Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Jaycee Dugard who spent 18 years captive and Elizabeth Smart who was found a captive and alive are cases that make us hope Morgan could be found alive.

Over the years there were many instances where Jaycee could have been found. Everybody minding their own business, and not casting doubts, or not telling something is what gives the criminals more time. IMO, we need to pay attention to everything around us and be more vigilant, and outspoken if necessary.

I haven't been around a case on WS long enough to know what 'we' do when somone posts something like the following. It was on the FindMorgan.com website, as a comment to one of Gil's blog postings.

As we know, MH was not found by Xmas, but some of the quotes in this comment are so specific, it does make me wonder. I don't really know if I believe in these kind of 'visions' (for lack of a better word), but then again, perhaps I just don't understand it!

Can anyone expound on if, and how, Sleuthers proceed with this sort of thing?

JMO, I like WS Forensic Astrology Forums very much and respect what the they have to say. They do have good information, and have been right-on accurate in many of their chart readings.

Forensic Astrology - MORGAN HARRINGTON, missing @concert 10/17/09 Charlottesville,VA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11500726
/snipped/

State police gathered media today at its headquarters in Appomattox County to lay out its main theory on what happened to Morgan.
State police said they think she had been drinking alcohol the night of the concert and was not acting rationally.
And police believe she most likely got into a car on the Copeley Road Bridge in Charlottesville between 9:20 and 9:30 on the night of October 17.
Detectives say she may have gotten into the car voluntarily and then things could have taken a turn for the worse.

'another snip'
State police are also searching for a red camera... It could be a Kodak. Morgan had it the night she disappeared.

..more at link...

http://www.newsplex.com/news/headlines/80358212.html

Article covering VSP interview today. Not to be glib but the headline says "BREAKING NEWS: HARRINGTON WAS DRINKING", no shiite....

Seems to indicate police are discrediting the potential WV sightings be discussed on findmorgan.com forums.

Maybe the new coverage will spark a few tips.

Thanks for this. A few other things that jumped out at me from the article:

MH was drinking, yes, but the article says she did not willingly take drugs.

Says friends are not involved in her disappearance.

Allows that there might have been a head injury (after discounting the severity of the scrape on her chin earlier) or that MH might have been drugged.

Also more details about the missing camera.

Maybe this will prompt someone's memory...

Article covering VSP interview today. Not to be glib but the headline says "BREAKING NEWS: HARRINGTON WAS DRINKING", no shiite....

Seems to indicate police are discrediting the potential WV sightings be discussed on findmorgan.com forums.

Maybe the new coverage will spark a few tips.

Quote from the link:
Her friends were not involved in her disappearance.

If MH's disappearance was unwilling; then this statement is obviously true. After all, whoever abducted her could hardly be termed a "friend." Wish they would be more specific about exactly who they believe had no involvement. She may have run into some other acquaintances in the audience, who may have been involved in some way.

Harrington may have been drugged or injured in a fall but she hadn't willingly consumed drugs.

How would they know whether she had taken a drug & whether she willingly had taken that drug?

JMO: She was intoxicated by either booze, drugs or a combo; but she was not totally bombed. She walked quite a distance, while texting, and the BB players apparently were not concerned enough to call campus services.

To force someone to take a drug unwillingly is a type of assault(, but JMO no one drugged her unwillingly). The "fall" may have been the result of being pushed or an assault. The loss of her pocketbook & cell similarly could also have been the result of an assault. Were these possible assaults all related to her interactions with one person that night?

Possible Scenarios in which All Three Possible Assaults are Related to Each Other:

Say that MH separated from her companions inside the arena during the opening sets to join some BF. Some other guy in the audience was stoned, insulted the BF & started a minor scuffle. In the midst of this scuffle between the two men, MH was accidently injured.

Or, humiliated at the insult, her BF then vented his rage on MH, pushing her to the floor.

The BF then flees the arena. A short while later, MH follows after him. She observes that the vehicle he was driving that night is gone. Realizing that on his return to the arena, he would have to park in the RV lot, she walks over to the RV lot searching for him. She asks the BB players if they have seen him. She then approaches the bridge (over which she thinks he would likely return). Seeing him in the vehicle, she pretends to hitch as a joke. Inside the vehicle, he grabs her cell, breaks it, takes the battery & then throws the cell and her open bag out the window.

The guy who instigated the fight in the audience is on parole or he is under some restriction similar to parole; therefore, the witnesses will not discuss the incident with LE.

Note the escalating character of the violence against MH in this possible scenario: 1. someone pushed her down with enough force to cause a minor head injury; 2. someone grabbed her bag & cell away (JMO) throwing them from the window of a car; 3. apparently someone abducted her. Usually violent conflict does have an escalating quality.

Harrington Investigation Continues... http://www.nbc29.com/global/story.asp?s=11748761

Several new pieces of information in the case were released Wednesday. Police now say that Morgan Harrington had been drinking alcohol the night she disappeared during a Metallica concert. Investigators are also confident she got in a car after her last sighting on the Copeley Street Bridge. They are still looking for Harrington's missing digital camera.

Police also want to know about people displaying strange behavior in relation to the case.

Virginia State Police Lieutenant Joe Rader says, "If you've noticed a drastic change in someone's behavior that is probably something we should know about. If Morgan was in fact abducted, that's a hard episode for anyone to keep to themselves."

As for recent searches in Albemarle and Charlottesville including one on Interstate 64 earlier this month, police say they are not random. They are searching based on information that comes in over time.

I'm very glad that LE decided to give the media more tidbits, it's good to know the friends who were there that night are not involved, so that it's easier to move past them and on to the next thing.

"3) Her friends were not involved in her disappearance.
4) Police have searched all along I-64 from Charlottesville to Augusta County as well as stretches toward Richmond. They've also searched parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway and conducted searches at other Metallica concerts.
5) Police are looking for a red digital camera Harrington had that night. It may have been a Kodak.
6) Harrington was either abducted or willingly got into a car on the Copeley Road bridge where she had been spotted hitchhiking.
7) Police say people should call if they see a "change in behavior" among anyone who attended the Oct. 17th Metallica concert.
"This is not a cold case," Rader said."

In this link:

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748419

In the upper righthand corner of the screen there is a video with Rader (after the commerical loads). You might have to select the video on the lefthand side first,
WDBJ7 Lt Joe Rader discusses etc..
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...422897&topVideoCatNo=undefined&autoStart=true

Rader said in the video that they have physical evidence! Now i can't get it to load again so hopefully someone else can and post the other types of evidence they have!
Thank you in advance

In the first press conference, LE reminded Morgan's friends to keep her in their perspectives, maybe the perp is someone they may know, or it might be an acquaintance?

Now we know that Morgan's friends who were there that night aren't involved. Possibly someone who is acquainted to any of her friends in general may be suspect.
IMO, maybe that's why LE reminded her friends (maybe referring to all of her friends) in that first press conference to keep Morgan in their perspective, if the perp is someone local to her and her friends?

I was thinking about that yesterday - obviously Morgan didn't call anyone from her cell phone to pick her up from JPJ. She talked to her friend inside the arena and sent a text to a guy who was 60 minutes away (I've heard VA BEACH but that would be like 2.5 hrs away! So prob at JMU or in Richmond??).

Now.. what I'd like to know is did her friends inside the arena speak to anyone and mention Morgan (Yes, we know DEE was told). If SS or Amy ran into a friend or talked on the phone with someone - a guy - and they asked, where is Morgan?? then SS or Amy said... "She's Stuck outside the arena" or maybe they even went looking for familiar faces to get help getting Morgan back inside.

Or the guy Morgan texted may have spoken to friends who were in the vicinity and offhandedly commented that this hottie he knew named Morgan was locked outside the concert and trying to find a ride...

see where I'm going with this train of thought here is that it could have been a passing comment to someone, even DEE - then Dee says something to the guys she's with or guys she's standing around, and if there is a predator somewhere and hears of a drunk young pretty girl all alone locked out in the cold - OMG!!

I was thinking about that yesterday - obviously Morgan didn't call anyone from her cell phone to pick her up from JPJ. She talked to her friend inside the arena and sent a text to a guy who was 60 minutes away (I've heard VA BEACH but that would be like 2.5 hrs away! So prob at JMU or in Richmond??).

Now.. what I'd like to know is did her friends inside the arena speak to anyone and mention Morgan (Yes, we know DEE was told). If SS or Amy ran into a friend or talked on the phone with someone - a guy - and they asked, where is Morgan?? then SS or Amy said... "She's Stuck outside the arena" or maybe they even went looking for familiar faces to get help getting Morgan back inside.

Or the guy Morgan texted may have spoken to friends who were in the vicinity and offhandedly commented that this hottie he knew named Morgan was locked outside the concert and trying to find a ride...

see where I'm going with this train of thought here is that it could have been a passing comment to someone, even DEE - then Dee says something to the guys she's with or guys she's standing around, and if there is a predator somewhere and hears of a drunk young pretty girl all alone locked out in the cold - OMG!!

BBM

Since Morgan didn't call any around there, would it be possible that she had met someone or knew of someone around the area she had in mind that could give her a ride home? Otherwise i would think she would just wait for her friends. Now, if she got abducted while outside (as in snatched and pulled into a car type deal) it would be a different situation.. this case is baffling..

Kikid, this is a good post, and these are all things to consider. If someone saw Morgan drinking, and considered her a "target" or if her friends or her were overheard talking.. Also, it seems that the concert may have attracted a ton of students from nearby colleges, its likely that Morgan may have known or been acquaintances with more than just those she went with or Dee's group. Maybe it's a possibility that say for example the guy in her math class, or that friend of a friend she didn't know too well was there.. someone who she might feel comfy enough with to think would take her home..? Just thinking aloud here..

I have a question as to if any of Morgan's friends were over age 21 who were at the concert with her. I'm wondering how they were drinking?
Most bars at concerts have wristbands to differentiate those over 21 and those under. So i'm curious as to if one of the friends was over 21?

I have a question as to if any of Morgan's friends were over age 21 who were at the concert with her. I'm wondering how they were drinking?
Most bars at concerts have wristbands to differentiate those over 21 and those under. So i'm curious as to if one of the friends was over 21?

great question - I'd love to know this as well.

Am also wondering if the arena limits how many beers one can have as well. Some of the venues around Roanoke/Salem limit the cups of beer one can purchase when at an event.

Dear Posters:

I want to make you aware of the “alert” button on each post. It is the white triangle in the upper right-hand corner of each post.

When you click on it, a box will open into which you can type the problem with the post. Then you click on send and the moderators receive the alert via email.

You don’t need to write a novel regarding a post you report. The reason you enter can be as simple as “rude” or “attacking” or “off-topic.”

I want to remind you about the alert button because the truth is that we don’t receive nearly enough alerts about problematic posts.

The sooner we as moderators are alerted to a post, the sooner we can look at and correct it, if needed.

I know some of you hesitate to use the alert button, but please don’t hesitate.

If a problematic post is not reported, the whole thread can go south very, very quickly. And then what happens is that we have to pull a thread and sometimes spend hours going through a thread post by post to clean it up.

And that is an incredible waste of time.

You’ll save us a lot of teeth-gnashing by reporting problematic posts promptly. (Say that ten times quickly!)

I would much rather spend my time posting new missing persons cases for us to sleuth than to spend time cleaning up threads; I currently have over 500 new, unread Google alerts in my inbox regarding missing persons. I’d rather be posting those new cases than refereeing arguments.

Please note that I write this as general advice, not in response to any one post or thread.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and have a blessed and joyous New Year!

Hoppy
mod

Am also wondering if the arena limits how many beers one can have as well. Some of the venues around Roanoke/Salem limit the cups of beer one can purchase when at an event.

MBLover to answer your question about the number of beers allowed at the JPJ, it is four. This policy was implemented in April of 2009 much to the chagrin of the local residents in the area because of concerns about increased violence and drunk driving once a show was over. I am not aware of any policy published by JPJ that calls attention to that fact but the link below will show you that a 4 beer rule is now in place. There is a strict no alcohol rule in effect for all basketball games. The new beer rule is only for shows. If you have a suite you can have alcohol at the games.

The thing that is not being mention or discussed as it relates to Morgan is the policy regarding the suites at the JPJ. Friends of mine have a suite there for basketball games. In the suites you can drink all you want and chances are no one is checking an ID because there will be some folks there who are 21 or over. You have to buy the drinks from the JPJA, you are not supposed to bring your own bottle in but people bring in stuff all the time. It would be easy to hide it from the suite attendents who just check with you once in awhile to see if you need anything. There is no limit on the number of drinks in a suite. This policy is covered on page 10 of the JPJA 2009 handbook for suite holders. If Morgan and her friends had access to a suite that night then most likely they could have drank as much as they wanted despite their age.

Here is a link to a quote about the new beer rule at JPJA.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/john-paul-jones-arena-charlottesville

I know this is asking a lot...have LE checked all tickets sold; compared to all persons that actually attended the show that night on October 17, 2009?

However, I think the person that picked Morgan up probably had no intentions of attending the concert nor had even purchased a ticket in advance.

I'm very glad that LE decided to give the media more tidbits, it's good to know the friends who were there that night are not involved, so that it's easier to move past them and on to the next thing.

"3) Her friends were not involved in her disappearance.
4) Police have searched all along I-64 from Charlottesville to Augusta County as well as stretches toward Richmond. They've also searched parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway and conducted searches at other Metallica concerts.
5) Police are looking for a red digital camera Harrington had that night. It may have been a Kodak.
6) Harrington was either abducted or willingly got into a car on the Copeley Road bridge where she had been spotted hitchhiking.
7) Police say people should call if they see a "change in behavior" among anyone who attended the Oct. 17th Metallica concert.
"This is not a cold case," Rader said."

In this link:

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748419

In the upper righthand corner of the screen there is a video with Rader (after the commerical loads). You might have to select the video on the lefthand side first,
WDBJ7 Lt Joe Rader discusses etc..
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...422897&topVideoCatNo=undefined&autoStart=true

Rader said in the video that they have physical evidence! Now i can't get it to load again so hopefully someone else can and post the other types of evidence they have!
Thank you in advance
He said they had physical evidence which can be either pieces of clothing or blood that they can process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro