Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a ticket taker have to stay till the end of the performances?
Maybe someone that worked there on their way out saw Morgan in a "totally out of it" situation and took advantage of that.

I believe Dan Harrington received a call Sunday Morning about 8:30 telling him of the purse being found. He then called Sarah who drove to JPJ arena Sunday morning. I will try to find that link for you.

Dans girlfriend is Morgan Nichols.

This concerns the car and is offered by Dan Harrington
The following is from this website http://findmorgan.com/
Morgan's Dad
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2009
Morgan's car
Just to clarify, i don't think anyone lied. I think I assumed. Prior to leaving roanoke, Morgan asked if she could buy gas for her friend to drive. Thus i assumed another car was driven. I did not ask if her car was driven or not, i assumed. It would not have mattered to me whether her car was driven to the concert or not. hope that hhelps. dan

I believe Dan Harrington received a call Sunday Morning about 8:30 telling him of the purse being found. He then called Sarah who drove to JPJ arena Sunday morning. I will try to find that link for you.

Morgan's Dad
Morgan's car
Just to clarify, i don't think anyone lied. I think I assumed. Prior to leaving roanoke, Morgan asked if she could buy gas for her friend to drive. Thus i assumed another car was driven. I did not ask if her car was driven or not, i assumed. It would not have mattered to me whether her car was driven to the concert or not. hope that hhelps. dan

thanks for all the info! now I wonder when she asked for permission to buy gas... was she asking for cash or did she have a credit card her parents let her use?

Early Sunday morning, Morgan’s purse was found by a passerby and was reported to the University of Virginia Police as "lost property". Morgan’s purse had all of her belongings including: a wallet, debit card, ID, and a cell phone with the battery missing.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Pri...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

I can't find my notes saying Dan was called early Sunday morning. So I have to go on what the PI is reporting above. Sorry for any misinformation.

HI KiKid..we are on the same "page"....I also do not think it is a serial, or a predator as such

I truly think it is some "nice" and "cute" guy that she slightly knew...or thought she knew someone who knew him...or had some "connection" to

I have posted before....college kids tend to be very trusting...."Oh you are in Prof x's class too?"...."Oh wow...you know my ex roommate? cool"...."Hey, I saw you dj at that party...you were great"...etc

I think it was a situation where Morgan was drunk, "open" and fun loving up to a point...this "cute" creep then tried to have sex with her, when she refused, he raped her...then..he had to think...she was a "nice" girl...dad works for the univ...she would press charges....he "got rid" of her somehow

I don't think that a serial just happened to drive by (yes it could be)...I think it is more likely that a "new friend" gave her a ride...she had NO real reason to trust him, but youth and booze and youthful "immortality" led her to this fatal decision

there is no real way to "search" for her since he could have hid her body in any direction..a radius of hundreds of miles...since we know nothing of "him" we don't know...maybe he is a hiker who knows the parks...maybe a hunter who knows the woods...maybe he is a boater/diver who knows the water....maybe he knows where there are abandoned houses etc....just a needle in a haystack

I think this sort of case is a nightmare for LE...just nothing to go on...when NO one saw her with anyone, no one saw the car

again, these are just MY thoughts....based on applying the simplest solution that fits what we do know (and even explains why we have not been "told" all the details of the party /friends/Morgan that night...I think it is not that relevant)

You're right, it must be a nightmare for LE.

Morgan's story started off sounding like a wholesome gathering for this long-awaited concert. It started turning strange once she left her seat, and so close to the main band coming on stage. From then on, it turns into this odd story of wandering around either injured, drunk, drugged, but not acting right. She made contact with quite a few people, but no one that felt a need to get her some help apparently. What her friends say to explain why they just drove back home without looking for her is very important, IMO.

Or is it so relevant that LE is keeping it to themselves? I do wonder why it has not been reported to the community if it was a stranger that could possibly snatch another young woman in the area. Is there any reason I should be on guard for this stranger to strike again? That doesn't seem to be the case. Could LE have a specific POI?

It does seem likely it was someone that took advantage of the opportunity of Morgan's condition, and it turned ugly and they had to cover-up. But it could be one lone young guy, or who's to say it wasn't a man and woman couple, or several guys, a ticket taker, a professor, BB players, an ex, or she simply ran away. Any chance it will be narrowed down soon?

It's probably true, we don't need to know all the details, let LE do their job. On the other hand, hearing a young woman has been missing for so long make us care and want to help. . . and caring is not bad.

Findmorgan.com has a new blog update. It's raw and open and very emotional. It brought tears to my eyes. Her POOR FAMILY!!! How I wish Morgan would be found!

Why do you think that the guy was White?

statistically predators choose victims from within their own race. If this were a stranger abduction, then in all probability he'd be white.

If it was a friend, acquaintance, or boyfriend then it could be any race.

If it was someone she just met and chatted with that evening - he'd probably be white.

edited to sound more pc.

Morgan's Dad
Morgan's car

Thank you very much, Honey, for posting that quote from DH. I searched that web site & could not find where exactly he posted this info. Do you happen to have the exact link? Also, why did DH think that the keys had remained in Harrisonburg?

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/inde...an-harrington/
Note: Date for this media article is October 30, 2009.
Quote from the above link:
Quote:
Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

Either the reporter didn't do their research properly, or DH did not know the whereabouts of the car that night as late as two weeks [!]after MH's disappearance. The car should have been impounded immediately and searched for evidence such as blood or a recent cleaning of the upholstery. Not too late, because the blood would have soaked deep into the rugs & car seats. The trunk should be carefully tested for blood, too.

Thank you very much, Honey, for posting that quote from DH. I searched that web site & could not find where exactly he posted this info. Do you happen to have the exact link? Also, why did DH think that the keys had remained in Harrisonburg?

Quote:

Either the reporter didn't do their research properly, or DH did not know the whereabouts of the car that night as late as two weeks [!]after MH's disappearance. The car should have been impounded immediately and searched for evidence such as blood or a recent cleaning of the upholstery. Not too late, because the blood would have soaked deep into the rugs & car seats. The trunk should be carefully tested for blood, too.

I KNOW!!! sometimes you just got to shake your head and say what was LE thinking or NOT thinking!!

its not to late to have the vehicle impounded I hope??? I wonder if it is secure in the Harrington's garage - because it sure wouldn't hurt to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

as for "predator"...I think that there is a "first time" for everything...and this might have been a first

and there have also been "one time" killers....not EVERY killer is a bloodthirsty serial killer....and NO I am NOT "defending" him, whoever this creep is

just stating a (logical IMHO) possibility that this guy flipped out and killed her

I am think he MIGHT be more of a rapist...a "date" rapist, who has "gotten away with it"...with girls who are drunk or high...or who are too ashamed to tell...or whatever

maybe a charming, cute guy...a popular guy...athlete...dj...musician...bartender....someone who fancies himself a "ladies man"

I recall a case where a guy , dad, husband, grampa was arrested and charged with a rape/murder he committed when he was ? 21 or so....years ago....dna proved it...
he had "turned his life around"...stopped drinking, got "religion", got a job and worked it to retirement, married and had kids
and now he is doing time for the crime , justice served

but I am thinking of a guy like that....no "MO"...cause he has not done this before (or at least not abduction/murder before)....no way to tell who this is

this is truly a nightmare for LE...one of the hardest sort of cases to solve I am sure
if you have no prior connection between victim and perp...no one saw them together, no eyewitness, no id of a car, nothing, nothing...and not even prior "MO">>> you just have nothing

whatever the kids told LE might not be released cause it really may not add much...I hate to say it, but this looks to ME like a true "cold case"

The Findmorgan site is heartbreaking...so sad

as for "predator"...I think that there is a "first time" for everything...and this might have been a first

and there have also been "one time" killers....not EVERY killer is a bloodthirsty serial killer....and NO I am NOT "defending" him, whoever this creep is

just stating a (logical IMHO) possibility that this guy flipped out and killed her

I am think he MIGHT be more of a rapist...a "date" rapist, who has "gotten away with it"...with girls who are drunk or high...or who are too ashamed to tell...or whatever

maybe a charming, cute guy...a popular guy...athlete...dj...musician...bartender....someone who fancies himself a "ladies man"

I recall a case where a guy , dad, husband, grampa was arrested and charged with a rape/murder he committed when he was ? 21 or so....years ago....dna proved it...
he had "turned his life around"...stopped drinking, got "religion", got a job and worked it to retirement, married and had kids
and now he is doing time for the crime , justice served

but I am thinking of a guy like that....no "MO"...cause he has not done this before (or at least not abduction/murder before)....no way to tell who this is

this is truly a nightmare for LE...one of the hardest sort of cases to solve I am sure
if you have no prior connection between victim and perp...no one saw them together, no eyewitness, no id of a car, nothing, nothing...and not even prior "MO">>> you just have nothing

whatever the kids told LE might not be released cause it really may not add much...I hate to say it, but this looks to ME like a true "cold case"

The Findmorgan site is heartbreaking...so sad

Yep this is completely possible as well - and if it is what happened the only hope is that Morgan is discovered soon enough that some type of evidence will lead to a perp.

Quote:

This might help. It is a topic that shows all the posting from Dan Harrington. The one I referred to is included.

All Posts by Dan Harrington - Help Find Morgan Harrington

I haven't been around a case on WS long enough to know what 'we' do when somone posts something like the following. It was on the FindMorgan.com website, as a comment to one of Gil's blog postings.

kathleen says:
December 23, 2009 at 3:29 pmMy daughter is not ‘psychic’,in the sense of knowing the winning lotto numbers, or when something great or bad is going to happen, but she has had feelings about family and friends whom she is close with..anyway, she has already sent in several tips to the apomattox email site(police/law enforcement),so you can check that fact out(her name is Kristie).we talk about Morgan every few days..she insisted at our last meeting,that Morgan is very much alive..my daughter also said something about her being in a place that is right nearby a bed and breakfast place,right in roanoke itself..she keeps hearing Morgan talking about her “chance to get out, to get away”.she also saw the name rose hill,then a picture of a large rose…perhaps this may mean something to someone connected to the investigation.she also said that the person who managed to get her to leave the arena and go outside that night,was someone connected to the arena(security,or in a more limited capacity),who promised her he could get her backstage to meet the band,get autographs,etc.the reason she left just before the opening act was done,but just before Metallica went onstage,is because that person told her to come outside at that very point(they obviously knew it would be nearly deserted outside the arena,once the main act was to come onstage)..it could be someone who was very familiar with the concerts/timelines at the arena, so he appeared (to Morgan)to know what exactly he was talking about,so that is why she had no reason to doubt what he said.he also told her to come alone,because if her whole group came,the deal he promised her would be off..he could only help 1 person meet the band.my daughter also told me that Morgan would be found and returned to her family before Christmas..I hope she is right,and I am praying that she is…

As we know, MH was not found by Xmas, but some of the quotes in this comment are so specific, it does make me wonder. I don't really know if I believe in these kind of 'visions' (for lack of a better word), but then again, perhaps I just don't understand it!

Can anyone expound on if, and how, Sleuthers proceed with this sort of thing?

Findmorgan.com has a new blog update. It's raw and open and very emotional. It brought tears to my eyes. Her POOR FAMILY!!! How I wish Morgan would be found!
I know. Justice for Morgan is of the utmost importance but at the same time even if her family knew exactly what happened they would still be left with a huge void and haunted by the circumstances. It breaks your heart.

From reading the findmorgan forums it seems to me that LE is following different lines of investigation.

In this thread, exercises in general logic are a good idea but we have seen in just some recent higher profile cases that the unexpected can occur when you are talking about a particular missing person. Not many people, if any, expected Annie Le to have been murdered in a fit of work rage and stuffed into a nearby wall where investigators failed to locate her for days. Or that Jaycee Dugard would have spent 18 years captive in a secret backyard or that ex-Navy William Hurley would have stumbled into a Boston river and drowned.

statistically predators choose victims from within their own race. If this were a stranger abduction, then in all probability he'd be white.

If it was a friend, acquaintance, or boyfriend then it could be any race.

If it was someone she just met and chatted with that evening - he'd probably be white.

edited to sound more pc.

In cases involving serial killers, this tends to be true (they choose victims of the same race) however there have been a lot that have choose different races.

In Morgan's case, i think they perp will be white, imo, tambien.

I haven't been around a case on WS long enough to know what 'we' do when somone posts something like the following. It was on the FindMorgan.com website, as a comment to one of Gil's blog postings.

As we know, MH was not found by Xmas, but some of the quotes in this comment are so specific, it does make me wonder. I don't really know if I believe in these kind of 'visions' (for lack of a better word), but then again, perhaps I just don't understand it!

Can anyone expound on if, and how, Sleuthers proceed with this sort of thing?

Human beings may have some limited "psychic" powers, but these people who claim to be psychic are usually just individuals who know a lot of people and a lot about people. They might call LE with info which they actually obtained from (for example) their ex-con nephew's GF. LE might (pretend to) accept the claim that the spirits were speaking in dreams or whatever.

This might help. It is a topic that shows all the posting from Dan Harrington. The one I referred to is included.

All Posts by Dan Harrington - Help Find Morgan Harrington

Thank you for your help.

The dates of DH's comments might be helpful, too.

The Hook's coverage seems authoritative and thorough; but reading this comment, doesn't it sound as though DH & VSP were in conflict over the locations of the car at various times during the relevant time period?

Quote:
Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

At first, the VSP account, based on a broader base of info & professional expertise, seemed to be more reliable than the account of a possibly very distraught parent; but then the possibility occurred to me that DH may have had some particular evidence that the car actually stayed in Harrisonburg, which might have been embarrassing in some way to the family; for example, if he secretly had placed a tracking device in her car, (but even then, why not tell LE?). :confused:

[Why he thought MH's keys remained in H'burg is less clear. ]

BUT now we have this undated quote:

According the above quote, DH really didn't even consider the location of the car (or the keys) very carefully. Morgan's request may have been perhaps accidently misleading. She forgot to mention that she had planned that her car was to be driven from H'burg to C'ville that night; or maybe the guy's car was to be driven, but broke down at the last minute; or some similar incident resulted in MH's car actually being driven that night.

But generally one would expect that the two companions who "borrowed" MH's car that night & drove from C'ville back to H'burg would have offered their apologies & explained the entire situation to DH asap & in extreme detail the very next day.

Also, if DH didn't care much about the whether MH's car were driven from H'burg to C'ville that night, and he had not investigated this question thoroughly, why would he dare to publicly contradict statements being made by the VSP regarding movements of the car?

DH is a psychiatrist by profession; therefore, we might expect that he would be inclined to view the situation scientifically & in detail. Mental health professionals are trained to listen extremely carefully both to what is said & what is not being said.

Or did the reporter just imply a conflict between DH & VSP when if fact there was none?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro