Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the liquor they might have had and consumed. People have ways of buying and imbibing. Back in my hay day we all had flasks. Pour some vodka in and we were ready to go. Plus the fact I would think drinks at the arena were very expensive. They were students with not a lot of cash. They could have even taken any clear liquor in a water bottle. Nobody is checking those things at a concert hall.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Do you have a link to a statement that her jacket was found? I remember very early rumors of that, but never saw that confirmed...

I don't believe a jacket was ever found. A piece of black cloth was found but it was discarded because it had been there a long time. Many items were found by the RR tracks. Bums and homeless people wander there.

Could she have been robbed because someone knew she had the money to give her Dad from her friends as pay back for their tickets?

I have never been to an arena or concert hall that allows you to bring any beverages inside, including bottled water.

Regarding the liquor they might have had and consumed. People have ways of buying and imbibing. Back in my hay day we all had flasks. Pour some vodka in and we were ready to go. Plus the fact I would think drinks at the arena were very expensive. They were students with not a lot of cash. They could have even taken any clear liquor in a water bottle. Nobody is checking those things at a concert hall.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

here are a few interesting tidbits I feel I can pass along at this time. 1) no forensics done on Morgan's car (per her father) 2) there was a FB discussion about the Metallica concert online prior to the concert which Morgan evidently took part in 3) LE or FBI?? still has custody of Morgans computer 4) There have been no pictures or videos discovered of Morgan at the arena that night - at all (per her dad, to his knowledge).

also, her camera which is missing as well is a Red Kodak V530.

here are a few interesting tidbits I feel I can pass along at this time. 1) no forensics done on Morgan's car (per her father) 2) there was a FB discussion about the Metallica concert online prior to the concert which Morgan evidently took part in 3) LE or FBI?? still has custody of Morgans computer 4) There have been no pictures or videos discovered of Morgan at the arena that night - at all (per her dad, to his knowledge).

also, her camera which is missing as well is a Red Kodak V530.

Do you know if the 'mystery guy' (also named Dan?), the bf of another friend who supposedly was picked up at JMU or somewhere in between there and the JPJ arena - did he actually attend the concert or was he just hitching a ride to the C'ville area?

Do you know if the 'mystery guy' (also named Dan?), the bf of another friend who supposedly was picked up at JMU or somewhere in between there and the JPJ arena - did he actually attend the concert or was he just hitching a ride to the C'ville area?

he is the boyfriend of yet another friend. I do not know if he was inside the arena - only that he had Morgans keys.

Also, this is a RUMOR I heard: her friends have been told by LE to lay low and be quiet.

he is the boyfriend of yet another friend. I do not know if he was inside the arena - only that he had Morgans keys.

Interesting...

I'm now remembering that quote that one of the girls gave - something to the effect of being 'one of two' that rode back...

So if there were 4 in the car going down...and 2 in the car going back...we all know something happened to MH...so that makes someone else 'missing' from the ride back to JMU too...

If "Dan" was the one missing on the ride back...then how did the keys of MH's car get into the hands of Amy or Sarah?

Is it a possibility that Dan became PO'ed at something and left the arena and it upset MH...and this is why she exited the JPJ...to find him? Because she knew he was mad? Because she knew he had her keys? Is this the 'argument' the "Grandma" saw in the parking lot between a girl and a guy?

Interesting...

I'm now remembering that quote that one of the girls gave - something to the effect of being 'one of two' that rode back...

So if there were 4 in the car going down...and 2 in the car going back...we all know something happened to MH...so that makes someone else 'missing' from the ride back to JMU too...

If "Dan" was the one missing on the ride back...then how did the keys of MH's car get into the hands of Amy or Sarah?

Is it a possibility that Dan became PO'ed at something and left the arena and it upset MH...and this is why she exited the JPJ...to find him? Because she knew he was mad? Because she knew he had her keys? Is this the 'argument' the "Grandma" saw in the parking lot between a girl and a guy?

Perhaps the media messed that up and it was meant 2 girls going back.??

Perhaps the media messed that up and it was meant 2 girls going back.??

How did they get the keys, though?

Link:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_..._begins/60473/

Quote from the above link:
Quote:
From Scott Leamon, in the field
WSLS Reporter
sleamon@wsls.com

I talked with two Roanoke area people who came up to help with the search.

Roanoke County Police Sergeant Jim Herrick told me he took the day off from work to come up to search. Herrick says his daughter is one of Morgan Harrington’s nine close friends from Northside High School.

I also spoke with current JMU student, Northside High School graduate, and close friend of Morgan Harrington, Sarah Snead. Snead told me she was one of the three people in Morgan’s car on the way to the Metallica concert, and one of the two people in the car on the way back from the concert to JMU. Snead talked about Morgan’s phone call from outside John Paul Jones Arena the night of the concert, as well as how Dan and Gil Harrington have been “pillars of support” for her since Morgan disappeared.

Maybe Dan gave Sarah a ride home in MH's car? SS states that she was one of three people in MH's car on the way to the concert --- but at least four attended with their party: MH, SS, AM & the BF.

BTW: SS sounds like The Riddler: One of three who traveled to C'Ville; one of two who returned together that night ...

Let's imagine that AM and her boyfriend drove together in a separate car; would that scenario resolve these discrepancies?

How did they get the keys, though?

Link:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_..._begins/60473/

Quote from the above link:

Maybe Dan gave Sarah a ride home in MH's car? SS states that she was one of three people in MH's car on the way to the concert --- but at least four attended with their party: MH, SS, AM & the BF.

BTW: SS sounds like The Riddler: One of three who traveled to C'Ville; one of two who returned together that night ...

Let's imagine that AM and her boyfriend drove together in a separate car; would that scenario resolve these discrepancies?

Maybe this was another thing that was "conveniently" left out...(like DH assumed MH's car wasn't taken to the concert)...maybe it wasn't stated to him (and/or LE) that there was this 'mystery' guy at first.

So...if there were 4 in the car on the way to JPJ...one goes missing...shouldn't there have been 3 going back to JMU/Harrisonburg? Why does SS only make reference to two? Is she trying to distance herself from the mystery guy/Dan? And possibly inferring him in what happened to MH?

Seems to me there was some comment made somewhere (whether it was rumor or stated in an article I can't remember) about Sarah & Amy going back to JPJ the next morning? Or that maybe they had stayed overnight in C'ville (or was supposed to stay overnight in C'ville)?

Did the 2 girls wait around MH's car waiting for the keys back from wherever this "Dan" was...is that why they waited a "significant amount of time"...maybe not so much for MH, but for Dan or the keys?

here are a few interesting tidbits I feel I can pass along at this time. 1) no forensics done on Morgan's car (per her father) ...

Possible Scenario in which Perp Used MH's Own Car.

Let's hope that this scenario proves false, nonetheless the possibility should be considered.

Let's say that someone (not necessarily the driver, but just someone) somehow managed to obtain the keys to MH's car, and pick her up on the bridge that night.

If he broke her cell, took the battery & threw the cell & her open bag out the window of the car, we have to ask why she did not try to escape the car. He would have had to drive through city traffic with plenty of chances to get stopped at a light. In this case, he may have punched her very hard in the chin (maybe for the second time that night), and knocked her out cold.

Then, he headed westward on I64 towards Shenandoah State Park, which has many old disused roads, abandoned farms & infrastructure. (Fifty families were forced to leave their farms behind when the government decided to convert the area to wilderness park in the 1930s). Wanting to get rid of her body asap, he took no time to dig a shallow grave, but perhaps just threw her body down an abandoned well, mineshaft, tunnel or cave (perhaps not even bothering to kill her first).

Of course, this scenario would result in a lot of blood inside the car, which the perp later tried to remove. This blood could still be detected in the upholstery or rugs. Such evidence as her broken finger nail with his DNA on it might reveal the identity of the perp. Also, bits of soil may have certain minerals which could possibly indicate the most likely location where he left the car to dispose of the body.

So, I have been reading the forums at the FindMorgan website. What do you all think of the (alleged) sighting on Christmas Eve. Sound plausible to me. What do you think?

So, I have been reading the forums at the FindMorgan website. What do you all think of the (alleged) sighting on Christmas Eve. Sound plausible to me. What do you think?

I haven't heard about that sighting...but I'm not able to keep up with all of the discussions on the various web-sites regarding MH unfortunately. I have time for this one and that's about it...

I didn't know which topic to look under over on that other web-site...so I'll have to ask, please, can you remember which topic this sighting was listed under.

Thank you!

I searched the FB & findmorgan.org sites, but I could not find any report of a sighting on Christmas Eve. Could you tell where she was supposedly seen? TIA

Very frustrating isn't it?? I wish we had some sort of national database, some sort of "uniform" reporting

so little info on Cassandra....and the other "student"?? Not a word about her

why wouldn't the LE say who the "other missing people" are?? how frustrating

I believe the other student surfaced; she had dropped out of school and hadn't told her parents, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme