Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is weird because,she still has the spring semester, but maybe she's graduating in december. I was thinking maybe she is scared to stay alone considering no one knows what really happened to morgan. I know I would be a little freaked.

Yeah, it is weird because,she still has the spring semester, but maybe she's graduating in december. I was thinking maybe she is scared to stay alone considering no one knows what really happened to morgan. I know I would be a little freaked.
I posted my reply to kikid the same time you posted this post. lol
Thinking about it I would be freaked too and feel extreme sadness there.

That story is so incredibly sad.

What are everyone’s thoughts on Amy moving out? Wouldn’t it have been at least a year lease?

The Harringtons are also keeping Morgan’s Blacksburg apartment, 35 minutes away, although they say her roommate, Amy Melvin, has moved out.
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...he-harringtons-face-christmas-without-morgan/

Maybe it was Morgan's lease only? I think that it is weird she moved out so quickly after Morgan's disappearance (what if she was found alive?) but on the other hand maybe she couldn't stand being there due to the daily reminder of what happened....

So many unanswered questions, like why the friend drove the car and kept the keys but didn't bat an eyelash about leaving that parking lot without their absent friend. When she called to say she was locked out, couldn't one of the gang step up and ask security to meet her at the door and give her the keys so she at least had a place to sit out of the weather? These kids were so self-absorbed and sound like it continues with their variety of story telling.

Where would she hitch a ride to? The friend's apartment? Certainly not Blacksburg. For someone so grounded and smart she doesn't sound like she was thinking straight that night.

Has the preacher that lives with her parents had anything more to say? That's just an odd situation in itself.

Has anyone been to that arena to see what signage or notices are posted above the exits that clearly state there will be no readmittance? I am wondering how she missed that fact and actually, weren't there security at those doors that might have said "if you leave you are out"?

Yes but remember that it was mentioned that the boyfriend just dropped them off and took the car? Then there was no car for Morgan to go to.

Yes but remember that it was mentioned that the boyfriend just dropped them off and took the car? Then there was no car for Morgan to go to.

That was just speculation that the 'mystery guy' (bf of a friend) took the car.

If it was my daughter,I would definitely want her to move out.Noone knows for sure if this was a random abduction,her just leaving or someone she knew.But,also,some of the things that have been floating around about Morgan's lifestyle,who would know more of what all is going on than her roommate?At this point,most of what we've heard isn't verified,so I'm not going to say anymore.It wouldn't be fair to the roommate.

if The Harrington's were continuing to pay for Morgan's share, why move out??? it is odd IMO.

No I'd say it is normal, even in the best scenario there is no way Morgan is gonna just hop back into her life, her roommate must be freaked the F out, I'd move out too, too much uncertainty, creepiness, I'd hate to be in her shoes.

Javabean, in your post #569 you indicated that Morgan had called her father to say she had arived safely at the concert. Actually, Morgan called her father when she arrived safely in Harrisonburg, where she was joined by friends who attend James Madison University for the next leg of the trip -- to the JPJ Arena. The last call Dr. Harrington had from Morgan was the one from Harrisonburg.

Hi Track! That's actually the timeline from the reporter's story, I just kind of glanced throuh it and though it would be handy to post. (Good eyes, btw!! Thanks for pointing that out.)

No I'd say it is normal, even in the best scenario there is no way Morgan is gonna just hop back into her life, her roommate must be freaked the F out, I'd move out too, too much uncertainty, creepiness, I'd hate to be in her shoes.

At the very least, I'd be too heartbroken to stay I think....

There are some really interesting things in that article...

But both Gil and Dan are adamant that Morgan’s friends should not be vilified, with Dan likening Morgan’s case to the “wrong leg being amputated in the ER.” Many factors, many mistakes by different people, he says, led to one devastating outcome.

Dan and Gil say they remain mystified by what could have happened to their daughter and by descriptions of her behavior, which reportedly included falling and injuring her face, kicking someone outside the Arena, and— in a new detail that Geller now confirms— repeatedly dropping her purse.

That last detail may help explain why various of Morgan’s belongings were found in a separate location near the place where the purse was discovered in the RV lot. “It was like they’d spilled out,” says Geller, maintaining that the intact purse showed no evidence of struggle.

RV lot,Wow,if she was put in a RV by someone,noone would have seen her in a vehicle.But,from the sounds of falling,dropping purse a number of times and kicking someone,sounds like she was wasted,either drinking or drugs.

They reminisce about this past summer, when Morgan suddenly seemed more adult than child.
“We call it the ‘miracle summer,’” says Gil, explaining the name doesn’t imply that there were problems before— only that Morgan had, after years as a friend-obsessed teenager.

So,until this summer,she spent most of her time with friends and from how they sound,immature.Which goes to the scenario of leaving with friends and not behaving as an adult,would she just run away like a teenager would?

Gil is looking ahead to a long-planned journey she’ll take this spring to Africa with the nonprofit Orphan Medical Network International, a group bringing medical supplies to impoverished villages. It’s her sixth such trip.

Her parents are involved in the community,her father a psychiatrist in the college and mother involved in things like this,maybe Morgan felt she couldn't live up to thier high standards.Maybe she was expected to and wasn't ready,wanted to be free.I hope this is the case.

“Morgan,” says her father, choking up, “had not fulfilled her potential yet. It’s such a waste.”

Could somebody kindly post this letter on these boards? I'm having a problen opening any PDF files, grrrrr!

Daniel Harrington

Dad,
I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed getting closer to you over the past year.Whether it is gained by watching crap tv together or giving me pep-talks when I was having difficulties during the end of my second semester,either way both have impacted me.Working more closely with your peers has also opened my eyes to how respected you are in this community and I'm proud to be your daughter.
Love you always,2410K -> Morgan

That is either 2410K or Z410K

It is written like a teen would write a letter to someone,designed like teens decorate thier notebooks and such.

morgan.jpg
[/IMG]

Daniel Harrington

Dad,
I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed getting closer to you over the past year.Whether it is gained by watching crap tv together or giving me pep-talks when I was having difficulties during the end of my second semester,either way both have impacted me.Working more closely with your peers has also opened my eyes to how respected you are in this community and I'm proud to be your daughter.
Love you always,2410K -> Morgan

That is either 2410K or Z410K

It is written like a teen would write a letter to someone,designed like teens decorate thier notebooks and such.

Awww... that was sweet... thanks Winterrose!

2410K or Z410K,I wonder what that means.

241 is code for their family motto which goes something like this: " I love you 2 much 4ever and 1 more time" (hmm that's not verbatim but its close.) And "OK" probably equals "okay"

Melissa

Parents generally make a mistake when they are too encouraging about these music events. Reasonably, they might say "It's okay to go, but please be very careful." They should avoid endorsing the kind of attitudes sent out by the music. Even the relatively harmless Beatles used to sing about "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
Lucy in the sky with Diamonds was about a picture that John Lennon's son drew of his best friend, Lucy. He was very young & showed it to his dad. His dad asked what it was & he said "It's Lucy in the sky with diamonds." Had nothing to do with drugs.

Lucy in the sky with Diamonds was about a picture that John Lennon's son drew of his best friend, Lucy. He was very young & showed it to his dad. His dad asked what it was & he said "It's Lucy in the sky with diamonds." Had nothing to do with drugs.

Damn it, I just burned all my Beatles CDs in a bonfire before getting to your post! I should've scrolled down......

I betcha John Lennon still gets kick out of all the hysteria surrounding their music!

And int the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member