VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone .. this is my first post on this sad case ...

I just want to say I have really enjoyed reading through this entire thread and seeing all the different theories and thoughts (some seemed like the words were taken right out of my own head) -

anyway, I don't have much input, but just wanted to say that I am leaning more toward DE being the mastermind and convincing NK to go along with the entire thing - he may have even gotten her to do the actual killing? I really do feel very sad for NL - with her only being 13, and looking at her SM, she had a really warped idea on what "love is" (as do most pre-teens) and will never get to experience a true love/boyfriend/husband now .. for that I am really sad and that she innocently lost her short life this way. I am curious to see what additional information comes out and which theories turned out to be correct!

So how did they really think they could get away with this? Or did they know they would get caught? They had to have known they would be traced to NL at least by the digital footprint they left behind. As well not even really trying to hide NL. Just seems so hastily done since they were planning for a few weeks.

Perhaps studying and running got in the way of planning.

Leopold and Loeb...............so intelligent they were stupid thrill killers........victim was 14.
Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb were teenagers living in a wealthy Chicago suburb when they were arrested for murder. Loeb had recently graduated, at 17 years old, from the University of Michigan, and planned to begin law school in the fall. He was obsessed with the idea of the perfect crime.
http://www.prairieghosts.com/leopold.html

:welcome: Dylgem22 :) Thanks for joining the conversation, we are glad to have your thoughts on this one.

hoping this park is added to our casemap.

So if anyone happened to bump into him in the area near Nicole's residence he could claim he was just there running, checking out some new trails. Convenient.

I believe it already is. It just appears on Google as Southeast Park. Nicole actually posted a photo close to it on December 6. In the photo she's wearing a hooded jacket. I'd pretty much guess, due to the location of the photo, she was going to or from that park. As for being visible from her window, I doubt it since there are large evergreens between the apartments and the park:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...0x884d950adc06dcc3:0x86ceb8ea4842da2d!6m1!1e1

That StreetView will be on the street dividing the apartments and the park. The view is looking at the apartments. Turn around and you'll see the park.

Well, that answers quite a few questions, I think. If he met her in person, there's no question about NK being behind their online relationship, or about DE being a pedophile, IMO. Poor Nicole. My heart breaks for her all over again.

I don't agree. DE may have met Nicole in person in that park prior to the night he abducted her, but it could have been before January 4th which is the date that LE says NK got involved. In other words, DE may have met Nicole in that park sometime in November or December after talking to her online. Maybe they did engage in physical/sexual contact at that meeting and that is what DE was afraid Nicole would expose to other people like her parents, teachers, police, etc.

New article from ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-virginia-teen-discussed-boyfriend-abduction-friend/story?id=36806467

"The friend, whose identity is not being publicly disclosed, also told ABC News that Nicole had met with David at a park at least once time before she disappeared Jan. 27.

The park, called Nellie's Cave, is visible from Nicole's bedroom window, has walking trails and is featured on several online running routes through the town of Blacksburg, Virginia."

I wonder if they met there and not online.

Does anyone know how VA Tech compares to other large colleges when it comes to students who have been involved in violent crimes?

I just read the link about the other young college student being murdered. Another heartbreaking case.:( What stood out to me is how these type of people seem to have no problem helping someone out after they murder someone or even with helping them do the murder itself. One of the suspects in that case had already graduated, but yet, had no problem with being involved in the horrific acts.

Its amazing to me how others can talk someone into doing criminal acts with them or for them. They don't even have to be boyfriend/girlfriend and can be just a friend or even a mere acquaintance. It blows my mind.

We seem to ask the same questions over and over again if the suspect/s were known as being intelligent or if they were college students or graduates or those with high paying jobs. The questions always seem to be "how could they be this stupid and think they would get away with this?'

I have asked the same question in the past but I no longer question why murderers do the stupid things they do. Not even the ones who are supposedly book smart and they seem to make more stupid blunders than ones who have lived a life of crime.

I have long seen just how stupid many supposedly smart people have actually been when it came to how they committed their murder/s. For instance among so so many, Don Morengello WAS a retired rocket scientist, surely a brilliant man, yet he was so stupid he tossed his murder weapon 50 feet out in the shallow water from his own dock. He also used a concrete block that came from his own seawall to weight his wife's body down. To say the least it didn't take LE very long to know who the killer was and there are so many other murderers like him who had their own unique stupidity.

Perhaps its because they believe they are far smarter than everyone else and feel the police will never connect them to the crime. These two in this horrendous case seem to be psychopaths drawn to each other like a moth to a flame and psychopaths are pathological lairs but they believe they can tell lies so well that even the cops will fall for it. They seem to have this false sense of superiority and believe they can trick anyone who they feel is beneath them in intelligence. But like I said, I don't really care to know why they acted so stupidly. I am just thankful that once again murder suspects did stupid things that got them caught.

Even though it has been said that Keepers has spoken with LE.... I do believe wholeheartedly she has taken the facts and replaced them with lies she knows gives her an advantage. It isn't uncommon for one suspect to point the finger at the other suspect. They just reverse the roles of what was done making sure they diminish their own participation. In the coming weeks or months we may learn some of the truth. IMO, they are not getting the truth from Keepers. They are getting what she wants everyone to believe. Keepers and DE acted so stupidly in this case so she may be convinced LE cant prove she was there and involved with the murder itself.

I don't think either of them wanted to get caught nor did they think Nicole would be tied to them. Many intelligent people have no commonsense and logic whatsoever and I believe these two are the same way.

IMO

hoping this park is added to our casemap.

So if anyone happened to bump into him in the area near Nicole's residence he could claim he was just there running, checking out some new trails. Convenient.

Sly one, isn't he.

Somehow, I had forgotten about the other murder case at VT.

i have the weird feeling sometimes that Cho unleashed something evil that has continue to infect the environment. I know that is fanciful and I'm. Or at all superstitious, but I find it so hard to reconcile all the extreme bad things that have occurred since the shootings with the peaceful place I love so much. It seems to be a yearly thing now.

hey all... mostly a lurker here, love reading everyone's insights about this very bizarre, very tragic case. it has weighed on me like it has with many of you.

JohnTate90210, thanks for all your photo work... for me, as soon as i saw the DE mugshot, the marks on his nose stood out. the placement of the marks make it look as if they were caused by fingers; almost as if someone was trying to grab at his face. note how the marks are smaller and closer towards the top, as if those could have been caused by smaller fingers--ring and pinkie maybe, while the mark on the bottom of his nose is larger and slightly further apart (middle finger?). there is also a small cut under his nose that could be related (index?). anyway i hate to even think, if i'm correct, of how he got those wounds.

anyway thanks to all for your theories and insights, it's been really interesting following along.

:welcome6:

OK this is weird. People here kept mentioning Leopold and Loeb, who I had never heard of. Anyway, I was checking out the TV menu for tonight because there's an ancenstry show at 8 I wanted to see. And right after that I saw at 9 is American Experience: Leopold and Loeb.

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, this documentary looks very good and the story of Leopold & Loeb is very similar to Nicole's murder.

Here's a link to the PBS web site, with previews and other background info about this historic case and trial.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/perfectcrime/player/

I read a book about this murder last year, a recent book with a great deal of research on the case. It was as baffling to the public then as this case is now - how do young adults of great backgrounds, with great educations commit such a horrible crime just for the thrill of it?

I'm not a tech expert by any means. But possibly one of you is.

Could either DE or Nicole's phones have been set up so that the data from this KIK app (or other ones they may have been using) be automatically saved to "the cloud"?

And, if so, would it be possible for LE to be able to retrieve specific conversation information from I Cloud via their I tunes account, for example, without actually having the phone?

If there is a tech expert here, can someone explain?

Apps like Kik/snapchat are anonymous. Unless a monitoring app was installed on the phone by a parent/guardian before or during messages being sent then yes, you would be able to view conversations. Or in the instance the person in possession of the phone would take a screen shot while using the App it will be saved within the iCloud( if turned on ) and phone camera images. LE will be able to see where communication was made between two parties but not details of the conversation. So basically they can tell if DE or NK had contact with NL but not what was said.
Social media apps such as Facebook, IG, etc..LE would be able to accessText and Emails that contain data of previous messages sent and received. They can be retrieved even if deleted. Hope this helps.

I have not been able to post in two days, but like others, am SO appreciative of those that have. It's kept me in the loop and I've tried to keep up.

Not in the medical field, but does anyone know if an 18 or 19 year old's brain is fully developed to understand consequences, etc. I thought it happened in the early 20s, but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time lol).
Not that they can't decipher right from wrong, that's not what I'm trying to convey. I guess it would be the immaturity in development, period, that would make them determine so stupidly, "yeah, that's a great plan...no one will know." I was an idiot when I was that age, and everyone I knew was, too. We weren't bad kids, just made some very stupid decisions in college, but we were for the most part bright kids and did well in school.

OK this is weird. People here kept mentioning Leopold and Loeb, who I had never heard of. Anyway, I was checking out the TV menu for tonight because there's an ancenstry show at 8 I wanted to see. And right after that I saw at 9 is American Experience: Leopold and Loeb.

Thanks for that. :) Totally OT, but Leopold and Loeb was what started my interest in true crime. An older brother of a friend in high school was interested in it and he pulled us (friend and I) in too.

I found this about the American Experience documentary: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-leopold-loeb-pbs-ent-0209-20160208-column.html

Interesting article. Going to try and watch.

W
Apps like Kik/snapchat are anonymous. Unless a monitoring app was installed on the phone by a parent/guardian before or during messages being sent then yes, you would be able to view conversations. Or in the instance the person in possession of the phone would take a screen shot while using the App it will be saved within the iCloud( if turned on ) and phone camera images. LE will be able to see where communication was made between two parties but not details of the conversation. So basically they can tell if DE or NK had contact with NL but not what was said.
Social media apps such as Facebook, IG, etc..LE would be able to accessText and Emails that contain data of previous messages sent and received. They can be retrieved even if deleted. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that helped a lot.
Maybe her parents put on a monitoring app before they returned the phone to her?

Also, on NL's instagram, I only saw one comment from "David A" that said lg. Many said that's short for little girl. Other posters have said they've seen another text from David. Can someone share this or the gist of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste