Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why the above quote in Mels message was attributed to me? Glitch?

Anyway...

DH & GH could have paid the school system to allow MH to stay at Northside if it turns out that this family moved...which I'm not quite so sure they did.

Maybe the boundary line changed for school districts...I don't know what the answer to that question is...

I find it odd though - even if they did move it wasn't very far - I can't imagine why MH would not have finished out her last year at Northside...

Had Morgan ever seen the opening act bands play before? Did she ever have contact with anyone from either of these bands? Maybe through a previous meet and greet or a smaller venue. Maybe it was prearranged to meet up with someone in one of the opening acts after they were done playing. Where was the loading zone? Did the bands have busses? Were they parked in the RV parking lot? Could she possibly be traveling with the band?

I doubt that she's traveling with the band. Metallica has had contact with her family and has even upped the reward by $50,000.

I did find this tidbit from the Metallica website intersting tho:

"Our French friends Gojira will be joining us, along with Lamb of God, for shows September 14 - October 18, while Lars' brethren from Denmark Volbeat will hanging for the shows October 26 – December 12.

I know she left before Metallica came on but had the other opening acts already been on? Perhaps one of them saw something if they were outside the arena. Especially Gojira since they had only one more tour date with Metallica and MH's disappearance wouldn't have been brought to the band's attention yet?

I'm not sure why the above quote in Mels message was attributed to me? Glitch?

Anyway...

That would be me. . .the Glitch Queen :). I think what happened is when I hit the quote button there were 2 lines, one for you and one for the correct poster and apparently I deleted the wrong one.:doh:

Melissa

snipped:
I too think both of these are plausible. For some reason I think there was some kind of underlying tension going on with at least one of the friends - don't know on which one's part... I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Speculation upon my part, I know, but what also leads me to believe there may have been something going on between these friends (or at least on the part of one of them) is the fact that not one of these friends went to be with MH when found she was locked out.

To me it comes across as well, she got herself locked out...oh well...
You may be on to something!

This may not be significant at all, but in one TV interview (not sure now which one), DH said that he, Gil and Morgan had been having a wonderful relationship (or words to that effect) for the last six months It's curious -- perhaps just coincidence -- that he had bought the tickets for the concert (for Morgan and her friends, it has been reported) six months prior to the concert.

I wonder if that had been a gesture on his part to help Morgan connect again with some of her old friends whom she might not have seen for a while. And another possibility: her relationships with all the other eight friends might not have thrived all the way through high school, and makes that a possible reason for her transferring out of Northside H. S. for her senior year. Even if the Harringtons moved into another school district, I believe most school districts would allow a junior in good standing to continue on for their senior year if the family wanted their student to stay there.

I continue to wonder about Morgan's experiences at Northside. MOO.

Thoughts and prayers go with the searchers today....

FWIW The Harringtons did not move and have lived in their current house atleast since Morgan was a freshman in HS.
And, even though it's not the case, if anyone moves out of the school district or never lived in that school district, they can pay tuition to attend schools in certain districts, including Northside HS.

snipped:
I too think both of these are plausible. For some reason I think there was some kind of underlying tension going on with at least one of the friends - don't know on which one's part... I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Speculation upon my part, I know, but what also leads me to believe there may have been something going on between these friends (or at least on the part of one of them) is the fact that not one of these friends went to be with MH when found she was locked out.

To me it comes across as well, she got herself locked out...oh well...

FWIW The Harringtons did not move and have lived in their current house atleast since Morgan was a freshman in HS.
And, even though it's not the case, if anyone moves out of the school district or never lived in that school district, they can pay tuition to attend schools in certain districts, including Northside HS.

Thank you! I didn't believe they had moved, but there were some who thought they did with the changes in schools. From what I saw on the GIS web-site it appeared that the Harrington's were in the Northside HS district.

Well now...I had a glitch... So Mel...I don't think it was you!

Been mostly reading posts on MH and not doing much posting, but just wanted to say that I am leaning toward a possibility that MH was not alone when she was called by her friends that last time and had been told what she "had to" say back to them and seems like she succeeded in making them believe her, that she could find her own way home. I think the part about them waiting around for her was probably them trying to decide what to do if she did not show back up and what to tell DH and GH when they come back with her car, but without her. Also, just struck me and this may have already been discussed, but when she told them she would get a ride, were they expecting to meet back up with her on Sunday so they could all go back to Roanoke or Blacksburg together?

Perhaps, but since the call was at 8:48 and she was apparently spotted, apparently alone and in no apparent distress, between then and 9:30 I personally discount this theory. (imho.)

I still think we may not have/be getting the entire truth of the call, given loud arena, one person's recall, and so on.

Had Morgan ever seen the opening act bands play before? Did she ever have contact with anyone from either of these bands? Maybe through a previous meet and greet or a smaller venue. Maybe it was prearranged to meet up with someone in one of the opening acts after they were done playing. Where was the loading zone? Did the bands have busses? Were they parked in the RV parking lot? Could she possibly be traveling with the band?

Couple of things. I believe the accuracy of MH's quote from the pre-entry parking lot eyewitness along the lines of "who cares who the opening act is [sic - "acts are"]...we're here to see Metallica, right?" She apparently went to Bonnaroo (and maybe something called Blue Mountain?) this year, but neither Lamb of God nor Gojira played at Bonnaroo from what I can discern.

Still, your other questions seem quite relevant to me, about location of loading zone and busses (especially if the RV lot), and whether she up and went off with a band.

A promise of "you're locked out, and I can get you in to meet Metallica" seems a likely line someone might have tried, as has been speculated before.

There's not much concert footage with audience visible from the next night in Charlotte, but one video of a backstage meet and greet with Metallica and Gojira has a blond girl standing in the doorway in the background the whole time...never very clear, sometimes blocked, no close-ups, and not the same clothes, so probably not MH, but check it out for yourself on YouTube.

From the audio on the backstage video it sounded to me like the lead singer of Gojira (or the whole band) was heading to N.Y.C. after Charlotte, then Europe. Unless they fly on a private jet (I haven't come up with anything on that, though I looked), it's not likely that MH could leave with Gojira without her ID (unless she has other valid identification with her). Getting on a commercial flight, or even Amtrak now, requires ID, and a passport if international. Does she have one and can her parents/roommate locate it? Metallica/Lamb of God were playing Toronto after Charlotte, so the same issues exist about travel and border crossings. I also looked at video from the two nights in Toronto with no obvious sightings, but maybe people who know her could tell differently.

Go here to view the back of JPJ arena:

http://tinyurl.com/yfzmbqn

Remove the "3D installation box" by clicking X. The map I want you to see is below that box--it is a map of the back of JPJ arena. Once there, turn the map using the arrow buttons on the left of the BING map. Note also that there is a label showing where Morgan attempted re-entry to the arena (you might have to click on the "labels" button), and you'll see just how close she was to the back of the arena and the loading docks. There are 3-4 entrances in the back of the arena, as well as a small parking lot. Double-click the map to enlarge it.

I hope this helps someone.

Since LE seem to be convinced the 9:30 sighting on the bridge was her I think that can't be overlooked. And it sounds to me like she probably was alone on the bridge although that's still somewhat unclear.

I'm wondering if LE has any suspects in mind. What does everyone else think about this? We don't know why they searched the area around the Comfort Inn a couple of times. We don't know if they think she went with someone to the Comfort Inn that night or if LE were just willing to go on a bit of a wild goose chase because they really don't have any serious leads.

One more thing...although I doubt he's involved there's one thing I find weird about NK. You can find all kinds of posts or comments by him on the web and none are like the scenario he posted about Morgan being killed. You can even find places where he commented about the need to respect women. He's obviously an odd, lovelorn guy but it's strange that for some reason he felt the need to go off the deep end about Morgan.

From the audio on the backstage video it sounded to me like the lead singer of Gojira (or the whole band) was heading to N.Y.C. after Charlotte, then Europe. Unless they fly on a private jet (I haven't come up with anything on that, though I looked), it's not likely that MH could leave with Gojira without her ID (unless she has other valid identification with her). Getting on a commercial flight, or even Amtrak now, requires ID, and a passport if international. Does she have one and can her parents/roommate locate it? Metallica/Lamb of God were playing Toronto after Charlotte, so the same issues exist about travel and border crossings. I also looked at video from the two nights in Toronto with no obvious sightings, but maybe people who know her could tell differently.

I don't think that she left with any of the bands. I've been to reading through the thread (I think that my brain is becoming mush) and there is some speculation that she might have gone out to smoke and somehow left the smoking area. I can't locate the seating chart for the Metallica concert however there are a few concerts coming up, if they set the stage up in the same area it looks like the smoking area of just off to either side of the stage. I was wondering if it would be possible for her to see the "parking area" for the group trailers and buses. Perhaps trying to get a glimpse of the band could have caused her to wander off from the smoking area.

Melissa

I have no real reason to base this belief on (I believe we have established this is known as speculation), but I've been to my fair share for concerts, and the people who work at the venue and with the musicians in some way are extremely shady. This doesn't apply to EVERYONE who's ever held such a job, but I have actually seen girls being invited backstage or onto the tour bus. Typically, the girls were always very attractive and would accept the invite because heck, how exciting would it turn out to be? People lose common sense in these situations because it's so flattering. Morgan is a very attractive girl, so I could easily see her being treated the same way. It's my opinion that someone working for the venue lured her out of sight of people with a promise to get her back into the arena and/or meet the band, and from there things went very wrong. I really hope she's alive and will be found soon, but I have a sinking feeling that she's no longer with us.

Go here to view the back of JPJ arena:

http://tinyurl.com/yfzmbqn

Remove the "3D installation box" by clicking X. The map I want you to see is below that box--it is a map of the back of JPJ arena. Once there, turn the map using the arrow buttons on the left of the BING map. Note also that there is a label showing where Morgan attempted re-entry to the arena (you might have to click on the "labels" button), and you'll see just how close she was to the back of the arena and the loading docks. There are 3-4 entrances in the back of the arena, as well as a small parking lot. Double-click the map to enlarge it.

I hope this helps someone.

I didn't see the label about where she would have tried to get back in, but I assume it's the area just off the "main" parking area (in front of the multi-story parking garage). I agree that would be close to the back of the arena, where load-in/out probably happens, but it looks like it would be a level lower, not easily walkable (unless cutting through the garage?).

Also, since MH apparently headed the other direction than to the back of JPJ initially after failing to gain re-entry, through UHall parking, over to Lannigan Field/R.V. parking, and then Copeley Bridge, it would have had to be later than 9:30 that someone would have enticed her back there, and she would have had to make it back there, at least, from the bridge.

I have no real reason to base this belief on (I believe we have established this is known as speculation), but I've been to my fair share for concerts, and the people who work at the venue and with the musicians in some way are extremely shady. This doesn't apply to EVERYONE who's ever held such a job, but I have actually seen girls being invited backstage or onto the tour bus. Typically, the girls were always very attractive and would accept the invite because heck, how exciting would it turn out to be? People lose common sense in these situations because it's so flattering. Morgan is a very attractive girl, so I could easily see her being treated the same way. It's my opinion that someone working for the venue lured her out of sight of people with a promise to get her back into the arena and/or meet the band, and from there things went very wrong. I really hope she's alive and will be found soon, but I have a sinking feeling that she's no longer with us.

Not all people who work with musicians are shady. I have a friend who is good friends with a metal band from Sweden. She also chills with them, never slept with any of them. They completely respect her. A lot of their sound guys are extremely busy setting up and have to be on point during the whole performance. As for the stage hands, not sure about them completely. Although i do agree, a lot of girls will give it up for band members they call them starf***ers or groupies.

Morgan was seen walking away from the arena.

Who is this young man she last texted and why hasn't his name been released?

Been mostly reading posts on MH and not doing much posting, but just wanted to say that I am leaning toward a possibility that MH was not alone when she was called by her friends that last time and had been told what she "had to" say back to them and seems like she succeeded in making them believe her, that she could find her own way home. I think the part about them waiting around for her was probably them trying to decide what to do if she did not show back up and what to tell DH and GH when they come back with her car, but without her. Also, just struck me and this may have already been discussed, but when she told them she would get a ride, were they expecting to meet back up with her on Sunday so they could all go back to Roanoke or Blacksburg together?

This is a good thought. Especially with the noise level and possibility of intoxication of her friends they wouldn't be about to tell if she was under duress or not.

Random note:
Did MH announce on her myspace and facebooks that she was going to this concert?
If she had any online stalkers then they would be privy to that info and know where to find her.

I think either one of two things happened:

Someone she either knew (or she didn't know was stalking her online) got to her
or
She was someone's victim of "oppurtunity" as he saw her walking alone

This is a good thought. Especially with the noise level and possibility of intoxication of her friends they wouldn't be about to tell if she was under duress or not.

Random note:
Did MH announce on her myspace and facebooks that she was going to this concert?
If she had any online stalkers then they would be privy to that info and know where to find her.

I think either one of two things happened:

Someone she either knew (or she didn't know was stalking her online) got to her
or
She was someone's victim of "oppurtunity" as he saw her walking alone

Hi MeoW333, she did announce it on the ilike music app of FB, you can still see her pic up there as registered for the concert.

I think a big key to this is her state when on the bridge or especially in the overflow parking lot.

Did she seem distressed? Was she seemingly waiting and expecting someone, or was she lost and staring into space? Was she intoxicated? What did she say to the people? What was the "limited interaction"? or Was she just walking on through it looking like she knew where she was going? LE must have answers to some of these questions.

Hi MeoW333, she did announce it on the ilike music app of FB, you can still see her pic up there as registered for the concert.

I think a big key to this is her state when on the bridge or especially in the overflow parking lot.

Did she seem distressed? Was she seemingly waiting and expecting someone, or was she lost and staring into space? Was she intoxicated? What did she say to the people? What was the "limited interaction"? or Was she just walking on through it looking like she knew where she was going? LE must have answers to some of these questions.

Waddles, thank you for the reply. Her announcing could have let anyone who could see her profiles know.. =(

I'm not sure what they mean by limited interaction, maybe they just mean she didn't talk to many people at all?

I wish we knew who that young man she last texted was..

Just checking in here. Still no Morgan. I feel like we're kind of going around in circles trying to figure out who's car was at the arena (Morgan's), why her friends were so nonchalant about her getting locked out, and why she left in the first place. I believe, like LE says, that what is important is what happened after she got locked out, and after the last sightings of her at 9:30pm-ish. (Although how she got locked out, her friends' behavior, etc, IS certainly curious.)

I'm really starting to doubt that Morgan was abducted. I think it unlikely a fellow concert-goer decided to kidnap a young girl that night; I also think it too much of a coincidence that she just happened to run into a drifting serial killer or sex offender. And, there is no evidence of a hit and run, and it seems there would be if that's what had happened. So where does that leave us? We have a clearly intoxicated/drugged young lady, most likely more intoxicated/drugged than she was used to being, who most likely met up with some people around her own age who were partying. She most likely joined them in the partying/drinking/drug taking, and she either overdosed or had a bad reaction to a drug, or died of alcohol poisoning. If she was already drunk or intoxicated, maybe she did a line of heroin which she had never done before and overdosed; maybe someone offered to shoot her up with cocaine, and she overdosed. Maybe she took Oxycontin. Who knows? The possibilities are endless. The young people probably panicked, and drove her body somewhere far away and hidden, and later one of them dropped the purse back off at the parking lot either to make it look like an abduction, or just simply to get rid of it.

I'm still hoping Morgan is alive, but from what I know so far I currently think the above is the simplest and most plausible explanation.. JMO, of course, and it could change - I hope it does! - if new evidence is found.

We are done with our search. We were searching for jewelry, a camera (no make or model), a cell phone battery (no make or model) and her clothes. We didn't have any luck. Hopefully, another group did. They are searching a three mile radius this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro