VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just realized that Nicole's name might be misspelled on this thread. All of the news articles have her name spelled as Nicole?

I saw one article yesterday apologizing for misspelling it early on. I guess that's where the wrong spelling on this thread came from. It should be changed now.

I've just realized that Nicole's name might be misspelled on this thread. All of the news articles have her name spelled as Nicole?

I've been meaning to ask a mod to change that. Her name was misspelled as Nichole in the first missing person's reports so that's how that happened.

Been quietly following this case. Last night I asked my husband how an 18yr old could be in Tech, a successful runner and snap to killing a 13 yr old child. His response "he didn't snap. He most likely always was what is now surfacing." As a parent, it's just hard to understand these cases. 3 families of victims left to pick up the pieces. So unimaginable yet we see it happen, case after case. My kids are 4 yrs apart in age. My son would have throttled any of his guy friends that thought his sister was sexy, or wanted to date her. Wouldn't have happened. Many did try, many failed because as her parents, we asked questions, knew ages, and squashed things before it became an issue. Having said that, my husband is 5 yrs older than I am. We met graduation night, so I was 18 at the time. My parents flipped!!! Just celebrated 25yrs together, so all wasn't bad. However, had I been 13 and him 18 when we met, no way, no how would we have gotten together. Even at 18, living at home, curfew was midnight. My husband brought me home 15 minutes late one night, Dad was waiting on the porch for us. He ushered me inside, and my husband got a 30 minute lecture on being disrespectful to me, my parents, himself, etc. Then Mom started in how nothing good comes after midnight, and no respectable guy would subject the reputation of their girlfriend of being a *advertiser censored* or whoremonger...because in her opinion, that's all that's out after midnight! My husband was grilled about where we had been, how long at each place, what we had done, etc. He said he wasn't ever coming back. Needless to say, he did. However, we made sure our dates started earlier so we were home before midnight, yet still had time together. And much to my parent's surprise, sex can happen before midnight. ;) At any rate, I'm devastated for the loss of another young girl, just starting life in the rough teenage period, with many obstacles against her. While schools tout the no bullying slogan, I haven't actually seen any of our local schools truly take a stand against bullying. Many times the school will even suggest the child being bullied is doing something to draw attention to themselves, and thus creating the bullying against them. There's been way too many suicides within the middle and high schools here, and bullying usually played some part in each. I hadn't looked in the social media aspects until tonight. I'm truly heartbroken seeing how terrible things were for Nichole, and how much she wanted to fit in, be with a group, have friends, be accepted, and lacked self esteem. And that's just glimpses of her life that she chose to share. The deeper pain she was dealing with just makes me cry. She was screaming for attention and help. I can't blame anyone but the one responsible for taking her life. As in many cases, there's red flags that in hindsight I wish someone had seen, and intervened, but we don't know if maybe intervention was being done, and yet not successful. My greatest hurt is her speaking of wanting to die, to shoot herself, and not much online support to stop her. I just wanted to reach through the computer and hug her as I read some of the posts. My imagination has a tendency to take off after following so many cases. My greatest fear is that not all of Nichole was found. I truly pray I'm wrong and that's not why they are searching that pond at the Vet center at Tech. A place I've been many times. Taken many animals to their program for medical attention. Considered top notch when local vets can't figure out a problem, and a great resource to those close enough to use as their regular vet as the knowledge is so vast. Tech engineering program is seen as a good one in this area. Many companies will hire graduates straight from the program, knowing they have no experience. I don't know how difficult it is to get into the program though. I am not sure it's as competitive as the Vet program is. At any rate, unless you have lots of money to private pay, you best have great grades, be involved in community services, and apply for grants and scholarships. It's not a cheap school. Out of state would be paying even more. My prayers for all of Nichole's family, especially her brother she seemed close to. Prayers for the perp's families as well. I can't imagine having a child charged with murder, or illegally disposing of a human. There's just such a huge path of devastation in the path of these two perps. While I may joke that I know of 40acres in the back, there's no way I would or could help someone in such a way. Pray I'm never in that situation!!! Even with a gun to my head, I just can't see me helping. Burying a pet or livestock animal on the farm upsets me. I can't imagine....

When I was barely 13, my mom actually naively set me up with her good friend's son, who was 17, after we both expressed to our moms we thought each other was cute. Our moms thought we were both "good kids" so why not? He had a car. We went on dates. He had an 18yo friend with a 13yo girlfriend and we hung out with them a couple times. It was obvious from their over-the-top displays that they were having sex, and they even seemed proud of the age difference (was gross to see even then). The guys gave us young girls wine coolers. On maybe our fourth date, he was kissing me, then just stopped himself. He told me I was too young, and took me to my mom's place of work and dropped me off. Never saw him again. It was like he was building up to be like his friend, but he just couldn't do it, thank goodness. So I guess they were right -- he was a good kid. Not a pedophile, like his friend.

Is this the interview you're talking about? I don't see anything creepy, in fact I'd say 'go girl' if my granddaughter said she was dating him. Could someone post the creepy link, please? TIA
[video=youtube;V9L2QDhOJVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9L2QDhOJVU[/video]

I know several have said that he is creepy because of his speech pattern and flat demeanor, etc..and I can totally see that. However, given the fact that we know (think) that this guy is a monster, I have to wonder if that is influencing your read.
I grew up in Atlanta - where Georgia Tech is. This guys talks and looks just like every other Double E (Electrical Engineer) major that I knew. Yes, his does display the stereotypically meticulous nature of a psychopath. But his speech pattern and affect by no mean diagnose him as being one.

Apologies to the mods if this isn't allowed - please delete if so. We've been talking here about how Nicole looked young in her pics etc.. Well her case just hit the local media here and one person asked if it was the victim in the picture, or one of the students arrested. I guess to some she does look older, at least in that pic. Linking for the pic they used: https://www.facebook.com/WKBN27/posts/10153870523273695

I know several have said that he is creepy because of his speech pattern and flat demeanor, etc..and I can totally see that. However, given the fact that we know (think) that this guy is a monster, I have to wonder if that is influencing your read.
I grew up in Atlanta - where Georgia Tech is. This guys talks and looks just like every other Double E (Electrical Engineer) major that I knew. Yes, his does display the stereotypically meticulous nature of a psychopath. But his speech pattern and affect by no mean diagnose him as being one.

I married a double E. They aren't usually psychopaths, but they're often touched with autism, or are aloof socially. My husband is not, but it's typical to find a EE who is aloof. But they're not usually murderers.

Just a thought, and of course NOT that this is any excuse for murder if even relevant here, but again looking at his mugshot, the thought crossed my mind if he might possibly do drugs (as already mentioned by some of you upstream). I wonder, if he, as an athlete, might have possibly sustained a running injury serious enough to have been prescribed narcotic pain killers, which in turn facilitated an onset towards drug addiction. (There was a whole Dr. PHIL I saw about this, how young athletes become addicted to "legal heroin" during/after an injury. Then they go the streets to get it because it's cheaper and its essentially the same thing, an opiate. There was a passionate father on the show who lost his son to drugs this way and he goes around to different high schools and talks about this to help others.)

I showed the clip to my sister, she has a degree in psychology, and didn't tell her why, but asked what she thought about him. Her reply: Sounds like a smart and cocky golden boy but wonder why he keeps needing to show he can do it. Something insecure deep in there.

Have you ever been interviewed on camera? You have this big racoon tail hanging over your head (mic), there is a big camera in front of you with a bright light on it. They tell you not to look at it but it's pretty distracting.
You know in the back of your mind that everyone will be watching you later. Even the most secure person can feel insecure and nervous. It's something that you do get used to but for someone like this it's very typical. Again, I think far too much is being read into this clip.

I married a double E. They aren't usually psychopaths, but they're often touched with autism, or are aloof socially. My husband is not, but it's typical to find a EE who is aloof. But they're not usually murderers.

Jeanna...I always liked the Double E guys. There was an intensity that I really liked. Many have stereotypical "aspy" traits, and there is a lot of great research coming out on the connection to concrete minded individuals and Aspbergers. But I totally agree. This does not make someone a Psychopath. And may I also say that just because someone is a psychopath it doesn't mean that they will ever harm anyone....

Lovell’s church hold’s special service in her memory

Youth Pastor Josh Blankenship at Auburn Baptist Church said Lovell’s death was a shock to a community that loved and cared for her.

She participated in Sunday School at Auburn, riding the bus every Sunday with her friends.

Blankenship says she will be missed dearly.

“Everybody is in shock. You ask yourself why this would happen to such a sweet, innocent, girl Nicole. She was the type of young lady that never, never met a stranger and was very faithful at the church. Loved the lord and was very loved by her family,” said Blankenship.

http://wsls.com/2016/01/31/lovells-church-holds-special-service-in-her-memory/

Yes yes and yes!

And I want my daughter to have the self esteem to know she doesn't need some loser behind a computer screen to give her approval by judging her selfie.

Faithandhope...I wish you'd been my Mom. That is so awesome!

I'm catching up just now on the posts since about 3 today. I saw someone wondering about transportation for DE how he was getting around, he had commented on his own page about if anyone needing a ride he had a car and his parents still pay for gas.
Also as far as what made LE pinpoint him due to so many others chatting I have to go with cell records and Internet provider. I just imagine that there was communication up to the point she left her house, unless he showed up unexpectedly and abducted her otherwise I figure plans were exchanged and if NK did not turn herself in, I bet she was caught by cell phone records also, I'm thinking once they zeroed in on DE they were able to see who and what time and how many times he made contact with her number which then led to her, kinda like a domino effect.

I think what makes the video of him seem creepy to some is because we all have it in the back of our heads what he is accused of, where if we were to watch it any other time wouldn't think anything about him.

The question going through my mind about him is did he have younger siblings or relatives growing up and were there any incidents of him acting inappropriately. I think that is a possibility but we may never know because not all parents will report a family member or child of their own to authorities just to keep from anyone outside their own from knowing, sadly I have known of a situation just exactly what I'm suggesting could have happened and not everyone is like Jim Bob Duggar even if it was a half *advertiser censored* report...

I just thought I would share my husband's theory. This is PURE speculation and I don't know whether I agree or disagree:

He (DE, perp) is in college and is finding out that making friends isn't as easy as he thought it would be. In high school he was the golden boy, but now he's at a school with 22,000 other golden boys and girls. So he gets online while bored and/or drunk and talks to girls. It starts out as a joke or a way to pass the time. Then he gets really wrapped up in it and befriends several girls he thinks are his age. Nicole is someone he befriends, however, he suspects she is not as old as she says. He has no proof she is that young, but he knows.

They chat, they decide to meet, she wants to pretend she is grown so she agrees to meet him somewhere. She sneaks out. The moment he sees her he KNOWS she is not 18 (as he suspected all along), but he goes along with it because he is lonely and maybe even feels bad for her.

Somehow they end up getting drunk and due to her medical conditions she isn't doing so well. Maybe she even forgot to take her nighttime meds. She starts getting violently ill and he doesn't know what to do so he calls a female friend (NK). NK feels for the girl but also wants to stop her friend getting in trouble. She's a little tipsy too so while she is angry when she discovers this girl is clearly a baby, she can be convinced to help him. They get her into a car, drive around for awhile trying do figure out what to do.

The victim dies. Either from her liver, from being too intoxicated, choking, etc. NK and DE panic. DE thinks they should hide the body. NK wants to go to the hospital. DE refuses and gets angry/violent/belligerent. NK realizes she can't get out of this now and if she doesn't help DE he might pin this on her or even hurt her. "What happens to my scholarships and future when it becomes clear that I didn't help a girl who was in need? What if they think I murdered the girl? What if they find out I was drinking?"

So NK drives as far south as she can stay awake for, helps DE dump the poor girl's body, covers her in snow and drives home.

She looks like crap in her mug shot because she has been awake for several days and was interrogated by police all night. As soon as the cops realize she was involved, she tells everything because she feels so much guilt. But she WAS wrong, and so was he.

And the reason DE's first degree murder charge sticks? The girl died under his "care" after he had technically kidnapped her. Had she been at home she wouldn't be dead. So that's how he still gets a murder charge. And that's why there is no sexual assault charge.

//

AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY OPINION. It is my husband's incredibly detailed prediction. It is HIS opinion not mine.

I would love to know if he had a Reddit account. Reddit is a very popular website, but there is definitely a big pedophile subculture over there. For example, there will be "Ask Me Anything" from pedophiles, who will claim to have never touched a child, and people will reply like they are talking to a real live angel on Earth. There are many comments made about how it's "normal" to be attracted to girls Nicole's age. And these comments will get thousands of upvotes! Am I saying that Reddit would turn someone into a pedophile? No....but could lots of online posts defending atraction towards underage girls make someone like David think it would be okay to chat up Nicole. So Reddit does not create the urges, but I could see it making someone who already has those urges think that what he is doing isn't morally wrong.

I would love to know if he had a Reddit account. Reddit is a very popular website, but there is definitely a big pedophile subculture over there. For example, there will be "Ask Me Anything" from pedophiles, who will claim to have never touched a child, and people will reply like they are talking to a real live angel on Earth. There are many comments made about how it's "normal" to be attracted to girls Nicole's age. And these comments will get thousands of upvotes! Am I saying that Reddit would turn someone into a pedophile? No....but could lots of online posts defending atraction towards underage girls make someone like David think it would be okay to chat up Nicole. So Reddit does not create the urges, but I could see it making someone who already has those urges think that what he is doing isn't morally wrong.

Get out of my head! Lol. I have been wondering if he was on Reddit as well. Or 4chan.

They pulled DE's FB page now... I'd looked at it earlier when it was up but didn't see that comment about giving people rides.

I'm catching up just now on the posts since about 3 today. I saw someone wondering about transportation for DE how he was getting around, he had commented on his own page about if anyone needing a ride he had a car and his parents still pay for gas.
Also as far as what made LE pinpoint him due to so many others chatting I have to go with cell records and Internet provider. I just imagine that there was communication up to the point she left her house, unless he showed up unexpectedly and abducted her otherwise I figure plans were exchanged and if NK did not turn herself in, I bet she was caught by cell phone records also, I'm thinking once they zeroed in on DE they were able to see who and what time and how many times he made contact with her number which then led to her, kinda like a domino effect.

I think what makes the video of him seem creepy to some is because we all have it in the back of our heads what he is accused of, where if we were to watch it any other time wouldn't think anything about him.

The question going through my mind about him is did he have younger siblings or relatives growing up and were there any incidents of him acting inappropriately. I think that is a possibility but we may never know because not all parents will report a family member or child of their own to authorities just to keep from anyone outside their own from knowing, sadly I have known of a situation just exactly what I'm suggesting could have happened and not everyone is like Jim Bob Duggar even if it was a half *advertiser censored* report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky