VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think teaching kids about what to look for in a fake profile might be helpful? I'm not saying that will have anything to do with Nichole and DE, but many of the "guys" she was talking to on that Facebook site were definitely fake profiles (rather, the pictures were more than likely stolen).

One we've used for mobile devices is Mobile Guardian (not the free version, the annual subscription version). Tons of parental controls and easy to access from your desktop.

Oh NO! So very sad for Nicole and all who loved her.

No! No! No!

Does anyone else think teaching kids about what to look for in a fake profile might be helpful? I'm not saying that will have anything to do with Nichole and DE, but many of the "guys" she was talking to on that Facebook site were definitely fake profiles (rather, the pictures were more than likely stolen).

My children are grown now, but that is something that I did with them when they were teens. I took the reality approach to teaching them dangers. I never really hid the harsh realities of the world. Age appropriate, of course.

Oh no! This is heartbreaking news. I'm so sorry for her family and for her that it ended this way. Rest in peace, little girl. So sad.

Poor Nichole. Young girls are in such a hurry to grow up, and our internet based culture enables that to a truly frightening degree.

I know how it feels to be lonely and insecure at that age. You're just so terrified that no one will ever love you, and it fogs your judgment... that fear can so easily lead you to trust the wrong people. I'm not saying that is what happened, but it does seem likely in this case.

Rest softly, little girl. No one will ever hurt you again. 😓

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My heart is broken. She survived so much only to lose her life like this. The little girl that tried so hard to be grown up will now never get the chance.

It's a lot easier controlling/monitoring social media, computers, phones when kids are younger. Once they become teens, they are often more savvy than their parents. I belong to a safe school consortium and it encompasses elementary thru high school topics. I'm constantly amazed at the technology our kids know about. There are calculator apps on phones that parents don't even know about that kids use for sexting and passing pictures. Most parents wouldn't even know about this. Too bad for my kids.

Nicole's parents may have had no reason to think she was on all of these dating websites. For all they knew, she was in her room watching Justin Beiber videos. Hopefully, this is a wake up call for parents. I regularly go thru history on our computers, phones and am looking for the latest and greatest filters. I am not naive to think I know everything this type of thing.

It's a lot easier controlling/monitoring social media, computers, phones when kids are younger. Once they become teens, they are often more savvy than their parents. I belong to a safe school consortium and it encompasses elementary thru high school topics. I'm constantly amazed at the technology our kids know about. There are calculator apps on phones that parents don't even know about that kids use for sexting and passing pictures. Most parents wouldn't even know about this. Too bad for my kids.

Nicole's parents may have had no reason to think she was on all of these dating websites. For all they knew, she was in her room watching Justin Beiber videos. Hopefully, this is a wake up call for parents. I regularly go thru history on our computers, phones and am looking for the latest and greatest filters. I am not naive to think I know everything this type of thing.

+1 to all you've said here. Fact is, parents DON'T always know what their teens are doing - that hasn't changed since the beginning of time. The one big difference these days is, many teenagers are inviting strange men into the house via technology. What's even more maddening, is that MOST of them know exactly what they're doing - but think they're too smart for anything bad to happen to them. Many (if not all?) of them lie about their age to access certain kinds of apps, and many of them use the fake apps designed to keep their naughty little habits a secret from parents.

It's not as if these teens are accidentally stumbling into this adult world where pieces of garbage predators hang out waiting for a chance to exploit them. They go there on purpose. They post the seductive pics on purpose, and they know all of it's wrong because they do it on the sneak (multiple accounts, hidden accounts, etc.). It's SO frustrating :( All you can do is talk to them, show them articles online where the last girl (take your pick, sadly there's TONS of them to choose from) met some loser online and she ended up raped or worse, tell them to be SMART, to avoid this stuff, etc. and hope and pray they listen.

I have 7 kids, and 5 of them are really really net-smart. One of them is still learning (our youngest, she's 12) and one that doesn't listen to a word I say. She scares the life out of me - but she's an adult now (18) and there isn't much I can do. No matter how much information you give your kids (and no matter how scary the truth really is), eventually they make their own choices to either follow the advice, or not.

How devastating. This is so sad. I'm so sorry Ms Nicole Lovell. May you rest in sweet peace. I pray Justice is swift and severe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The find Nicole FB is now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devastating news! A little girl who wanted love and thought a boyfriend was the way to find it.

An athletic star normally has few problems finding dates in college, so why turn to the Internet ?

Two families are broken hearted and their lives are changed forever over actions their children made.

It would seem there will be more charges coming for him. Nichole has now found the love she was seeking.

Decided to go back and look at where her apartment was. That is very close to the school. I'd imagine there are even some students living there.

Anyone have a link to which station might be best for the presser at 9:30?

There are lots of pics of DE online and they all look pretty much the same - same hair, same face, etc. (I just picked one to compare it to) Except this one. Notice the markings on the right side of his nose and what looks like a scratch on his right cheek. Not to mention the dark circles under his eyes. No question in my mind, he was in some kind of physical altercation very recently. The mark on his cheek actually still looks kind of pinkish/red.

eisenhauer.jpg

I wonder if the more professional looking picture is "fixed up" like photoshop or airbrushed? But I do agree he looks like he's been awake for days, whether it's due to drugs or stress/lack of sleep who knows? I am gonna see if I can find a picture that's less studio like

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie