VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I feel so bad, was so hoping for a different outcome. The families involved are all in my thoughts, even the perps families are victims here....I cannot imagine that call coming in, telling you your child is an alleged murderer.

I am really bothered by how he got NK to go along. My best friend since I could walk is a male, we have MANY deep dark secrets over the years that only us two know about each other (mostly really stupid things)....but, if he ever told me he killed someone or someone died while in his company and he wanted me to to help dispose of the body....omg that just would not happen. Either I would talk him into turning himself in if it was by accident, or I would tell him to buzz off (not in those words). I cannot imagine how this enfolded to where she was willing to involve herself, even if she loved him all her life. IMHO

I really don't think he killed her in her bedroom. She lived with her mom and grandfather. They stated that they believed she moved the dresser in front of her door and climbed out of the window.

If she willingly climbed out of her window to meet someone - at what point would they consider it abduction? (which is one of the charges)

That dresser thing has been bugging me. How does a 4 foot 8 girl move a dresser? One of my kids has a pretty small dresser (from Ikea, so not made of heavy materials either) and it is still crazy heavy.

DE moving it or helping her made sense to me, but it also makes sense that nobody was in her room and Nicole climbed out. It likely isn't a very big apartment so the risk of someone hearing something would be quite great if someone would come in her room to hook up, or with other nefarious plans.

I find nothing creepy about DE in the video. I'm around kids all the time and nothing stands out to me.

Many, many kudos to LE in this case. Though completely heartbroken for Nichole and her family, I am glad that suspects are in custody, and without bail. I do not believe that there was anything accidental about Nichole's death: I think DE is a very dangerous psychopath, who knew exactly what he was doing. He comes across very much as a narcissist, not only in his television interview, but in the newspaper articles (also about his high school cross country career) that have been posted upthread. I work on the campus of a NCAA Division I school and interact with some of the country's top college-level athletes on a regular basis; I would describe most of them as confident, some of them even arrogant, but not in the way this dude is. He completely creeps me out.

By the way, I went to high school (my 25th-year reunion is coming up ... ;)) with a guy, who took all the AP classes, was the star quarterback, handsome and went on to play golf for an out-of-state Div. I college on a full scholarship. He never had a steady girlfriend in high school, and I actually found the dude to be quite a pompous jerk, so that must be why, I reasoned at the time. After college, he came back to our home state, went to law school, and then left again and became an attorney in another state. A few years ago, it was announced via our HS class group page on Facebook that he had passed away suddenly; he had shot himself in the head after the FBI executed a search warrant at his home for child *advertiser censored*. And this is who DE reminds me of ....

I'm a small female and move furniture all the time. She could have just pushed it slowly. Or pulled it.

Oops: This was in response to JanetElaine's post.

The Teen Dating group is indeed still up. I wouldn't recommend going on there in public or at work as there is lots of nudity etc. Pretty bad all around, can't believe it's still up.

Yep I snuck out a few times as a 14 year old to be with a 17 year old. At the time I of course did not feel I was being taken advantage of. Now as an adult I have different feelings on the whole thing. The teenage years are very confusing.

I had a best friend who lost her virginity at 14 to a 21 year old in the back seat of his mustang :/

I was in my mid-teens when the Internet started coming around (AOL, palace chat), and had a 27 year old try to get me to send him dirty pix. I'm so glad technology was too old and slow. When I think back on it it makes me sick. I hope and pray I can guide my daughters to stay away from this kind of dangerous shtuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's ever wise to try to "diagnose" someone with something based on a video clip.

I've also never heard the phrase "brushed with autism" so I'm not exactly sure what that would even mean.

I will be interested to hear more about this man. But we will never know what went on inside his head. Many people hide aspects of themselves from other people in their lives. We never know what dark thoughts a person may or may not have. Maybe he is just a bad person to the core. Maybe he has wrestled with dark thoughts for years. Maybe he does have some sort of mental disorder. Maybe he doesn't. We don't really know much about him at all yet.

My guess is she's a minor so him transporting her away from her home without her parents' permission is the moment at which it became abduction.

The abduction statute here in VA is pretty much as simple as holding someone against their will, if only even for a second. An example would be grabbing and holding someone's arm as they're trying to leave, or, standing in front of a door so they can't leave the room. It isn't always as horrendous as hog-tied, duct-taped, and in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a small female and move furniture all the time. She could have just pushed it slowly. Or pulled it.

Oops: This was in response to JanetElaine's post.

Yeah, like if it was a hardwood type flooring, or on a rug maybe... or maybe even carpet I guess. I think I'm leaning towards her having had help moving it, but that doesn't have to be the case.

I'm going by my own experience - I can move our couch, fridge or even stove quite easily, and they're not small. But that Ikea dresser is a pain in the neck to move, especially if you wanted to do it quickly and quietly.

At the same time I'm thinking this is all probably info LE already has and they're just not releasing (yet?). They did find foot prints outside her window, but that doesn't mean they were all the way forthcoming about how many sets. I think they know exactly if anyone else has been inside her room or not.

Do we know if the divers found anything in the pond? That news release has been haunting me all day.

I think this is a case of two people who were not getting the attention they wanted from their own peers so they looked outside of it. For Nicole, I doubt she was getting attention from the boys at her school so she looked to the Internet. I think people are also exaggerating about how many girls David could get---I heard someone saying he could get thousands of girls at VT. Um...no, I have no doubt there are thousands of girls who are looking to hook up, it doesn't mean that David would be their choice. I know plenty of guys in college and I now work with all guys in their early-mid 20's who are attractive, good personalities and have a hard time getting hookups. I know all of their lack of success on Tinder lol. On Tinder, there are thousands of guys to choose from---what would make David stand out from guys who are much hotter? So I wouldn't be surprised if he thought that when he got to college, he would have a new girl every night, and when that didn't happen, he started looking for other methods to find girls and looking at girls who were much younger than him. Like ok, the bar scene, the Tinder app isn't working...let me see if I can get some attention from young girls on a FB page for teenagers. It's also possible that David was getting attention, but not from the girls he wanted.

Imo. She was a baby and not a girl. Jmo.

I showed the clip to my sister, she has a degree in psychology, and didn't tell her why, but asked what she thought about him. Her reply: Sounds like a smart and cocky golden boy but wonder why he keeps needing to show he can do it. Something insecure deep in there.

I reported it earlier to FB due to sexual content. Guess it worked. It was disgusting.

There were a lot of people that reported that page in the past day or two. It was really disgusting. So glad they shut it down.

I also know lots of young men (early to late twenties and a few 18/19). And they would not consider going out, hooking up, or talking to a 13 year old, for lack of same age conquests.

She was not 17 and a few months away from being "an adult". She was 13 and looked and sounded like it, or maybe even younger. She had a Minions blanket.

If there was a sexual element (and I'm betting there was based on her very sexualized Facebook, IG, etc), then he is not just some "desperate" guy or "unlucky in love". This would make him a pedophile. (All hypothetical)

I put together a quick map showing the location of where Nicole was last seen, the Virginia Tech campus, Rt 89 in NC, and the hometowns of both DE and NK. Does anybody know where she was found along Rt 89 in Surry county? If anybody has anything they want added. Please let me know.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

The map is zoomable and you can switch the base map between satellite and map view.

ETA: Found out that she found in Lowgap, NC and added that to the map. https://mtairynews.com/news/37340/missing-virginia-girl-found-dead-in-lowgap

We don't really know much, yet. We don't know the COD or the MOD, we don't know what LE is searching for in the pond (or if they found it, or who told them to search there), we don't know the full involvement of NK, and we don't know why the charge of 1st degree murder.

It is first degree murder to kill another by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary, or abduction.

See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/virginia-law/virginia-murder-laws.html#sthash.5TvBxh2H.dpuf

Poison - could have been alcohol or drugs, lying in wait? Got me on that one... imprisonment (wouldn't let her go and she died due to organ failure?), or the person dies in the commission of any one of those other awful things. I seriously doubt it was premeditated, but who knows, maybe it was?

We don't know if Nichole moved her own dresser, and left on her own or if DE was actually in her room (although I tend to think she moved the dresser and went out the window to meet him). We don't know how Nichole ended up where she did or who took her there - DE or NK? Both? Who's car? What day?

I suspect they'll both be before a judge tomorrow and we'll likely learn a bit more as to the specific charges. I believe his will likely include SA. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth