VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IG, was that person writing TO Nicole or was it a message to that David?

I know it was discussed pages ago, I remember reading it, but don't remember what IG meant. InstaGram? I guess? I'm going? I'm gaming? In game? What's it mean? I don't know the lingo obviously. Never used KIK, twitter, instagram, periscope, etc.

The message was sent by Nicole. As for Ig, personally whenever my friends and I use it we mean Instragram

So I haven't been able to sleep, so I've been sleuthing NL Instagram. She has 1 that is private and one that is wide open. And boy does it make me sad. She was vulnerable...I'm pretty sure if you look up vulnerable in the dictionary her beautiful lil face would be there. She was searching for acceptance and love, she was searching too hard for her age. The immaturity alone in her comments scream "I'm 13, and not a mature 13." Like a beacon to be preyed upon.
Over the last 11weeks (roughly 11/16/15) she has been in "love" with at least 4 individuals. One of which causes her the most turmoil to the point of threatening to kill herself. 13 year olds can be dramatic, I know but worth keeping in mind.
Based on a screenshot from another site posted on her Instagram, DE possibly enters her life around 9 weeks ago (roughly November 30, 2015). And during this time she is fairly upset about the loser guy not wanting her anymore.
So my theory JMO is perhaps DE was a shoulder to cry on. Maybe she talked about killing herself? DE has been described as well liked but kind of on the outskirts of everyone, maybe a little odd. NK was well liked, but watching her we all agree something is off. What if this is much bigger then we realize and perhaps NK and DE are part of a group much bigger. People who understand pain and suffering (or their ploy) and offer to assist in a way out. There are plenty of holes in my theory. I'm working on "truth will set me free" , the fact that she brought her beloved minion blanket , and with all the Instagram turmoil. Again jmo might not make sense as again I haven't slept. Lol

This may be the most bizarre case I have ever followed on WS. I just don't get it.

Does anyone have a link to an earlier post that had all of the social media accounts listed? I recall seeing it early on.

Did these two think they were going to get away with this? I find it so strange. They're clearly not dumb people. Was there some part of their plan that backfired?

Yea, using social media and having NO common sense.

Apologies if I double post - I'm a newbie.
Does anyone else get a bit of a "faces of meth" feeling about DE and NK's mug shots? I know those aren't known to use flattering lighting but his face looks thinner to me, and sooo pale, and I don't see those dark circles in other pics. There seem to be some spots on his nose that might be "picking" sores. NK looks very pasty and "dead in the eyes" and her lips look super chapped/maybe chewed. A far cry from her healthy looking older pics.
I wonder if they started out using adderall or somesuch as a study aid last semester and then fell off the deep end into the dark, grim world of amphetamine abuse, amplifying any sinister tendencies either or both of them have that might have otherwise never risen to the surface.
Just a guess...

Great 1st post, thanks for jumping in..

Principal at Wilde Lake High School says David Eisenhauer was an excellent student-athlete who ran track, had many friends and wanted to be an engineer.

Hammond High School Principal says Natalie Keepers was involved with the theater program, literary magazine and had a passion for engineering.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...mother-says-teen-was-bullied-before-her-death

Is NK still scheduled before court today on the new charges?

EDIT: Found it:

Keepers will likely be arraigned on the new charge during a 12:30 p.m. Wednesday bond hearing.

Natalie Keepers, 19, of Laurel, MD, and Blacksburg, VA, will be charged today with being an Accessory Before the Fact to the First Degree Murder of Nicole Lovell. That charge carries a term of from 20 years to life in prison. In addition, she remains charged with Concealing a Dead Body, a felony carrying a maximum term of 10 years, and with being an Accessory After the Fact, a misdemeanor carrying a maximum term of 12 months in jail.

http://wric.com/2016/02/03/visitation-today-for-slain-13-year-old-nicole-madison-lovell/
http://nrvnews.com/crimewatch/additional-charges-placed-in-lovell-murder/

Funeral Arrangements for Nicole M. Lovell

The Blacksburg Police Department wish to share the following information on the funeral arrangements for Nicole M. Lovell.

VISITATION: The visitation is scheduled for Wednesday (February 3) from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at McCoy Funeral Home, 150 Country Club Dr. Blacksburg, Virginia. This is closed to media. Media are asked not to approach those in attendance.

FUNERAL SERVICE: The funeral service will begin Thursday (February 4) at 3 p.m. at McCoy Funeral Home, 150 Country Club Dr. Blacksburg, Virginia.
The family does not want media inside the church during the service. We ask that media respect their wishes.

BURIAL: Immediately following the funeral service will be the graveside burial Blacksburg. NO MEDIA are allowed to attend the burial.

Please note that the family has specifically requested not to be contacted or approached by the media during the services. The Department thanks you in advance for honoring their wishes.

http://nrvnews.com/crimewatch/additional-charges-placed-in-lovell-murder/

Nicole's obituary: http://nrvnews.com/obituaries/lovell-nicole-madison/

In Montgomery County (Blacksburg and others) news:

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office announced a new partnership with local organization Help Save the Next Girl. New sheriff Hank Partin revealed plans for a Help Save the Next Girl wrap that will go on a patrol car in the next few weeks. He also said a main priority is to get a chapter of the organization in every Montgomery County high school.

http://nrvnews.com/area-news/sheriffs-office-to-partner-with-help-save-the-next-girl/

This may be the most bizarre case I have ever followed on WS. I just don't get it.

Does anyone have a link to an earlier post that had all of the social media accounts listed? I recall seeing it early on.

I agree. This case ranks up there with Skylar Neese's murder by her two childhood best friends. Social media was a BIG component of that as well.

I did realize she had siblings. I wonder their ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are older - (maybe like 18 and 16) and do not live with her.

I've followed this case in MM since the get-go and only came here to read because I wanted to know more. In truth, it's taken me days to catch up. This case is "local" to me because I live in the same state and am a retired teacher who had dealt, somewhat successfully with bullying for 31 years. I couldn't keep reading as I normally do, this case is just too close to my heart and it breaks every few minutes I'm here.

I'll probably stick to lurking and occasionally posting.

I have two specific comments to add to the discussion here.

#1 is the quote that "the truth will set me free" as quoted from DE.

Actually, his quote is " “I believe the truth can set me free.” If you're a Judge Judy fan, the BELIEVE part is what gives away his true feelings, but is not a factual statement. What he BELIEVES has nothing to do with the facts. If this guy was able to lure and kill this vulnerable 13-year-old and get away with it, his thought process is indeed, severely impaired.

#2 Pure speculation on my part. I do think that DE trolled KIK looking for a vulnerable victim. Colie was an easy target, based on the bullying that was taking place there. I'm an old lady now, but, in a way, I'm glad that I didn't grow up with social media. I was never really bullied at school but I didn't quite fit in. I had friends, but not super-duper ones. I found my way to fine friends only in college. In fact, over 40 years later, some of those people are still my best friends.

I was patient and waited. Unfortunately, today tweens, as well as many others, feel compelled to grow up way before their time. They see others at school and on line and want what they have.

Colie had so many strikes against her in her short life. Due to her illness, her incredible strength, and courage kept her alive, but took such a terrible toll on her body. Instead of supporting her and giving her warmth and friendship, her peers rejected and belittled her. She never had a chance with them.

Based on my experience, I wish ONE teacher had noticed and helped her. Here's only one example of how one person can make a difference.

I was called into a conference with a parent prior to the beginning of the school year. I would have one brain-damaged boy in class. He had normal intelligence, but was slow to process information. He had to be told to wash and change his clothes. His appearance was disconcerting.

With that in mind, when I paired students up for the beginning of school, I approached a lovely young lady who I had befriended and had taught before. I gave a very brief description (no confidentiality broken). I told her that he would need a very special person to help him process information. She readily agreed. She truly became his friend and even his classmates were surprised at his good grades. They came to respect him in his differences. The girl would quietly inform me when his personal hygiene needed attention and I funneled that information to his mother.

He didn't stay long in our system, but I know he wasn't bullied anywhere. Word had spread.

Perhaps the best news of all from this one example was that the young girl who mentored him went on to become a terrific special education teacher in our school. She's still there.

Hugs silverkitty, I understand and have been that girl that was bullied too. My mother, verbally abusive didn't help either. Took years for my self esteem with a therapist to get built back up. I can relate to those that are bullied. My small 13 year old has had 3 incidents this school year with bullying. Fortunately, his school has zero tolerance and it has been dealt with each time. Bullied because he is small for his age. My heart goes out to those bullied. I always tell my son to be true to yourself. Be your own person and hold your head up high. He also has adhd and anxiety and on meds for both. He sees his dr and therapist regularly.

In Montgomery County (Blacksburg and others) news:

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office announced a new partnership with local organization Help Save the Next Girl. New sheriff Hank Partin revealed plans for a Help Save the Next Girl wrap that will go on a patrol car in the next few weeks. He also said a main priority is to get a chapter of the organization in every Montgomery County high school.

http://nrvnews.com/area-news/sheriffs-office-to-partner-with-help-save-the-next-girl/
That is just so awesome!

Nice catch. I find it odd that he would already have a VA license, as well. Since he's a freshman, he's only lived in VA for 7 months (as far as we know).

Honestly, bet he changed his address to get in state tuition...out of state is soooo much more.

That is just so awesome!

It's what every high school should have. My DD's high school had a guidance team that handled bullying but they did NOTHING but side with the popular crowd/parents and made my daughter feel like the bullying she received was HER fault.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with school crap any longer (she graduated last year) but I already feel bad for the next generation growing up on social media and the school administrations doing nothing about it.

Something needs to be done ASAP in every school system in America.

Warning!! Sheer speculation ahead!! Skip this post if you don't like meandering thoughts! :D

While it's totally possible that there's not much beneath the surface details of this case--that two somewhat socially awkward college students decided to lure a child to her death, just for kicks, the end--there are so many weird little mysteries here, the biggest of which is, what the HECK were they thinking?

I think that the people who feel there's something "off" with DE and the people who don't are both correct. He comes across as very focused and controlled and pretty full of himself, which could be a sign that he's keeping some out-of-control emotions under wraps. My son's the same age, and most kids this age that I know are just huge bags of confusion: who am I? what should I become? Who loves me? And it's all over their faces all the time. This kid, though. His coldness and arrogance would either isolate him or make him a part of a pretty small group of similarly ambitious kids who don't mix with the rest of them (my own goofball son included). Still, there are *many* weirder-seeming kids.

And it's not an unusual type in certain college majors. My suspicion is that he actually had grander ambitions than VT (which is an excellent school, don't get me wrong, and he should be counting his lucky stars) and expected a full-ride scholarship to MIT or something. In that news clip *everyone* says just how darned special he is. So, I bet he's angry and disappointed. Possibly WAY angrier than he lets on.

The young woman, NK, is also angry. The engineering track might even be something she felt pressured to go into by her family--if she needed math help from DE already, first semester in, she probably feels totally overwhelmed. She reportedly also likes theater, but if her performance on her video is any indication, she had no hope of getting very far with that, either.

So, two entitled-feeling suburban kids who are just now facing the cold realities of their averageness find each other.

It is SO WEIRD to me that college freshmen would get involved in any way with a local middle schooler. I live in a college town, and except for tutoring, the two worlds never collide. I can only think that DE and NK retreated into a virtual fantasy life of sorts and got some kind of validation from the attentions of little NL.

But still: making the jump to actually killing the child--and importantly, NOT covering their tracks in any way--makes me think of that kind of insanity that inflicts two people at once, "folie a deux." (BTW, they could have been back on campus as early as Jan 4, since VT has a short winter term, but not a mandatory one, I don't think.) I suspect they didn't really believe they were going to kill her, they were just playing out some grotesque fantasy about it, until they actually did it.

I kind of hate it when the media pay more attention to the perpetrators rather than the victims of a crime, which is what I'm doing. Still, little NL's motives for getting involved with these older people make total sense: she was lonely and sad. It's the perps' motives here that are so freaking weird and out of touch with reality.

I'm not totally discounting the possible involvement of drugs, either. Comparing the police logs to other similar-sized schools, VT has a serious drug problem.

The "truth will set me free" line could just be BS or it might refer to something that he thinks is significant: maybe the whole thing was NK's idea, or maybe she wielded the knife (do we know why they believe it was him?). Or, depending on what evidence they have, maybe it's possible that he was totally set up/cat-fished by NK (I doubt it).

Anyway. Carry on.

Honestly, bet he changed his address to get in state tuition...out of state is soooo much more.

I don't think it's that easy. I'm not sure in VA, but in NJ, tuition is based on where the parents live. My nephew went to a state college in NJ. He was born and raised in NJ, but his parents had moved out of state and he was there on his own. He had to pay out-of-state tuition. I also think there is a time factor involved. As a freshman, I doubt he could get in-state tuition.

Also, VT has acceptance rates based on location, as previously discussed here. He had to be accepted as a student from out-of-state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo