VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find him creepy while watching it, even knowing what he did. Sad & mind boggling.

I know several have said that he is creepy because of his speech pattern and flat demeanor, etc..and I can totally see that. However, given the fact that we know (think) that this guy is a monster, I have to wonder if that is influencing your read.
I grew up in Atlanta - where Georgia Tech is. This guys talks and looks just like every other Double E (Electrical Engineer) major that I knew. Yes, his does display the stereotypically meticulous nature of a psychopath. But his speech pattern and affect by no mean diagnose him as being one.

:
And the reason DE's first degree murder charge sticks? The girl died under his "care" after he had technically kidnapped her. Had she been at home she wouldn't be dead. So that's how he still gets a murder charge. And that's why there is no sexual assault charge.

While it's certainly possible there was no SA, it's not unusual for prosecutors to wait to add SA charges until after the autopsy is done. Depending on the condition of her body, they may not be able to tell right away.

Been quietly following this case. Last night I asked my husband how an 18yr old could be in Tech, a successful runner and snap to killing a 13 yr old child. His response "he didn't snap. He most likely always was what is now surfacing." As a parent, it's just hard to understand these cases. 3 families of victims left to pick up the pieces. So unimaginable yet we see it happen, case after case. My kids are 4 yrs apart in age. My son would have throttled any of his guy friends that thought his sister was sexy, or wanted to date her. Wouldn't have happened. Many did try, many failed because as her parents, we asked questions, knew ages, and squashed things before it became an issue. Having said that, my husband is 5 yrs older than I am. We met graduation night, so I was 18 at the time. My parents flipped!!! Just celebrated 25yrs together, so all wasn't bad. However, had I been 13 and him 18 when we met, no way, no how would we have gotten together. Even at 18, living at home, curfew was midnight. My husband brought me home 15 minutes late one night, Dad was waiting on the porch for us. He ushered me inside, and my husband got a 30 minute lecture on being disrespectful to me, my parents, himself, etc. Then Mom started in how nothing good comes after midnight, and no respectable guy would subject the reputation of their girlfriend of being a *advertiser censored* or whoremonger...because in her opinion, that's all that's out after midnight! My husband was grilled about where we had been, how long at each place, what we had done, etc. He said he wasn't ever coming back. Needless to say, he did. However, we made sure our dates started earlier so we were home before midnight, yet still had time together. And much to my parent's surprise, sex can happen before midnight. ;) At any rate, I'm devastated for the loss of another young girl, just starting life in the rough teenage period, with many obstacles against her. While schools tout the no bullying slogan, I haven't actually seen any of our local schools truly take a stand against bullying. Many times the school will even suggest the child being bullied is doing something to draw attention to themselves, and thus creating the bullying against them. There's been way too many suicides within the middle and high schools here, and bullying usually played some part in each. I hadn't looked in the social media aspects until tonight. I'm truly heartbroken seeing how terrible things were for Nichole, and how much she wanted to fit in, be with a group, have friends, be accepted, and lacked self esteem. And that's just glimpses of her life that she chose to share. The deeper pain she was dealing with just makes me cry. She was screaming for attention and help. I can't blame anyone but the one responsible for taking her life. As in many cases, there's red flags that in hindsight I wish someone had seen, and intervened, but we don't know if maybe intervention was being done, and yet not successful. My greatest hurt is her speaking of wanting to die, to shoot herself, and not much online support to stop her. I just wanted to reach through the computer and hug her as I read some of the posts. My imagination has a tendency to take off after following so many cases. My greatest fear is that not all of Nichole was found. I truly pray I'm wrong and that's not why they are searching that pond at the Vet center at Tech. A place I've been many times. Taken many animals to their program for medical attention. Considered top notch when local vets can't figure out a problem, and a great resource to those close enough to use as their regular vet as the knowledge is so vast. Tech engineering program is seen as a good one in this area. Many companies will hire graduates straight from the program, knowing they have no experience. I don't know how difficult it is to get into the program though. I am not sure it's as competitive as the Vet program is. At any rate, unless you have lots of money to private pay, you best have great grades, be involved in community services, and apply for grants and scholarships. It's not a cheap school. Out of state would be paying even more. My prayers for all of Nichole's family, especially her brother she seemed close to. Prayers for the perp's families as well. I can't imagine having a child charged with murder, or illegally disposing of a human. There's just such a huge path of devastation in the path of these two perps. While I may joke that I know of 40acres in the back, there's no way I would or could help someone in such a way. Pray I'm never in that situation!!! Even with a gun to my head, I just can't see me helping. Burying a pet or livestock animal on the farm upsets me. I can't imagine....

Good to know. I was wondering about that.
While it's certainly possible there was no SA, it's not unusual for prosecutors to wait to add SA charges until after the autopsy is done. Depending on the condition of her body, they may not be able to tell right away.

Qmfr:

Still catching up, but a male with whom she communicates says to her basically so what, keep crying, nobody cares.:( :furious:

I wish Nichole could see all the people that do care now, would have cared, so many people here on her thread.

Being a 13 year old girl can be so tough, to say the least. Again, I'm so glad the Internet was not around when I was a teen. All these sites just make me so worried, for lack of a better term. As seen on here and Chris Hansen's show "To Catch a Predator" there are so many guys/men that are just lining up to take advantage of young, vulnerable girls.

Unless there is a family relation or some type of positively mentoring situation approved by the parents, an 18 year old male in college has no business with a 13 year old female. I am not buying for second he thought she was 18. Jmo

When I was her age, it was 1998 and people were so cautious on the internet people rarely gave out their real names lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's old enough to die in Iraq. Then he is too old to date your 13 year old daughter. Jmo

Yeah. But he isn't old enough to legally have a beer or rent a car.

I know that is way OT from your point and I agree, but really, until we are about the age of 24, we still possess an adolescent brain and make really really bad choices oftentimes.

Now, back to this case. Not only was she 13, but she LOOKED 10.

I was a little wild at 14. Sneaked out with my way-cooler friend to meet up with boys she knew that were old enough to drive (I was way too sheltered to know boys that old without Cindy's help), and drank beers and made out (over the sweater). It never occured to me that those boys were pedos, just cute boys a couple of years older who could drive! And we were in full makeup and 70's/80's hairspray.

I also had a friend who lost her virginity at 13. To an assistant football coach. He was maybe 19, 20? Back then, nobody thought of it as criminal. Just that this girl was SOOOO MATURE, that she had sex already and with an older guy! It was like a badge of honor.

How gross. But we did not see it that way back then. We thought it was so cool to hook up with an older guy. I was never that "lucky".

I did have a college age boyfriend when I was 15. We were only allowed to "date" with him coming to my house to watch TV or play board games with me and MY PARENTS. ugh. And also "right on!".

Sorry to derail, but I see a lot of black and white judgement where there really is a lot of nuance. IMO.

At the end of this article, it says they'll both be arraigned tomorrow--but in the Montgomery County Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court?
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-blacksburg-murder-20160131-story.html

Under the video the description says "gruesome death"? Media just being tastelessly dramatic with only having the same facts at this point that we do? Why the word "gruesome"?

"Two Maryland teens have been arrested and charged in the gruesome death of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell."

Eta:

grue·some
ˈɡro͞osəm/
adjective
causing repulsion or horror; grisly.
"a most gruesome murder"
synonyms:grisly, ghastly, frightful, horrid, horrifying, hideous, horrible, horrendous, grim, awful, dire, dreadful, terrible,horrific, shocking, appalling, disgusting, repulsive, repugnant, revolting, repellent, sickening;
informal
extremely unpleasant.
"gruesome working hours"

From Merrian-Webster's:

Simple Definition of gruesome
: causing horror or disgust

Eta:
* maybe they're just saying this is horrible, and nothing further, just using a strong word that to me implies gore, but I see it can be used more generally.

I was shocked to see her killer was a track star at Wilde Lake high school...that's where both my kids went to school, along with Edward Norton and Robert Kolker back in the day. What makes a seemingly normal kid go off the rails so badly? And Nicole. She was so young and so vulnerable. So so sad.

I know what you mean. It hits really close to me too because my husband went to Wilde Lake High and I myself went to Hammond High School. We both grew up in Columbia, MD. I'm in shock that students from these schools could be involved in such horrid activities.

In that same video, the reporter said that pond was being searched today for "additional evidence"

I know what you mean. It hits really close to me too because my husband went to Wilde Lake High and I myself went to Hammond High School. We both grew up in Columbia, MD. I'm in shock that students from these schools could be involved in such horrid activities.

My brother lived there when he was at NSA while in the Air Force. I would think that many of the students where the children of military since the base is so big up there. Maybe I'm wrong. Just can't believe that these two came from there and ended up at a school like Virginia Tech and where involved in this poor baby's death. Makes me so mad!

Imo: I have two daughters & three sons that are now adults. My oldest daughter absolutely loved boys at a very early age. She would chase them around forever. When it came to her teen years I had to be vigilant in finding out who she was with, what she was doing etc.. At that time I was a single mom who worked full time to provide for my family. There were so many nights I would find things out and had to confront both her and the other person then render punishment. My daughter thought she was slick and sneaky. What she failed to realize I was a teen once and new what it was like, so it made it all the more easy for me to get to the truth.

Her & some of her girlfriend met these group of guys from another school. I happened to get off work early and see them in the guys truck. That was a definitely a day those boys will never forget. I am told I am very scary when I am mad so I knew these boys were seeing that side of me. I called each one of the parents and inform them of what transpired. The notes that I retrieved from all of them were disgusting. Some were talking about taking large doses of qualudes, some of having sex with all of them and I will not go any further because I think you get the picture. The boys ""were between the ages of 18-20. I was so frightened at the thought , what if I did not come home when I did? What may have happened. Now my chilcdren tell me it is a good thing that I was a helicopter parent who was "all up in their business", as they use to say

I am so glad we survived all those years without something so heinous as what happened to Nicole happening..With Nicoles mother stating she was beeing bullied, online & at school, I wondered if some of those kids that bullied her made some of those account, in order to humiliate her more. Time will tell when LE are able to sort through the electronic devices and find out who did what.

I thought same as fannybrice's husband. Since Nichole had serious health problems, I wondered if she might have died accidentally. We should wait for the facts to come out before branding this young man a pedophile. The fact that a female student got involved in disposing of the body makes accidental death seem more likely as well. Terribly tragic circumstances for all involved. Certainly does not absolve the two arrested from criminal responsibility but perhaps short of premeditated murder on DE's part.

My brother lived there when he was at NSA while in the Air Force. I would think that many of the students where the children of military since the base is so big up there. Maybe I'm wrong. Just can't believe that these two came from there and ended up at a school like Virginia Tech and where involved in this poor baby's death. Makes me so mad!

I'll have to find the link again, but in one of the articles that talked a bit about DE's past track success, it was said that he moved to Maryland as a junior, from somewhere (my memory lapse, it was in the article) in Washington.

I'll have to find the link again, but in one of the articles that talked a bit about DE's past track success, it was said that he moved to Maryland as a junior, from somewhere (my memory lapse, it was in the article) in Washington.

Makes me wonder why he moved schools in his junior year. Was it a job transfer for a parent or something that happened at the other school.

I don't remember the specific article I read it in... but IIRC, it said he previously lived in Yakima, WA.

So, if I'm seeing this correctly, directions from VT to Lowgap, NC is approximately just over an hour and a half drive. They drove a little bit for the disposal it seems...

Here is her IG account, it shows that she has SC & kik & shows she has, or had as of 3weeks ago, that she was "in love" with a boy.
http://instagram.com/nicky_maddie_lovell_15114

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
There is a large amount of info to be seen, just on IG alone. Numerous comments and screenshots that show Nicole and that guy having online video chats, whatever the app used.

What is most disturbing - besides everything- is that this appears to be yet another case of a male/female criminal tandem.

Wth is going on?

[emoji35]

There is a large amount of info to be seen, just on IG alone. Numerous comments and screenshots that show Nicole and that guy having online video chats, whatever the app used.

What is most disturbing - besides everything- is that this appears to be yet another case of a male/female criminal tandem.

Wth is going on?

[emoji35]

IDK. I think if this were a "criminal tandem" she (NK) would have been charged with something indicating she was there at the time of the girl's death and/or participated. IMO the more likely scenario is she was trying to "help" her friend with a sick/too drunk girl and ended up in way over her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces