Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seems too risky. With all of the national media attention, it seems somebody would have reported that they and/or their friends spoke with her that night. Like how the BB players have gained attention. Or is that what you are getting at, one of the BB players doing it?

Without making any accusations, I'm saying that (or someone else she interacted with who was in a group but then wasn't) is at least a possibility...but I agree that random/opportunistic makes just as much sense, given what little has been revealed.

Here is a new article on Morgan’s disappearance. It is written by a woman named Ann Flaherty. Apparently she has received permission from the Harrington family to write a series of articles about Morgan and what has occurred to date. She is not only writing but asking the readers to become involved as well.

This article contains the facts as given to her by Dr. Harrington. There is not much that’s new in it but it says that Morgan’s debit card was found in her purse. The credit/debit card question is an old one, first brought up at the initial presser but never answered. Note that there is no mention of a credit card, just the debit card. I had not heard that the debit card was found.

Link here;

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

The part of the article that I am interested in learning more about is how did Morgan get injured and was crying in the Rest Room. Did she mention her injury when she called her "friends" to explain she was not being allowed back into the concert? I'm trying real hard to understand these events, but it is one of the more frustrating cases so far.

Thanks for everyone posting. It helps untangle this somewhat.

Snippet from article:
Two bands played before Metallica, Morgan was present for these sets. Before Metallica played, Morgan left the group to go to the rest room. A witness reports seeing Morgan in bathroom upset/crying and it appeared as if she had been hit (she apparently fell and cut her chin). At 8:20-8:30 she left the arena for unknown reason and was unable to gain reentry.

Outside the arena, Morgan had a phone conversation with Sarah inside the arena (battery still in phone) and Morgan stated she had been locked out of arena and was unable to gain reentry. Morgan told her friends she would find a ride home or call a friend. No other phone calls were recorded. However, during this time she also texted a male friend in a town 60 miles away. That individual has been excluded as a person of interest in this case by the Virginia State Police.

Here is a new article on Morgan’s disappearance. It is written by a woman named Ann Flaherty. Apparently she has received permission from the Harrington family to write a series of articles about Morgan and what has occurred to date. She is not only writing but asking the readers to become involved as well.

This article contains the facts as given to her by Dr. Harrington. There is not much that’s new in it but it says that Morgan’s debit card was found in her purse. The credit/debit card question is an old one, first brought up at the initial presser but never answered. Note that there is no mention of a credit card, just the debit card. I had not heard that the debit card was found.

Link here;

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

At above link, we finally get a first name (at least) of the young man who attended the concert with the girls. Dan, ("he was the designated driver of Morgan's vehicle").

The article also states that Sarah was the friend that Morgan was on the phone with at 8:48pm while Morgan was stuck outside.
SS's coldness, or lack of emotion in that one video stays a lot, so does the fact that if was Sarah that Morgan talked to in the phone call.
If you do a side by side comparison of both of them (this IMO only) i can see possibility that SS may have been jealous of Morgan, who was attractive. SS isn't that attractive at all, IMO.
Maybe if Morgan had called Amy, possibly they would have at least got her her keys or back inside. So all we know that when Morgan called her "friend" Sarah for help and was stuck outside the arena, the least Sarah could do was suggest entrances for Morgan to attempt to sneak back inside. I honestly think their is some level of dislike, based on jealousy or whatever from SS towards Morgan and this is why we see this level of coldness from SS, especially in that video.

Morgan texts a young man in a different city. Why not keep texting or calling her friends inside the concert, as she went there with them, they took her car, and they are the closest physically to her right then?

Was there some type of tension that night going on between Morgan and her friends who attended the concert with her? Or maybe one of them?

Amy shared an apartment prior to this with Morgan, so i would guess that she had to like Morgan to some level, even if it was just get along acquaintance level.
SS didn't share an apartment with Morgan.

Is it possible some high school rivalry between the girls was going on that influenced decisions that night? SS says in the video something to the extent of "well obviously if we knew..." nonchalantly.
Here is the video that features SS talking in regards to Morgan:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...ch_effort_for_morgan_harrington_begins/60473/

As Morgan's father said it seems to be a bunch of different bad decisions by different people that led up to the outcome (Morgan missing).

As reformed Forensic Files addict, I can not tell you how many times a case was solved after reevaluating a person's alibi.

I just read about the scary case of Katie O'Conner....the young woman missing in Chicago

I am struck by the fact that both these gals were 20....Katie seems to have been at a nightclub, using a fake id...at 20 they are probably NOT used to drinking socially...when they can drink they may go "all out"...of course in Europe (and in many states here years ago) the age is 18 (or younger)...and people learn to drink more responsibly...wine with dinner etc , drink with the family]

Only in the USA do we send young people to war at 18 but make them wait till 21 to drink...makes me wonder sometimes <grin>

I have the same "feel" about poor Katie as I do about Morgan...that they both took off with a guy they barely knew...or knew "of"...or friend of friend or even friend of friend of friend....or a guy they had "met" but "connected" with in some way...

but a guy who their friends (or "so called" friends) didn't "know" they were leaving with???

As reformed Forensic Files addict, I can not tell you how many times a case was solved after reevaluating a person's alibi.

OMG.. .ROFL!!!! The 'reformed Forensic Files addict' comment is hilarious! Of course, this is coming from a current 'Forensic Files, Snapped, 48 Hours etc' addict!! Thanks for that ! :)

I just read about the scary case of Katie O'Conner....the young woman missing in Chicago

I am struck by the fact that both these gals were 20....Katie seems to have been at a nightclub, using a fake id...at 20 they are probably NOT used to drinking socially...when they can drink they may go "all out"...of course in Europe (and in many states here years ago) the age is 18 (or younger)...and people learn to drink more responsibly...wine with dinner etc , drink with the family]

Only in the USA do we send young people to war at 18 but make them wait till 21 to drink...makes me wonder sometimes <grin>

I have the same "feel" about poor Katie as I do about Morgan...that they both took off with a guy they barely knew...or knew "of"...or friend of friend or even friend of friend of friend....or a guy they had "met" but "connected" with in some way...

but a guy who their friends (or "so called" friends) didn't "know" they were leaving with???

Back in the day the drinking age was 18 in the USA until they changed it to 21. This occured in 1984, when the minimum drinking age was changed to 21 when the Federal Uniform Drinking Age Act was passed in Congress.

I also believe that you can drink at 18 if you are in the military (Marines for example) however i'm not sure if this applies to all sectors.

I think a good question to ask ourselves is: With all the searching that went on why was there no battery found?

I don't think the purse was pilfered through you guys. Pilfering people would have taken the debit card! If this is the case:

1. That ups the chances that her purse was not moved many times, maybe were it lay was where the perp threw it, after all. (Or where Morgan lost it.)

2. Just speculating... could be that the battery was missing intentionally, (Otherwise searchers would have found it. IMO the odds are pretty slim that an individual picked up a random cell phone battery and kept it. I'm thinking the odds are increasing that the perp had the battery at some point, and disposed of it.

Or am I missing something here?? :waitasec:

Re: the alleged text to a male who lived 60 miles away. Interesting that H'burg is approximately that far away.

If I was 22 again, and I was supposed to get up with my Dad the afternoon after a concert, I would NOT hitch directly home to Roanoke, showing up at 1:00 a.m. or whatnot.. There is no way I would want to explain that"Uh, yeah I got stuck outside the concert and hitched home."

IF i decided to leave Cville for whatever reason, I would head to Hburg so that in the morning I could meet up with Amy and drive back to Roanoke and Dad would be none the wiser.

In other words, her heading toward Hburg is I guess somewhat plausible. Could the text have been to a guy whose house she might want to crash at? Yes.

There are two main ways to get to Harrisonburg from Charlottesville. One is route 64 west, the other is up route 29 to route 33. I can't see her texting somebody in the opposite direction of towns she several known ties to.

But honestly, I would have used my debit card to buy an extra ticket, or waited right out front of the arena, if I had maxxed that card out.

When we think of "the friends group of nine" that leaves 8 after Morgan but only two were involved, with Morgan that night. Only two aren't talking. Sarah and Amy, Morgans roommate. Isn't Sarah the one who's father is LE.

The more you say the deeper the hole you dig. I think they are receiving counsel to not speak. Is that right..I think for them yes but for Morgan no.

MOO

Earlier i had mentioned that the daughter of LE was Amy, however i stand corrected and it is neither of the girl's that were present that night.
The LE father is of one of the "9" however that girl did not go to the concert that evening with Morgan.

The link here with the video of SS also mentions the LE father and shows him in the clip as well he mentions his daughter was friends with Morgan 10 years.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state...ch_effort_for_morgan_harrington_begins/60473/

Re: the alleged text to a male who lived 60 miles away. Interesting that H'burg is approximately that far away.

If I was 22 again, and I was supposed to get up with my Dad the afternoon after a concert, I would NOT hitch directly home to Roanoke, showing up at 1:00 a.m. or whatnot.. There is no way I would want to explain that"Uh, yeah I got stuck outside the concert and hitched home."

IF i decided to leave Cville for whatever reason, I would head to Hburg so that in the morning I could meet up with Amy and drive back to Roanoke and Dad would be none the wiser.

In other words, her heading toward Hburg is I guess somewhat plausible. Could the text have been to a guy whose house she might want to crash at? Yes.

There are two main ways to get to Harrisonburg from Charlottesville. One is route 64 west, the other is up route 29 to route 33. I can't see her texting somebody in the opposite direction of towns she several known ties to.

But honestly, I would have used my debit card to buy an extra ticket, or waited right out front of the arena, if I had maxxed that card out.

I heard that she had insufficient funds in her bank to be able to use the debit card however i'm not sure if it's true, if anyone knows the link for that that would be great.
MountainMama, what if the guy she texted was a friend she would say, was comfortable with to "vent" to?
Also he wasn't present there so if she needed to vent about a friend who was present, texting someone not near the area, possibly maybe not good friends with the ones there might be appropriate, i really don't know..

If Morgan was upset about her fall when she was taking pictures and it was true she was crying on line for the bathroom, you'd think she'd want to go to her friends that were with her.. i really think there was some kind of tension that night, or maybe Morgan just didn't want to bother them or bring them down. It's sad that if she was upset, she didn't turn to the friends who were there with her for whatever reason. (Maybe they weren't caring enough, or at least self absorbed at the time?) She was roommates with Amy so you'd think they'd have to have a relationship of some sort to some amicable degree there, however you never know i guess..

If it is true and the witness who saw her crying around the bathroom is correct, this could have potentially been a perfect oppurtunity for the "knight in shining armor" perp who would come to her "rescue". I am using metaphors to try to explain this.. some smooth talker might come up and be sympathetic to her, when in reality, he had other interests that weren't in the best for Morgan in mind. He sees an upset attractive girl by herself.. not good.

I heard that she had insufficient funds in her bank to be able to use the debit card however i'm not sure if it's true, if anyone knows the link for that that would be great.
MountainMama, what if the guy she texted was a friend she would say, was comfortable with to "vent" to?
Also he wasn't present there so if she needed to vent about a friend who was present, texting someone not near the area, possibly maybe not good friends with the ones there might be appropriate, i really don't know..

If Morgan was upset about her fall when she was taking pictures and it was true she was crying on line for the bathroom, you'd think she'd want to go to her friends that were with her.. i really think there was some kind of tension that night, or maybe Morgan just didn't want to bother them or bring them down. It's sad that if she was upset, she didn't turn to the friends who were there with her for whatever reason. (Maybe they weren't caring enough, or at least self absorbed at the time?) She was roommates with Amy so you'd think they'd have to have a relationship of some sort to some amicable degree there, however you never know i guess..

If it is true and the witness who saw her crying around the bathroom is correct, this could have potentially been a perfect oppurtunity for the "knight in shining armor" perp who would come to her "rescue". I am using metaphors to try to explain this.. some smooth talker might come up and be sympathetic to her, when in reality, he had other interests that weren't in the best for Morgan in mind. He sees an upset attractive girl by herself.. not good.

There was a lot of discussion (I think on the FB page) about MH's meeting the next day with DH to "balance her checkbook," and some who were supposedly in the know said that she had overdrawn her account buying groceries, but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

MeoW333, you are reminding me of some thoughts I had earlier on.. that perhaps the perp was inside the show at first.

To me, the most baffling thing about this entire case is Morgan supposedly saying
"Don't worry about me, I'll find a ride home."

The best explanation is that there was tension between her and her friends. It could have contributed to the crying. I agree, SS appears smug in that video. And perhaps slightly enjoying her 15 minutes, if you watch it carefully she smiles a few times. Weird.

Knock it off!

You guys know by now not to post FB links to innocent parties.

Hoppy
mod

Apologies, Hoppy frog, I thouht if the link didn't have "stars" it was ok. I'll re-check the TOS.

MeoW333, you are reminding me of some thoughts I had earlier on.. that perhaps the perp was inside the show at first.

To me, the most baffling thing about this entire case is Morgan supposedly saying
"Don't worry about me, I'll find a ride home."

The best explanation is that there was tension between her and her friends. It could have contributed to the crying. I agree, SS appears smug in that video. And perhaps slightly enjoying her 15 minutes, if you watch it carefully she smiles a few times. Weird.

picking up on that thought, I'd like to know a bit more about the guy she supposedly kicked - maybe she had reason to kick him and maybe it pissed him off a bunch. It was reported he called his girlfriend (or wife) telling her about this girl kicking him... so it must have really bothered him??? Just seems out of her character, unless she was drunk and maybe he put his hands on her and she pushed him away or kicked him away, and following this line of thought.. could be why she headed away from there rather than waiting right there in front of the arena.

That's s good point. I also think that it must have physically hurt to fall and hit your chin (or walk into something etc, but I'm recalling the account of how someone who fit Morgan's description was seen to fall).

She may have been somewhat embarrased to be seen crying. It may be as simple that she deliberately headed outside (by herself or with someone's urging) just to get some air after that, not really thinking about the "no re-admittance" policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1