Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WeetzieBat!! Welcome to Websleuths! I used to enjoy reading those books when i was younger by F. Lia Block!

Hi back, MeoW333 :wave: Been using 'Weetziebat' for years and do believe you're the only one to ever recognize where it comes from! I always liked her quote "I don't know about happily-ever-after, but I know about happily"

Oops! sorry to be off topic, folks. Just wanted to acknowledge MeoW's welcome and got carried away. :iamashamed0005:

Be so lovely to have a 'happily-ever-after' ending to Morgan's story!

"According to Morgan’s father, dean of academic affairs for Roanoke’s Carilion Clinic..."http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/04/still-missing-ed-smart-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

"Carilion has a 35-year association with the University of Virginia, and currently provides primary clinical training for one quarter of the University’s third-year medical students."

"He says that his daughter, who was born at UVA medical center in 1989 when he was on the psychiatric faculty,"

have we explored this angle at all? a possible disruntled student, or someone who knew she was his daughter? or a patient?

The JPL arena looks a lot like the Time Warner arena in Charlotte. The smoking section there is off the second tier, the tier where the uppper level seating is located. It is just a large balcony and the only way to leave once outside is to jump over the railing and fall to the ground below. I honestly don't think she did this.

IMO she intentionally went outside....for what reason I have no idea which is perplexing. It's obvious her friends wanted to cover up the fact they drove her car...hence not telling her parents the entire truth. I think when seriously questioned by LE, they told the truth and this is the reason for the discrepancy between her Dad and LE regarding the car. I also believe they told many other facts which LE are not disclosing.

IMO she knew the no re-entry policy and this leads me to believe she had a valid reason for being outside. I'm still leaning toward some kind of meeting that somehow fell through. This would account for her trying to get back in as well as her frustration and being so pi**ed.

IMO they all partied and with alcohol and probably drugs involved, the girls are quiet. LE is withholding info for this reason, but their main reason is not to compromise the investigation in any way. I think her alcohol/drug use made her more vulnerable both emotionally and in her decision making ability.

IMO once outside and as time passed in the cold weather, she was somehow taken/kidnapped/etc. The more time passes, the more I'm afraid we may never know what happened to her. I can't stand to even think this way, but however chilling this fact may be, it is also a reality.

As a parent, I can't begin to understand or imagine the pain her parents and brother are experiencing. I hope for their sake she is found. Not knowing would be an eternal hell.

God bless Morgan.....May she soon be found.

I don't think I ever have to post again! I agree on everything.

The JPL arena looks a lot like the Time Warner arena in Charlotte. The smoking section there is off the second tier, the tier where the uppper level seating is located. It is just a large balcony and the only way to leave once outside is to jump over the railing and fall to the ground below. I honestly don't think she did this.

IMO she intentionally went outside....for what reason I have no idea which is perplexing. It's obvious her friends wanted to cover up the fact they drove her car...hence not telling her parents the entire truth. I think when seriously questioned by LE, they told the truth and this is the reason for the discrepancy between her Dad and LE regarding the car. I also believe they told many other facts which LE are not disclosing.

IMO she knew the no re-entry policy and this leads me to believe she had a valid reason for being outside. I'm still leaning toward some kind of meeting that somehow fell through. This would account for her trying to get back in as well as her frustration and being so pi**ed.

IMO they all partied and with alcohol and probably drugs involved, the girls are quiet. LE is withholding info for this reason, but their main reason is not to compromise the investigation in any way. I think her alcohol/drug use made her more vulnerable both emotionally and in her decision making ability.

IMO once outside and as time passed in the cold weather, she was somehow taken/kidnapped/etc. The more time passes, the more I'm afraid we may never know what happened to her. I can't stand to even think this way, but however chilling this fact may be, it is also a reality.

As a parent, I can't begin to understand or imagine the pain her parents and brother are experiencing. I hope for their sake she is found. Not knowing would be an eternal hell.

God bless Morgan.....May she soon be found.

I Luv U, Light house.

-"She pulled up with her party and got out of her party's car and kind of immediately engaged me and my brother and my cousin and my friend who were at the concert," Dave Gardner, now living in New Jersey, told Lynchburg television station WDBJ."this is a lot of eyewitnesses

-structure has 32 restrooms-- 18 for women-- clearly marked. There are concession stands and even a smoking terrace overlooking Emmet Street.

-"RV lot," a small piece of asphalt, gravel, and grass that UVA spokesperson Elizabeth Wilkerson is typically filled with recreational vehicles at football games but reserved for athletes losing their usual parking during concerts.

-The triangular parcel is surrounded by Copeley Road, the UVA athletic fields, and the CSX/Buckingham Branch train tracks. Shrouded by trees and not part of concert parking, it does not appear lit like the nearby paid parking lots.

2 weird comments
"Whatever happened that made Morgan unable to get back into the building, I don't think she was too concerned," says Megan Tyree, a Radford University junior who's known Morgan since kindergarten. "She would have instilled that confidence in her friends."

to me this is a weird comment.if the friends dont know why she went outside,i dont know how this person could make a comment like that she wasnt concerned about gettin back in. who cares if you confident or not. most people who wait months for a concert would want to get back in

my point in the underlined is it brings 2 more people in general to consider in the area
-atheletes
-those transit or whatever the name is, homeless people who ride trains
-what athletic teams in area---->train times

Slow evening so I decided to watch the bands we have all been talking about on youtube. Metallica..of course the lead singers can't sing but they beat around the stage quite a bit and I can see how college students would like them. Pantera..no voice but lots of long hair and big hats.

Then I looked in on Lamb of God. Mercy. I watched a concert over in England and they started out with the f word and went right into every other dirty word. I x'd them out before I got a chance to..hear them "sing".
Oh man, I needed a laugh, HB - "big hats" indeed.. (not to be confused with the "big hair" bands of the 80s,) bwahaha.. cutie you.

And Lord have mercy! I'll call your Lord have mercy and raise you a "Heavens to Betsy" and a, "Great Scott in the morning." That LoG band can make me blush and that almost nevers happens; (Lookin' at you, Liz Phair) Well, it almost never happens with music as the stimulus I mean - heh.

And long live the incomplete sentence (me not you) :)

I don't believe she was meeting anyone either. A couple of reasons come to mind as to why MH ended up outside
1) argument with someone inside - got attitude...
2) embarrassed by the fall or disoriented by the fall
3) was asked to leave by an arena employee
4) see below (smoking)

Also I wish someone in the know would describe the smoking area.
1) is it a sheltered area outside
2) is it actually inside
3) if it's outside is it fenced, roped or chained in

If it's the latter, maybe she went out to smoke - it was crowded and she was unable to make it back to the door - stepped out of the chain or rope to the next door and was not allowed back in (actually this is what makes the most sense to me).

Even if the MH was partying the friends may not have wanted to give her keys back to her - but yet they could have brought down the clicker to her so she could at least sit in her car...

I have wondered if Morgan ticked off her friends by wandering around. They might have found their seats and wanted to see the concert. Not babysit Morgan??? Perhaps they had had it with her and just kind of said "whatever".

Slow evening so I decided to watch the bands we have all been talking about on youtube. Metallica..of course the lead singers can't sing but they beat around the stage quite a bit and I can see how college students would like them. Pantera..no voice but lots of long hair and big hats.

Then I looked in on Lamb of God. Mercy. I watched a concert over in England and they started out with the f word and went right into every other dirty word. I x'd them out before I got a chance to..hear them "sing".
Bless you honeybun. That was sweet of you to do.

A couple of thoughts this evening.

I have changed my mind about her meeting somebody that night. Common sense says she lived with a roommate and could have met anybody any time. Why would she go to a concert and then duck out? Doesn't make sense.

My other thought came while watching the video of the search today. It is going to be rough looking for this and that. The leaves are falling and are all over..hiding evidence if there is any. Soon the snow.

I don't believe she was meeting anyone either. A couple of reasons come to mind as to why MH ended up outside
1) argument with someone inside - got attitude...
2) embarrassed by the fall or disoriented by the fall
3) was asked to leave by an arena employee
4) see below (smoking)

Also I wish someone in the know would describe the smoking area.
1) is it a sheltered area outside
2) is it actually inside
3) if it's outside is it fenced, roped or chained in

If it's the latter, maybe she went out to smoke - it was crowded and she was unable to make it back to the door - stepped out of the chain or rope to the next door and was not allowed back in (actually this is what makes the most sense to me).

Even if the MH was partying the friends may not have wanted to give her keys back to her - but yet they could have brought down the clicker to her so she could at least sit in her car...
What about the MetClub that was talked about before? Was she lured out with hopes of meeting a band member?

I have wondered if Morgan ticked off her friends by wandering around. They might have found their seats and wanted to see the concert. Not babysit Morgan??? Perhaps they had had it with her and just kind of said "whatever".

What about the MetClub that was talked about before? Was she lured out with hopes of meeting a band member?

I too think both of these are plausible. For some reason I think there was some kind of underlying tension going on with at least one of the friends - don't know on which one's part... I just can't quite put my finger on it.

To me you just don't plan for an event 6 months ahead of time...keep tickets for yourself and friends on the fridge door...take the time to find the 'perfect' outfit...take the time to drive and pick up your friends...then drive the rest of the way to the event...

Only to get up after the first band(s) have played...find yourself outside, locked out...

Friends, who seem to be there on MH's dime (or really her father's dime) stay for the rest of the concert...don't seem to be concerned their friend is locked out... But then seem somewhat concerned as they waited a significant amount of time by the car after the concert... Doesn't make sense as to why they would do this if they 'heard' MH say she would find a ride home.

It seems to me that they fully expected to find MH in or near the car after the concert IMO.

Speculation upon my part, I know, but what also leads me to believe there may have been something going on between these friends (or at least on the part of one of them) is the fact that not one of these friends went to be with MH when found she was locked out.

To me it comes across as well, she got herself locked out...oh well...

We know this one person called MH...but we only have her word as to what was said...no one can even be sure of what MH really said to this girl...and no one can be sure if she heard MH correctly or not because of the noise factor.

At the search now standing in line. There is a wonderful turn out...hundreds of people!! Send warm thoughts and prayers to all of us. Please let something be found to bring her home. I'll keep you posted throughout the day...

Been mostly reading posts on MH and not doing much posting, but just wanted to say that I am leaning toward a possibility that MH was not alone when she was called by her friends that last time and had been told what she "had to" say back to them and seems like she succeeded in making them believe her, that she could find her own way home. I think the part about them waiting around for her was probably them trying to decide what to do if she did not show back up and what to tell DH and GH when they come back with her car, but without her. Also, just struck me and this may have already been discussed, but when she told them she would get a ride, were they expecting to meet back up with her on Sunday so they could all go back to Roanoke or Blacksburg together?

At the search now standing in line. There is a wonderful turn out...hundreds of people!! Send warm thoughts and prayers to all of us. Please let something be found to bring her home. I'll keep you posted throughout the day...

Sending warm thoughts and prayers to all of you! I wish I could be there with you, but work calls!

I too think both of these are plausible. For some reason I think there was some kind of underlying tension going on with at least one of the friends - don't know on which one's part... I just can't quite put my finger on it.

To me you just don't plan for an event 6 months ahead of time...keep tickets for yourself and friends on the fridge door...take the time to find the 'perfect' outfit...take the time to drive and pick up your friends...then drive the rest of the way to the event...

Only to get up after the first band(s) have played...find yourself outside, locked out...

Friends, who seem to be there on MH's dime (or really her father's dime) stay for the rest of the concert...don't seem to be concerned their friend is locked out... But then seem somewhat concerned as they waited a significant amount of time by the car after the concert... Doesn't make sense as to why they would do this if they 'heard' MH say she would find a ride home.

It seems to me that they fully expected to find MH in or near the car after the concert IMO.

Speculation upon my part, I know, but what also leads me to believe there may have been something going on between these friends (or at least on the part of one of them) is the fact that not one of these friends went to be with MH when found she was locked out.

We know this one person called MH...but we only have her word as to what was said...no one can even be sure of what MH really said to this girl...and no one can be sure if she heard MH correctly or not because of the noise factor.

Has any of her friends made themselves publicly known yet? Has any of them asked for her safe return? Has the guy been identified yet? Was there a fight about the guy?
Friends do not act like this.
Why are they hiding their identity?

snipped:

You may be on to something!

This may not be significant at all, but in one TV interview (not sure now which one), DH said that he, Gil and Morgan had been having a wonderful relationship (or words to that effect) for the last six months It's curious -- perhaps just coincidence -- that he had bought the tickets for the concert (for Morgan and her friends, it has been reported) six months prior to the concert.

I wonder if that had been a gesture on his part to help Morgan connect again with some of her old friends whom she might not have seen for a while. And another possibility: her relationships with all the other eight friends might not have thrived all the way through high school, and makes that a possible reason for her transferring out of Northside H. S. for her senior year. Even if the Harringtons moved into another school district, I believe most school districts would allow a junior in good standing to continue on for their senior year if the family wanted their student to stay there.

I continue to wonder about Morgan's experiences at Northside. MOO.

Thoughts and prayers go with the searchers today....

Had Morgan ever seen the opening act bands play before? Did she ever have contact with anyone from either of these bands? Maybe through a previous meet and greet or a smaller venue. Maybe it was prearranged to meet up with someone in one of the opening acts after they were done playing. Where was the loading zone? Did the bands have busses? Were they parked in the RV parking lot? Could she possibly be traveling with the band?

. Even if the Harringtons moved into another school district, I believe most school districts would allow a junior in good standing to continue on for their senior year if the family wanted their student to stay there.

I continue to wonder about Morgan's experiences at Northside. MOO.

Thoughts and prayers go with the searchers today....

I don't think so. Districts get their federal money based on enrollment. In my area the only way that a student would be allowed to attend a district other than their own would be if there was a program (usually special ed) that the student needed that wasn't offered in their home district.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member