VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Strangely, it appears that the above Tweeet has been deleted, and I haven't been able to find a copy of the arrest warrant.

I am sorry if this has already been pointed out, and/or if the screenshot I am going to try to attach here is not allowed (mods, please snip/delete, if not permitted). Alternatively, here is the link (which I do believe is allowed): https://www.instagram.com/p/-pcJ2gtrUM/?taken-by=nicky_maddie_lovell_15114

I know we haven't agreed as to whether the "David A" here is in fact David Eisenhauer, but I believe that it is (besides, AP reported that the mother of Nicole's 8-year-old neighbors told them "her daughters told her that the seventh-grader had showed them a picture of "David," along with a thread of texts they had shared using the Kik Messenger app on her phone.").

Nicole posted this to Instagram nine weeks ago (or November 28th to be exact; this shows up if you hover the mouse over the "9w"), and it shows that "David A." had texted her the previous Friday, which would have been November 27th.

I am so glad that Ms. Snider, the neighbor, spoke up. Without the tip, I suspect it would have taken LE quite a bit longer to connect the dots.

It appears his message was "lg". From internet slang sites, that's "little girl."

It was reported by one of NK's friends that they first heard of DE when she said he was tutoring her in math. The same friends indicated that she had a boyfriend and it was not DE.

So a first year student was tutoring a second year? The article I saw said that she tutored freshmen in math. Either way, if you're struggling with math that early in engineering then you'd best be looking at other majors.

Wow. I have been lurking these threads, and I have to say that on day one before we knew anything about this case, I had a strange feeling that her disappearance was like Jessica Ridgeway's disappearance. A killer looking for his first victim. I feel so bad for her and her family. She made a terrible choice and she's gone now. I am so afraid for my kiddos with social media and the way kids operate. :(

So a first year student was tutoring a second year? The article I saw said that she tutored freshmen in math. Either way, if you're struggling with math that early in engineering then you'd best be looking at other majors.

I just posted a link to a Washington Post article that said DE helped NK with her math (according to a friend). That doesn't mean he tutored her. Maybe they were classmates and worked together on a project.

I'm not sure I'd automatically equate DE's "helping" NK with math homework with "tutoring." My college age son has a group of classmates that get together. It's more of a study group, and yes, sometimes they'll do homework together. Tutoring, to me, is a more formal arrangement (free or paid). I know I'm splitting hairs and its just my opinion...

I just posted a link to a Washington Post article that said DE helped NK with her math (according to a friend). That doesn't mean he tutored her. Maybe they were classmates and worked together on a project.

I must've been typing why you were posting, but we're of the same mind as this.

https://twitter.com/Annie_Andersen/status/694960824788631552/photo/1

Looks like they think they have been plotting since 1/4

Thanks!
Just posting the image of the court document from the twitter.
CaT_LBAWEAAvVM8.jpg

I'm not sure I'd automatically equate DE's "helping" NK with math homework with "tutoring." My college age son has a group of classmates that get together. It's more of a study group, and yes, sometimes they'll do homework together. Tutoring, to me, is a more formal arrangement (free or paid). I know I'm splitting hairs and its just my opinion...

Sigh. Thanks. This is exactly what I mean when I say people are trying to elevate DE. He studies with friends, yet that somehow means he is tutoring kids and is proof of how intelligent he is.

Sigh. Thanks. This is exactly what I mean when I say people are trying to elevate DE. He studies with friends, yet that somehow means he is tutoring kids and is proof of how intelligent he is.

obviously he isn't as smart as he wants everyone to think he is... quite stupid if you ask me

That is an I, not an L. It could mean "Instagram" or "I guess" or any number of different things.

There are a lot of meanings for Ig, that would be one of the nicer ones. Look it up..

My take is that these kids had much more "average" abilities than they thought and that the people around them thought. Just looking at their videos, it's clear their communities thought they were something special. Perhaps that gave them a sense of entitlement, a kind of disregard for anyone who got in their way.

Or perhaps they got to school and were struggling, realized they were on the verge of disappointing everyone, and decided to blow up their lives with a bang. Why they had to kill a child in the process is a mystery, though.

Just more idle speculation while we wait for the facts to come out...

As for Eisenhauer's math abilities:

http://www.businessinsider.com/virg...id-eisenhauer-in-student-athlete-video-2016-2

It sounds like he was supposedly good at tough math but the story also points out somebody saying he actually received a "D." That story has a video interview with him.

That quote from the student is not consistent with what the principal of the high school said " James LeMon, principal at Wilde Lake High School, where Eisenhauer graduated as part of the Class of 2015.....

“He was a very good student here, very goal-driven and focused, and did very well athletically and academically,” he said.

I am a high school teacher and I would never say that about a student who made a D in any subject. Especially math as that is one of the core courses.

Very sickening! It IMO doesn't provide many details about the relationship between NK and DE. It also doesn't indicate that NK had prior knowledge of this.

Very sickening! It IMO doesn't provide many details about the relationship between NK and DE. It also doesn't indicate that NK had prior knowledge of this.

Very true. There's nothing in that version to back up charges of accessory BEFORE the fact. And there seems to be no reason for her to get involved. Her best hope is that he called for help without explaining why. Once she arrived she was too scared to say no. I don't think that's what happened but it seems to be her best angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay