VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From her mother:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

It looks like the people in school who bullied her succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: because of their bullying Nichole fled to internet chat rooms where she met this crazy--instead of being socially involved with other people her own age.

This is very sad. And it really adds a missing piece to the puzzle here. Another reason she was looking for validation and acceptance from strangers.

I hope the other students who bullied her have learned a very important lesson and that this will stop them from ever doing it again.

A few things. I agree with whoever said she probably wasn't killed at home. There were people there and you'd think they would hear something.

Also, someone said maybe he needed his friend's car. Well if that's the case, how did he get to Nichole's? Campus bus? I mean he doesn't live far from her apartment, but it would be a long walk. Also, there was a lot of snow on the ground, so not exactly a walk one would want to make.

Do we know if he was at her apt complex or is this an assumption? Could be she snuck out and met him somewhere (esp if she was leading him to believe she was older). Even if there was a lot of snow, maybe it didn't stop her - esp if they were meeting close to her apt.

I'm not sure I'd say "pedophile" considering most 18 yr old boys are not very mature, and most 13 yr old girls these days often come across as MUCH older (look, act, speak, etc). Yes I know that's a blanket statement but it's an "in general" observation from a.) once being a 13 yr old girl and b.) having 7 kids and seeing how different boys and girls are at these different ages.

Now if he was 28? Totally different ballgame. Pedophiles actually prefer their prey to BE young, appear young, act young, etc. Nichole (while really still a baby at 13) appeared to try pretty hard to give the impression she was much older than she was.

Here's the thing, as I understand it. A pedophile is interested in children's bodies, and the actual age is unimportant. So a guy who's very interested in a 13 year old who has a woman's body isn't a pedophile, he's an immature jerk who might end up in jail. This girl was on the cusp. She wasn't shaped like a 7 year old, but she also didn't look like a fully developed woman. And she was, mathematically, a child.

But I've seen cases where men go after leggy statuesque 16 year olds and they're called "pedophiles", which isn't the case. They're felons, for sure, but not pedophiles.

I'm not sure why there are posts implying anyone might think it "normal" for an 18 yr old to be attracted to a 13 yr old but I sure as heck hope no one got that impression from anything I said. I'll be the last one on the planet to defend DE, but I do think we need to be accurate instead of throwing out labels like pedophile, sociopath, etc., when we don't even have all the facts yet.

Could he in fact be a pedophile? Of course he could - but we don't actually know that as fact. We don't even know if she was sexually assaulted.
Could he in fact he a sociopath, psychopath, or riddled with some other mental disorder? Sure. Something else we don't know yet either, however.

moo, of course, usual.

I'm not sure why there are posts implying anyone might think it "normal" for an 18 yr old to be attracted to a 13 yr old but I sure as heck hope no one got that impression from anything I said. I'll be the last one on the planet to defend DE, but I do think we need to be accurate instead of throwing out labels like pedophile, sociopath, etc., when we don't even have all the facts yet.

Could he in fact be a pedophile? Of course he could - but we don't actually know that as fact. We don't even know if she was sexually assaulted.
Could he in fact he a sociopath, psychopath, or riddled with some other mental disorder? Sure. Something else we don't know yet either, however.

BBM: You're absolutely right. I guess we need to wait for the autopsy results. I got ahead of myself as sadly, I can't imagine any other reason he would take her from her home. I just took a couple of weeks off of W.S. I think I need to step away again. Sometimes these cases involving kids are just too much for me to take. My apologies. :blushing:

:stop:

At this time we do not know COD or if sexual assault was a factor. The cart is way ahead of the horse here. Time to rein the pedo debate in.

moo, of course, usual.

You are totally right about labeling DE.

I suppose I made some posts regarding this because I saw up thread some talk about guys just being desperate for a hookup and it being a thing to just look for younger girls when hose your own age won't go out with you. Which I don't think is really a thing normal males do. If not a technical pediphile, some sort of sexual predator.

But again, all speculation until we hear what happened. However, I think we all knew she must have met him online. And we all know that there is a very good chance this was all a sexually motivated thing.

Your post just made me think of something! What effect would alcohol have on a young girl who had a liver transplant?

it could lead to rejection of the organ or liver failure, but i think it would take time for the alcohol to affect her liver
she looks so young in the pics i've seen! no way i could think she was 18!

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

From her mother:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

It looks like the people in school who bullied her succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: because of their bullying Nichole fled to internet chat rooms where she met this crazy--instead of being socially involved with other people her own age.

(modsnip) We can question why parents don't monitor their kids' online activity but with sm exploding, there is no way that some parents can keep up/understand what is going on.

Here's the thing, as I understand it. A pedophile is interested in children's bodies, and the actual age is unimportant. So a guy who's very interested in a 13 year old who has a woman's body isn't a pedophile, he's an immature jerk who might end up in jail. This girl was on the cusp. She wasn't shaped like a 7 year old, but she also didn't look like a fully developed woman. And she was, mathematically, a child.

But I've seen cases where men go after leggy statuesque 16 year olds and they're called "pedophiles", which isn't the case. They're felons, for sure, but not pedophiles.

And, I'll add to this, if he spent 5 mins or less on her social media accounts, he'd she that she was more on the child end of the spectrum than a young woman. Her pictures and comments all show childish immaturity - with a couple of little pouty come hither poses that don't quite work because of her age. He had to have known she was a young child.

I don't know if he's a pedophile or not. I don't really care either. Just glad they got him.

From her mother:

Well this just gets sadder and sadder. The article does answer some questions - it doesn't appear David Eisenhauer had in fact met her before he lured her out of her room. "Met her online". It's very sad that she was so bullied by her peers - I was interested in a comment (by her uncle?) in one of the first articles about her disappearance that everyone loved her, when kids met her they instantly became her friends, etc. I thought at the time, that can't be true looking at the little bit of social media. So there was some denial about her being rejected by her peers.

I'm surprised, actually, that the school couldn't step in and be more effective in stopping that kind of bullying. When kids are led to be kind to their peers who have suffered illness, they usually respond very well. On social media I did see her goading that ex into ugly statements, with her constant crying and saying I want you but you don't want me, but with her peers at school I would think the school could have done a better job at getting the kids to feel empathy.

Oh, and it was a nightstand pushed up against the door. That would stop a parent for about 10 seconds from entering the room.

At this time we do not know COD or if sexual assault was a factor. The cart is way ahead of the horse here. Time to rein the pedo debate in.

Wow. You're right. I think we all have jumped to this conclusion - never dawned on me this wouldn't be the case here!

moo, of course, usual.

Thank you! We don't even know if it was a sexually motivated crime. We know exactly zero about DE's motives. There are plenty of other reasons I can unfortunately think of why he might have wanted access to Nicole. Not that I blame anyone for thinking in that direction, but we do not know this for sure.

Also, rapes etc. are usually not even about sex, but about power and control. Also something to be kept in mind.

I know someone here said something about how we'd hear more about the charges once DE and NK get to court 'likely Monday'... will they definitely be in court Monday or was that a guesstimate? Just out of curiosity. TIA!

agree
when i was growing up in the dark ages, most of my friends dated guys three to five years older than them, it was very rare for a girl to date a guy of her same age
i would not consider any of those guys pedophiles, some of them actually married their older boyfriends...

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

“This has been an extremely fast investigation within the just past 12 hours,” Blacksburg Police Chief Anthony Wilson said in a news release. “And we still have a great deal to do as there are multiple interviews to conduct and evidence” to collect and analyze “as we reconstruct the timeline of events leading up to Nicole’s tragic death.”

In the next 48 hours we will have probably have a lot more facts.

What a devastating loss for her family. They fought through so much hardship to keep their baby alive only to have it end this way. :(

Well, my first love was 18 and I was 14.
I was a "child", but he was it too!
No way I would call him "phedofilis"
The point here is the murder, and it's enough bad.

BBM: You're absolutely right. I guess we need to wait for the autopsy results. I got ahead of myself as sadly, I can't imagine any other reason he would take her from her home. I just took a couple of weeks off of W.S. I think I need to step away again. Sometimes these cases involving kids are just too much for me to take. My apologies. :blushing:

No apology needed. I really do think we're all on the same page here and any time a little girl dies at the hands of another, we all get so angry. The things I've called him that I've deleted would have earned me a year or two in the corner. So... yeah.

There are plenty of other reasons I can unfortunately think of why he might have wanted access to Nicole. Not that I blame anyone for thinking in that direction, but we do not know this for sure.

RSBM.

What other reasons can you imagine? Revenge against the parents for something? Holding her for ransom? I can't think of any other motives and the ones I mentioned are extremely unlikely. This may be a failure of imagination on my part.

I was the one who mentioned they'd both likely be in court tomorrow but that was just a guess. Both arrested and charged over the weekend, it's fairly common to appear in court the following Monday. So far, I haven't seen anything indicating when they'll actually be in court.

Criminal court is at 8:30 and 1pm on Mondays - but so far, neither of them are listed here http://www.montgomerycountyva.gov/content/15987/16013/16293/18241.aspx or here http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/gd/montgomery/home.html

But they're BOTH listed on VINE as being currently held in the Montgomery County Jail.

I want to ask a question regarding the investigation and the arrests because I don't understand how this all came about.

As I understand it, LE

FIRST arrested DE, charging abduction
THEN (next day) found Nicole's body
and then TODAY arrested NK

So how did they know a) that he abducted her, b) where the body was?

If they knew from sm that he had been talking with Nicole - well so did others. What made them zoom in on him so quickly and so confidently that they could charge with abduction? I guess there must be more tying him to her on that specific night that we have not been told about yet?

We were told he was not talking, so did NK tell them where the body is? We assume she did, but why did they then not immediately arrest her but waited one day after finding the body to do so? It seems like she immediately spilled the beans, so why wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth