Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I also read the previous ones and it breaks my heart. It is so hard for a mother to go through something as horrible as having a child taken from them. I do hope they find her for her heart and mind's sake.

brought over:
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from 11/15
On December - 3 - 20091 COMMENT

To the one who has Morgan:

Evil shoots popes and presidents and snatches young girls. And those criminals are remembered with scorn… but there are heroes and courage: Be this. I know you want to do the right thing. Things have gotten out of hand. Be remembered as the one who saved Morgan Harrington. Let her go- TODAY.

Family holidays are coming we need her here. Please, please let her go.

weird

NO WAY could any of the "9" pass for Morgan! We've all seen pictures of the 9. Most of them are short and stocky, while Morgan is taller and thin. And none of them have long blonde hair. Even IF one did dress up in Morgan's clothes and somehow got their hands on a long blonde wig or extensions, not only would they look ridiculous and like a man dressed up as a woman or something, they definitely wouldn't resemble Morgan enough that people at the concert or in the parking lot would mistake them for Morgan. Imaginative theory, though.

In the attached group photo, any of the other girls could pass as Morgan to a group of strangers. But do you have a link to a photo of the nine all together?

The girls in the photo were never identified (that I am aware) but JMO they are Amanda Melvin, Sarah Snead, Morgan & her roommate Amy Melvin. Amy is Amanda's younger sister. Both Sarah & Amanda were members of the "9."

But the main difficulty with the Morgan-Double Theory is these girls would probably be too emotionally upset to carry out any elaborate scheme on such a short notice.

Did Morgan actually make it to the concert that night, though? The question seems to linger.

brought over:
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from 11/15
On December - 3 - 20091 COMMENT

To the one who has Morgan:

Evil shoots popes and presidents and snatches young girls. And those criminals are remembered with scorn… but there are heroes and courage: Be this. I know you want to do the right thing. Things have gotten out of hand. Be remembered as the one who saved Morgan Harrington. Let her go- TODAY.

Family holidays are coming we need her here. Please, please let her go.

weird

She talking as if to a kidnapper which is weird in my opinion. Have they received any calls or letters from someone saying they have her?
IMO, In this situation I would think that Morgan is not alive. That someone disposed of her. How can someone save a body? Maybe she's talking about giving her a proper religious burial so she can go to Heaven?

Anyway this is just MOO and I do hope that someone did indeed take her and has kept her alive or that she ran away. But something tells me its not the latter.

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/parents_plead_for_tech_students_return/47660/

Quote from the above link:
At Monday’s press conference, held in front of the UVa Police Department’s headquarters, Virginia State Police Lt. Joe Rader said investigators are treating the situation as a missing person case.
“We have no evidence that a crime has been committed,” Rader said.
According to police, Harrington and a friend traveled from Virginia Tech to meet a friend at James Madison University to meet a third friend. They then drove to Charlottesville to see the Metallica show at JPJ.
... Rader also said that investigators are not searching for Harrington’s car because she rode in a friend’s car when they went to the concert.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/breaking/wb/223079

Police continued to seek help Monday in finding a Virginia Tech student from Roanoke who went missing during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville on Saturday night.

Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, was last seen near the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, according to University of Virginia police.

She had gone to the concert with Amy Melvin, her roommate in Blacksburg, and another friend from James Madison University. Harrington drove.

I wonder if maybe the focus on the responses of the "friends" she went to the concert with are off base. I think the pople she went to the concert with are not necessarily bff's per se, but more acquaintances who wanted to see the show. I know I have different groups of "friends" that i do different things with.

This is true.. I have friends that I do different things with as well, and some of them wouldn't really mesh together, but I really like certain things about them individually.

There was a theory posted on another site (which I can't link due to TOS as it will show as "stars" in the website) but basically it talked about the possibility of an ex of Morgan's stalking her. That he was the reason she left the concert, and was possibily the person seen "arguing" with Morgan. (I don't have the link to the person who mentioned the argument, but it was one of the sightings by a grandmother who said she saw a girl who looked like Morgan arguing with a male and was discussed here earlier on on these boards)

The theory went on to say that she got into the car with him (she couldn't get back into the concert at this point) and bad things happened from there....

Just another take.... I guess in this scenario, it would explain WHY she left the building...

What makes them think its not a crime? I am baffled by this. If you compare other cases where peoples purses where found theres always a crime and they do not have a happy ending.

I know. I never quite understood why they didn't think a crime took place after they found the purse... maybe someone else can weigh in on that one...

I carry my keys in such a manner that I could use them to stab someone or use them as "brass knuckles"... I ALWAYS know my surroundings. Now that may or may not help me, but I do believe it helps in some way not to become a victim.

Me too. I'm 50 and my husband of 27 years is constantly amazed at how I think, when I explain to him how a woman's world is, due to safety issues. I carry a key ring with one of those tiny (5") MagLite flashlights. It can be held as a handle and swing the keys around as a pointy weapon (plus I always have a flashlight). I park in a parking lot - even at the grocery - with my driver's door facing the store door, so I don't have to go around the other side of my mini-van and out of sight. I lock my car doors when I'm getting gas if I'm alone, as people are known to open the passenger door (especially with a mini-van being tall enough to block my view of them) and grab my purse that I put on the passenger seat to get out my wallet; or worse, to get in the car and me not know it. I always drive with my car doors locked. I never pull right up the car in front of me at a stop light/sign. I want that extra 5-10' wiggle-room where I can zoom into another lane, if approached at my car window.

Do I like doing all of this? Of course not. But I WILL take charge of my own safety, and do all these little things that can make it better.

Originally Posted by Trident
BBM. I have never been assaulted, but maybe that's because I've spent my life looking over my shoulder. I seemed to know at a very young age this world was not a friendly place to women.
Sorry to hear you had to go through such a traumatizing experience.

I bet that Jennifer Kesse thought the same thing.

I really don't know where you're going with this thought ... somehow I just really don't feel comfortable with your comment. Would you please elaborate? Thanks!

After hearing about what happened with Cassandra in Lynchburg,that was abducted and killed just a week before Morgan went missing,it makes sense to me that a SK might see a big concert like that as an opportunity to abduct someone else.Do they have information in texts or Morgan's recent actions before this time to suspect she's a run away?The purse itself would indicate an abduction,I'm really wondering what they know they're not releasing.Or are they just trying to keep the public fear down knowing there's possibly still a serial killer out there.

Maybe one of the girls' BFs was a UVa BB player. He had practice near the concert that night, so he gives the group of girls (Morgan, Sarah & Amy) a ride. Morgan ends up closed out & her cell is dead, so she heads over the RV parking lot looking for him. She asks the guys if they have seen him. One of them loans her his cell. The BF picks her up on the bridge. Something happens. After the concert the other girls call him, but they have to wait for him a long time ... Morgan's car never left Harrisburg, but one of the girls is covering for their BF.

Good eyes! Do we know if Morgan's Pantera shirt was short sleeved? Also, was this anywhere near where she was supposed to be sitting?

Her ticket was up in section 312, iirc.

Floor plan: http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/seating_charts/Phish-Seating-Chart.jpg

However, if it is her on the video, it suggests being thrown out of the concert for going somewhere she wasn't supposed to (the floor when she didn't have a ticket) as a greater possibility, but LE says there's no evidence of that.

can u explain what ur saying

The statement that she hasn't become a victim because she knows evil is out there and is vigilant in her surroundings. From all accounts JK was the same. I hate to hear people, especially women feel that they are untreachable because they are paying attention.

Women unfortunately (myself included) are at a disadvantage. While i will insist I am strong and fast, (for a woman) I know that most men can overpower me. There have been times when I have felt illl at ease with particular persons, and thruthfully thinking about if that person was truly the bad person I had the feeling they were there would be very little I could do besides run. Even recently I have reallized how even more exposed i am . I am 8 mos pregnant. I still run 2 miles every morning (down from 15 miles every day before i was pg) But I am now clumsy and definitely not the agile person i was 9 months ago. I feel even more hypervigilant because i realize I am now an easy target. And what frightens me even more is that in less than 2 months i will have a constant impediment. A small infant that makes me an even bigger target. One might think that is paranoid, and the likelihood of someone picking me out is slim to none, but after reasing and researching so many cases, I feel like I am bait on a hook. I worry that on top of being encumbered physically by a child that I wont be as aware of my surroundings and such.

She talking as if to a kidnapper which is weird in my opinion. Have they received any calls or letters from someone saying they have her?
IMO, In this situation I would think that Morgan is not alive. That someone disposed of her. How can someone save a body? Maybe she's talking about giving her a proper religious burial so she can go to Heaven?

Anyway this is just MOO and I do hope that someone did indeed take her and has kept her alive or that she ran away. But something tells me its not the latter.

IMO, In this situation I would think that Morgan is not alive. I agree with you. However if it were my daughter I would have an extremely hard time giving into the concept that my daughter is dead. While that is the most realistic and plausible concept, I would imagine the ability to cope evey day and function at a reasonable level would be precarious at best if they accept this. Entirely understandable, and in this vein, begging the evil ones to do the right thing is understandable as well.

edited for typo secret agent

The scenario of an ex would possibly explain some of the statements by the Harringtons... for example when they talk about "you can be the hero".. did something go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member