Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucy in the sky with Diamonds was about a picture that John Lennon's son drew of his best friend, Lucy. He was very young & showed it to his dad. His dad asked what it was & he said "It's Lucy in the sky with diamonds." Had nothing to do with drugs.

Yeah. Sure.

I wonder if anybody on this board is from Roanoke or vicinity? Is there any way to find out who the mystery guy who went to the concert with Morgan was? I bet local gossip may give us a clue....

This is sad, as time slips by it seems like Morgan slips further away...her poor family!

My personal opinion is that she was intoxicated, and/or high....the fall and cut on her face

we know now she WAS dropping her purse....some things may have scattered, even the phone battery

I still feel that this was ultimately a creep who seized an opportunity..as I and others have said....Ted Bundy (etc etc) all took chances and trolled around looking for "prey"

and I think that Morgan was ultimately someone's "prey" that night..maybe a guy she trusted somehow in her state, a cute, friendly guy...a guy who "went" to her school or a school she knew....etc

~~~~~~~~~~~
Off topic...regarding Lucy in the Sky...Lennon claimed it was from Julians painting...and their was a real "Lucy"...in fact she sadly became very ill with lupus and Julian was very good to her,and renewed their friendship....sadly she passed away from Lupus

Paul however HAS said it was pretty "obvious" that the lyrics were about drugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_in_the_Sky_with_Diamonds

Now that the official word from Geller is that Morgan definitely dropped the purse multiple times, coupled with friends driving her car + keeping the keys, I feel safe in assuming she was definitely on something, and was not allowed to drive. Perhaps all this talk of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds could be onto something. Spaced out her purse? All the gals on here know not much could cause us to lose our purse. When this whole thing first unfolded that was one of the first things we all said.

Now that the official word from Geller is that Morgan definitely dropped the purse multiple times, coupled with friends driving her car + keeping the keys, I feel safe in assuming she was definitely on something, and was not allowed to drive. Perhaps all this talk of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds could be onto something. Spaced out her purse? All the gals on here know not much could cause us to lose our purse. When this whole thing first unfolded that was one of the first things we all said.

Dropping her purse, leaving Lannigan Field parking lot, heading over the Copeley Bridge, but then hitchhiking (back in the same direction if on the bridge side that has a sidewalk), all without her purse. She would have had to be seriously out of it, but it would explain the purse...

It might also help answer what the "it" was that friend SS regretted doing in her statement ("obviously, we wouldn't have done it if we had known," iirc), if a more serious drug or combination than usual, but it could also refer to leaving her after the concert (in whatever form that actually happened).

I agree that drugs, intoxication, or head injury seem likely, though from what LE has said, the cut on her chin wasn't that serious (but you never know with traumatic brain injury).

Regardless, obviously, what happened to her isn't right.

Lucy in the sky with Diamonds was about a picture that John Lennon's son drew of his best friend, Lucy. He was very young & showed it to his dad. His dad asked what it was & he said "It's Lucy in the sky with diamonds." Had nothing to do with drugs.

Have you read the lyrics? Pretty sure it's about an LSD trip. IMO.

To clarify the meaning of the Beatles song Lucy in the Sky.., go here;

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=120

The "Lucy" who inspired this song was Lucy O'Donnell (later Lucy Vodden), who was a classmate of John's son Julian Lennon when he was enrolled at the private Heath House School, in Weybridge, Surrey. It was in a 1975 interview that Lennon said "Julian came in one day with a picture about a school friend of his named Lucy. He had sketched in some stars in the sky and called it Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

The identity of the real Lucy was confirmed by Julian in 2009 when she died of complications from Lupus. Lennon re-connected with her after she appeared on a BBC broadcast where she stated: "I remember Julian and I both doing pictures on a double-sided easel, throwing paint at each other, much to the horror of the classroom attendant… Julian had painted a picture and on that particular day his father turned up with the chauffeur to pick him up from school."

Many people thought this was about drugs, since the letters "LSD" are prominent in the title, and John Lennon, who wrote it, was known to drop acid. In 1971 Lennon told Rolling Stone that he swore that he had no idea that the song's initials spelt L.S.D. He added: "I didn't even see it on the label. I didn't look at the initials. I don't look— I mean I never play things backwards. I listened to it as I made it. It's like there will be things on this one, if you fiddle about with it. I don't know what they are. Every time after that though I would look at the titles to see what it said, and usually they never said anything."

The images Lennon used in the song were inspired by the imagery in the book Alice In Wonderland.

I guess we veered off topic but I don't think Morgan would mind if we mused about the Beatles for a minute!

On another note I wish we'd hear something new.....

I agree about the wall of silence. Maybe it's understandable if there is a POI but if there is not, it doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand the apparent lockdown on photos either. I know the photos posted the other night cause a controversy, but what stood out most to me was that she looked different than in the photos posted by the media. I think in a missing persons case, the more photos released the better. Maybe the person who posted acquired them by illegal means, but I am surprised more photos haven't surfaced, given her age, technology and the prevalence of social networking websites in today's society.

Hello guys and gals!

Just wondering where the pics were posted and if there is a link? I did not see any recently posted photos. TIA

Eclipse33

To clarify the meaning of the Beatles song Lucy in the Sky.., go here;

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=120

The "Lucy" who inspired this song was Lucy O'Donnell (later Lucy Vodden), who was a classmate of John's son Julian Lennon when he was enrolled at the private Heath House School, in Weybridge, Surrey. It was in a 1975 interview that Lennon said "Julian came in one day with a picture about a school friend of his named Lucy. He had sketched in some stars in the sky and called it Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

The identity of the real Lucy was confirmed by Julian in 2009 when she died of complications from Lupus. Lennon re-connected with her after she appeared on a BBC broadcast where she stated: "I remember Julian and I both doing pictures on a double-sided easel, throwing paint at each other, much to the horror of the classroom attendant… Julian had painted a picture and on that particular day his father turned up with the chauffeur to pick him up from school."

Many people thought this was about drugs, since the letters "LSD" are prominent in the title, and John Lennon, who wrote it, was known to drop acid. In 1971 Lennon told Rolling Stone that he swore that he had no idea that the song's initials spelt L.S.D. He added: "I didn't even see it on the label. I didn't look at the initials. I don't look— I mean I never play things backwards. I listened to it as I made it. It's like there will be things on this one, if you fiddle about with it. I don't know what they are. Every time after that though I would look at the titles to see what it said, and usually they never said anything."

The images Lennon used in the song were inspired by the imagery in the book Alice In Wonderland.

I do remember watching documentary footage of the Lennon's where they showed the drawing. It was very pretty.

Hello guys and gals!

Just wondering where the pics were posted and if there is a link? I did not see any recently posted photos. TIA

Eclipse33

photos were posted here and then removed - why I'm not sure

I should have said the link was posted here...

Hello guys and gals!

Eclipse33

If you google her name and click images,you'll see many photos of her.From some of the photos of her and her brother,they dressed differently and such around friends than what they did around parents.

I guess this article link has already been posted,but it's a good article,so I'll repost.It tells what is in her room and parents have the password to her computer and father does her banking.I read those things somewhere on here,but some just coming in might be interested in some of these details and this article.One of the details of the bedroom,she had an open suitcase at foot of the bed on the floor.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223391

"She always spoke to her dad, every day, and she would never be without her cellphone," said John Reburn, owner of Roanoke Valley Printworks in downtown Roanoke, where Morgan Harrington worked her summer after high school. "I called her my L.A. girl -- super, super out-there friendly.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

Outside the Arena, another concertgoer says, he was on the southeast side of the building waiting for late-arriving friends to meet him around 9pm when he heard a “commotion” at an entrance.

“It was some shouting,” says the 44-year-old man who’d traveled from Fredericksburg to Charlottesville and who asked not to be identified because of the high profile nature of the case. Moments after the shouting stopped, he says that a young woman with long blond hair and dressed all in black— including, he says, a black Pantera t-shirt like the one Morgan was reportedly wearing— approached him, put her arm out, bent, as though to walk arm in arm with him, and said, “Let’s go.”

“It seemed somewhat aggressive,” he says.

Waiting for his friends and concerned that her behavior seemed “unusual,” he says, he declined and turned to walk away. The young woman responded, he says, by cursing at him and kicking him.

Just reviewing so people don't have to start from the beginning for these articles.

Here is a good timeline. There is more to the article but I'll post the gist of it:

http://rockvillemag.com/home3/2009/12/17/metallica-fan-morgan-harrington-still-missing/

... Tragically, due to circumstances still unknown, Harrington ended up outside of the venue before Metallica even took stage around 8:30 p.m.

The facts minus the sea of web conjecture are as follows:

• Harrington arrived safely at the arena in her car which was driven by a friend. She was in the company of two girlfriends and a young man who was the boyfriend of mutual friend. It was in fact Harrington’s car, not a friend’s vehicle as earlier reported in the media, which did take all four students to the arena. The keys remained with Harrington’s friend, inside the venue.

• Harrington made it safely inside the JPJ arena. Around 8:15 to 8:20 p.m. Morgan parted from her friends to find a restroom.

• Around this time, Harrington was reportedly seen with a minor facial cut. Virginia State Police believed the cut was the result of a trip or fall, not an assault.

• Harrington ends up outside of the JPJ arena and is not allowed re-admittance as per the standard JPJ arena policy.

• 8:30 p.m. (estimated) Harrington speaks to her friends (on her cellphone) who are still inside. Morgan informs them she was outside of the arena and was not going to be let back in. She speaks of her intent to find another way home or would possibly meet up with them after the show.

• Over the next hour, eye witness reports place Harrington in the surrounding area of the JPJ arena parking, then moving further into the UVA campus.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11566968

Quote from the above link:

According to a statement released by the University of Virginia, the unnamed players were approached by a woman resembling Harrington October 17, following a team practice. The team's practice facility is located close to the John Paul Jones Arena, where Harrington attended a Metallica concert that weekend.

• Police track Harrington’s movements to the Copeley Road Bridge where eyewitness reports leave investigators to believe Harrington was trying to hitch a ride. Harrington’s trail turns cold at the Copeley Road Bridge between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m.

• Harrington has never been seen nor heard from since.

On October the 18th, passerbys discover a purse in the overflow RV parking on the UVA campus and turn the lost item over to the UVA Police.

Back in Roanoke, Virginia – Morgan’s hometown – her father, Dan Harrington, realizes something has drastically gone wrong. His daughter missed an afternoon visit with her parents. What Dan and Gil Harrington describe as extremely atypical behavior for their daughter. Nor had the Harrington’s heard from Morgan since calling to let them know she arrived safely at the concert.

After a quick call to Morgan’s friends, Dan Harrington learns his daughter was separated from the group and did not return with them after the concert. Morgan Harrington is officially reported missing to the Virginia State Police on Sunday afternoon.

All that remains of Harrington is a purse, a cell phone – missing the battery, and two months worth of questions and mystery.

The BB players are being conveniently air-brushed out of the story, while MH is being portrayed as crazy & completely stoned. However, if she really were totally inebriated & falling all over the place, why didn't the BB players try to help her? (For example, by just calling Campus Security who could surely have provided assistance). Also, what time exactly did they speak to her? We haven't been told.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11566968

Quote from the above link:

The BB players are being conveniently air-brushed out of the story, while MH is being portrayed as crazy & completely stoned. However, if she really were totally inebriated & falling all over the place, why didn't the BB players try to help her? (For example, by just calling Campus Security who could surely have provided assistance). Also, what time exactly did they speak to her? We haven't been told.

Well,maybe as one commenter on one of the article suggested,politics.This is a family well known and in the community and I would think alot of things being kept close to the vest,because of politics.The college is not going to be seen in a bad light and unfortunately in many cases,higher authority in the ranks than LE will have a say in what is put out.IMO

It's witnesses that are saying she was either drunk or on drugs and rumors in her area are talking about her lifestyle.None of that is being spoken by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1