VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of pics of DE online and they all look pretty much the same - same hair, same face, etc. (I just picked one to compare it to) Except this one. Notice the markings on the right side of his nose and what looks like a scratch on his right cheek. Not to mention the dark circles under his eyes. No question in my mind, he was in some kind of physical altercation very recently. The mark on his cheek actually still looks kind of pinkish/red.

attachment.php
I hate to say it, but I saw that pic and thought more along the lines of drugs and picking at his face, something I see far too often in my town.

I hate to say it, but I saw that pic and thought more along the lines of drugs and picking at his face, something I see far too often in my town.

I lean toward it being mostly teenage acne in the mugshot and a photoshopped senior pic (you can tell it was definitely smoothed over and fixed to some degree).

Also, I would assume they might do drug testing for college athletes. Might be easy to cheat on (get someone else's urine for sample), but who knows.

He's on the cross country team at Virginia Tech, although they've taken his team profile offline right now. It's hard to believe he'd be into drugs in a big way. He may have been in a struggle recently. :(

I'm wondering if the mug shot just looks so horrible not due to drugs, but her dying (from lack of medicine) and him being completely stressed out and not knowing what to do, being awake for days.

RIP baby girl...my heart breaks for this girl. I have a daughter the same age and it breaks my heart to realize this young lady will never get to grow up and see life outside of the harsh world of being a teen!! Fly high....

I know it's likely her internet activities played a role in this. But, we don't know for sure yet. I agree it's always productive to discuss how to keep our kids/teens safer, but I don't know that we are making safe assumptions when we say that her Internet behavior led to this tragedy. Just something to think about while this news is still so fresh.

I'm wondering if the mug shot just looks so horrible not due to drugs, but her dying (from lack of medicine) and him being completely stressed out and not knowing what to do, being awake for days.

It's probably grasping at straws but I'm leaning this way too. It's so hard for me to imagine (guess I've been away from here to long) a kid that busted his butt on the field and in the classroom for 4 years to earn a spot at Tech, in the engineering program no less, throwing it all away like this. Hopefully the PC will answer some of our questions.

ETA - before info about him was released I did not believe that Nicole snuck out. I was leaning towards her sneaking someone in and them removing her and that darn blanket (that has bothered me from day 1) from the room to get rid of DNA. I'm torn here.

Yea from looking at other pictures I don't see any acne marks or blemishes, I really think it's scratches & lack of sleep. But let's face it, mugshots aren't taken to glamorize a person, they are usually taken at a person's worst.
Idk whether he killed her or not, so until it's proven he did, I'm going to try my best to be open minded, and yes I said TRY! I just hate to see this kid drug through the mud if he's not guilty or if her death was not due to him, I feel there's more behind this, maybe we'll find out more when the pressed comes out.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I know it's likely her internet activities played a role in this. But, we don't know for sure yet. I agree it's always productive to discuss how to keep our kids/teens safer, but I don't know that we are making safe assumptions when we say that her Internet behavior led to this tragedy. Just something to think about while this news is still so fresh.

It seems almost astronomically unlikely that her internet activities didn't play a role in this, in my opinion. This is a guy who knew exactly which window to knock on, and she was ready for him, and when you look at the voluminous sexualized internet activity, it's hard not to put 2 and 2 together.

I agree, but even if it didn't lead to this happening directly, I'd have to guess that the insecurity/desperation/naivety behind her internet behavior somehow was related... Like if they met at the mall and she had no "fear" of strangers or much older guys. Now she may not have known his age. Heck, he may not have known her age, but she had previously dated a 15 year old and an 18 or 19 year old, if my memory serves me. (From Facebook/IG). And while 13 to 15 is only two years, that is middle school and high school, which IMO is a huge difference.

I'm just very sad and sorry that she will not have a chance to grow up and then look back on this like we all have with our pre teen and early teen behavior, and say "what was I thinking?!"...

Agreed - we don't know for sure YET. However, based on what we HAVE seen, she was playing in dangerous territory, even if she was still at home with her minion blanket.

It seems almost astronomically unlikely that her internet activities didn't play a role in this, in my opinion. This is a guy who knew exactly which window to knock on, and she was ready for him, and when you look at the voluminous sexualized internet activity, it's hard not to put 2 and 2 together.

I do agree with everything you said, I just had to put it out there.

Does anyone know if the Presser will be live streamed, and where?!

I'm flip flopping again here. True freshman (not transfer students) are required to live on campus so it doesn't seem likely this kid could have stashed her somewhere alive all this time.

I do agree with everything you said, I just had to put it out there.

Does anyone know if the Presser will be live streamed, and where?!

Glad you put it out there - it's always a good reminder not to jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

I can't seem to find out if it will be live streamed anywhere - tons of links but none are saying "watch here live" or anything like that.

I'm flip flopping again here. True freshman (not transfer students) are required to live on campus so it doesn't seem likely this kid could have stashed her somewhere alive all this time.

To tag on to what you said, I'm going throw this thought out there. It's wildly speculative, so take it for what it's worth. Maybe her medication wasn't as imperative as we were led to believe. Perhaps it was a tactic by LE and the family, because they knew someone had her and they wanted her returned. Perhaps if he or they thought she could die any day now, they would give her up so they don't face an ever harsher punishment if she passes while she is with them. But, sadly this didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay