VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. There's nothing in that version to back up charges of accessory BEFORE the fact. And there seems to be no reason for her to get involved. Her best hope is that he called for help without explaining why. Once she arrived she was too scared to say no. I don't think that's what happened but it seems to be her best angle.

LE would not have added the charge of accessory before the fact if NK was only involved afterward. LE must have some evidence that she knew what was going to happen.

Very sickening! It IMO doesn't provide many details about the relationship between NK and DE. It also doesn't indicate that NK had prior knowledge of this.

Could he have threatened NK? He did have a knife..............hmmm JMO

kik is worse!

And so is OoVoo

OoVoo is a video chat and messaging app, and is available for iPhone/iPod/iPads and Androids. You can also use OoVoo on a computer (PC or MAC). With OoVoo you can video chat with up to 12 people at a time; you can see four people at once on screen during these video chats.Feb 16, 2014

At presser the other day Chief never heard of Kik...

Your ATTENTION please:

For the moment Orly Salinas is not considered MSM or an acceptable source. You can read his stuff but lets leave it at the door.

Just quoting this for people who may have missed it back on page 32.

Ugh, feeling very pessimistic. I don't see any way to "save the next girl" as long as young girls and teens are going online and either agreeing to meet up with strangers, or providing enough info, inadvertently or not, as to where they can be found. Imo, fighting all of the internet sites and apps teens use is impossible. If they don't or can't do it from home, they find ways to do it elsewhere, i,e a friend's house or any wifi "hot spot" . Sure, there will be an online trail to follow but sadly, always after the fact. Jmo

Sigh. Thanks. This is exactly what I mean when I say people are trying to elevate DE. He studies with friends, yet that somehow means he is tutoring kids and is proof of how intelligent he is.

I work in academia with some very intelligent young men and women. When I watched his H.S. video, I didn't like it. There are a few VERY smart people who I work with and get a chill from and do not trust one bit. I've genuinely been afraid of these people. For me, it doesn't matter how smart they are, if there's something off in a person, it's just off. I agree, we certainly shouldn't elevate DE because he is smart. Natalie interned at NASA for crying out loud!

Ugh, feeling very pessimistic. I don't see any way to "save the next girl" as long as young girls and teens are going online and either agreeing to meet up with strangers, or providing enough info, inadvertently or not, as to where they can be found. Imo, fighting all of the internet sites and apps teens use is impossible. If they don't or can't do it from home, they find ways to do it elsewhere, i,e a friend's house or any wifi "hot spot" . Sure, there will be an online trail to follow but sadly, always after the fact. Jmo

I have that same feeling. Generally, teens are unable to recognize some of the consequences we can easily see. i think this is a parent/guardian issue of learning to parent in this digital age--- going beyond the surface and really supervising kids in different ways. I also think we need to put resources into predator identification and management. We can all find the sites that are predatory so maybe it is time for the laws to be put into place that hold companies accountable for the oversight of their products. This is a security issue.

I can only hope that parents who have been reading this story make changes. Otherwise, this girl and others have died in vain.

I just read the FB post and will keep it at that.

I'm not taking up for Keepers, but could she have mistakenly been involved and too scared to tell the police right away?

Perhaps something went down like this:

DE calls Keepers and says he's at the ponds and needs help. He got into an accident. He doesn't specify what sort of accident and she goes to help him.

When she gets there she sees a knife, a lot of blood, and possibly a body. Perhaps she though DE Was going to stab her as well so she helped him.

Just a theory of course and it's probably wrong if they are saying the planning goes back to Jan 4th.

I'm not taking up for Keepers, but could she have mistakenly been involved and too scared to tell the police right away?

DE calls Keepers and says he's at the ponds and needs help. He got into an accident. He doesn't specify what sort of accident and she goes to help him.

When she gets there she sees a knife, a lot of blood, and possibly a body. Perhaps she though DE Was going to stab her as well so she helped him.

Just a theory of course and it's probably wrong if they are saying the planning goes back to Jan 4th.

That's one version I thought of except it wouldn't explain the charge of being an accessory before the fact.

I feel the same way, but with cases like this one, it often comes down to self esteem and awareness on behalf of family and friends. I'm NOT laying blame anywhere but with her murderers. However, there were 3+ adults living in that apartment with Nicole and not a one knew of any of this (and it wasn't hard to find). Maybe they didn't know about kik, but googling her name brought up her IG and that would have told you enough right there.

And then she told people?? Why not tell the POLICE. Ugh the whole thing makes me angry. But if they are charging her with accessory BEFORE there must be something else they have on her

And so is OoVoo

OoVoo is a video chat and messaging app, and is available for iPhone/iPod/iPads and Androids. You can also use OoVoo on a computer (PC or MAC). With OoVoo you can video chat with up to 12 people at a time; you can see four people at once on screen during these video chats.Feb 16, 2014

At presser the other day Chief never heard of Kik...

Nicole had OoVoo, too. She must have been on just about everything that scares us parents.

That's one version I thought of except it wouldn't explain the charge of being an accessory before the fact.

Yeah...I wonder if they didn't do math together, but trolled tweens for kicks and baited the poor kid and then DE or both decided that they had to get rid of her...or something like that. NK may not have helped plan her murder, but she was certainly the person he would call for assistance after he killed her, because she was involved in the trolling???Just speculating. JMO

Imo, parents have to, at minimum, check usage daily to see where their child went online as well as all apps. Adults need to take charge of learning what these sites and apps are. Kids may still manage to get online elsewhere, but checking history daily could help catch warning signs a lot earlier. Younger kids may think they can "erase" history but parents need to learn enough to be able to check this stuff. There is no other way, Imo, or even an excuse these days for parents not to get up to speed when this is such a potentially deadly issue. Local police departments could probably point to resources for parents. Jmo

I feel the same way, but with cases like this one, it often comes down to self esteem and awareness on behalf of family and friends. I'm NOT laying blame anywhere but with her murderers. However, there were 3+ adults living in that apartment with Nicole and not a one knew of any of this (and it wasn't hard to find). Maybe they didn't know about kik, but googling her name brought up her IG and that would have told you enough right there.

Yes I agree.. Parents need to wake up. I was really impressed with her family though calling 911 at 0657am and the police who took it serious enough to put out a bolo alarm right away.

Scroll down to 1/27 at 06:57
http://www.montgomerycountyva.gov/filestorage/16277/16895/17502/17567/19200/Week_of_01-24-2016.pdf

So, new idea. DE was communicating with Nicole. At some point NK saw some of their texts and asked about her. Perhaps they had some discussion about her young age with NK most likely warning him to drop it but she didn't report him. Thus, some slim justification for the "accessory before the fact" charge. Or maybe she egged him on. Or maybe she never even saw the photos and just thought it was an older girl and helped him to win her heart. That's about the best I can do to make any sense of NK getting involved. We just haven't heard of DE and NK having a close relationship beyond just study buddies.

One would tend to believe he had murder in mind or he'd never have had the knife handy. If he did have such a casual friendship with NK, then it seems unlikely he would have told her of the death when calling her. It seems more likely she didn't know what she was getting into when summoned, possibly with a lie. Upon arrival she may have been too afraid to run. Her big mistake was in not going straight to police at the first opportunity, but the young and nervous can make some bad decisions.

JMO, but I think he killed her because she was talking too much. Like telling all of her friends about their "relationship".

JMO, but I think he killed her because she was talking too much. Like telling all of her friends about their "relationship".

It's strange that she doesn't mention him at all on her Instagram or the FB that I saw.. I wonder if he made her keep quiet, or she was afraid someone would see it and she would get in trouble

I wonder if he will be charged with sexual assault. He might not have assaulted that night however so it might be hard to prove. At the very least it would be statutory rape and I imagine the felony of luring a minor online (the charge the boy in the St. Paul case got). They may not bother bc of proof issues and just go with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf