Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some previous thread writer thought she was found somewhere flat. I understand now it was "treacherous rocky terrain".

In what direction from the trail? Eg North or South West.

And are there any meadows or fields near there or below it perhaps for someone to maybe think flat or no heights.

We don't know the direction from the trail,but based on the terrain it would likely be somewhere East of the trail, as to the west is flowing water that can't be crossed, the trail continues to the north, and the parking lot is to the South. This is a generalization of the directions but the trail runs "generally" north from the parking lot.

There are no meadows or fields in that area of the park. It's rocky, hilly, and thick forest all the way around.

so sorry MissEhrmann. Glad you are here with us.
I initially stated I thought a suicide as I had a friend (that was a thread here in WS some years ago). Just from what the social media, news etc was stating (or not stating). My friend left notes but it was not mentioned in the news when she was being searched for. To everyone, they thought she was happy (my friend) but close family and friends new via the notes she left, that she was depressed, in pain (autopsy showed 17 gallstones), over spent (notice the day before she went missing house went into foreclosure), etc. Not always do they leave a note. My friend also acted totally normal the night before she left, telling me she was taking an umbrella to walk with our kids the next morning for their walk to the high school play field trip (she used to watch my son, her girls and the neighbor girl). RIP Nicole, may you be free of your pain whether physical or mental.

Very hopeful that NM story sheds light on the lack of compassion everywhere but most especially local. I hope some of those work meetings will be addressing issues surrounding NM for years to come.

In response to a previous post regarding suicide, depression, and mental issue, I do believe anyone who would be able to take their own life indeed suffers with at least mild mental illness to be so deep and dark. There is such a stigma around depression and being sad. Depression isn't truly about being sad. Depression IS a medical diagnosis. It is an illness state of thinking. Depression is a chemical imbalance and very much needs medical treatment. It does not go away because someone is happy and come when someone is sad.

http://psychcentral.com/news/2006/11/09/depressions-chemical-imbalance-explained/398.html
7f8fc68b76c5357c4ab039bd58349347.jpg

It is a sad outcome really. Feel strongly for her family and it is truly a tragic loss of a young life.

Suicide isn't, and I am no expert, always about someone being depressed or hitting rock bottom though.

I know of a newly married couple that did it because they wanted to die in that state of absolute happiness.

Therefore, I question it when some start to bring mental illness into it, because some have committed suicide in the most happiest of states."

If you commit suicide just because you are happy and never want that happiness to end, I am thinking you are mentally ill.

If you commit suicide just because you are happy and never want that happiness to end, I am thinking you are mentally ill.

Mental illness isn't an opinion or a social label, it is a medical diagnosis. It is important to be careful and responsible when you describe someone as mentally ill; that description should, ideally, come with a medical diagnosis.

Thinking differently than others does not make you mentally ill. Committing suicide does not mean that you have a mental illness. It's very important to remember that in order to be able to more effectively prevent suicides and help those who are suicidal.

My heart is heavy with the news of Nicole's tragic ending. I hope her family and friends find some solace knowing she is at peace now. I am sending many prayers of courage and strength for all of them as they each begin their personal journey with grief.

Also leaving much love here for all of the others that have lost loved ones to suicide. It's one of those clubs no one ever wants to be a part of and it's a lifetime membership. ♥

My heart is shattered for Nicole and her family. May she rest and peace. She is no longer suffocated by her sadness anymore.
My heart and mind are with her family. My husband committed suicide almost a year ago and I find that the guilt and those thoughts and feelings of I caused this somehow , what could I have done different
, never go away. It's an ache and a torture I'm not sure you ever surpass.
One thing I have learned ok this journey is that the person doing this is not selfish. In their mind they are doing this because they feel it is best for everyone. They feel like they are a burden , they are unneeded that life is better without them. That includes kids and spouses.
I will hush now ... But I am praying for her family and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge hugs. I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing the insight you've gained. :heartbeat:

My heart goes out to Nicole's family and friends.

Very hopeful that NM story sheds light on the lack of compassion everywhere but most especially local. I hope some of those work meetings will be addressing issues surrounding NM for years to come.

In response to a previous post regarding suicide, depression, and mental issue, I do believe anyone who would be able to take their own life indeed suffers with at least mild mental illness to be so deep and dark. There is such a stigma around depression and being sad. Depression isn't truly about being sad. Depression IS a medical diagnosis. It is an illness state of thinking. Depression is a chemical imbalance and very much needs medical treatment. It does not go away because someone is happy and come when someone is sad.

I agree. My first husband killed himself and at the time I read some articles about research going on in different labs about the actual structures of the brain being different in people who kill themselves v. people who make attempts but are 'found' before any real damage is done v. people who have no suicidal ideations or problems with depression. I believe there is something to that. RIP Nicole.

I agree. My first husband killed himself and at the time I read some articles about research going on in different labs about the actual structures of the brain being different in people who kill themselves v. people who make attempts but are 'found' before any real damage is done v. people who have no suicidal ideations or problems with depression. I believe there is something to that. RIP Nicole.

I am very sorry about your first husband, what a tragedy :(

I am one that was surprised Nicole took her life.I thought she had been hurt by a perp.After I heard things that she might be dealing with,I reconsidered to a degree.I have now learned from her and some of you depression affects people in entirely different ways.What might really surprise you is that I have clinical depression.You can tell when I am really depressed,because I look like I just got out of the bed when I finally do.Exercise no way,self care very little,while I force a smile just to show I'm still alive.I am always on an even keel with my meds,never truly happy So when I think about and look at Nicole I say no way ,until now

A friend's son committed suicide...he was one of those who hid his inner turmoil well. Sometimes there are hints before, sometimes hindsight is 20/20, and sometimes the loved ones are so blindsided. In this young man's case, he left a note. His mother told me that he wrote that he didn't want to end his life, but that he just wanted to stop the pain (the source of which we've never learned). Heartbreaking.

I agree with the poster above who said we as a society need to be kinder to one another.

State Medical Examiner's Office also officially confirming body found yesterday in Shenandoah Park is that of Nicole Mittendorff

BREAKING: Medical Examiner releases cause of death for Nicole Mittendorff: "suicide-hanging".

Those tweets were posted by

Jeff7jeffg

Don't know why my posts don't include him

Jeff Goldberg ‏@abc7jeffg [video=twitter;723615189766135810]https://twitter.com/abc7jeffg/status/723615189766135810[/video]
BREAKING: Medical Examiner releases cause of death for Nicole Mittendorff: "suicide-hanging".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back