VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought that DE appears to have a bruise of two on his nose. We also know that stabbers often end up with cuts from their own weapons. I wonder if that happened in this case.

Yes! And we know the police took more photos than just headshots. Would be interesting to see photos of their hands and arms.

The second photo of NK does not show the wound on her face. In any angle you would be able to see a cut if it was there. However- in DEs photo he clearly has little scratches and wounds on his face. No disputing that. I don't think it is acne- looks more like little scabs.
What really strikes me in both photos is the extreme bags and darkness under their eyes. No 18 year old has this. I'm 38 and don't have this. Clearly they haven't slept in days. The stress shown in these pics is not disputable at all. Wow.

Nicole's birthday is January 18th, 1997.

did you mean, NK's dob, for she will be turning 19, not Nicole ?

Nicole was 13.

p.s. I get confused too, when they both have a first name starting with "N". ... so I understand this. :blowkiss::blowkiss:

did you mean, NK's for she will be turning 19, not Nicole ??

Mea culpa. Yes, I did. Many apologies! I tried to edit as JanetElaine, and others, caught my mistake too. Too late - even to delete. Keepers birthday is January 18th, 1997. RIP Nicole! Forever 13.

ETA: Maybe I will see if a mod can just delete or edit my post! I hate that put Nicole's name.

Well if it was a night table it was lighter than a dresser. I think that is the point that was being made.

My question about the furniture being pushed up to the door, why wasn't the door just locked? A typical bedroom door lock, that you can open from the outside with a dime or a fake little key. In an apt complex, you could even ask maintenance to replace it if it didn't work.
Unless, she had locked the door before to sneak out???? Who knows. Usually then, you take the door off the hinges.
All MOO

Photo #5, 1997 Sussex Road, looks like a good place for DE to have picked Nicole up. I'm thinking Keepers and DE would have been scoping out cameras on their dry runs prior to committing the crimes.

My question about the furniture being pushed up to the door, why wasn't the door just locked? A typical bedroom door lock, that you can open from the outside with a dime or a fake little key. In an apt complex, you could even ask maintenance to replace it if it didn't work.
Unless, she had locked the door before to sneak out???? Who knows. Usually then, you take the door off the hinges.
All MOO

I'm pretty sure based in the reviews I read on these apartments that they are run down, out of date, not rebovated and specifically state in reviews that maintenance is terrible. There are probably several reasons she would slide a night table in front of the door. Kids do this often.

In her Dads interview clip from Dr Phil he said she was grounded for her interactions online with older men. But he also said he had spoke. To her within a week- where all his other interviews referenced that the last he spoke to her was via text two weeks prior where she responded with "I'm fine, everything is good" I don't think they had a very solid or tight relationship. Also- whether together or not her parents have not been seen once, together speaking on this. Which is odd.
If she was grounded since Christmas with no access to her phone as he says-- she could not have been on social media as we have seen proof of, she could not have responded to his text, they could not have traced her last text integration that night with DE, etc. I don't think anyone really knows the facts on what this child did or didn't do. I don't think anyone really knows. And while we are inclined to believe the parents would know what their 13 year was doing at all times.... Again, I think they knew very little. She may have been spoiled as someone mentioned earlier.... But that doesn't mean she was supervised.

Photo #5, 1997 Sussex Road, looks like a good place for DE to have picked Nicole up. I'm thinking Keepers and DE would have been scoping out cameras on their dry runs prior to committing the crimes.

I honestly don't think they scoped out cameras ahead of time. They went into Walmart twice - one time with Nicole's body in the truck of the car - which they knew would have cameras, I'm sure. They really weren't thinking about cameras, imo. They did so little to cover their tracks.

I think they made a dry run to see how they would accomplish their tasks, but not how to avoid cameras. JMOpinion, of course.

I'm pretty sure based in the reviews I read on these apartments that they are run down, out of date, not rebovated and specifically state in reviews that maintenance is terrible. There are probably several reasons she would slide a night table in front of the door. Kids do this often.

In her Dads interview clip from Dr Phil he said she was grounded for her interactions online with older men. But he also said he had spoke. To her within a week- where all his other interviews referenced that the last he spoke to her was via text two weeks prior where she responded with "I'm fine, everything is good" I don't think they had a very solid or tight relationship. Also- whether together or not her parents have not been seen once, together speaking on this. Which is odd.
If she was grounded since Christmas with no access to her phone as he says-- she could not have been on social media as we have seen proof of, she could not have responded to his text, they could not have traced her last text integration that night with DE, etc. I don't think anyone really knows the facts on what this child did or didn't do. I don't think anyone really knows. And while we are inclined to believe the parents would know what their 13 year was doing at all times.... Again, I think they knew very little. She may have been spoiled as someone mentioned earlier.... But that doesn't mean she was supervised.

DE was rich-maybe he bought her a cell. I really don't think he bought her one but I figured I would just throw that out there.

Sliding the nightstand in front of the door could've been a way for Nicole to gain time in hiding online activities should her mom walk into her room unexpectedly. The furniture in front of the door could be a way to enforce that people "knock" before entering - and if they don't knock, Nicole at least at a couple of moments to stash whatever she wanted stashed (close an app, change screens, etc). I wonder if the nightstand-at-the-door thing was routine for Nicole?

JMO

DE was rich-maybe he bought her a cell. I really don't think he bought her one but I figured I would just throw that out there.

What makes you think he was rich? He couldn't be too well off-- he has a public defender.

Sliding the nightstand in front of the door could've been a way for Nicole to gain time in hiding online activities should her mom walk into her room unexpectedly. The furniture in front of the door could be a way to enforce that people "knock" before entering - and if they don't knock, Nicole at least at a couple of moments to stash whatever she wanted stashed (close an app, change screens, etc). I wonder if the nightstand-at-the-door thing was routine for Nicole?

JMO

Absolutley. This is one of the best theories I have seen as to why a small nightstand was in front of the door.

From her social media, I got the impression that she might have been staying with Dad over the holidays. She might have been grounded while she was at his house, but not when she got back to her Mom's.

On Instagram on December 29, Nicole posted screen captures of her SnapChat and Kik accounts along with another site I don't recognize. Then some other things as late as January 9. Then there's a gap with nothing until January 26. That's only Instagram, though. On Facebook, there are posts on one of her accounts on January 12 and 20 which are within the Instagram gap. There was certainly no full social ban after Christmas. About a week in mid-January was all. That would drive my kid insane, so it's a pretty good punishment for some things.

Yep! Sad! The responsibility lies on the perps themselves... DE and NK. I don't work directly in the mental health field, but close enough that I know the mentally ill often seek help when they are having HI (homicidal ideation) or SI (suicidal ideation). NK had this choice to come forward with what she and DE were planning, but she chose not to and allowed the counselor deem her to be safe to release from care. She could have spoken up then that no she wasn't okay because she and a friend were plotting to kill someone. She needs to as someone said "suck it up buttercup" and own it. She is as guilty as DE, mental health issues, gluten allergy and all.
Very well said.....this is spot on.

I've thought that DE appears to have a bruise of two on his nose. We also know that stabbers often end up with cuts from their own weapons. I wonder if that happened in this case.
I think NK may have a cut on her face. I'm pleased to see that they're both a little wounded. I hope she did fight them hard. It broke my heart when I read NL dad's quote. I just can't imagine thinking about your child literally fighting for their life. [emoji22]

ETA - thanks for posting the photos, whoever that was! It's helpful to see the area! [emoji4]

Good find...Interesting...

She refers to herself as " blonde", brown eyed & determined...
She looks like a natural brunette...could this be a fantasy?

...allows me to meet my creative potential without anyone telling me "you can't do that"...
So, is this murder her creativity?

In her photos, I would never describe her as a blonde. Maybe she was blonde as a child and still identifies as such. Kind of weird though.

All MOO

The only bedroom in my house with a lock on the door is the master bedroom. Maybe the apartment is like that too? Probably not. But it's possible.

His parent's house is on a golf course and valued near $700,000. He likely has no money of his own, though.

That's not all that high considering it's in a Balt/Wash/Annapolis area. Hard to find anything under $500K...and $500K can get you a piece of crap (we bought in the area at the very beginning of the housing crash and paid through the nose for a complete fixer and are house poor). They likely are also house poor, in debt up to their noses, etc. It is a VERY expensive area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove