Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay. Thank you. What are the rules? Can information be relayed from social media (without posting links)? Or is that prohibited?

The reason they want info through MSM is because it's usually verified, sometimes social media isn't always correct in their posts. However most of the time it is correct if it's from family and close friends, and you get a better picture of what's going on. It's best just to keep the info, and when MSM catches up and posts what you already know you can talk about it here. ;)

One thing that has plagued me about this case is the VSP's use of the term "MISSING AND ENDANGERED ADULT". As far as I know, VSP has said that foul play is NOT suspected at this time. If this is the case, why are they using the term "endangered"? Could this be known mental instability of NM?

I believe in this case they are referring to the circumstances only. She's not necessarily challenged mentally or physically, but if she's missing in this area she is likely to be endangered. That would come from the experience of the agencies performing numerous search and rescue operations in the area.

I have been to White Oak Canyon only a couple of times, and once was nearly pushed aside by a team carrying an occupied litter up the trail, didn't hear them coming from behind due to the noise from the waterfall.

did she mention she was heading there to anyone before or at least during her long drive there?

Sometimes you just wake up and go, or at least that's me. It's what I did Saturday. I heard the sirens from the fire in the south while I was backcountry. Sometimes people don't want to worry their folks or they don't want a lecture or whatever. Some people don't care for being told "Be careful".

And as for the long drive, it was 2-1/2 hours for me from Newport News. There's always some place closer but to some Shenandoah is sacred ground.

Sometimes you just wake up and go, or at least that's me. It's what I did Saturday. I heard the sirens from the fire in the south while I was backcountry. Sometimes people don't want to worry their folks or they don't want a lecture or whatever. Some people don't care for being told "Be careful".
I can understand that. I have done so in the past myself, but that's when the drive was no more than a half hour. It's the presumed drive time that's nagging at me I guess.

I can understand that. I have done so in the past myself, but that's when the drive was no more than a half hour. It's the presumed drive time that's nagging at me I guess.
I did a little edit above regarding drive time, I guess while you were posting this.
Yes the drive can be challenging too, especially coming home in the dark after a hard day hiking in the mountains.

Gotta think a woman NM's age, in that kind of physical condition and with fire and rescue related training wouldn't be the easiest target for random crime. Statistics is what I'm left with here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily.

My sons girlfriend is an EMT and her most glaring character flaw, as far as I can see anyway, is that she's extremely overconfident in her own abilities.

I can see where that would be an asset in that line of work especially, but it could also be a double edged sword.

I just read the report at http://www.wusa9.com/mb/news/local/...g-woman-at-shenandoah-national-park/141397277

The hikers comments stuck out to me in this, and I hope that LE questions him. Might be nothing, and I seriously hope it is, but his words came across as unnecessarily callous. A woman is missing, for a little over 4 days at that time, and he mentions another murder and says its been a long time since there's been any "excitement" in the park???

At the very least that was a very poor choice of words.

Certainly wouldnt be the first time that a perp inserted themselves into an investigation either.

Just catching up here, but is there any other reason to assume she went on the trails other than her vehicle being found at/near a trailhead? I know she is an athlete and going on trails may not be uncommon for her, but did she mention she was heading there to anyone before or at least during her long drive there? Though the following answers will likely be kept close to vest, I wonder if LE have been able to verify whether or not any of her workout clothes and/or running/hiking shoes are missing as well. Was post trail hydration and etc. found within her vehicle as well? I don't like where my head is going with this.

OT

I love your signature.

I think I think too much.

Great minds.

I believe in this case they are referring to the circumstances only. That would come from the experience of the agencies performing numerous search and rescue operations in the area.

That doesn't fit the timeline, she was immediately listed as missing and endangered Friday. Her car was found there Saturday evening.

Not necessarily.

My sons girlfriend is an EMT and her most glaring character flaw, as far as I can see anyway, is that she's extremely overconfident in her own abilities.

I can see where that would be an asset in that line of work especially, but it could also be a double edged sword.

Is she a paramedic and a firefighter?
or
Is she a paramedic with fire rescue?

Only asking because if she was a firefighter she would be in tip top physical condition IMO

Strange...why can I see it. I guess because I am a registered FB user. Basically, Nicole's sister in law make a comment on another post that her brother (Nicole's husband) was the one who heard from her on Wednesday. I know there has been a lot of speculation that the Dad received the last contact.
Her dad has said he was her last contact Wednesday and the last hit they got on her phone was right around the same time. I'd be more inclined to believe his firsthand account.

Her dad has said he was her last contact Wednesday and the last hit they got on her phone was right around the same time. I'd be more inclined to believe his firsthand account.

But it was a text message! I believe.
Anyone can send a text.
funny its not being said what the text message read.

Usually we hear....

I don't usually text my mom or dad I call them. I wonder if texting them was out of character for her or something she did often.
I'm sure she didn't mention going for a run because they would have alerted ppl to be looking in these places?

Was her husband working that day?
I have so many questions?
Are her running shoes home?
Clothing?
GPS on vehicle? U can trace where she went.

What I find very strange in this entire case is all they say is she LOVES her job and would never miss work.

She has a husband I have not heard them mention him at all.

Odd!!!!

I have a question regarding texting. I just got a new Samsung Galaxy note and one of the features for texting is delayed sending. I can longhold press the send button and I have the option to send it immediately or in the future by minutes or hours. My question is, how does the location of where my delayed text get affected by that? Will it ping from where I originally created it, or will it ping from where it was "sent" officially in the future. I'm not sure if all newer phones have this feature but I wonder if it will create issues for LE in helping find missing persons. I hope it doesn't become a stumbling block. Technology is wonderful but also a burden. 🙁. Praying they find her soon.

or

Only asking because if she was a firefighter she would be in tip top physical condition IMO
I think it's been established she was in very good shape. Doesn't mean she's immune to a fall, getting lost, or suicide.

What I find very strange in this entire case is all they say is she LOVES her job and would never miss work.

She has a husband I have not heard them mention him at all.

Odd!!!!

Why is mentioning her work strange? Her husband has been mentioned, he's a state trooper.

Why is mentioning her work strange? Her husband has been mentioned, he's a state trooper.

Well grsz
A woman goes missing.

r love for her job but what about he love for her husband?

Why not She would never leave him They are a wonderfull couple.\

I know what the husband does I'm very aware... Not saying he isn't a great guy.

He didn't report her missing for some time so I was wondering if he was working while she was off?
did he call her or attempt to call or text her?

JusT normal questions!

And ALL my own speculation

or

Paramedic with fire rescue.

You have to have a certain amount of confidence to make split-second life or death decisions all day long. Im not knocking anyone for that, just pointing out that it could lead to overconfidence in certain situations.

I think it's been established she was in very good shape. Doesn't mean she's immune to a fall, getting lost, or suicide.

Or being caught in a bad situation.

Its hard to rattle or trip people up when theyre working.Its another thing entirely when people are faced with situations or circumstances theyve never encountered before.

That was kind of my point about being overconfident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper