot. Did she talk to people, what was he limited interaction-and particularly was she looking lost or like she was waiting...

Someone out there knows something :(

I'm still having problems believing she spoke with friends inside the arena and they actually could hear her well enough to know what she said.

Let's assume they had been drinking a bit, the arena is super loud - hard to hear clearly, so what they think they heard may not even be what she really said. They say she said she couldn't get back in - that we know is true, they said she said she was going to find a ride home.... but we cannot be sure she said this.

I could see them having a difficult time hearing her and her trying to explain the situation, trying to get them to maybe leave with her, bring her the car keys, or bring her money to buy another ticket ... I could even see her getting so frustrated and upset she might throw her phone down in a rage and not notice the battery coming out.

of course all we have is conjecture at this point.

and one of her friends not in the group said that her car was in the "main parking lot" whatever that means. im not from the area so u guys would know where the main parking lot is better than me

Do you have any idea why her father insists Morgan's car was not used to get the group to the arena? Has he offered any explanation?

TIA.

I'm still having problems believing she spoke with friends inside the arena and they actually could hear her well enough to know what she said.

Let's assume they had been drinking a bit, the arena is super loud - hard to hear clearly, so what they think they heard may not even be what she really said. They say she said she couldn't get back in - that we know is true, they said she said she was going to find a ride home.... but we cannot be sure she said this.

I could see them having a difficult time hearing her and her trying to explain the situation, trying to get them to maybe leave with her, bring her the car keys, or bring her money to buy another ticket ... I could even see her getting so frustrated and upset she might throw her phone down in a rage and not notice the battery coming out.

of course all we have is conjecture at this point.

all of the above points are very likely IMO, plus a number of people said she looked particularly frustrated and angry. But then others said she looked totally normal! hmmm

thanks tarheelplaya

When all is said and done her friends have to be really hurting. After all somebody made just one bad judgement call and now their friend is missing and everybody is looking at them as bad friends.

There is this thing called "fate". Was this Morgans "fate"?

I am sure it was really loud in that arena. Music, talk, shouting back and forth. Phones working..some not working. Batteries dying. Somehow they lost Morgan. I am sure that haunts them.

If only we could turn back the hands of time..how simple it all would be.

Do you have any idea why her father insists Morgan's car was not used to get the group to the arena? Has he offered any explanation?

TIA.

I think it's just because he had heard a whole different story for some reason. It's like the video he was told about way later and there was such a delay between us all knowing it was DS and he just finding out. They weren't aware of the search either. And there's another thing he was given wrong info on too I can't remember.

You will also recall that the early news reports quoted the head of the investigation as saying it was her friend's car, not hers, and that hers remained in the parking lot at JMU.

Okay, I could have sworn I read a post on here referring to a FB post that stated the friends were planning to stay in Charlottesville at a hotel/motel for the night after the concert, but now I can't find it (and never did see the FB post). Iirc, this post also stated that they couldn't once they didn't have MH's financial contribution to that endeavor. Did anyone post this here?...snipped by me...
I don't recall reading any post about the friends planning to stay in C'ville at a hotel/motel Saturday night. I only remember reading they went back to Harrisburg for the night. Be interesting to read. I do recall them saying they (the friends) made different plans after not being able to find Morgan - at least I think I read it. Too many conflicting stories - I certainly don't want to add to rumors.

Weetziebat:
I don't mean this in a snippy way, but it was Harrisonburg, VA ... not Harrisburg. I just didn't want you to get confused.

Also to the earlier poster; Honey Bun: Tie Dye man was in VA beach at the Motel 6..not in Charlottesville.

TIA.

nope...i mean my ASSSUMPTION is that she told him that they would take another car at jmu and she didnt

he is pulling this card that my "daughter never anything wrong"

im not going to go into her past because us college students are far from perfect but morgan didnt always do what he parents thought she did. what colllege student really does? even though she is closer to her family than the typical college student, doesnt mean that she doesnt make her own decisions. doesnt mean she doesnt love her parents, but she makes her on decisions just like we all do.

I don't mean this in a snippy way, but it was Harrisonburg, VA ... not Harrisburg. I just didn't want you to get confused. Also to the earlier poster: Tie Dye man was in VA beach at the Motel 6..not in Charlottesville.

thats what he told myspace...doesnt mean it is true

all of the above points are very likely IMO, plus a number of people said she looked particularly frustrated and angry. But then others said she looked totally normal! hmmm

Maybe the people that thought MH looked angry/frustrated - it was actually MH... The people that thought MH looked normal...maybe that was DS they saw and not MH

When all is said and done her friends have to be really hurting. After all somebody made just one bad judgement call and now their friend is missing and everybody is looking at them as bad friends.

There is this thing called "fate". Was this Morgans "fate"?

I am sure it was really loud in that arena. Music, talk, shouting back and forth. Phones working..some not working. Batteries dying. Somehow they lost Morgan. I am sure that haunts them.

If only we could turn back the hands of time..how simple it all would be.

I'm sure it haunts them too. It's so sad and they are changed forever.

Personally I don't believe in fate, just really bad luck. I don't think she was pre-destined in any way to meet with foul play. She had her whole life ahead of her. One single different decision or that perp not being there at that time or she being let in or the friends reacting differently could have meant a different fate, a series of chance events.

Maybe the people that thought MH looked angry/frustrated - it was actually MH... The people that thought MH looked normal...maybe that was DS they saw and not MH

very good point
Most sightings were of her being alone though, apart from the two sightings of her being with 3 guys (probably DS or another girl)

Early on though there was a completely different report of a sighting of MH on another bridge (Alderman road bridge) with two guys-wonder what happened to that. Maybe that person got the bridges mixed up...

On readthehook.com, someone from Richmond has posted that there is now a billboard on HWY 64 (major East/West Norfolk thru Chville to HWY 81N/S) of MH -

This is a great move on the part of the Harringtons as the concert would definitely have attracted people from all over ...

I went to a lot of concerts when I was young and for the life of me I cannot think of one reason I would have went outside before the band I wanted to see even took the stage.

There are plenty of people willing to sell whatever you want inside. People smoke inside even in places they aren't supposed to.

The only reason I would have ever went outside and left the arena without my friends would be if I was thrown out, if I felt unsafe inside, or I was so drunk or messed up that I didn't know what the heck I was doing.

Early on though there was a completely different report of a sighting of MH on another bridge (Alderman road bridge) with two guys-wonder what happened to that. Maybe that person got the bridges mixed up...

snipped
I may have called it the Alderman Rd bridge but it was actually on Copeley which becomes Alderman after crossing Ivy Rd ... anyway same bridge and I do remember an early report that she was seen on the bridge with 3 men ...

perhaps no they have decided that MH was not part of the group just headed in the same direction.

Thank you Eclipse..that rules her walking to the motel where the tie die shoot was being held..its about 3 hours away..per mapquest.

Another thing. I noticed a ton of construction and pictures of the buildings at the University. I wonder if they have had the dogs in there or if they plan to assign search teams to that area?

The pictures are on FB under the physich (sp?) section. Eerie how many places she could be.

I thought that LE said very clearly at presser this week that there was no activity on MH's phone after 8:48, no texts, nothing ...

I'm hoping that one of the things searchers are looking for today-Sun is that battery ...

I listened to the press conference again this morning, and I think the VSP person said no more "calls," in response to a question from the audience, so technically allowing the possibility of texting. IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member