VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a brief (and far less educated) dalliance into this line of questioning too. The accused and the victim seem to contrast each other in a number of ways in their online presence, and both the accused seem to be involved in the religious life, so I wondered too if that could be an angle. My husband told me I was being a conspiracy theorist, so I went quiet on that in my head after :/

eta: I'm trying to find a way to say they seem very different, given the success of DE and NK compared to the sad and somewhat desperate for (inappropriate) attention NL, which could make a kid feel superior, without sounding like a jerk. I don't know if I'm making sense.

I think I know what you're saying... I think I would like to know the relationship between NK and DE. If they didn't meet at a track meet, was it at one of her bible school classes? Religious zealots and pedophilia are strange bed fellows.

<snip>

Thank God none of us are judged by what complete strangers see in our photographs, whether sports highlight clips or mug shots. He acts smug and entitled in a sports clip? His family probably had to move across country because of some secret in his past? He's unattractive and has scrawny arms so must troll for sex with children? She looks angry and obviously has a nasty attitude (nevermind that she was probably dragged out of bed, interrogated for hours, and is scared to death)? Not enough birthday wishes on Facebook so must be unpopular? Does anybody recognize a tiny modicum of the bullying tone that so many of us have been blasting here? Anybody?

I totally get that people are angry. Trust me, so am I. But running these two teenagers down and attributing all kinds of thoughts, motivations and actions to them with nothing yet to back it up muddies the water we are all trying to navigate here. <snip>.

THANK YOU! I've been following this case from the beginning and I agree that hindsight is 20/20. I didn't find DE's video creepy. A bit rehearsed and self assured, no doubt.

Then I saw the comment that track isn't a team sport therefore, he must have trouble relating to people. So, I think of my socially awkward 20 yr old ADHd/Asperger's son, who is speech impaired so that if he had to speak in public (or on camera) would practice-practice-practice so he would have every word, every pronunciation just perfect, and as a result, his intonation would be flat. He does have a small group of loyal friends, but won't get more than a couple dozen bday wishes on FB. My son must be guilty of something, right? It's only a matter of time, in reading the lists here, that my son will eventually be names a perp here on WS.

Do I think DE is guilty? Yes, I do. Because evidence says so. Not because of his demeanor in a video, the fact that track isn't a team sport (I disagree, btw), or because he shook hands with kids crossing the finish line after him. It's so easy to paint people's behaviors with a very broad brush, but a lot of quirky, eccentric kids are innocent. End of rant.

So, we still gotta wait and see if he is going to be considered a juvenile? Will that take the death penalty off the table?

I doubt he'll be charged as a juvenile, IMO. I think it relates initially to maintaining the privacy of the victim, a minor.

In previous posts it was mentioned that fb site was still up and of course many more just like it. I know they are like weeds cut one down and another pops up, but nobody give up or be discouraged about trying to shut them down or expose them. Think of it like this just a example of what I am saying "13 year old child has been on one of these sites over the past month talking to another 13 year old which in reality it's a 40 year old with bad intentions, yesterday was the day to seal the deal and arrange a time to hang out for the first time, but before the predator can send a pm, the page is shut down or members are being redirected and warned, someone may have actually called them out by just so much as saying I know what you are and I will be reporting you" something so simple that may spook them enough to change profiles or delete profile messages and not reach out to that child again. Not saying they won't move in to the next but for that day a child was saved!!! One child is worth continuing the fight even though it's a war that won't ever end its worth the fight who knows but one of our very own children may have been saved from a predator posing by someone who cared enough to spook them away and as scary as it is to think of we may have never or will never even know how close it was...
Sorry I hope it didn't sound all like a jumbled mess but I want to encourage everyone not to give up..

I saw that too... and that it was then gone :(

I was looking yesterday through some of Nicole's friends' pages on FB. On one that had a picture of the missing poster someone had posted Praying. Then another person posted something like 'Makes me sad I was so mean'.
That comment is now gone.

I hope one thing that comes out of this is that these girls think before bullying online or in person.

Ditto.

I had a "mild case of mononucleosis" (as my doc put it) when I was 10 or 11.

Side note: "mononucleosis" sounds terrifying to a kid. I thought my doctor was telling me that I had cancer or some other equally horrifying illness. I was like.... "What is mononucleosis? What does that mean?" He just laughed at me and said, "You have mono. So, which boys have you been kissing?" He was joking, but I was soooo confused. HA!

when My son was diagnosed with mono at age 6, i just looked at the doctor and said he has been kissing girls lol. that doctor just shook his head at me. laughed and laughed.
that when i got my education on mono. is throat gland were swollen, it took 2 trips to the docotor and 1 trip to er to get it diagnosed.

I find it very unusual that we aren't seeing much "chatter," either on SM or in the media from students at VA Tech or in Blacksburg. Unfortunately, there have been so many awful, senseless crimes lately, but we usually get a lot of info from the surrounding population either via media interviewing everyone around the area, or from people putting up posts about who and what they knew. It just seems there is a lack of talk. I also feel so terrible for the victim here. Even now, aren't there any SM pages for "In Memory" or "Justice for Nicole," etc.? She was a young girl with a rough early life, but the future could have been so different for her. More people need to show their support for the memory of this child.

THANK YOU! I've been following this case from the beginning and I agree that hindsight is 20/20. I didn't find DE's video creepy. A bit rehearsed and self assured, no doubt.

Then I saw the comment that track isn't a team sport therefore, he must have trouble relating to people. So, I think of my socially awkward 20 yr old ADHA/Asperger's son, who is speech impaired so that if he had to speak in public (or on camera) would practice-practice-practice so he would have every word, every pronunciation just perfect, and as a result, his intonation would be flat. He does have a small group of loyal friends, but won't get more than a couple dozen bday wishes on FB. My son must be guilty of something, right? It's only a matter of time, in reading the lists here, that my son will eventually be names a perp here on WS.

Do I think DE is guilty? Yes, I do. Because evidence says so. Not because of his demeanor in a video, the fact that track isn't a team sport (I disagree, btw), or because he shook hands with kids crossing the finish line after him. It's so easy to paint people's behaviors with a very broad brush, but a lot of quirky, eccentric kids are innocent. End of rant.
i appreciate what you're saying. As a teacher, I can imagine many students who were on the spectrum, or who were just eccentric, that I would describe as "quirky, socially awkward, but really a great kid, and I can't fathom him/her being involved in something like this. I really found him/her to be a very kind person." On the other end of the spectrum, as an ex-journalist, I can also see really easily how the end of my quote would be snipped from an interview or article because selling a story on a weird, awkward murderer would be easier and more sensational. I get that we're here to discuss and speculate, so I see both sides, but I've tried to keep my trash thought out if it because I know we don't have many facts and that journalism can be a really down and dirty profession. That's why I left.

Then I saw the comment that track isn't a team sport therefore, he must have trouble relating to people. So, I think of my socially awkward 20 yr old ADHd/Asperger's son, who is speech impaired so that if he had to speak in public (or on camera) would practice-practice-practice so he would have every word, every pronunciation just perfect, and as a result, his intonation would be flat. He does have a small group of loyal friends, but won't get more than a couple dozen bday wishes on FB. My son must be guilty of something, right? It's only a matter of time, in reading the lists here, that my son will eventually be names a perp here on WS.

Point taken. I think a lot more monsters get away with killing someone because they appear perfectly normal. No monster sign painted across their forehead. As I told my son once, it would be a most boring world if God had used the same cookie cutter to make each and every person on earth. Being different is not a bad thing, but it is certainly hard to live differently than your classmates who can make your life a living he!! for being that different kid.

Just came across this:

"Stacey Snider, a neighbor of Nicole and mother of 8-year-old twins, said one of her daughters had given law enforcement authorities information that may have played a role in the arrests. The girls were playing in the snow with Nicole hours before her disappearance when, they said, she showed one of them texts she had exchanged through Kik, a mobile instant messaging app, with an 18-year-old that included plans for an evening meeting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/u...edia-link-to-virginia-girls-killing.html?_r=0

when My son was diagnosed with mono at age 6, i just looked at the doctor and said he has been kissing girls lol. that doctor just shook his head at me. laughed and laughed.
that when i got my education on mono. is throat gland were swollen, it took 2 trips to the docotor and 1 trip to er to get it diagnosed.

There isn't really anything they give you to treat it is there? It is one of those things that have to run their course?

Can anyone figure out why Natalie K is so cut up & banged up if all she did was help her buddy 'dispose of a body'? Could it be Natalie K was stunned & threw a fit when police showed up to arrest her & the way Natalie K wound up so banged up about her face was that police had to do 'that thing' where they have someone down on the ground, belly down, & one officer has knee pressing the person's face into the ground while police cuff him/her ??

Obviously I don't know, but I can't see her throwing a fit from what we know of her so far. My two guesses are that a) he got violent with her to assure her cooperation or b) she got b*tch slapped by trees in the woods where they put the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it very unusual that we aren't seeing much "chatter," either on SM or in the media from students at VA Tech or in Blacksburg. Unfortunately, there have been so many awful, senseless crimes lately, but we usually get a lot of info from the surrounding population either via media interviewing everyone around the area, or from people putting up posts about who and what they knew. It just seems there is a lack of talk. I also feel so terrible for the victim here. Even now, aren't there any SM pages for "In Memory" or "Justice for Nicole," etc.? She was a young girl with a rough early life, but the future could have been so different for her. More people need to show their support for the memory of this child.

What does that really do, though? She's gone. No one can make up for what she endured now.

The Virginia Tech subreddit on Reddit has had some interesting things.

http://www.reddit.com/r/virginiatech

There was a memorial service in her church yesterday for Nicole. I linked to it in thread 1.

Does anyone know how she was found...buried, etc? All I have been able to find is this...

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/virginia-tech-students-from-maryland-arraigned-in-girls-death/37757768

Police found her body Saturday about 100 miles south in Surry County, North Carolina.

"It's a remote area. It's really close to the Alleghany County line on the west end of Surry County. Where she was located was a wooded area off of Highway 89, some distance off the highway," Surry County, North Carolina, Sheriff Graham Atkinson said.

I haven't seen any details of how she died, but I could have missed it. The local 11:00pm news just said that the autopsy would not be available until March. Dayam.

Do we know that she was killed in Virginia? (Maybe I missed it.) We don't have many details. Hoping we'll hear a bit more in the next several days...

Perhaps NK will be persuaded to tell what she knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay