VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out that nobody has been accused of helping to dispose of a body (not those words). She is accused of providing comfort, aid, etc etc (it was detailed a few posts back, I'll look and bring it forward) AFTER the commission of a completed felony by DE. Now, certainly rhis can change. But at this point, I think her charges could be related to something like picking DE up, hiding him if he came to her for help, helping concoct a story based on what he told her about the happenings -- even not coming forward with information she had about the commission of a crime. She could have been a passive actor, or yes, all in -- we just don't know yet.

Thank God none of us are judged by what complete strangers see in our photographs, whether sports highlight clips or mug shots. He acts smug and entitled in a sports clip? His family probably had to move across country because of some secret in his past? He's unattractive and has scrawny arms so must troll for sex with children? She looks angry and obviously has a nasty attitude (nevermind that she was probably dragged out of bed, interrogated for hours, and is scared to death)? Not enough birthday wishes on Facebook so must be unpopular? Does anybody recognize a tiny modicum of the bullying tone that so many of us have been blasting here? Anybody?

I totally get that people are angry. Trust me, so am I. But running these two teenagers down and attributing all kinds of thoughts, motivations and actions to them with nothing yet to back it up muddies the water we are all trying to navigate here.

There's a reason the very best detectives and LEOs (and doctors and nurses) are those who can think dispassionately in a crisis. The truth is usually awful enough without hand-wringing or embellishment, and it's the truth that must be found. Just something to think about.

Well he is being charged with first degree murder, and he was in jail when Keepers was arrested the next day. I have no idea if she was being questioned the entire time.

I don't know. Some drug or alcohol? Would have hurt her liver too.

True! I thought maybe heroine. But, again, OBE is accurate in her description of the "meth look", another plague.

Da heck??? HOW does one go from helping someone with math, to convincing them to hide a body???? Feel like I"m in a twilight zone...you just can't make this chit up. Reality is much scarier than my imagination!!!

The ME on NG earlier tonight (Sorry wasn't home to see it) was it THE ME for Nicole, or just a ME in general? Because if there was no visible sign of cause of death, that eases my mind. I've been so afraid they were looking for the 'rest of' the body in that pond on VT campus.

Haven't seen this one posted here, but it may have been in one of the news articles. It's a video Natalie made about unemployment among college graduates. It has quite some footage of her in it.

https://youtu.be/HPN3qYGIChs

I posted in the first thread that I'd been reading around a bit and it seems like taking a street drug would be more dangerous to someone with a liver transplant than alcohol.

I worked at a world-class botanical garden when our Amorphophallus Titanum (carrion flower) came into bloom, which is an extremely rare and very stinky event. However it received national coverage and was a very big deal in botany and horticulture circles. We were very excited about the bloom and the attention it garnered. I guess we were all creepy.

So, again, creepy is in the eye of the beholder. However, I prefer "geeky" or "smart".

Da heck??? HOW does one go from helping someone with math, to convincing them to hide a body???? Feel like I"m in a twilight zone...you just can't make this chit up. Reality is much scarier than my imagination!!!

The ME on NG earlier tonight (Sorry wasn't home to see it) was it THE ME for Nicole, or just a ME in general? Because if there was no visible sign of cause of death, that eases my mind. I've been so afraid they were looking for the 'rest of' the body in that pond on VT campus.

They're looking for a knife, or maybe a syringe... Not a gun.

I worked at a world-class botanical garden when our Amorphophallus Titanum (carrion flower) came into bloom, which is an extremely rare and very stinky event. However it received national coverage and was a very big deal in botany and horticulture circles. We were very excited about the bloom and the attention it garnered. I guess we were all creepy.

So, again, creepy is in the eye of the beholder. However, I prefer "geeky" or "smart".

Does it smell like rotting dead flesh? Yeah, I kind of see them as "Big Bang".... sort of... there's something there. I'd rather smell a rose, even with thorns.

Just pointing out that nobody has been accused of helping to dispose of a body (not those words). She is accused of providing comfort, aid, etc etc (it was detailed a few posts back, I'll look and bring it forward) AFTER the commission of a completed felony by DE. Now, certainly rhis can change. But at this point, I think her charges could be related to something like picking DE up, hiding him if he came to her for help, helping concoct a story based on what he told her about the happenings -- even not coming forward with information she had about the commission of a crime. She could have been a passive actor, or yes, all in -- we just don't know yet.

Snipped

There's two charges for her aren't there? Accessory after the fact and disposing of a body

Snipped

There's two charges for her aren't there? Accessory after the fact and disposing of a body

Yes,

Keepers, 19, went to Hammond High School in Columbia. She is charged with improper disposal of a body and accessory after the fact in the commission of a felony.

Keepers interned at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, led science experiments at her church's Bible school and hoped to build a future in aerospace or ocean engineering, her online resume said.

"It's just very, very surprising," said her principal, Marcia Leonard.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/virginia-tech-students-from-maryland-arraigned-in-girls-death/37757768

His liver was weak too, if he was recovering from mono... that can take months to recover from and leave lifelong comorbidities.

Does it smell like rotting dead flesh? Yeah, I kind of see them as "Big Bang".... sort of... there's something there. I'd rather smell a rose, even with thorns.

Supposedly they smell like rotting flesh (in order to attract insects for pollination) but IMO, the odor is more like old kitchen garbage needing to be taken out than dead animal. In any case, yes it is stinky. But the fact that these things bloom so very rarely makes them kind of a pissing match between botanical gardens and conservatories as to who can bring one into bloom. Although now that they are more commonly cultivated, it is less rare.

Sorry for the O/T, but I share this interest with NK and I promise I am not a "creeper". Just a geek. ;)

Supposedly they smell like rotting flesh (in order to attract insects for pollination) but IMO, the odor is more like old kitchen garbage needing to be taken out than dead animal. In any case, yes it is stinky. But the fact that these things bloom so very rarely makes them kind of a pissing match between botanical gardens and conservatories as to who can bring one into bloom. Although now that they are more commonly cultivated, it is less rare.

Sorry for the O/T, but I share this interest with NK and I promise I am not a "creeper". Just a geek. ;)

Oh, I know you're not! It's cool that people are into plants. We need them to breathe. She interned at NASA, so I think she's smart too. Probably has a wide variety of interests. And, she could be looking POd in the photo from being tricked by the runner.

Yes, I have seen cases of mono in preschoolers. Also, nowadays it does not require the isolation I remember from my HS days in the 80's. Back then it seemed mono meant missing school and being quarrantined for months!

My DD got it when she was around 10 years old and she was fine to return to school in a week. I about fell over! Whaaat?

Did she suffer any lingering symptoms? Easy fatigability, tiredness, etc.

So, does that mean she was aware she was helping transport a dead body?
I'm no expert, but I'd say it doesn't indicate knowledge, necessarily. I would assume that would be one of the few valid defences in this case. I mean, if I get picked up carrying drugs shoved in my bag by someone else, they'd still charge me and I'd have to present my defence. I think it's hard to imagine someone transporting a body and never realizing it. They're big and awkward and strangely shaped, and potentially smelly. You'd have to conceal it very carefully to keep me from wondering what on earth it was. Just moo.

This is one of my pet peeves!! I had mono a number of times when I was younger, and everyone would joke "who've you been kissing," or "ohh where'd you get that from?" It's such a misconception. I was single and prudish! Lol.

So, who sneezed on you? Who were you eating after? Just kidding! Germaphobe here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm