Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so true about their rights "not to speak" but as her "best friends" you would have to duct tape my mouth to keep me quiet.

This is kind of a dark thought, but I wanted to throw it out here.... there has been some discussion that police may have a POI due to the fact that there hasn't been any public warning etc., about a possible abductor.

Though I was thinking... does anyone think that the police have an "out" so to speak (as in "We don't even know if there WAS a crime") which would in turn benefit the university ("There is no crime around here!") ?

I think I'm just wondering since LE has so much on their plate day to day, that they want to be sure a crime took place. I hesitate to even type this... but I'm concerned they might want to wait for a body to turn up before they do much more? In otherwords, it's NOT that they have a POI, but that they arent even sure there has been a crime.

I know that's dark! But I'm not sure they feel that a crime actually took place...

Did that make sense? LOL

Uh, why in the he%% is the percentage of blacks at the Metallica concert relevant to Morgan's case anyhow? Oh, I forgot, because there is a picture somewhere of her with a black male. :waitasec:

OMG read post completely and that poster among others have answered that question multiple times. this includes all those thanking this post.

...Let's assume that Morgan OD'd at Harrisburg, possibly through no fault of her own. Her guests for the concert panic, and decide to get rid of her body somehow. Then, they need an alibi of some sort. Some of the girls had to attend the concert so their cell phones would provide evidence to their locations. One of the girls dresses up as Morgan; she leaves the concert early, then she makes several scenes, and finally puts on a great show of hitchhiking --- all just to make it seem that MH was the victim of a predator.

The only problem with this theory is that the girls probably have clean records or could find someone who did. Bringing a friend to the ER isn't really going to hurt them. Unless some guy (or less likely another girl) actually killed Morgan somehow, and they are covering up for him (her). Maybe Morgan had suffered something much worse than a drug overdose. Maybe "I don't know, Officer, she just took something at the party ..." wasn't going to work.

Another difficulty is that this cover-up would require at least three or four people (the fake Morgan, the two girl companions at the concert and the killer) to cooperate with each other fully.

Interesting theory, Walker. That would be quite a complicated spur-of-the-moment plan, but I suppose it's doable. It somewhat relies on two things: (1) what time MH called DH to say "I made it here safely" and what time the friends turned in their tickets at the arena. I would think they'd need a pretty wide window of opportunity to all that needed to be done to cover up whatever needed to be covered up. (Burying a body takes time.)

Your theory helps along my original and lingering premise that Morgan never made it to the concert or JPJ and something happened involving her friends--so I like this theory very much. 'Cause Lord knows my theory needed work. :)

I understand your friend's fears completely.

I was attacked years ago in NYC by a gang of eight young men as I walked down 43rd street--I did nothing more than cross in front of them, and wound up beaten to a pulp. They just walked on and left me flat out, unable to move, on the sidewalk. My sense of security was robbed from me that day and for many years I was fearful in many situations and public places; my sense of security was gone. I've tried to understand this fear, and in counseling realized since that act made no sense, and I could in no way see it coming, I felt I had no way of protecting myself from another nonsensical attack occurring. KWIM? (But the way, I am doing very well now, but it took a long time to get to this place.) So, sorry for taking so long to get to the point, yes, once a sense of security is robbed, it takes a while to get it back.

Your friend's fear is normal and understandable. If it lingers though, she might find that she needs to speak with a professional to get through this. No shame in that whatsoever.

And once again on Morgan's friends, if they are afraid, they do not have to speak to the public about a potential POI. But they certainly could express sorrow and grief about Morgan's disappearance. So far, nada.

Good Lord, TruthSleuth.. that is such a horrible thing (i can't think of the words..) i understand and i am glad that you have got to the place where you are now with a good support system.
No one should have to feel like their safety is compromised..

In the case of my friend, she didn't even know Jami a whole year, yet her murder had such a profound effect on her. The lack of sorrow, grief, or emotions from Morgan's friends is chilling.

Thanks, Javabean. I so appreciate your words. No one should ever be robbed of their sense of security. You just spend your life constantly looking over your shoulder. ... No one was ever caught, no--and someone from inside the building I was attempting to enter helped by getting me up off the ground and going with me to a hospital. A simple moment--just seconds' worth of time--changed my life for such a long time.

As for Morgan, every day I get up and immediately search out news of whether or not she has been found. On the other hand, my impression is that the friends get up and simply go on with life and parties. It's an enigma.

Thanks again for your post!

BBM. I have never been assaulted, but maybe that's because I've spent my life looking over my shoulder. I seemed to know at a very young age this world was not a friendly place to women.

Sorry to hear you had to go through such a traumatizing experience.

BBM. I have never been assaulted, but maybe that's because I've spent my life looking over my shoulder. I seemed to know at a very young age this world was not a friendly place to women.

Sometimes even those who constantly look over their shoulders fall victim.
It's something that i'd never wish on anyone. No one asks to be attacked in any way shape or form, by another person(s).

Ran across this earlier today. It is an article about the parade this week-end and Morgan's friends walking in it. Notice how it doesn't say WHICH friends? If none of the core group shows up then the mystry that surrounds her friends will just deepen.

Go here;

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11616285

hmmm...i wonder if they mean the friends or just some random other people that she was acquainted with??? i agree, this should be very telling...thanx for the link! ;)

I've always thought about my safety too... Was almost abducted, along with another neighborhood child when we were 4 years old - thank goodness I knew enough to scream and scream bloody murder...

Then in my early 30's I had an unfortunate encounter in a local cemetery. I was walking the cemetery writing down names from grave markers that had the possibility of being family. A guy was following me thru the cemetery and began doing unspeakable acts upon himself... I allowed him to think that I wasn't watching him...but I had a plan... I was armed with my sturdy clipboard (to bang him in the head with if needed) my ink pen to stab him with (if needed) and had to come up with a quick plan of how to evade him and get back to my vehicle quickly.

I ALWAYS have a plan wherever I am - when I was at work, at the mall, in my home, in my vehicle...it doesn't matter. I'm always scoping out how to "get away" or where the safest place would be. I carry my keys in such a manner that I could use them to stab someone or use them as "brass knuckles"... I ALWAYS know my surroundings. Now that may or may not help me, but I do believe it helps in some way not to become a victim.

Ran across this earlier today. It is an article about the parade this week-end and Morgan's friends walking in it. Notice how it doesn't say WHICH friends? If none of the core group shows up then the mystry that surrounds her friends will just deepen.

Go here;

Thanks for the link! You know, I'm going to out on a limb and guess that her friends (the one's that were with her the night of the concert) WILL be there. It would look really bad if they did not. I'd honestly be stunned if they didn't go...

11616285_BG1.jpg

Beautiful photo of Morgan

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...archid=5f78872c-443d-45f2-828e-c8ff4261fef8l]

Lamb of God Video. Wait til the person zooms in. Check on bottom left of screen like four people in front of the middle bodyguard whos standing by some black travelling cases. Theres a blond girl with long wavy hair and black short sleeved shirt. Can be seen clearly near the 1:06 mark. SHes standing by a guy with what looks like a grayish baseball cap. They r right on top of the red lit crowd in the white lit crowd area. Shes also 2nd from the bottom left edge of frame a bit later right on top of a guy jumping up and down.

Its not Dee cause the girls hair is really long.

BUMP

I really think this might be her.

Thanks, Trident. I'm grateful that it's all good now for me. But I am always aware of my surroundings--everyday, everywhere. I'm so glad to hear you look after your well being; you're a smart woman!

I bet that Jennifer Kesse thought the same thing.

Go here;

I wonder if maybe the focus on the responses of the "friends" she went to the concert with are off base. I think the pople she went to the concert with are not necessarily bff's per se, but more acquaintances who wanted to see the show. I know I have different groups of "friends" that i do different things with.

Good eyes! Do we know if Morgan's Pantera shirt was short sleeved? Also, was this anywhere near where she was supposed to be sitting?

I have searched and searched and the ones that are on most sites are short sleeved like men's tshirts. If you look at other pics of Morgans where she wears festival or band shirts they have been regular short sleeved tshirts. I only found one site where they alter the Pantera shirts for women and make them off shoulder etc. But it was a very hard to find site so I doubt hers was one of the altered ones.

This was during Lamb of God and hearsay says that she was indeed seen near the stage during their show. I checked other videos from Lamb of God and in them you can see that the arena is pretty vacant except for the people down by the stage.

Unless of course she altered it herself. Young girls do experiment with tshirts and scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home