Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know it hasn't been determined if Morgan said "Don't worry about me, I'll find a ride HOME." OR "Don't worry about me, I'll find a ride." I think there is a big difference between the two.

I agree!

There was no reason for her to "find a ride" anywhere...when her car was sitting in the JPJ arena parking lot.

Maybe Morgan had arranged a "tryst" with the young man who was driving her car? Maybe that's why there are rumors she was a boy-friend stealer? Maybe he was/or wasn't in the parking lot with her car? Has LE looked very CLOSELY at this person?

For my sanity, please tell me if these are the same young men that the newspaper delivery lady saw "Morgan" with on campus late at night?

And there's also the Grandma that was picking up her son and grandson after the concert that felt she saw MH with a (possibly) Latino man.

No I was referring to a story in the Hook (sorry I don't have the link) about MH walking from the box office/arena area to UHall parking with four guys, apparently in no distress, before meeting up with the BB players. The eyewitness was a woman who was late to arrive to the concert and saw MH twice while driving in and parking.

The location of the car has been a major unresolved issue.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

Quote from the above link:

According to police, in that phone call, Morgan told her friends she was stuck outside the Arena (which, even with a ticket stub, does not allow reentry) and that she would find her own way home. Police have confirmed that a friend inside the concert had driven Morgan’s car and still had her keys. [all emphasis mine]

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

We don't know exactly why Dr. Harrington initially believed that his daughter's car & its keys never left Harrisonburg.

But in his later summary, he states that the BF of another girl (a guy named "Dan") drove the car to the concert.

Interestingly, DH acknowledges that Dan had an established relationship with some other unnamed young woman.

Speculation: Maybe Dan's reputation is being protected because he is a career athlete.

Link to DH's statement:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle. The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Evidently, DH had been told two very different stories.

Was Dan's GF also present? We have never been told the exact number of people in this party. Maybe an altercation occurred at some point; which would explain the reports of MH's minor injury, and why the other girls seem to distance themselves from MH at certain times.

Link:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...ch_effort_for_morgan_harrington_begins/60473/

From Scott Leamon, in the field
WSLS Reporter
sleamon@wsls.com

I talked with two Roanoke area people who came up to help with the search.

Roanoke County Police Sergeant Jim Herrick told me he took the day off from work to come up to search. Herrick says his daughter is one of Morgan Harrington’s nine close friends from Northside High School.

I also spoke with current JMU student, Northside High School graduate, and close friend of Morgan Harrington, Sarah Snead. Snead told me she was one of the three people in Morgan’s car on the way to the Metallica concert, and one of the two people in the car on the way back from the concert to JMU. Snead talked about Morgan’s phone call from outside John Paul Jones Arena the night of the concert, as well as how Dan and Gil Harrington have been “pillars of support” for her since Morgan disappeared.

Maybe Dan gave Sarah a ride home in MH's car? SS states that she was one of three people in MH's car on the way to the concert --- but at least four attended with their party: MH, SS, AM & the BF.

BTW: SS sounds like The Riddler: One of three who traveled to C'Ville; one of two who returned together that night ...

Let's imagine that AM and her boyfriend drove together in a separate car; would that scenario resolve these discrepancies?

Conjecture:

Maybe the guy disliked the concert for some reason ... Maybe he had some bad interaction with someone? Maybe he felt threatened in some way? Angry? He decides to leave to avoid trouble.

Perhaps the party had split up once inside the arena; therefore, the guy may not have felt that the girls were in any danger from this threat (like say some guy trying to start a fight with him).

Then Morgan goes searching for him? He had her car keys & she finds her car gone! She looks for him in the RV lot, where she thinks that maybe someone may have seen him ... If he had left the arena, and then returned, he would have been forced to park in the RV lot.

At 9:30 pm, he drives up to the bridge in Morgan's own car. For a joke, she pretends to be hitching a ride.

Two hours later, he picks up SS after the concert is over.

But where did they go during those two hours?

Walker, I agree, if a young woman is going to make a statement such as "I'll try and find a ride.." the chances are very high that she had a specific person in mind.

Thats what i would think too.. as to who, i have no idea.
She kissed her friends goodbye on the cheek before leaving and making a pitstop at the bathroom. If she was meeting a guy, then that explains the kiss on the cheek goodbye.
She had to know someone around there to say she'd find a ride, i would hope. Otherwise she would just meet back up with her friends after the concert..imo

Exactly, MeoW333. No one kisses their friends on the cheek and intends to see them later that night. She must not have had plans to see them later.

Exactly, MeoW333. No one kisses their friends on the cheek and intends to see them later that night. She must not have had plans to see them later.

I have a friend who reminds me of Morgan, the blonde hair, smokey eye makeup and she always kisses us on the cheek - hello and goodbye. So either we are arriving or leaving. In Morgan's case it sounds like she was leaving to go somewhere, hence the kiss on the cheek goodbye to her friends if that is what she did.
Maybe she had met a young man at the concert and was going to go somewhere with him for the evening, planned to meet up with him outside, this could also explain why she would say to her friend on the phone that she'd find a ride or meet them back at the car after the show(if that is what she said) she may have expected whoever she was supposed to meet to take her somewhere..imo

Check the driver.....

What seems apparent is that some person or persons lied to DH regarding the location of MH's vehicle. MH was first the possible victim of some type of assault causing injury within the arena; then, the possible victim of robbery and assault resulting in the loss of her cell phone & pocketbook, and thirdly, her vehicle was apparently commandeered without her permission. Her parents should have demanded a criminal inquiry, but instead we have been presented with the case as though it were merely a missing person case.

On a more serious note, I have read what you all have offered and realize I can't understand how all the parts fit together. There seems to be a lie in the statement Morgan made supposely about "getting a ride", not wanting her own car, roaming around, acting strange, and that other gf's bf having the keyes to her car and questions of where he went. In other words, knowing the facts to this case has only confused me more. IMOO, I think the investigation needs to keep pressing everyone in contact with Morgan during the time, starting with the friends, sorry, but I think there's more to their story.

On a more serious note, I have read what you all have offered and realize I can't understand how all the parts fit together. There seems to be a lie in the statement Morgan made supposely about "getting a ride", not wanting her own car, roaming around, acting strange, and that other gf's bf having the keyes to her car and questions of where he went. In other words, knowing the facts to this case has only confused me more. IMOO, I think the investigation needs to keep pressing everyone in contact with Morgan during the time, starting with the friends, sorry, but I think there's more to their story.

Curious Me, I've got to agree with you on this whole business. Nothing fits.............I feel the same way about Morgan's friends as I do Brittanea Drexel's friends and Natalie Holloway's friends. They know a lot more than they are saying. For one, I believe that they were all doing drugs, thus they all agree not to tell the truth about what was REALLY going on. When you have the missing person's closest friends not willing to disclose everything and anything to help find the missing girl, then you get the same results as these three cases have, which is nothing. Those friends of Morgans' are not telling the entire story of how Morgan got outside of the building. I do not for once believe that she was just going to the restroom, not for a minute. I believe that she was meeting someone to pick up party drugs for all of them. I'm the mother of two girls, now grown, and remember very, very well how friends can keep the truth from coming out. My youngest daughter was missing for seven weeks. LE were certain after finding her vehicle that foul play was a factor. My daughter's closest friend stuck to her story and would not budge for the longest while. I decided to confront her alone without her parents and had to actually threaten to whip her *advertiser censored** to finally get the truth out of where my daughter was. A thiry-eight year old man had my daughter hid in his house. Now, I'm saying again that Morgan's friends know a hell of a lot more that they are willing to give out. LE needs to take them in and scare the living daylights out of them and get to the truth. Right now. Today. They should not be allowed to leave until they talk.

We couldn't be more serious.

Problem with this case is that a lot of the rumors are being accepted as fact. We don't know with certainty (for example) that MH kissed anyone goodbye that night. The strange reports about her behavior may be exaggerated, partially true or simply not true.

HOWEVER according to Dr. Harrington, a guy called "Dan" drove his daughter's car that night.

Link to DH's statement:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...Virginia-woman

Quote:
At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle. The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Previously Dr. Harrington had made the statement that the car and its keys remained in Harrisonburg. How would he know the exact the location of his daughter's car keys? Evidently, some person or group of persons deliberately and intentionally deceived him regarding the whereabouts of the vehicle.

We could probably understand if her companions were confused when MH didn't meet up with them that night, and therefore, "borrowed" her car to drive back to Harrisonburg; but lying about the location of the car to DH is highly suspicious.

LE needs to take them in and scare the living daylights out of them and get to the truth. Right now. Today. They should not be allowed to leave until they talk.

I agree. Seems to me that there is evidence to support certain felony charges.

The pocketbook and cell were probably thrown from the window of her own car after the abductor drove into the RV lot from the bridge. The abductor broke the cell & took the battery, and then grabbed the open pocketbook from her hands.
That's why it looked as though the contents were just spilled out on the ground.

Curious Me, I've got to agree with you on this whole business. Nothing fits.............I feel the same way about Morgan's friends as I do Brittanea Drexel's friends and Natalie Holloway's friends. They know a lot more than they are saying. For one, I believe that they were all doing drugs, thus they all agree not to tell the truth about what was REALLY going on. When you have the missing person's closest friends not willing to disclose everything and anything to help find the missing girl, then you get the same results as these three cases have, which is nothing. Those friends of Morgans' are not telling the entire story of how Morgan got outside of the building. I do not for once believe that she was just going to the restroom, not for a minute. I believe that she was meeting someone to pick up party drugs for all of them. I'm the mother of two girls, now grown, and remember very, very well how friends can keep the truth from coming out. My youngest daughter was missing for seven weeks. LE were certain after finding her vehicle that foul play was a factor. My daughter's closest friend stuck to her story and would not budge for the longest while. I decided to confront her alone without her parents and had to actually threaten to whip her *advertiser censored** to finally get the truth out of where my daughter was. A thiry-eight year old man had my daughter hid in his house. Now, I'm saying again that Morgan's friends know a hell of a lot more that they are willing to give out. LE needs to take them in and scare the living daylights out of them and get to the truth. Right now. Today. They should not be allowed to leave until they talk.

lonetraveler, you have been through alot, and know from actual experience what goes on with the friends keeping secrets. I salute you for demanding answers and the rescue of your daughter.

Can't help but agree with you that the buying of concert drugs could have been the real reason Morgan went off in the first place. Why keep it a secret if your friend is now missing and in danger? From what you say, and the case examples you give, I have to agree it seems like the friends should darn well know more. The thing is even if it had something to do with drugs, it wouldn't be right to keep quiet about it. We may need you to talk to them. At least, you finally got answers.

I'm the mother of two girls, now grown, and remember very, very well how friends can keep the truth from coming out. My youngest daughter was missing for seven weeks. LE were certain after finding her vehicle that foul play was a factor. My daughter's closest friend stuck to her story and would not budge for the longest while. I decided to confront her alone without her parents and had to actually threaten to whip her *advertiser censored** to finally get the truth out of where my daughter was. A thiry-eight year old man had my daughter hid in his house.

LT, I am shivering just thinking of all you went through. I wanted to let you know how very much appreciated your story is, as it helps us refocus and not think that our Mom-hinky-meters are way off in this story. Peace to you and your family. :hug:

I agree. Seems to me that there is evidence to support certain felony charges.

The pocketbook and cell were probably thrown from the window of her own car after the abductor drove into the RV lot from the bridge. The abductor broke the cell & took the battery, and then grabbed the open pocketbook from her hands.
That's why it looked as though the contents were just spilled out on the ground.

IMO, since Morgan's friends don't go public and make the normal pleas for her return they are making themselves look suspicious.
I don't think they had anything to do with Morgan's disappearance aside from being bad friends in that they couldn't go meet up with her when she was stuck outside, for whatever their own selfish reasons are.

Since they stay out of the media, they incriminate themselves since we have no means to judge them on (aside from that video of SS and her coldness) we really don't know what goes through their heads. Normally friends should have survivor's guilt and would be pleaing to all sorts of media for Morgan's safe return.

If Morgan's friends could actually speak out for once, maybe they wouldn't be so suspect on these boards and others.

When i say friends, i mean soley the 3 that were there with Morgan that night. It's their silence that makes people think them shady.

In reality, since the don't talk, we know nothing, maybe they have helped LE, maybe they haven't.
I don't think they deliberated offed Morgan. I think they made some bad decisions a few times that night that were due to selfish reasons.

Even if Morgan was going to meet someone outside the arena, when that didn't happen and she called stuck outside, her 3 friends there could have volunteered to join her outside. Instead SS suggests ways for Morgan to sneak back inside.. first mistake right there. They leave their friend alone stuck outside the concert.

Morgan kissed them goodbye, sounds like she was leaving the arena, the bathroom was probably a pitstop for her before she was going to go meet whoever. That would explain her friends not using the buddy system and going with her to the bathroom. If she had told them she was leaving to meet up with someone. (Going with this scenario)
Once she gets outside, and whoever she meets isn't there, the friends could have offered to stay with her since she couldn't get back into the arena. That's their mistake.

Walker, as for her friends tossing her cell/purse, IMO i doubt that's what happened. What motive would all 3 of them have for killing their friend? It just doesn't make sense. AM was Morgan's roomie and they had to have at least an amicable relationship or better to live together as long as they did without having one move out on the other.

I think Morgan met up with someone, and it was the wrong person. Maybe some type of Natalie Holloway scenario, i don't know..

My prayers for the Harringtons, as this has to be horrific for them, especially around the holidays..

bump for Morgan!! :(

I've really been thinking about her a lot this weekend. I hope that we have some good news (closure) in this case soon.

IMO, since Morgan's friends don't go public and make the normal pleas for her return they are making themselves look suspicious.

That alone doesn't mean anything. People seems to get upset that her "friends" apparently mistreated her; but we don't know if she really considered them friends or not. The term "friend" is being tossed around lightly. As mere companions, they are not obligated to make any public statements.

JMO: maybe people sentimentalize college (or late-teens) socializing too much.

However, the fact that at least one of these persons lied to DH is suspicious.

I don't think they had anything to do with Morgan's disappearance aside from being bad friends in that they couldn't go meet up with her when she was stuck outside, for whatever their own selfish reasons are.

Since they stay out of the media, they incriminate themselves since we have no means to judge them on (aside from that video of SS and her coldness) we really don't know what goes through their heads. Normally friends should have survivor's guilt and would be pleaing to all sorts of media for Morgan's safe return.

If Morgan's friends could actually speak out for once, maybe they wouldn't be so suspect on these boards and others.

It's not their silence, but rather the fact that at least one of them lied to DH brings suspicion on them.

Morgan kissed them goodbye, sounds like she was leaving the arena,

This incident has not been verified as fact.

the bathroom was probably a pitstop for her before she was going to go meet whoever. That would explain her friends not using the buddy system and going with her to the bathroom.

People tend to project niceness onto these girls, as if all girls are nice girls.

Walker, as for her friends tossing her cell/purse, IMO i doubt that's what happened.

Why the plural here? I meant that ONE particular individual picked her up on the bridge in her own car, drove into the RV lot, grabbed her cell, broke it, took the battery, and then grabbed her purse & threw it out the window.

What motive would all 3 of them have for killing their friend? It just doesn't make sense.

We don't know the full story, but HE must have been extremely angry. Maybe his perception was that she was flirting with some other guy in the arena. Or he was jealous of her wealth & that she owned her own car, and so forth. She was probably a lot smarter than him, too.

AM was Morgan's roomie and they had to have at least an amicable relationship or better to live together as long as they did without having one move out on the other.

AM possibly may not have been aware of what was going on (since possibly she came & left with her own BF). We shouldn't name particular people. Someone however lied about the location of the car and its keys that night.

I again think that the "friends" may have told all they know...and are keeping out of the limelight since with the internet and the way pictures/videos go "viral" they may wish to protect their own reputations

maybe the "friends" were doing drugs, drinking underage, hooking up....and they don't want this known

expecting "friends" at that age to leave a concert and lose their seat is silly

expecting the arena to be responsible for people who are told there is "no re-entry" is just silly too.....if they allowed re-entry there would be a lot more dangers (drugs/weapons) allowed back in...not to mention lost revenues

expecting the bb players to "call the cops" on a girl who was drunk?? let's get real....there are people drunk on college campuses all the time....who wants to be a "rat"?? she was not passed out...she might have been woozy or acting silly but they are not about to call cops for that..

what is , is....at 20 she was pretty much responsible for herself....this is not a child abduction here, let's get real
I feel sorry for her parents...maybe the friends "lied" to them in the beginning to spare their feelings..

let's look at the happy ending case in Oak Brook Ill...where a 20 year old gal left a club and was on a 3 day ?? bender? party? drug fest?? I don't know...maybe she was held against her will...but now it is pretty hushed up

these things happen....at the "moment" 20 something friends won't "rat out" friends...they will try to protect their own rep and the rep of the "friend"

Booze, drugs, and youthful optimism has been the downfall of young people for ages...

sometimes things just happen in the wrong way, wrong time, wrong person...I personally think that Morgan accepted a ride from some guy she "sort of" knew...or a guy from her school...a "friend of a friend"...no one knew that she met up with him...this may have been happenstance

and then something went horribly wrong....I think he raped her...and killed her when he realized she would tell/prosecute him

sad to say I don't "see" any huge conspiracy here....no ulterior motive by the "friends"...
no plot, no plan....I do think that maybe Morgan left the arena to buy drugs/get booze or something...and met up with a "wrong guy"

I go by the most simple solution here...Occam's Razor....the logical solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member