Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I guess it could be the DS girl again and those guys she was with in front of the stage... Maybe they were going to a party or coming from a party...

true, we were wondering if that was why LE discounted it, particulalry as DS said "they left" in her statement after meeting up at the end of the concert with MH's friends, and not "we left".
Of note too is that DS said the girls had told them "one of our party is missing" but she said she'd get a ride back.

For the searchers this weekend:

Found out on FB Walmart donated two truck loads of water and Dominos sent out a couple hundred pizzas!

how cool is that!

There were also bagels and Dunkin Doughnuts. Just want make all companies get recognized. Those are the places we want to shop at!! :)

and UVA supplied shuttle buses.

mblover
"Yes it was definitely MH's car driven by one of MH's friend to the JPJ and then MH's car was then driven back to Harrisonburg where it supposedly stayed for the night... Then supposedly the roommate of MH at VT drove MH's car back to Roanoke to the Harrington's at some point in time on Sunday."

waddles
"Thanks. Yes it wasn't exactly a question-I added the "right?" bit to illustrate this whole confusion and doubt from the start"

mblover
"Right - I just wanted to clear it up for the person who originally posted something that had you post what you did"

:poke:1)?=question

:laugh::dance:2)"Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke."
"Then supposedly the roommate of MH at VT drove MH's car back to Roanoke to the Harrington's at some point in time on Sunday."

This does not mean the same thing.
:clap::applause::takeabow:

There were also bagels and Dunkin Doughnuts. Just want make all companies get recognized. Those are the places we want to shop at!! :)

Excellent news! this is all really amazing, the show of this community getting together. It's just as Gil says, good will prevail

snipped

"Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke."
"Then supposedly the roommate of MH at VT drove MH's car back to Roanoke to the Harrington's at some point in time on Sunday."

This does not mean the same thing.
:clap::applause::takeabow:

Yes, but he was mistaken. It's only the bolded part which is true.

For the searchers this weekend:

Found out on FB Walmart donated two truck loads of water and Dominos sent out a couple hundred pizzas!

how cool is that!

:clap: You're right SAM and waddles. These wonderful businesses really stay involved in what's happening in and around their communities and should be commended. :angel: Bravo and blessings to ALL who participated in ways both large and small.

Ooooooh loveable Lewie is a gorgeous little detective!

I don't mean to belabor the point but I've still been thinking about NK. He fantasized that she got in the car with a guy (him?), talked for over an hour, got something to eat/coffee and then went to an ice cream place. If the last sighting of Morgan was at 9:30 then that would mean the ice cream place would have to have closed at 11 at the earliest and even that might be too soon for his timeline. There is a place, Arch's Frozen Yogurt, about a 1/4 mile west on Ivy Road from where Morgan was last seen that stays open until 11 on Saturdays.

Again, I'm still very doubtful that NK had anything to do with this but I'm still interested in sleuthing him. It's also kind of weird that his scenario ended before the killer disposed of her body. You'd think he would tell the whole story if he were just hypothesizing but who really knows how a guy like that's mind works.

OK, let's try this one more time. I have been interested in the BACK of JPJ arena because I knew there would be many entryways back there. And sure enough, there are.

1. the door at which MH found herself OUTSIDE of the arena is between the last and next to last columns on the right at the back of JPJ. Isn't that odd? All this time I thought MH was locked out toward the FRONT of the arena, not to the BACK.

2. there are at least 4 entrances to the back of JPJ, very close to where she stood.

3. at the far side of the parking lot, facing the 4 doors, and a short walk through grass is--yep--Copeley Road.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...&scene=30046059&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

It would have been so easy for someone to say "Follow me, here's a way to get in the arena without a ticket back here." And since everyone was already inside the arena enjoying the concert, Morgan might have innocently followed. After that? Anyone's guess.

YouTube- Metallica Backstage With Gojira [Charlotte October 18, 2009]

I am sorry I cannot post who put this video on our boards but I had to have a look.
I about dropped my willies.

The girl is blonde, dressed in black, seems to have that square face that MH has and the kicker is when I was watching I think I saw that darn gold necklace with the three circles they talked about at the search.

Has anybody else looked..I hope LE looks at this one. Ok it was posting # 648 by Part Time Professor.

Somebody should at least look closer at this video...good find Prof.

Ok my latest theory. I posted earlier that I didn't think Morgan would chose the concert to check in, leave her seat and leave to meet somebody. But..I do see her meeting a member of one of those bands. What if she had been emailing one of them. What if they promised a meet and greet. That would get her outside. Once out there she might have realized it was a big mistake or they might not have showed up when she expected them.

It is really eerie seeing that MH look alike in that video..the very next night.

YouTube- Metallica Backstage With Gojira [Charlotte October 18, 2009]

I am sorry I cannot post who put this video on our boards but I had to have a look.
I about dropped my willies.

The girl is blonde, dressed in black, seems to have that square face that MH has and the kicker is when I was watching I think I saw that darn gold necklace with the three circles they talked about at the search.

Has anybody else looked..I hope LE looks at this one. Ok it was posting # 648 by Part Time Professor.

Somebody should at least look closer at this video...good find Prof.

I don't think she looks like Morgan, she has a wider face. Also, the Metallica guys were familiar with her. You could see the bass player and drummer hug her near the end of the video. Considering how tuned in to the search for Morgan they have been they would have said something if this girl were her.

It is really eerie seeing that MH look alike in that video..the very next night.

Honeybun, it IS eerie to see an MH lookalike (very!), but I've looked at this video again and again, and I really don't think it's her. Take a look at 2:53 to 2:60. At 2:54 she's the closest she gets, and here the person looks older than 20 (late 20's I'd say); different texture hair (not at all flyaway, as MH's is in photos) that is shorter than MH's; is wearing, what?, brown low boots/shoes; is not wearing a Pantera shirt; is sporting a long necklace (did MH wear a necklace to the concert? I don't remember--but then again we haven't see any photos of what she looked like that night, etc.

In addition she behaved very comfortable in this environment, as if she knew everyone there. She hugged on of them at the door. She'd move within inches of them at times. She never behaved as if she didn't belong there--nor was she overwhelmed by their fame. I'd guess she was wife/girlfriend of one of the band or road crew.

I just don't think it's her. I want it to be her. I wish it were her. But I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong.

You mentioned a necklace you saw at the search? Was it like the one this lookalike is wearing?

OK, let's try this one more time. I have been interested in the BACK of JPJ arena because I knew there would be many entryways back there. And sure enough, there are.

1. the door at which MH found herself OUTSIDE of the arena is between the last and next to last columns on the right at the back of JPJ. Isn't that odd? All this time I thought MH was locked out toward the FRONT of the arena, not to the BACK.

2. there are at least 4 entrances to the back of JPJ, very close to where she stood.

3. at the far side of the parking lot, facing the 4 doors, and a short walk through grass is--yep--Copeley Road.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...&scene=30046059&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

It would have been so easy for someone to say "Follow me, here's a way to get in the arena without a ticket back here." And since everyone was already inside the arena enjoying the concert, Morgan might have innocently followed. After that? Anyone's guess.

Thanks for the picture/link to map.

Yes, the appeal of a backstage visit with Metallica has always seemed plausible as a perceived solution to being inadvertently barred re-entry.

But how did you determine which door she found herself outside of? I missed that. I agree the backstage area is close, but it looks to be at a significantly lower elevation, and I didn't see an easy way (e.g., stairs) down. Maybe there are. But if she were led...

Also, it would have had to have been after 9:30 (which it well could have been) and she would have had to return to this area from Copeley Bridge if the official time-line and sightings are accurate and no others have surfaced. And the grandmother's testimony of an argument/minor assault in the parking lot with someone it looked like MH knew could have been after she returned to meet him, then thought better of it and tried to get out of the situation. Again, just speculation, but what time was grandma's supposed (and supposedly discredited by LE) sighting?

Honeybun, it IS eerie to see an MH lookalike (very!), but I've looked at this video again and again, and I really don't think it's her. Take a look at 2:53 to 2:60. At 2:54 she's the closest she gets, and here the person looks older than 20 (late 20's I'd say); different texture hair (not at all flyaway, as MH's is in photos) that is shorter than MH's; is wearing, what?, brown low boots/shoes; is not wearing a Pantera shirt; is sporting a long necklace (did MH wear a necklace to the concert? I don't remember--but then again we haven't see any photos of what she looked like that night, etc.

In addition she behaved very comfortable in this environment, as if she knew everyone there. She hugged on of them at the door. She'd move within inches of them at times. She never behaved as if she didn't belong there--nor was she overwhelmed by their fame. I'd guess she was wife/girlfriend of one of the band or road crew.

I just don't think it's her. I want it to be her. I wish it were her. But I don't think so. I hope I'm wrong.

You mentioned a necklace you saw at the search? Was it like the one this lookalike is wearing?

Yeah, when I first saw it my heart raced, too, but I hesitated even to mention it here because I just didn't see the similarities (partly because I never saw her clearly and don't know MH). She could have changed clothes, sure, but the other stuff you mention makes it unlikely it was her. Still, I was pleased I found it when searching about Gojira.

As for the necklace, it's one of the few details that has "leaked" from the intensive ground search the last two days...searchers were asked to be alert for a "unique necklace" that was later abstractly described as being a gold chain of 3 loops (iirc and am using the right jewelry terminology). Apparently, other items of jewelry she may have been or was wearing were also mentioned to searchers.

But, searchers were also apparently cautioned to be close-lipped about this, thus my selective use of the word "leaked," and I think that makes good sense. It is (perhaps slimly) possible that if foul play occurred, this forum is being followed by the criminal(s), and imho considerably more likely (maybe still slim) that the FB one is. FWIW.

Thanks for the picture/link to map.

Yes, the appeal of a backstage visit with Metallica has always seemed plausible as a perceived solution to being inadvertently barred re-entry.

But how did you determine which door she found herself outside of? I missed that. I agree the backstage area is close, but it looks to be at a significantly lower elevation, and I didn't see an easy way (e.g., stairs) down. Maybe there are. But if she were led...

Also, it would have had to have been after 9:30 (which it well could have been) and she would have had to return to this area from Copeley Bridge if the official time-line and sightings are accurate and no others have surfaced. And the grandmother's testimony of an argument/minor assault in the parking lot with someone it looked like MH knew could have been after she returned to meet him, then thought better of it and tried to get out of the situation. Again, just speculation, but what time was grandma's supposed (and supposedly discredited by LE) sighting?

Ooops, forgot to mention how I knew which door she was at ... sorry.

On one of the Bing maps, a list of 4-5 images will show up on the left. Chose the ones under Results found by other people. The first map under that heading has numbered labels addressing what's where at the arena, and #3 says that's where Morgan was locked out. It is between the last and next-to-last columns on the right side of the arena. That's not my user map--someone else put it together, and it appears that it's someone familiar with the case (see the other numbered labels they've created).

I do think it's strange that the door Morgan stood by was the last door before the very back of the arena, where crew and band members (and I supposed arena staff) enter.

Since Copeley Road is directly behind the arena's back doors (a short walk), it would have taken MH just minute or so to get to it. As for "grandma's" sighting, weren't there two grandmas? :) The newspaper lady says she saw MH at about 3:30 am. The other one, who was with her grandson(s), claims to have seem MH much early, but I don't remember the exact time. 10ish?

Confusion reigns! :)

If you go here:

http://tinyurl.com/yfzmbqn

You should see the boxes on the left as well as the Results found by other people. Note # 3 and other numbers on the first or second map. Be sure to turn the map to the back of the arena to see the #3 I am talking about.

ETA: P.S. Never mind--it's so aggravating. #3 moves as the image moves per map. Front view, it's in one place; back view, it's in another.

Yeah, when I first saw it my heart raced, too, but I hesitated even to mention it here because I just didn't see the similarities (partly because I never saw her clearly and don't know MH). She could have changed clothes, sure, but the other stuff you mention makes it unlikely it was her. Still, I was pleased I found it when searching about Gojira.

As for the necklace, it's one of the few details that has "leaked" from the intensive ground search the last two days...searchers were asked to be alert for a "unique necklace" that was later abstractly described as being a gold chain of 3 loops (iirc and am using the right jewelry terminology). Apparently, other items of jewelry she may have been or was wearing were also mentioned to searchers.

But, searchers were also apparently cautioned to be close-lipped about this, thus my selective use of the word "leaked," and I think that makes good sense. It is (perhaps slimly) possible that if foul play occurred, this forum is being followed by the criminal(s), and imho considerably more likely (maybe still slim) that the FB one is. FWIW.

Thank you sooooo much Prof. I have spent the last half hour reading piece after piece and nowhere could I find the necklace talked about. I thought perhaps I was going crazy with this case.

Prof if you got to Facebook and put in Morgan Dana Harrington you will get the web page. At the top there is a place that says photos. Click on that and you will see her clearly.

See the Video just posted, the girl near the stage, other eyewitnesses that were wrong. All proves that there are plenty of girls that look like Morgan at these concerts. None of the eyewitness statements can considered a slam dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required