Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I’ve been reading these boards for awhile and have registered so I can participate! This is my first post so I hope I’m doing this right!

I can’t get this case off of my mind, it’s just so sad. What is creepy is the lack of any trace of Morgan. I think that might be the worst is just not having anything….

Here is what I honestly think happened:

I think Morgan went to the concert and was impaired in some way, causing her to fall (previous posts speak of a witness seeing her fall , and not respond when asked if she was ok. Sorry I can’t find the exact link to this claim but I see it was discussed quite a bit on these boards.) I think this is where the scratch may have occurred. (The scratch/bruise that police have so far stated they did not feel was a great concern.)

I think Morgan went outside to get some air and could not get back in due to the “no re-entry” policy. She called her friends to let them know she could not get back in and would find a way home.

I think she then either encountered someone who said they had a spare ticket (“It’s in my car let’s go get it…”) or headed off to a bank machine or coffee house to get warm and was forced into a car. This would be when she dropped her purse.

I think she herself may have dropped the phone (witnesses reported seeing her drop her purse several times) and lost the battery. (It was dark, she was likely upset at being locked out of the show). LE stated previously it was not unusual for the battery to come out of the phone. We just don’t know if Morgan took it out regularly, or if it often fell out on its own.

In regards to the sightings on the bridge, etc. I wonder if these witnesses saw Morgan, or someone who looked like her. I know, if I had been at the show and I even THOUGHT there was a possibility I saw her that night, I’d let LA know. But can they say for certain it was her? Or just a pretty blonde girl wearing black? We don’t really know, do we…. :(

I truly think she was forced in a car and this is why there is no trace of her so far...

Hello everyone

It has come to my attention by private message that I upset people by posting what I did above and that I am responsible for veering the following conversations in the wrong direction on here and I am very sorry and deeply regret not being more careful with my wording, as I feel my message may have been misunderstood. I would like to stress, and I very much hope you will all understand, that my intention was never in any way to criticize MH's life or imply that it was factual that she was not innocent etc IN ANY WAY. I don't think the victim is ever to blame -ever. MH was suppsoed to be somewhere safe, she should have been safe and protected no matter what. I meant to say honestly that I was distraught at how attitudes to victims can be problematic, and these people who think these things are everywhere in society, including even in the FBI. I was saying by posting this that I was dismayed people would even think that way and I really sincerely hope attitudes had in no way slowed anything down from the very start of the investigation. Once again I am so sorry for upsetting people. When I wrote "Isn't that awful?" I meant isn't it tragic how people's perceptions get in the way. MH is a good and kind daughter and friend and I am ashamed I have sent the wrong message here. I am going to take a complete break from this thread and want to thank all of you here who make WS so wonderful and who have worked so hard out there on the field in the search or on here trying to piece together what could have happened and to try to help in an intelligent and informed way. Someone said here how WS is a family and a place to go for informed discussion and I do and have always felt very welcome here, I'll be back soon :)

Hi Waddles, I'm new here, but I've been reading the posts and I didn't take what you were saying to be offensive at all. I am glad that you shared a possible "insider's" view. Especially as we just seem to have no answers!

Somthing to ponder...

IF Morgan did fall and hit her head, even if the only injury was a small cut on her face, it is still very possible that she did hit hard enough to have some sort of Closed Head Injury (CHI).

Remember Natasha Richardson? She fell and hit her head in what was seemingly at the time dubbed as a "minor fall"... She ended up having a massive bleed in her brain and died.

This could account for ALL of the reports about her behavior- The leaving because she was feeling sick, the apparent mood shift outside the arena after being left out, the wandering around the parking lot and over towards the bridge, the dropping of her purse, the comment about "finding a ride home" statemnt to her friends when no one is 100% positive she knew anyone in C'ville that well, even to the taking of the battery out of the phone (people do and say some off the wall things with a CHI).

If, as a previous poster stated, there are large trash bins and dumpsters, is it possible she somehow fell into one (I know its probably a long shot, but who knows)?

It could also be that someone saw her, noticed she was off kilter, offered her a ride, and then used the opportunity to harm her.

Just thinking out loud and outside the box.

Hi Waddles, I'm new here, but I've been reading the posts and I didn't take what you were saying to be offensive at all. I am glad that you shared a possible "insider's" view. Especially as we just seem to have no answers!

Thank you Javabean, for your kind words. And a huge big warm welcome to WS from all of us. Great first post!

:blowkiss::Welcome-12-june::wave:

Waddles, I understood completely where you were coming from when you posted the remarks about MH's behavior that had been passed on to you and in no way blamed you for anything. You shared what you had heard. Isn't that what we do all the time?

If you must go, hurry back. I always look forward to your usual well-informed, straight-thinking, no-nonsense posts. And when you wrote "I'll be back soon." I hope you meant for the word soon to be the most important word in that sentence.

Thank you truthsleuth, your words are always wise and comforting. I will be back soon I promise! I'm going to be away from my computer for a few days anyway as I'll be out of town so I'll be back Thursday.

Please PM me people if there are any big breaks over the next few days!

:wave:

Wow, I wonder if LE has checked out the sighting of Morgan on the day after the concert by the woman at the Sheetz convenience store in Orange. Like another poster mentioned, the woman's description of Morgan's attire and why she noticed the Pantera shirt does sound kind of authentic. Not giving up just yet. Maybe Morgan met someone after leaving the arena and did just decide to run away with him/her. Maybe the pressures of her life were getting to her, and she decided this was a way out. I know at this point it would be a miracle if true but wouldn't it be wonderful? She strikes me as being a 'free-spirit' type, and maybe she was tired of having to live up to her parents' standards, etc. Who knows? Anyway, if this tip is for real there should be surveillance video at the store to confirm or refute it. Don't all chain convenience stores have surveillance video these days? I remember after Shasta Groene was kidnapped they found video of her at a convenience store in Idaho with the child molester who took her.

waddles, i did not take what you said as wrong at all. i thought it was a good fact to consider.

i have to disagree with magic-cat a few post up. i dont think her family is trying to cover anything up to avoid embarassment. I also think LE has nothing to do with the attention she is getting.her family is affluent but i dont believe its their money that has gotten attention to this case. its there demanding their daughter be found. how do you explain the attention for missing haleigh.

***and about the descriptive sighting. that was the thinking i had before the caylee case. i just knew the lady from the airplane was telling the truth, i mean she had such details, like saying words a certain way. lol.
wonder what she has to say now.

-someone else did drive her car there. someone a few post up asked about this, and thank you for pointing that out. she was obviously intoxicated prior to arriving.

-someone posted above about her medications. i had not heard anything about this, but it brings up a good issue. many ssri/antipsychotics/etc...can cause extreme problems if even one dose is missed. you have experienced withdrawal from a med in any of these categories you may understand how extreme that can be. i have even thought cases where people have had children, etc commit suicide or acts of violence, then claim it was related to starting one of these meds, may have overlooked the fact that the actions were actually caused by withdrawal from the medication. many of the medications have differant half lives in differant people.

i would like to hear more people come forward discussing seeing the friends at the concert. did they stay the whole time? look like they were having fun? look intoxicated?

. When I wrote "Isn't that awful?" I meant isn't it tragic how people's perceptions get in the way.

That's exactly how I read your message, Waddles! No appology necessary for me ... I knew just what you were saying and it was a better-than-excellent point and post!
:grouphug:

Did anyone notice this comment on the topix board? http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wtvr/T9798NSRS9833NFUQ

I am a mailman in Harrisonburg,Va and there is a person on my route that seems to "click" to this profile. He has gone away for several weeks at a time and then comes back, duiring the time frame that Ms Morgan was missing. As I write this he has told me that he is going away again for an extended period of time. He is giving me a "heads up " as to his being gone and for me to take care of his mail.
By "click" to this profile, I guess he means the person has been following the case closely and commenting about it.

:newbie:Welcome Javabean:

So good to have people join us here at WS.

ok...the post about the mailman just made me think of a weird possibility. what if what if morgan was involved with an older man (possibly even married). it has been stated that she was very close to her dad and maybe she was vulnerable to a "more mature" man's advances. ew, i know, but that would also help explain her friends actions a little better. let's say this is so, then as kids who date in their own age group, they may have been disapproving of morgan's relationship and maybe even angry with her. it seems to me that there must have been a plan for morgan to meet someone because the group had possession of the car keys. maybe morgan told them she was meeting someone else and the group found out it was this older person they did not approve of. i could envison this and it would account for the parent statements that she did not date. she could have been having a secret affair for the time period that shows her losing weight, etc. because it would obviously be a psychological burden to keep secrets from her religious family. i dunno...i'm just thinking out loud. ummm...and a married community man would have a vested interest in this not becoming public knowledge. so if the friends thought morgan was meeting an adult (even a gross one), they might have been more inclined to not follow up on her whereabouts because they ultimately disapproved. maybe someone was gonna make it public. maybe morgan fought with her friends about just that. i dunno i dunno, but weirder things have happened

ew...or maybe it was a teacher from the highschool she left before her senior year.

Did anyone notice this comment on the topix board? http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wtvr/T9798NSRS9833NFUQ

By "click" to this profile, I guess he means the person has been following the case closely and commenting about it.

I think the Harrisonburg mail delivery person's statement '"click" to this profile' means more "fits the profile of someone acting mysteriously, gone for days at a time," than someone who is actively following and talking about the case, fwiw.

Ummm I don't know if randomly speculating about teachers is productive... there's been no mention of that whatsoever and it seems to have just materialized out of thin air and could lead down to a road in violation of TOS.

The possible head injury is something I hadn't considered fully.... if she was that disoriented she could be so confused she doesn't know who she is.... which could provide some hope... or could have made her VERY vulnerable to people.

I still have my hinky reader up though about the friends' account. Either something is being withheld on LE's orders or there is still a piece of the puzzle untold.

not saying anything specific...just speculating because of the questions about hs transfer. it is out of my head and just posits a theory. i think that's ok on here bc we are all trying to think of anything that might help and obviously working theories are not producing. don't think this is any different than people speculating that morgan does drugs without proof. there is no wish on my part to denigrate any group of people. stuff happens

not saying anything specific...just speculating because of the questions about hs transfer. it is out of my head and just posits a theory. i think that's ok on here bc we are all trying to think of anything that might help and obviously working theories are not producing. don't think this is any different than people speculating that morgan does drugs without proof. there is no wish on my part to denigrate any group of people. stuff happens

I agree krazy... There's a reason MH transfered high schools and I believe your speculation is plausible.

MH didn't leave Northside to better her education at Lord Botetourt. MH didn't stay within the Roanoke Co. school system - she left the system entirely and went to another county - Botetourt.

Her senior year - to boot. Just how many kids up and decide that after going to one school to transfer in their senior year? You just don't up and leave the school you've known and grown accustomed to and the friendships you've made just because.

There's a reason for the transfer and it could be one of many things, but IMHO it was a "forced" transfer to remove her from something.

Unfortunately though sometimes speculations get picked up and repeated as more than speculations....

As for the drugs... I agree there is no proof that she does drugs, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have been drugged without her knowledge....

But a thread from topix leading to a man being out of town which leads to her being close to her father... so maybe there's an older man in the picture.. maybe a teacher... is a little bit of a stretch in the context of following evidence, at least in my opinion.

i just have this weird feeling she's alive and left on her own...i dont know why, i just dont feel she was kidnapped
i mean, there is a huge possibility she could be deceased (of course) and if so, i think it was due to her 'fall' and not by the hands of another
this whole situation is just bizarre

SecretagentMom....I can't get your post out of my head. Your words rang true with such magnitude.

This could be my daughter, your daughter, anybody's daughter. My own children tested us to the limits and through the college years, sent us to hell and back. Learning things "after the fact" as they graduated and went out in the world, literally made me shake in my shoes. It's by the grace of God they weren't killed, overdosed, etc. My main point is, no matter what they did, they remained my babies and my love never wavered. I was/will forever love and respect who and what they are. Most kids in today's world are having a hard time finding their place in this world. Most kids experiment in some capacity. Most kids keep a part of their life a secret from parents.

Beneath the surface, Morgan is just like my own children.....so full of life, so full of love and compassion, and most importantly an extradordinary human being. My heart weeps as I type this as I empathize with her parents on so many levels. I pray to God they find her soon. Against all odds, I pray she is somewhere alive. I also pray each of us here can look into our hearts and see our own children and thank God we still have them.

God bless Morgan.............May she soon be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl