VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing that out, JohnTate90210.

That *sounds* like an expensive house for most people -- but it's in a premium East Coast market not far from the Capitol. (You'll also aee this price inflation in, say, San Francisco and other parts of California, where there are million-dollar starter homes, if you can find one.)

Their house is about double the median house value in Columbia so I think we can agree they're better off than most. I think Mr. Keepers' statements at the bond hearing about mattress and gluten allergies reminded at least a few of us of the recent affluenza defense.

I don't see any posts about the parents. Many of us are discussing her home because that's where she escaped from and it's part of sleuthing as one poster said on the previous page.

I'm not sure why people keep bringing up 'veiled puts downs' of either parent. And yes, this is a cautionary, horrible tragedy concerning social media. How could her home and home life not be discussed at some point? If she sneaked out of her school, we would be discussing the school as well.

Thank you. He is well. That's him, with his little sister, in my avatar pic. Army Special Forces Air Defense. He's in the Middle East, right now, quietly watching out for us all. We are glad to have him still with us. Everyday.

I have made my share of mistakes as a parent, but I do try and do my very best. I am forever learning and refining things as I go, and I am hugely grateful to the people I've met along the way, who had some encouraging words, at those times when I may have dropped the ball.
Amazing! Please thank him for his service and all of the sacrifices he makes for the rest of us! ❤

I thought the discussion about finances was mostly in regards to relying on a public defender or not. You can call a 600K+ house, a Mercedes, and a Lexus "not that rich" but except under exceptional circumstances I would assume people who own all three able to hire someone other than a free public defender or at least have the resources to get the money. I think it is very curious that he is sticking with the public defender unless there is something we don't know.
I did hear the public defender is actually quite good so I guess it could just be that.

As DE is 18 and no longer a minor, I assume his income and assets alone are considered whether or not he is indigent and qualifies for a public defender. Therefore the fact that his parents have large house, have a nice car (unless the mercedes is in DE's name), isn't taken into consideration. It is in the best interest for someone to be assigned a good quality public defender, especially on high profile cases, to lessen the likelihood of grounds for appeal. Since Blacksburg isn't a very large area, the pool of qualified public defenders who handle first degree murder charges is likely very small. Since he got assigned such a good public defender, he may not want to change. His parents may not want to pay for his defense, or may not be able to (their assets may not be liquid, they may not have much equity in the house to be able to pull on a line of credit or be able to sell at a profit to use for defense money).

As DE is 18 and no longer a minor, I assume his income and assets alone are considered whether or not he is indigent and qualifies for a public defender. Therefore the fact that his parents have large house, have a nice car (unless the mercedes is in DE's name), isn't taken into consideration. It is in the best interest for someone to be assigned a good quality public defender, especially on high profile cases, to lessen the likelihood of grounds for appeal. Since Blacksburg isn't a very large area, the pool of qualified public defenders who handle first degree murder charges is likely very small. Since he got assigned such a good public defender, he may not want to change. His parents may not want to pay for his defense, or may not be able to (their assets may not be liquid, they may not have much equity in the house to be able to pull on a line of credit or be able to sell at a profit to use for defense money).

It's a bit amusing how if he'd applied for college aid, they'd have looked at his parent's finances but when it comes to court they only look at his own.

With the Sensitivity Police in full force, I have refrained from questioning parental supervision. But I do think that it is fair to ask if NL's supervisors were aware back around Christmas time, that she was having "inappropriate" chats with adult male(s), why did they not follow up by informing LE? If it was inappropriate it was likely illegal. JMO

Photo #5, 1997 Sussex Road, looks like a good place for DE to have picked Nicole up. I'm thinking Keepers and DE would have been scoping out cameras on their dry runs prior to committing the crimes.

I am surprised hat some neighbor in the large complex didn't notice this odd couple or NL sneaking out the window. The window is a slide window. Wonder how wide it was to get out of.
I also notice what ever the mark is on NK face never moved in either photo

I never felt NK was suckered. I said very early on I believed she was the mastermind behind all of this and I still firmly believe that. I have seen many such cases where the female participant was the dominant player in the plot to murder another.

<modsnip> What does he mean when he says 'the truth can set me free?' Is there more to this story than just what Keepers has said? It makes me wonder if something happened that he didn't want to see happen.

Very well said. At the same time, if she is the dominate person in an evil partnership, I wonder what led to her being able to develop such a position of influence.

It could be friendship based, but as an athelete from a relatively affluent background, DE probably had plenty of friends. It could be physical attraction, but the same atheleticsm and background noted above would give DE contact with alot of girls. The basis could also be psychological with two evil people sharing fantasies that became increasingly "real world" and then DE losing control of the situation, but they had only known each other for a couple of months. Also, NK's possible hold on DE was to the extent that DE did not back out when he could have.

In short, I can readily see your point over the possibility that NK, the female, is not only evil, but the dominate partner. This dominance, however, is usually leveraged by something.

I cant where the leverage could be placed with DE. My guess is that this leaves the possibility that DE commited this crime for his own motivations, then enlisted NK.

Very well said. At the same time, if she is the dominate person in an evil partnership, I wonder what led to her being able to develop such a position of influence.

It could be friendship based, but as an athelete from a relatively affluent background, DE probably had plenty of friends. It could by physical attractiveness, but the same atheleticsm and background noted above would give DE contact with alot of girls. The basis could also be psychological with two evil people sharing fantasies that became increasingly "real world" and then DE losing control of the situation, but they had only known each other for a couple of months. Also, NK's possible hold on DE was to the extent that DE did not back out when he could have.

In short, I can readily see your point over the possibility that NK, the female, is not only evil, but the dominate partner. This dominance, however, is usually leveraged by something.

I cant where the leverage could be placed with DE. My guess is that this leaves the possibility that DE commited this crime for his own motivations, then enlisted NK.

Perhaps they formed some friendship through classes that was reinforced by coming from nearby areas and possibly having common friends. For some reason, NK called upon DE when she had appendicitis. Perhaps they'd already discussed her having pains and maybe he'd been through the same before. Who knows but for some reason he was the one that "rescued" her during that emergency and was there until her parents made the trip to town. This may have bound her to him more than one would expect, especially if she'd been let down by most friendships in the past. Perhaps he turned to her when problems arose with his underage relationship and her insecurities and indebtedness led her down a horrible path. The plot possibly just started as a twisted joke. I mean, who the heck seriously discusses a murder plot in a fast food restaurant? At what point did it jump to being serious?

NEW WAPO article...I have not read it yet....more info. JMO

It could be friendship based, but as an athelete from a relatively affluent background, DE probably had plenty of friends. It could by physical attractiveness, but the same atheleticsm and background noted above would give DE contact with alot of girls. The basis could also be psychological with two evil people sharing fantasies that became increasingly "real world" and then DE losing control of the situation, but they had only known each other for a couple of months. Also, NK's possible hold on DE was to the extent that DE did not back out when he could have.

Since we don't have much information about DE regarding his involvement in the crime, I'll mull over what we do have.

I'll have to disagree that DE had a lot of friends. He was a walk-on track runner who had mono in the fall (and an ankle injury...am I remembering that correctly), which might have put him a bit behind in bonding with the team. He was only a freshman and not long on campus. He's also comes off as arrogant (in my opinion) on that video, so perhaps co-eds didn't warm up to him. It's been reported he spent a lot of time in his dorm room.

He moved from the west coast to the east coast during high school, so not a bunch of hometown friends to hang out with.

On the other hand, we have reports that he rushed to the aid of NK when she needed to go to the hospital last fall, and we hear reports that they met at least once in person to discuss the killing. And we have heard DE was NK's math tutor. They definitely have spent time together, and something brought them together to commit this horrible crime against an innocent.

I can't say for sure that he was disliked, but I have a hunch he didn't have a big circle of friends. That alone is no big deal, of course, but we're in the midst of figuring out a case so we should consider it. I think he was the follower in this duo of NK and DE. I'm not sure why he would follow her, but that's my current hunch, subject to change when we learn more about him.

JMO for now.

The self-harm continued until 2014, when she and a friend made a pact: If they got through all of 2015 without cutting themselves, they would get tattoos of semicolons. ( a pact with another friend NK likes pacts)
Keepers' mental health issues started when she was in eighth grade, according to her testimony.
Tim Keepers said he first heard Eisenhauer's name in October or November.
Nicole's "Minions" blanket and the cleaning supplies Keepers and Eisenhauer had bought were found in a suitcase in Keepers' dorm room.
Keepers also provided information on the murder weapon, Nicole's remains and Nicole's clothing.
http://www.wptz.com/national/who-is-nicole-lovell-suspect-natalie-keepers/37884008

Their house is about double the median house value in Columbia so I think we can agree they're better off than most. I think Mr. Keepers' statements at the bond hearing about mattress and gluten allergies reminded at least a few of us of the recent affluenza defense.

The houses that are cited in this median level of 330 are mostly townhomes and condos if you dig deeper into trulia. I only say this because most middle income families looking for single family homes buy at this range in the DC, Baltimore area. We aren't comparing apples to oranges.
I don't think this family is considered privellaged or living above means. As many others have stated that live here this is the norm.
My only interest in this point is to clearly point out the "privellaged" category we are putting him in is not necissarily true.
Additionally NK while she is from a better part of Laurel it is still middle/upper income.
I think that the public defender is awarded to him because he is 18 and considered an adult. The ability to afford him with this is based on his income. State of Virginia has to qualify you for this.

Is DE in solitary as well? What are the jails like in VA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Post article mentions something I have been saying all along. They mention that Nicole spoke of cutting herself and reached out to an online support group. I am now wondering if this is where she was initially "found" by one of the accused. Most likely NK?! Thoughts?

I'm beginning to think that NK was falling in love with DE after the emergency appendectomy. Her knight in shining armor. He confessed or showed her the on line stuff with NL...............the plan started. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141