VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Walk-on" just means he tried out for the team once he got there and made it, as kind of an "extra" with no scholarship etc...

I was looking yesterday through some of Nicole's friends' pages on FB. On one that had a picture of the missing poster someone had posted Praying. Then another person posted something like 'Makes me sad I was so mean'.
That comment is now gone.

I hope one thing that comes out of this is that these girls think before bullying online or in person.

Sadly, I don't see that happening. I was bullied so badly in grade school, right in front of teachers and nuns, not a thing was ever done and there was not a single adult I could turn to. Kids from other grades I had never met would beat me on the street. Even my former best friend stayed away. Although I did receive a nice apology note from her 23 years later, so there's that.

I spent a great deal of my life trying to recover from what my "peers" did to me, and I know others have done the same since time began. Your child could end up as the victim OR the bully without you ever seeing a thing. It's up to parents to to know what's going on, instilling values of kindness, humility, and compassion from a young age -- and although it's a *very* tall order -- putting your own desires, troubles, and sometimes petty bickering second. Let your kids can see what a real stand-up adult is made of. (Hint: It's not someone who thinks, "My child, right or wrong.")

You can never be sure what others have done to create your child's character. But you can know you've done your very best by them when it's time for them to begin their own journey. You can even, once they're grown, become their friend.

TL:DR -- There but for the grace of God go we all.

All JMO, naturally. [emoji202]

This says he has a court appointed attorney. Did that change?
"David Eisenhauer was appointed an attorney. Chris Tuck will represent Eisenhauer. Tuck is a court-appointed attorney."

http://m.wdbj7.com/news/local/eisenhauer-to-be-arraigned-monday-morning/37748620

ETA: wondering because if his parents are NOT paying for a high profile attorney with experience in these kinds of cases if/when they could afford to do so, that would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If one of my kids kidnapped and murdered a young girl they would have to use a public defender. I would not buy them a high priced lawyer---sorry. If they were falsely accused then that would be a different story.

Does anyone know if NK also participated in Track? My oldest met quite a few friends from other schools through Track meets throughout his high school career. There is a lot of down time in track that allows you to hang out and get to know other students.

Maybe the parents refuse to help him. Maybe they are tired of his antics. I get that he isn't sure who owns his car... maybe mom and dad have been cleaning up after him all along. IDK JMO.

when i was 18 my dad cosigned my car, after i was married a car pulled out in front of my husband and totaled the car, cop asked hubby who does the car belong too he said i dont know he told them the car was registered to my wife and her father, we are married so i dont know if that makes it mine too are not ,. he knew my dad name was still on the registration, I just never fooled with having him removed. so that could just be something like that he not sure. he might of paid for but it still in his parents name like mine.

If one of my kids kidnapped and murdered a young girl they would have to use a public defender. I would not buy them a high priced lawyer---sorry. If they were falsely accused then that would be a different story.

I agree. However, I would assume most parents with decent families would obviously assume their kid didn't do it?

Amazing that he did so poorly in the race he ran two weeks befor NL 's death! What happened to this kid? It must be traumatic for him to be so outstanding in high school and so lousy in college.

Just a thought in DE and NK's relationship. It may be that only one of them has a car. Since they are both engineering students, live close, they may have ridden together on the trips back home. And that is how their friendship developed.

In NK's mug shot, her eyes look like they could shoot darts she is so angry! DE may not have told her what he was up to until they were well on their way or had arrived. With that desolate area where they were, maybe he coerced her.

Right - but in that scenario it would mean his own parents think he's guilty. Which is huge, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing that he did so poorly in the race he ran two weeks befor NL 's death! What happened to this kid? It must be traumatic for him to be so outstanding in high school and so lousy in college.

Just a thought in DE and NK's relationship. It may be that only one of them has a car. Since they are both engineering students, live close, they may have ridden together on the trips back home. And that is how their friendship developed.

In NK's mug shot, her eyes look like they could shoot darts she is so angry! DE may not have told her what he was up to until they were well on their way or had arrived. With that desolate area where they were, maybe he coerced her.

I agree she looks livid in her picture. Too bad. I just can't imagine any scenario where she could have innocently helped him do this. At some point when she realized what was going on, she needed to contact LE (even if it was after the fact).

Who is this hipster dude on NG? I haven't watched this in a while

No clue! But, nobody would argue with her.... She was calling the guy every name in the book! She even said B@$+@rd... I'm a little shocked.

I would think he'd be able to convince mom and dad it's all just a big misunderstanding/setup/etc. Or mom & dad can't afford an attorney, or they will appoint one at a later time.

Interesting--where did you find the info about the race he ran & didn't do well in? 2 weeks before her death he would have been on winter break...interesting.

Sadly, I don't see that happening. I was bullied so badly in grade school, right in front of teachers and nuns, not a thing was ever done and there was not a single adult I could turn to. Kids from other grades I had never met would beat me on the street. Even my former best friend stayed away. Although I did receive a nice apology note from her 23 years later, so there's that.

I spent a great deal of my life trying to recover from what my "peers" did to me, and I know others have done the same since time began. Your child could end up as the victim OR the bully without you ever seeing a thing. It's up to parents to to know what's going on, instilling values of kindness, humility, and compassion from a young age -- and although it's a *very* tall order -- putting your own desires, troubles, and sometimes petty bickering second. Let your kids can see what a real stand-up adult is made of. (Hint: It's not someone who thinks, "My child, right or wrong.")

You can never be sure what others have done to create your child's character. But you can know you've done your very best by them when it's time for them to begin their own journey. You can even, once they're grown, become their friend.

TL:DR -- There but for the grace of God go we all.

All JMO, naturally. [emoji202]

Beautiful post. I'm sorry you were bullied so much. :(
My 3 siblings bullied me. School was my safe place.

Why did they give DE a first degree charge of murder and in our Florida case, only give CWW and JR a second degree murder charge?

Isn't it evident that the two in Florida committed that murder just as LE say evidence points to DE on this murder?

Some interesting information about College Track Scholarships at this link: http://www.athleticscholarships.net/trackandfieldscholarships.htm

Each year coaches evaluate their team’s needs and use their scholarships to award their top performing athletes as well as try and attract new athletes. For this reason, most scholarships are partial scholarships as coaches are dividing their track scholarships up to attract several top athletes.

In order to be a scholarship athlete you need to be able to come in and immediately be scoring points at the conference, regional and national level.

NCAA D1 Track and Field

This is the top level of college track and field. The athletes that are competing here are among the best in the world. For many athletes just competing at this level never mind getting a scholarship can be a tremendous accomplishment. It is always good to have a couple D1 schools on your list but if your times or marks don’t match up to the athletes currently on the team you might need to look at the other division levels.

And the link also has a table of times and stats that would be necessary for each level of competition. I haven't looked up DE's stats to compare, but having a current first year college athlete (football not track -- he only did high school track), college is a whole 'nother level of competition and it can take time to get up to playing speed. It could be that if he had stayed straight and worked hard he could have earned a scholarship in a year or two when he could be contributing points to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61