VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible they met at the mall earlier that day? She went to the mall with a gal pal, right? Maybe they first met at the mall or they met online and she brought a friend for the first meeting and then felt safe enough to sneak out to see him again that night.

I do have a sinking feeling that her kidnapper has been arrested, yet, she has not been found.
That certainly sounds reasonable, and like something a lot of girls her age might do. Not that it necessarily counts for anything, but if that last photo on her IG is from the mall on the day she went missing, she doesn't appear to be dressed for a first time meet-up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I understand attorney client privilege but if the attorney tells him don't talk and he knows something that would help find her, but he is protecting his client and won't say anything also. Could he be charged too? Anyone with legal knowledge on here can answer that for me. I have worked with kids ages 12-17 that are considered at risk or have been in minor trouble with a mentoring program after school and summer but the legal system is way over my head so I was just wondering about how that works

OMG........just catching up.......holy cow......where is she ?

This is so tragic in so many ways. But to have escaped death once by receiving a life-saving transplant... That poor child. His lawyer needs to be the catalyst for Nicole being found!

I understand attorney client privilege but if the attorney tells him don't talk and he knows something that would help find her, but he is protecting his client and won't say anything also. Could he be charged too? Anyone with legal knowledge on here can answer that for me. I have worked with kids ages 12-17 that are considered at risk or have been in minor trouble with a mentoring program after school and summer but the legal system is way over my head so I was just wondering about how that works

Good question.....maybe the LE will offer a deal......tell us where she is and we won't give you the DP.......not sure if Va. Has it or not.....

After looking at her Facebook, she has several male friends from out of state. No real female friends on her account from out of state. Where is she finding these boys? They're literally from all over. I wonder if it's KIK or something else. I don't have the option to look at her "recently added" friends. Might be a clue.

IMO

I'm sure he didn't, too. Just a very strong feeling they "met up" on the internet and this was their first meeting. What was he expecting to pick up, from her window? A woman? A girl?

I do not think it mattered who he picked up.... It isn't as if he met her for the first time at the window and said, "Wowzer! You're too young. I am outta here." I would be shocked if this was someone Nichole knew. IMHO, he met her online sight unseen. She thought it would be an exciting hook-up, he had other thoughts. She must have had this planned beforehand. Nichole is at an incredibly difficult age and coupled with insecurity, made her a sitting duck.

I am so frustrated by these stories and heartbroken at the same time.

If he did meet her for the first time that night and was in the dark about her true age, it may be possible that he drove around with her for a little while as he built up to the awkwardness of explaining that she was way too young for him. She seems to be very emotionally fragile from her sm accounts... it could be that this crushed her, and she decided to run off on her own? So maybe he genuinely doesn't know where she is?

Just speculating... I'm not saying that this is likely. I'm just trying to think somewhat more positively, because the other scenarios in my mind right now are truly horrifying. :-(

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm sure he didn't, too. Just a very strong feeling they "met up" on the internet and this was their first meeting. What was he expecting to pick up, from her window? A woman? A girl?

He had to know it was a young girl, if he had honestly thought it was a woman and then he sees her and her minion blanket because she still has the little girl appearance and no way does she look like some teenage girls that appear to be grown, then he should have immediately left or contacted the authorities so they could talk to her family. He is a smart guy as far as academics and if she had duped him online then seeing her in person, he had enough sense to know she was a child and smart enough to haul *advertiser censored* or be responsible enough to contact someone. No he knew exactly what he was doing!!! I wonder if she is the only one he has done this too or if it was his first try at it. I hope there are not any other girls and this was the only one, thank God they have him regardless so he can't continue.

It does not sound good that he's not talking. If she had been alive when he left her or she left him, surely he would tell. I'm almost positive we will hear tragic news very soon. So sad :(

I actually know the answer to this. ;D

If the attorney has information that points to an ONGOING crime against a juvenile, he has to report it. If he believes she's being held somewhere, alive, he must report. And he would want to, because that would save his client being charged with murder in her eventual death from liver disease at this point.

There was a case here, baby Brandon Baugh, where all this was made abundantly clear because LE had reason to think the baby had been dumped alive by a babysitter, and the lawyer knew the baby to be dead, but was only kind of saying that in code and not clearly, hoping to broker a deal for her client the babysitter in exchange for the location of the remains. Sheriff Terry Keel body slammed the young petite attorney who was running through the parking lot with the map that would lead to the baby, and everyone turned an absolutely deaf ear to her outcry that she had been assaulted and her rights were denied. The upshot here is, LE has the right to information if it's believed the minor is alive and in danger, and doesn't have the right to the attorney's information if the victim is already deceased and so the crime is over, not ongoing.

Gotta love Terry Keel.

He had to know it was a young girl, if he had honestly thought it was a woman and then he sees her and her minion blanket because she still has the little girl appearance and no way does she look like some teenage girls that appear to be grown, then he should have immediately left or contacted the authorities so they could talk to her family. He is a smart guy as far as academics and if she had duped him online then seeing her in person, he had enough sense to know she was a child and smart enough to haul *advertiser censored* or be responsible enough to contact someone. No he knew exactly what he was doing!!! I wonder if she is the only one he has done this too or if it was his first try at it. I hope there are not any other girls and this was the only one, thank God they have him regardless so he can't continue.

It will be interesting to see how this all works out. I really don't believe, if he had met her before, he would have been at that window. What happened then, is anyone's guess. It's the black of night, he can't see her. At some point fairly quickly, it must have become obvious she is a child.

They've charged him with abduction which means they have info. What could it be? Phone records tie him to her? SM conversations?

I actually know the answer to this. ;D

If the attorney has information that points to an ONGOING crime against a juvenile, he has to report it. If he believes she's being held somewhere, alive, he must report. And he would want to, because that would save his client being charged with murder in her eventual death from liver disease at this point.

There was a case here, baby Brandon Baugh, where all this was made abundantly clear because LE had reason to think the baby had been dumped alive by a babysitter, and the lawyer knew the baby to be dead, but was only kind of saying that in code and not clearly, hoping to broker a deal for her client the babysitter in exchange for the location of the remains. Sheriff Terry Keel body slammed the young petite attorney who was running through the parking lot with the map that would lead to the baby, and everyone turned an absolutely deaf ear to her outcry that she had been assaulted and her rights were denied. The upshot here is, LE has the right to information if it's believed the minor is alive and in danger, and doesn't have the right to the attorney's information if the victim is already deceased and so the crime is over, not ongoing.

Gotta love Terry Keel.

Thank you so much that makes sense to me now! Terry Keel sounds like a real life Clint Eastwood character! The world would be a better place if we had more Terry Keels and less do it by the book rules and the attorneys don't get me started on them, I think most of them think it's a game and all about the win!!

Does David drive? Does he have a car or access to a car? If the answer to either is yes then that needs looking into closely.
If not, how did they travel from Nichole's house? Check the route between her home and his dorm for starters. As someone else said, there's not much room in a dorm to hide a child (at 13 she IS a child).
What would make such a young star-in-the-making go bad like this? He's obviously into fitness, *speculation* are illegal substances involved? Not excusing, just trying to find a reason :(

http://www.admiss.vt.edu/frequently-asked-questions/

Freshmen are allowed to have cars, though I do not know if he does or not. I would bet he does, based on fact that he is from Maryland, and most Virginia Tech students I know and have known are from inside the state (obviously), so would be more difficult getting a ride home, unless using public transport.

I have to wonder if he didn't come inside her room for awhile, based on the door being blocked. Maybe he did that, not her. I don't want to go down that path too far until we hear more, but maybe he used the minion blanket to carry her out?

I have to wonder if he didn't come inside her room for awhile, based on the door being blocked. Maybe he did that, not her. I don't want to go down that path too far until we hear more, but maybe he used the minion blanket to carry her out?
Oh wow, I never thought of that theory 😢

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Whether Nichole went with him willingly or not we don't know but either way, David has been charged with her abduction. It might have started off with both parties being willing partners but I'm wondering if perhaps something went wrong due to Nichole not having her meds and maybe David panicked? Will be interesting to follow this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay