VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put together a quick map showing the location of where Nicole was last seen, the Virginia Tech campus, Rt 89 in NC, and the hometowns of both DE and NK. Does anybody know where she was found along Rt 89 in Surry county? If anybody has anything they want added. Please let me know.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

Early reports were saying right AT or right NEAR the VA/NC border. Which would be Cumberland Knob Recreation Area - vicinity.

If David is using Tinder and isn't having much luck (having a promising future is not going to get you hookups), he might start looking at girls younger. To them, he's this ~hot~ older guy who is giving them attention. If an 18-year-old is "interested" in a 13-year-old girl, that tells me he could not get girls his own age. It's not like he was abducted a random girl, this is a girl he likely talked to online before agreeing to meet.

I guess I see it differently. If an 18 year old is interested in a 13 year old, he would be considered a pedophile in my book. Whether he was familiar with her or not, regardless of what their interactions consisted of, it is ALWAYS the adults responsibility to follow the law when it comes to minors.

Yes, many have suggested he seems/seemed creepy in this interview from last year. I don't see it at all, I see a really smart, confident kid. I think sometimes *after the fact*, after we know what someone has been charged with, we tend to see things that may not really be there.

moo.

I agree. Not creepy. But, overly confident and really impressed with himself. Someone I wouldn't have looked twice at while back in college. His type is a real turn off to me. The type that is "never wrong and always right".

Perhaps a sociopath?

I showed the clip to my sister, she has a degree in psychology, and didn't tell her why, but asked what she thought about him. Her reply: Sounds like a smart and cocky golden boy but wonder why he keeps needing to show he can do it. Something insecure deep in there.

What type of degree does she have exactly? Bachelor's? Master's? Etc.? (Not being snarky...just genuinely wondering what he background is.)

I agree. Not creepy. But, overly confident and really impressed with himself. Someone I wouldn't have looked twice at while back in college. His type is a real turn off to me. The type that is "never wrong and always right".

Perhaps a sociopath?

I don't know if I'd go that far, at least not based on this one video. To me, that type of guy is pretty common in high school, college, and beyond.

Obviously he could be a sociopath or a psychopath but based on that...I wouldn't go that far just yet.

I guess I see it differently. If an 18 year old is interested in a 13 year old, he would be considered a pedophile in my book. Whether he was familiar with her or not, regardless of what their interactions consisted of, it is ALWAYS the adults responsibility to follow the law when it comes to minors.

I'm not sure I'd say "pedophile" considering most 18 yr old boys are not very mature, and most 13 yr old girls these days often come across as MUCH older (look, act, speak, etc). Yes I know that's a blanket statement but it's an "in general" observation from a.) once being a 13 yr old girl and b.) having 7 kids and seeing how different boys and girls are at these different ages.

Now if he was 28? Totally different ballgame. Pedophiles actually prefer their prey to BE young, appear young, act young, etc. Nichole (while really still a baby at 13) appeared to try pretty hard to give the impression she was much older than she was.

What type of degree does she have exactly? Bachelor's? Master's? Etc.? (Not being snarky...just genuinely wondering what he background is.)

I have a bachelors in psychology and a masters in social work and have worked with many kids in therapeutic foster care.

That's something off in that video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree - not creepy. But I will say he seems brushed with autism or aspergers. He reminds me of this kid who was in our boy scout troop. Whenever a kid rose to a new rank, they'd have to get up and say something they will remember about the pathway to achieving that rank. So at tenderfoot, all the boys got up there giggling and some said they liked to play with fire, some laughed about the flies in the latrine they had to clean out, etc., but this one 12 year old (who looks like David actually and runs cross country) said he had grown a lot and learned very much and when he's a father he hopes his son will be in a troop as fine as this one. What, kid?? Brushed with autism.

For what it's worth-- IMO, the 'brushed with autism' kid sounds a lot more likable and intelligent than the pyros or fly boy in this scenario. ;-)

I actually did find D rather creepy in the video. Nothing overt... just the lack of emotion that other people have mentioned. Plus something under the surface that is hard to put into words.

Perhaps a sociopath?

Or maybe a *victim* of "affluenza" like Ethan Couch. ;-) Anyone know his family sitch?

I'm not sure I'd say "pedophile" considering most 18 yr old boys are not very mature, and most 13 yr old girls these days often come across as MUCH older (look, act, speak, etc). Yes I know that's a blanket statement but it's an "in general" observation from a.) once being a 13 yr old girl and b.) having 7 kids and seeing how different boys and girls are at these different ages.

Now if he was 28? Totally different ballgame. Pedophiles actually prefer their prey to BE young, appear young, act young, etc. Nichole (while really still a baby at 13) appeared to try pretty hard to give the impression she was much older than she was.

To be fair, I was once a 13 year old girl as well. I've also raised daughters and sons. My line of work brings me into contact with the results of teen sexual relations on a regular basis as an OB RN.

This is not directed at you, but just a general statement. When did 13 become not a child? It shouldn't matter how a 13 year old behaves. You're correct, she was trying to appear to be older. But she WASN'T older. She was a child and making decisions with a child's mind. Our young men need to be brought up to understand this. Just because a child say's they want to have sex, doesn't make it morally or legally right. I find that pointing out her actions is walking the line of victim blaming.

A few things. I agree with whoever said she probably wasn't killed at home. There were people there and you'd think they would hear something.

Also, someone said maybe he needed his friend's car. Well if that's the case, how did he get to Nichole's? Campus bus? I mean he doesn't live far from her apartment, but it would be a long walk. Also, there was a lot of snow on the ground, so not exactly a walk one would want to make.

As far as the "star" athlete thing. It's not like he is a football or basketball player on campus. A middle distance runner isn't going to get a lot of girls simply because he's a good runner. Being a runner myself, there are definitely a lot of weird and interesting people attracted to the sport. I wouldn't consider them dangerous, but definitely different. Myself included really. He was so good that maybe he got some more attention in HS for his running, but at the college level, he'd just be seen as another student really. His times are pretty good, but nothing really overly impressive. He's not All American level or anything and I think even if he was, he probably wouldn't be noticed much. He certainly wouldn't walk around campus and be recognized by everyone.

The friend thing is definitely weird. Whether they knew each from back home or bonded at VT because they are both in classes together and from the same area, who knows. It was weird how much she looked like Nichole. I have friends that I'd do almost anything for, but help cover up a murder definitely isn't one of those things.

From her mother:
“She was a typical student,” Weeks said. “She didn’t like going to school because she was bullied. She was telling me that girls were saying she was fat and talking about her scars from her transplant.”

Nicole often cried to stay home from school, her mother said. “We discussed it with teachers, but it got worse. It got so bad I wouldn’t send her.”

But the bullying, her mother said, continued on social media. “They can’t control those kids on social media,” Weeks said.

Weeks said she was told that her daughter met Eisenhauer online a few weeks ago. “That’s all I know,” she said. “It was some off-the-wall site I never heard of.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

It looks like the people in school who bullied her succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: because of their bullying Nichole fled to internet chat rooms where she met this crazy--instead of being socially involved with other people her own age.

She actually has several degrees, I believe this was a bachelors. She worked with autistic kids for a few years. Her husband is a neuropsychologist who is a world renowned author and does speaking engagements worldwide. I just asked her to get a "take" on the kid.

ETA. I didn't tell her what he'd done until after she responded. I haven't seen her reaction yet.

When I was in college in 2010, one of my 18 year old acquaintances was dating a 16 year old high school girl. We teased him RELENTLESSLY. Had she been 13 we would have called the cops. It is NOT normal for a college freshman to "date" a 13 year old child.

To be fair, I was once a 13 year old girl as well. I've also raised daughters and sons. My line of work brings me into contact with the results of teen sexual relations on a regular basis as an OB RN.

This is not directed at you, but just a general statement. When did 13 become not a child? It shouldn't matter how a 13 year old behaves. You're correct, she was trying to appear to be older. But she WASN'T older. She was a child and making decisions with a child's mind. Our young men need to be brought up to understand this. Just because a child say's they want to have sex, doesn't make it morally or legally right. I find that pointing out her actions is walking the line of victim blaming.

I don't disagree with you at all. 13 is a child, a baby, really, just like I said. I wasn't pointing out her actions to place any blame on her, victim blaming is something that disgusts me. I just don't think the label "pedophile" applies when it's an 18 yr old and a 13 yr old considering the general definition is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children (generally 11 yrs old and younger). That's all I was saying.

When I was in college in 2010, one of my 18 year old acquaintances was dating a 16 year old high school girl. We teased him RELENTLESSLY. Had she been 13 we would have called the cops. It is NOT normal for a college freshman to "date" a 13 year old child.

Exactly. And I can't imagine he could have/would have brought her to VT to be around other students.

I don't disagree with you at all. 13 is a child, a baby, really, just like I said. I wasn't pointing out her actions to place any blame on her, victim blaming is something that disgusts me. I just don't think the label "pedophile" applies when it's an 18 yr old and a 13 yr old considering the general definition is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children (generally 11 yrs old and younger). That's all I was saying.

If pedophile doesn't fit the legal definition, then we can just call him a sexual predator.

Yes! Exactly.

I knew a 13 year old 8th grade who dated an 18 year old senior in high school. They were both very attractive by societal standards, very popular, star athletes, and came from stable homes in upper middle class backgrounds. And yet we all still thought it was very, very weird. And wrong. 13 to 18 is just too large a gap at that period of an adolescent's life to be considered normal in any context. DE did not appear to have any strange cultural upbringing or mental difficulties, the opposite really. He had to know that any interaction with her would not be looked upon kindly.

Pedophilia
Pedophilia is sexual attraction to children.

Recurrent, intense sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 years or younger) for a period of at least 6 months.

The disorder causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

The person is at least age 16 and at least 5 years older than the child in the first category.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia

We don't know how long DE had his desires or actions, but the rest fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy