Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not mistaken, it has already been discussed, and the woman that looks like morgan that is down by the stage has already publically identified herself and verified that it is her in the videos near the stage at the concert that night. (Multiple mentions in the previous threads on this case, she was even on NG I believe.)

I think the poster was talking about the "newer" video, during warm-up act Lamb of God. Still might not be her, and even if it is, it only lays to rest the speculation that she was never there, and opens up speculation (again) about why she exited.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Her leaving for any other reason doesn't make any sense. The parents said that she had had the tickets for months and was really looking forward to going to the concert. She buys a new outfit to wear to the concert which doesn't make sense to me as people are all crowded together usually standing clapping, etc, and why the new purse so that she can dance? Most people young or old don't get all dressed up to go to a concert where you don't even really pay any attention what anyone is wearing. I would bet most of the kids there were in pants and tops ready to rock. I don't know how she could have been dancing unless she was talking about dancing in place crowded between the people on both sides of you. I know it can get a little wild but why not tuck some money in your pocket if you want to buy a drink, your ticket in hand, and car keys in your pocket and you have both hands free and don't have to worry about a purse.

It bothers me that the friends weren't frantic when they couldn't find her after the concert. If she was really locked out why not have one of the friends bring her car keys to a door to give to her and she could have picked the friends up after the concert if she really got locked out? Maybe her plans did change and someone that she knew planned to meet her at the concert...outside...and she was going to go with him and meet the rest at home later. Maybe the concert wasn't the reason for the new outfit and purse. Regardless of how it came to be I really think this gal is not with us anymore. It's been to long for her not to have contacted someone by now.
I wonder if she did hitchhike even though she should have known better in this day and age but a lot of the time young folks just don't think anything could happen to them. I hope she is still alive and is just taking a break but I just have a feeling that is not the case. She did seem to be pretty close to her family. Dad still balances her checkbook.

Honestly, I don't think I've gone to a show and NOT gotten a new outfit. And the dancing business with the purse-- always at a loss as to how to have all your stuff with you yet not to have to manage a purse. Money/id/keys/tickets/cigs and lighter are tough when you only have pockets!

Honestly, I don't think I've gone to a show and NOT gotten a new outfit. And the dancing business with the purse-- always at a loss as to how to have all your stuff with you yet not to have to manage a purse. Money/id/keys/tickets/cigs and lighter are tough when you only have pockets!

Fanny packs used to be great to carry stuff, but they're a little out of style these days.

ETA: Oops, Apologies to British readers. They were also called 'hip packs' I believe.

Can't wrap my head around MH being there at a concert that she had waited months for only to "skip out" part way thru the concert to meet someone.

I'm not saying that couldn't be plausible...

But in my mind, if she was going there with intentions to meet up with someone before the show was finished and to leave with that person, then why would she have had her car there - whether she drove it or not?

And why would she have wanted to, and tried several times to, get back into the arena if she was more interested in meeting someone than seeing the concert?

And why did her friends say to DS's group that they were missing someone and those friends waited a significant amount of time by MH's car waiting for her if they really thought she was okay and had gotten the supposed ride MH supposedly said she was going to get?

I'm still wondering about the mystery guy - the supposed bf of a friend. Did he go to the concert with MH, Sarah & Amy or did he just get a ride into C'ville to go to a party? That would explain somewhat as to why he has not been identified by the media - if he had only gotten a ride and was not with them when they parked in the JPJ lot. But if that scenario be true then why has someone or LE not come out and said so?

A great example of this is the case of Gary Michael Hilton who killed a number of women, last of which was Meridith Emerson. She was a high level martial arts person, was hiking with her dog. He was 61!!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321107,00.html

Yes...such a sad and scary case....hit over the head from behind

it is that sort of drifter/creep that I do wonder about here...someone giving Morgan a ride...or just grabbing her

Fanny packs used to be great to carry stuff, but they're a little out of style these days.

ETA: Oops, Apologies to British readers. They were also called 'hip packs' I believe.

Lol. I can say I am almost 36 and have never owned or used one!

Yes...such a sad and scary case....hit over the head from behind

it is that sort of drifter/creep that I do wonder about here...someone giving Morgan a ride...or just grabbing her

All the sleuthing in the world would not have led me to believe that rickety looking old man had overpowered that strong girl. How wrong I would have been. I would imagine she probably felt the same way.

Hey I think Virginia Doll went to the Phish show at JPJ last night so she may need a few hours get home and feeling "right", it was a great show complete with naked guy running on the stage.

Some of my observations;

My ticket came "mail order" from Phish and is not a ticketmaster ticket, there is NO warning of no re-entry printed on it.

I think most ticketmaster tickets do however have that printed

Security or arena personnel appeared to be stationed at most exits, it did thin out may 20 minutes before the show was over.

Restrooms are very easily accessible and it seemed like the line was longer for the Men's room believe it or not.

We left about 15 minutes early, we weren't verbally warned of no re-entry but at that time I think it was obvious anyone leaving was gone for good, there was some activity in the parking areas with cops and staff although the parking garage was very deserted.

I've probably been to a dozen different arenas for concerts and it is just assumed it is no re-entry, once in Asheville NC somehow I managed to exit and reenter, I'm not sure how it happened but it surprised me and every I've told about it. I think I went Jedi or something.......

I remember being at an event where I didn't have cash, I saw an ATM in the lobby of the venue, the lady at the door wouldn't let me go to the ATM, warning me I'd be denied re-entry.

Why the hell did she leave, and perhaps more interesting why did she try to get back in??

Oh yeah I was in the 300's and it was no-mans land, anything goes, I'm not sure anyone actually used the smoking area, people smoked cigarettes right in their seat (and other stuff).

I am anxious to hear Virginia Doll share what she learned from locals over the weekend too!

Do we know that this disapproval DIDN'T happen? The point being if I am allowin my future child to attend a Metallica concert I know what is gonig on there. I al so realizee that my 18/19/20 year old is or has probably experimented with drugs and alcohol. That happens. I don;t particularly like the "indulgent" statement, especially when we don't know what their convo was about that.

Any large crowd is potentially dangerous. Rock concerts always have an element of danger: huge crowds of young people, drinking, drugs, fights, sometimes the angry lyrics can incite bad behavior like moshing ... Certain recent concerts have actually seen minor riots in the audience.

That being said, my friends & I never had any serious problem at a concert. But were my friends & I just very lucky? No. We always approached the event with realistic expectations and a certain caution.

No one's parents ever paid for the tickets. The parental attitude was never encouraging. OTOH no one was ever forbidden to go. Most parents looked upon the concert as an interesting but risky adventure; they might express curiosity, but never any whole-hearted approval.

Some of the parents were openly disapproving; which actually was helpful. Their moral objections helped to bolster our suspicions about such events in general. One might enjoy a concert, but the experience should be taken with a grain of salt.

Both parents should discuss the dangers of drinking alcohol & drugs with their children. The danger comes not just from actual drinking, but also just from being around people who are under the influence who will be unpredictably violent & impulsive.

Just because a parent knows that their children have tried alcohol/drugs, doesn't mean that they cannot have a talk with them about the long-term dangers of drinking and drugs.

What is "moshing"? Is that where they run into each other. I noticed that in this last video that is playing. Back where Morgan was supposidly standing there was an open area and a group of fellows were running into each other purposefully. I wondered what the heck they were doing. They seemed more happy doing it in the dark. When the lights came on they stopped. I will try and find that video.
Anyway maybe somebody young can "explain" what the heck they were doing???

What is "moshing"? Is that where they run into each other. Anyway maybe somebody young can "explain" what the heck they were doing???

Yeah that's "moshing", I always preferred the term slam-dancing but same thing... I went into a mosh pit once, my shirt got ripped, took a few elbows, stepped out and said 'that wasn't any fun'. I've never been the super-testosterone type though....

Good Afternoon!
I have a TON of information to share, and I am going to put it all in an order that will be easy to read.

After last night I have a lot of new information, and it is very particular to the conversation...my cabbie was questioned after MH went missing, as were many cabbies. I want to share this information, but can't help wonder why LE hasn't released it...I don't want to jepordize anything!

Good Afternoon!
I have a TON of information to share, and I am going to put it all in an order that will be easy to read.

After last night (I took a cab home early, this cold has finally beat me!) I have a lot of new information, and it is very particular to the conversation...my cabbie was questioned after MH went missing, as were many cabbies. I want to share this information, but can't help wonder why LE hasn't released it...I don't want to jepordize anything!

ooo! I can't wait for this ;-)

They're called 'Bum bags' here in London, and yes, they were very useful although not very attractive.

Ok...please take your time reading all of this, there is a lot of information. Some of it, I have labeled clearly as RUMORS, !

Wow alot of this corrobarates what we've been hearing/speculating, I believe another WS'er had mentioned from local sources the LE felt she often placed herself in "bad situations". The alcohol/drug thing, well that was almost a given, I mean just by playing the odds, it is kinda like assuming there was alcohol involved at a frat party.

I was also surprised that there weren't more signs around JPJ in the aftermath of MH's disappearance stating the no re-entry policy, and sadly no fliers.

If this wasn't the work of a career criminal I'd think there is an accomplice at least to the body disposal (assuming the worst here), perhaps they'll break at some point?

Hi Clare!

The comment was just a one off, conversation comment...friends who she had known for a long time are good people, who cared for her and perhaps, if it was someone she just met at the concert or in the last month of so, they wouldn't have had a loyalty to her, the way an old friend would.

There isn't any hidden meaning...

Can't wrap my head around MH being there at a concert that she had waited months for only to "skip out" part way thru the concert to meet someone.

I'm not saying that couldn't be plausible...

It doesn't make any sense.

But in my mind, if she was going there with intentions to meet up with someone before the show was finished and to leave with that person, then why would she have had her car there - whether she drove it or not?

Her father insists that the car never left Harrisburg.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/21/morgans-mystery-what-happened-outside-arena/#RV

Quote from the above link:
Morgan’s father is no stranger to Charlottesville, having served on the UVA medical center faculty and sent his other child, a young man recently graduated, to UVA. Mr. Harrington says he hopes the $50,000 reward will draw more tips.

He says that Morgan left her car and its keys :confused: in Harrisonburg, where she and her roommate from Blacksburg, Amy Melvin, met up with a friend who drove so they could all arrive together.

But I wonder how he would know where her car was that night.

And why would she have wanted to, and tried several times to, get back into the arena if she was more interested in meeting someone than seeing the concert?

Seems like she left to meet up with some guy. Maybe she was mad that she had been stood up, and freezing, so she tried to get back in.

And why did her friends say to DS's group that they were missing someone and those friends waited a significant amount of time by MH's car waiting for her if they really thought she was okay and had gotten the supposed ride MH supposedly said she was going to get?

Covering for MH; maybe for some reason, her parents hated the guy ... and it was only about midnight. Still too early to know for sure if something really were wrong, or if she was just with the guy.

I'm still wondering about the mystery guy - the supposed bf of a friend. Did he go to the concert with MH, Sarah & Amy or did he just get a ride into C'ville to go to a party? That would explain somewhat as to why he has not been identified by the media - if he had only gotten a ride and was not with them when they parked in the JPJ lot. But if that scenario be true then why has someone or LE not come out and said so?

College athletes have the worst rep these days. Maybe if Mystery Guy were going to use the athletic facilities at UVa, people would unfairly jump on him as a murderer.

Maybe MH went to the RV lot to find the Mystery Guy (or talk to some mutual acquaintance), but he had already left. Then, she headed over to the bridge ...

Why would a college campus have an RV lot anyways?

What is "moshing"? Is that where they run into each other. I noticed that in this last video that is playing. Back where Morgan was supposidly standing there was an open area and a group of fellows were running into each other purposefully. I wondered what the heck they were doing. They seemed more happy doing it in the dark. When the lights came on they stopped. I will try and find that video.
Anyway maybe somebody young can "explain" what the heck they were doing???

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mosh

Knocking into each other, slam-dancing; but also for a while it seemed they were pushing someone up over the heads of the crowd, flat on his back and the crowd would keep pushing his body along so that he would seem to float back & forth over the crowd. The person being moshed this way is totally trusting that the crowd will not let him fall; but they can suffer broken ribs & serious bruises.

Thank you so much VirginiaDoll and it totally makes sense of something went down about six months ago or parents found out some things which they were more strict and wanted her to hang out with her old friends.Also,if you've ever had any friends that got into things that you didn't want any part of and they got new friends,even though you really cared about them,you didn't like how they had changed and just got fed up,typical young people scenario.Even though people are questioning why these young people wouldn't go out to be with her,maybe they were upset about her new friends,change of behavior and just decided they were going to have fun at the concert.I think MH just wanted to have fun and went with someone to party,and something happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber