VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie Keepers not appearing in court today... Attorney withdrew bail hearing request. Back in court end of March #NicoleLovell

[video=twitter;694883157452136448]https://twitter.com/evapilgrim/status/694883157452136448[/video]

I guess they requested the bail hearing when she was "only"charged with aaf ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did realize she had siblings. I wonder their ages.

The below article/link reports that NL has:

One 16 year old sister who lives in Ohio...

A 19 year old brother that lives in Blacksburg, VA...

And a 23 year old brother that lives in South Carolina...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8d4732-c8f6-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

VA TECH STUDENTS MAKE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE IN DEATH OF 13 year old
(More at link above...)

It is SO WEIRD to me that college freshmen would get involved in any way with a local middle schooler. I live in a college town, and except for tutoring, the two worlds never collide. I can only think that DE and NK retreated into a virtual fantasy life of sorts and got some kind of validation from the attentions of little NL.

First time poster but I am a relatively recent VT grad (within the last 10 years) and I completely agree. Blacksburg has a very small population outside the university and a large disconnect with the local population. Nicole's apartment 12 minutes from the dorms might as well be in a different world. The area around campus (restaurants, shops, bars, etc.) is all very college focused. There is very little interaction between students and residents of Blacksburg, especially those that have nothing to do with the school.

Also wanted to comment on the car issue. It is expensive to have a car on campus as a freshman and most of the time, you have to park it far away from your dorm. Even if DE owned a car, that doesn't necessarily mean he had it at school with him.

Natalie Keepers not appearing in court today... Attorney withdrew bail hearing request. Back in court end of March #NicoleLovell

[video=twitter;694883157452136448]https://twitter.com/evapilgrim/status/694883157452136448[/video]

I guess they requested the bail hearing when she was "only"charged with aaf ?

She was previously represented by attorney Kristopher Olin, of the Blacksburg-based Spicer Law Firm. According to a letter attorneys submitted to the court clerk, Keepers has now retained both Olin and John Robertson, both of Spicer.

Wednesday’s bond hearing was canceled late Tuesday afternoon, the same day Montgomery County announced an additional charge for Keepers of accessory before the fact to Lovell’s first-degree murder. Keepers was previously charged with improper disposal of a body and being an accessory after the fact.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/b...cle_2852675d-991a-5782-b10e-0bb356ef666f.html

Warning!! Sheer speculation ahead!!.....

I can only think that DE and NK retreated into a virtual fantasy life of sorts and got some kind of validation from the attentions of little NL. .....

Snipped by me.

After thinking about this, I also am on the track that this was some weird fantasy or conviction the two perps were fulfilling. At the moment, I am not thinking this was sexual (with what we know now....could change).

Possibilities could be:
* Weird fantasy they pursued.
* Some superiority complex where they are "culling the pack" of misfits or injured.
*Helping people in misery end their lives....like the ugly trolls who encourage troubled people online to kill themselves.
* Plans to video the incident and make money?? I'm sure there is an underground network of indecent videos of torture, pain, etc. that isn't necessarily about sex acts.

I HATE THAT MY MIND IS EVEN THINKING THESE THINGS. Now that I type these thoughts out, they are bugging me even more.

What I really cannot come up with is accidental death followed by panic, not now that we know about the stabbing.

I am not seeing drug use with these two, but again, we don't know everything yet.

Beautiful insight into Nicole from Jane Vance. I didn't know that she worked at Nicole's school. For those that don't know, Jane was Morgan Harrington's professor and is very active in HSTNG.

http://m.collegiatetimes.com/opinio...c5e-c967-11e5-a254-bb69d6d0e511.html?mode=jqm

In this Letter to the Editor, Jane describes Nichole as a happy, loving, bubbly child. An opposite description than is painted from what we see on FB.

Was she one personality at school and home, and then in the privacy of her bedroom became this boy crazy tween seeking attention, love, and fun?

This case is a prime example of why middle school is a bad idea IMO. Sixth graders are not ready for the mix with seventh and eighth graders. Sixth graders are just coming into themselves, and being exposed to these older kids make them want to be more grown up too fast.

ETA: Nichole was a seventh grader meaning she had all last year to observe how girls attacked, what their interests were, etc. Sixth graders should be in elementary school where they can enjoy being the top grade. There is a big growth and mental development over the summer between sixth and seventh grade. IMO.

http://trenchreynolds.com/2016/02/02/kik-used-by-va-tech-student-in-murder-of-teen/

It's interesting - it states that "It’s believed that Eisenhauer met and communicated with Nicole through the smart phone messaging app Kik" and that "Nicole honestly believed that Eisenhauer was her boyfriend."

I've never used the "Kik" app but I've read many, many articles that this app is a favorite for pedophiles and creeps like DE and NK. It seems all Nicole wanted was some positive attention and love and DE took full advantage of that.

This is such a sad story and it just breaks my heart. Parents really need to be vigilant and continue to monitor their children's electronic devices - all the time! It could save their life.

RIP beautiful Nicole - you'll never be bullied or harassed again - you'll only feel love and happiness where you are now - fly with the angels pretty girl. :rose:

This case is just so bizarre and sad.

David seems on the surface so typical, so normal. VT is highly regarded as an engineering school. And as an out of state student, perhaps even tougher to get into. A huge accomplishment. That campus has to be overflowing with interesting young women. Nothing I've read or seen so far screams that this kid is off or different than any other 18 year old in college (with the exception of course that he was arrested for first degree murder). I wish we had more information.

Natalie, same thing. She was in theatre for pete's sake. I've never met a theatre kid I didn't like lol. They're typically not the popular kids (at least in my kids' school)...perhaps on par with band geeks lol (I've got a band kid, so no offense intended!). But they're typically good kids, social kids, smart kids, well-adjusted.

I just can't wrap my head around this crime.

In this Letter to the Editor, Jane describes Nichole as a happy, loving, bubbly child. An opposite description than is painted from what we see on FB.

Was she one personality at school and home, and then in the privacy of her bedroom became this boy crazy tween seeking attention, love, and fun?

This case is a prime example of why middle school is a bad idea IMO. Sixth graders are not ready for the mix with seventh and eighth graders. Sixth graders are just coming into themselves, and being exposed to these older kids make them want to be more grown up too fast.

ETA: Nichole was a seventh grader meaning she had all last year to observe how girls attacked, what their interests were, etc. Sixth graders should be in elementary school where they can enjoy being the top grade. There is a big growth and mental development over the summer between sixth and seventh grade. IMO.

I would describe her as bubbly and giddy, if not always happy. Even when she was posting to that guy that she was crying, it was a bubbly kind of posting, complete with pictures of her making a kind of pleasant face with tears, and icons with tears pouring out of them and then quickly "don't you even care". I never saw her write anything at all mean on social media, although a lot of it was very immature. The one profane exchange with her dad wasn't nice, but overall I'd call her bubbly.

Perhaps the best news of all from this one example was that the young girl who mentored him went on to become a terrific special education teacher in our school. She's still there.

The thanks button just wasn't enough. This is a fantastic example of how 1 person can make a tremendous difference. As a mom to a special needs (adult) child, thank you. And thank you for sharing this.

I don't think it's that easy. I'm not sure in VA, but in NJ, tuition is based on where the parents live. My nephew went to a state college in NJ. He was born and raised in NJ, but his parents had moved out of state and he was there on his own. He had to pay out-of-state tuition. I also think there is a time factor involved. As a freshman, I doubt he could get in-state tuition.

Also, VT has acceptance rates based on location, as previously discussed here. He had to be accepted as a student from out-of-state.

I went to Michigan as an out-of-state student for undergrad and then again as a PhD student, and despite the fact that I had not lived with my parents for many years, and they moved away from my home state before I even finished college (so I didn't really have a state of residence other than Michigan for any of the nearly 10 years I lived there), I never qualified as in-state!

I went to Michigan as an out-of-state student for undergrad and then again as a PhD student, and despite the fact that I had not lived with my parents for many years, and they moved away from my home state before I even finished college (so I didn't really have a state of residence other than Michigan for any of the nearly 10 years I lived there), I never qualified as in-state!

I think it depends on the state and maybe even the institution. My DH and I moved to a city to get residency for his graduate school - and we weren't there very long before he was able to get that status. One of the first things we did was get new drivers licenses in the new state.

David seems on the surface so typical, so normal. VT is highly regarded as an engineering school. And as an out of state student, perhaps even tougher to get into. A huge accomplishment. That campus has to be overflowing with interesting young women.
Good points. In addition, he is from Columbia, Maryland. Columbia was one of the first master planned communites in the USA and is historically assosciated with upper income professionals (the type of people that can afford out of state tuition). So in addition to the other attributes you mentioned, he may well also come from a affluent background.
Natalie, same thing. She was in theatre for pete's sake. I've never met a theatre kid I didn't like lol. They're typically not the popular kids But they're typically good kids, social kids, smart kids, well-adjusted.
My experience with them as been the same. They are literary minded and put in alot of hours for not nearly the same level of accolades as the jocks.

Good points. In addition, he is from Columbia, Maryland. Columbia was one of the first master planned communites in the USA and is historically assosciated with upper income professionals (the type of people that can afford out of state tuition). So in addition to the other attributes you mentioned, he may well also come from a affluent background.

Columbia has some not so great pockets and Laurel, where the girl is from, is not so great at all. And Columbia isn't what it once was. No, it's not really all that affluent. Why does any of this matter though? They are charged with bad things. A little girls is dead.

You know we need some new information when it's come down to discussing residency! I'm really surprised there hasn't been a single interview with anybody stating what the relationship was between Eisenhauer and Keepers. Obviously somebody knew both of them. Have police or school officials asked them to keep quiet? I really haven't seen much of anything except he kept to his room a lot which doesn't sound like an 18-year old with a girlfriend.

As for residency, I live near the state line. Way back when I went to college a friend tried to sneak in as in-state and was rejected. The college gave him a list of proofs he had to have. So, over the fall semester he got an in-state job, started paying his grandmother rent and got a drivers license. When he went back for the next semester they didn't ask for any proof.

I have'nt commented on this case yet but as soon as I heard that Nicole was on KIK; I thought of Alexis Murphy. In addition to being on all the usual sites, FB, IG, Twitter and making tons of Vines, she too was on KIK as well as the horrible Ask dot fm. (For some reason, Not allowed to link the last one here.)

When will these kids learn that the entire world has access to thier public posts? And, that the world is full of predators just waiting for the attention seeking and sometimes lonely, vulnerable and sometimes misfit kids to come online?

Columbia has some not so great pockets and Laurel, where the girl is from, is not so great at all. And Columbia isn't what it once was. No, it's not really all that affluent. VT isn't all that tough to get into. Why does any of this matter though? They are charged with bad things. A little girls is dead.

An article I read sounded like both came from nice neighborhoods. It doesn't really matter except people seem to think it's even more odd that they appeared to have everything going for them but still did something incredibly horrible. Perhaps if they came from rough backgrounds people wouldn't be so amazed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties