VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops said inappropriate relationship. Of course they had some sexual contact. His car was seen there more than once. Why would he come around her if she wasn't doing something for him. And why would he resort to killing her if he didn't "go there." Yes, sex for sure.
You're completely entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I know what law enforcement said. I also noticed that they used the word, "inappropriate," not "sexual". I'm not going to debate it, it's just my current opinion.

Again, you are stating your opinion as fact.

Search warrants sealed as Nicole Lovell death investigation continues

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_6decc6eb-083b-5084-9b93-4254d436aa2a.html

Good article Considering...thanks

One lingering question in the case is whether or not prosecutors will upgrade the case to capital murder. In Virginia, premeditated murder with abduction can carry the possibility of death. But Pettitt says she’s not ready to comment on the possibility of future capital murder charges just yet.

“I am still awaiting returns from things like the search warrants and the medical examiner’s report that could provide facts that would be relevant to answering that question,” Pettitt wrote in an email.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...6eb-083b-5084-9b93-4254d436aa2a.html?mode=jqm

I understand arrogance, sense of superiority, etc., in certain types who plan murders. Also that some sociopaths apparently have a "blind spot" that lets them believe they just won't get caught, whatever.

But...really...you're gonna lure someone out intending to kill them. So...you don't make ANY effort (as far as we know) not to leave a phone trail indicating you were the last person the victim communicated with, just before she climbed out her window...? Now maybe if you were luring someone out for a "serious talk", a confrontation that you did NOT expect to become violent -- then maybe you wouldn't be so concerned. One more phone/internet link with someone you've already left tracks with probably wouldn't seem like a huge deal if you were expecting this meeting to be where the links between the two of you stop because of coming to an understanding of some sort. If you were expecting them to stop because you were planning to kill the other person, though...? That's one thing here I just can't fathom.

VERY good point Backwoods. Even psychofabulous Arias at least tried to hide her tracks with the 50 zillion gas cans, hair dye, camera washing, and tire debacle at Starbucks LMAO!!!! :happydance:

Snipped because I don't want to quote the rest.
She bragged to friends

uggh. This is true, that exchange took place. I have read it. But it's horrible to see it on the thread for a 13 year old murdered girl :(

Poor Coley. So desperately seeking approval and attention. In all the wrong places.

I love this board... Just saying. Keep the theories coming while we await trial. And let's hope the judge allows the public in. :loveyou:

This is Virginia. High profile cases are so tight lipped it's not even funny. We know very little about the Hannah Graham case. In fact that's how I found WS. Well, I hate to be a downer, but I just feel we won't know much until it all goes to trial. I could be wrong in this case. But knowing that things are already sealed leads me to believe the public won't be privy to too much :|

Snipped because I don't want to quote the rest.

uggh. This is true, that exchange took place. I have read it. But it's horrible to see it on the thread for a 13 year old murdered girl :(

Poor Coley. So desperately seeking approval and attention. In all the wrong places.
We don't know if her bragging was true. Lots of middle schoolers embellish. Either way, it's certainly very sad.

ETA - keep in mind, she was also saying she might commit suicide on her Instagram.

Well this will tick some people off, but I'm going to state it anyway. As I read @backwoods post, I thought nearly the same thing earlier today. What if Nicole brought a knife with her in case she was in an emergency and needed protection. I don't think a 13 year old can stab themselves to death. But the thought that she stabbed herself has crossed my mind. Please take that as a far off theory.

I'd also be curious to see DE's browsers and sites he visited. Thinking out loud, but I'm wondering if he visited any Roosh or pickup artist sites. You can g-search Roosh. He basically thinks women are scum and should be used, abused, and raped. He teaches guys how to get game. Where am I going with this? I wonder if DE had such little experience with girls that he thought he'd start with a really young girl to kick start his game life. So if he could score with a 13-year old then it would build his confidence to working up to an 18 year old or someone older.

Hey Whiskers, the only problem with her killing herself is, why would NK say "I saw DE kill her." Also why would NK be there at all if they weren't planning something strange. We really don't know yet exactly how or when NK got in the car or if she was even there when NL died. We've heard, DE hugged NL and went to NKs dorm, picked up NK, we picked up Nk, we went to NKs dorm, so many variations. Right now we just don't know what really went down that night other than bits and pieces from these liars mouths. The little bits that have leaked by them have already changed too so, they are both proven liars. The girl is dead and they are both saying they didn't do it. Someone's lying.

You're completely entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I know what law enforcement said. I also noticed that they used the word, "inappropriate," not "sexual". I'm not going to debate it, it's just my current opinion.

Again, you are stating your opinion as fact.

I hear you Dateline, just saying I doubt she would brag to friends about <modsnip> if she wasn't. And I seriously doubt he would go anywhere near here multiple times if they weren't doing something sexual. Maybe they never had intercourse, who knows. And I'm not "stating anything as fact" lol, just telling you what I read on her Instagram. Also, what could "inappropriate relationship" mean other than sexual contact? It's not against the law to talk to someone under 18

Maybe DE picked up NL then went to NKs to try to get them to agree to a 3-way and one of the girls snapped resulting in murder. Who knows.

I hear you Dateline, just saying I doubt she would brag to friends about doing bjs if she wasn't. And I seriously doubt he would go anywhere near here multiple times if they weren't doing something sexual. Maybe they never had intercourse, who knows. And I'm not "stating anything as fact" lol, just telling you what I read on her Instagram. Also, what could "inappropriate relationship" mean other than sexual contact? It's not against the law to talk to someone under 18

From your post:

"Yes, sex for sure."

I would say that's an opinion stated as fact unless you have a link.

In my opinion, the two of them meeting up online or in person, is quite inappropriate considering the nature of the Facebook groups, etc.

As far as the knife, the story came from NK. They were searching the pond & it was speculated they were looking for the knife, but was never reported if it was ever found.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Eisenhauer told Keepers how he would lure Nicole out of her home one night, take her to a remote location and use a knife to cut her throat, the prosecutor said.

Good article Considering...thanks

One lingering question in the case is whether or not prosecutors will upgrade the case to capital murder. In Virginia, premeditated murder with abduction can carry the possibility of death. But Pettitt says she’s not ready to comment on the possibility of future capital murder charges just yet.

“I am still awaiting returns from things like the search warrants and the medical examiner’s report that could provide facts that would be relevant to answering that question,” Pettitt wrote in an email.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...6eb-083b-5084-9b93-4254d436aa2a.html?mode=jqm

The problem with capital murder is they are worried some jurors might not convict if they are going to be responsible for putting someone to death. It's much harder to get a conviction. But wow, if she's even considering it, you know there must have been some seriously Ill intent here. I doubt any of it was accidental, even with DEs statement "the truth will set me free." They are also probably see-sawing on the abduction/ she went willingly thing. A jury will say she went willingly most likely.

We don't know if her bragging was true. Lots of middle schoolers embellish. Either way, it's certainly very sad.

ETA - keep in mind, she was also saying she might commit suicide on her Instagram.

I agree, we know the exchange occurred. We have no idea as to the veracity of the statements made within it.

The problem with capital murder is they are worried some jurors might not convict if they are going to be responsible for putting someone to death. It's much harder to get a conviction. But wow, if she's even considering it, you know there must have been some seriously Ill intent here. I doubt any of it was accidental, even with DEs statement "the truth will set me free." They are also probably see-sawing on the abduction/ she went willingly thing. A jury will say she went willingly most likely.
I completely agree with most of this. But by law isn't it abduction no matter what?

From your post:

"Yes, sex for sure."

I would say that's an opinion stated as fact unless you have a link.

In my opinion, the two of them meeting up online or in person, is quite inappropriate considering the nature of the Facebook groups, etc.

Hey Dateline, That happens all of the time nowadays. 13 year olds aren't what they used to be. Young girls flirt with and crush on older guys all of the time online and in real life. And all that would matter to DE would be legalities, like what's illegal, what's not: like having sex with a minor is illegal. I don't think just meeting up with her would be enough of a stressor for him to kill her if something very illegal didn't occur. Even giving her alcohol wouldn't be enough reason imo to kill her since he would probably just get a slap on the wrist and no jail time. I also think as she was posing as a UVA student online that he may have met her online over summer while awaiting the start of school and probably thought she was at least 18. A lot of kids start looking online for friends in their new school area just prior to the freshmen year. It will be interesting to see when exactly they first made contact online. I really hope this trial is open to public so we can at least get some news reports.

This is Virginia. High profile cases are so tight lipped it's not even funny. We know very little about the Hannah Graham case. In fact that's how I found WS. Well, I hate to be a downer, but I just feel we won't know much until it all goes to trial. I could be wrong in this case. But knowing that things are already sealed leads me to believe the public won't be privy to too much :|

I really like this prosecutor. Very smart. Good to see her at the helm of this thing.

Hey Dateline, That happens all of the time nowadays. 13 year olds aren't what they used to be. Young girls flirt with and crush on older guys all of the time online and in real life. And all that would matter to DE would be legalities, like what's illegal, what's not: like having sex with a minor is illegal. I don't think just meeting up with her would be enough of a stressor for him to kill her if something very illegal didn't occur. Even giving her alcohol wouldn't be enough reason imo to kill her since he would probably just get a slap on the wrist and no jail time. I also think as she was posing as a UVA student online that he may have met her online over summer while awaiting the start of school and probably thought she was at least 18. A lot of kids start looking online for friends in their new school area just prior to the freshmen year. It will be interesting to see when exactly they first made contact online. I really hope this trial is open to public so we can at least get some news reports.
Oh, I understand what you're saying. One of my brothers is a teenager, and I was one not long ago. I think part of where we have different opinions is that it sounds like you think the motivation behind the murder was to keep NL quiet. I don't necessarily think that's the case at this point. Of course, I could be wrong. :) I am not clear on what I believe the motive was, yet. The only thing I'm sure of is that DE and NK are evil, and wanted to commit murder.

As far as the knife, the story came from NK. They were searching the pond & it was speculated they were looking for the knife, but was never reported if it was ever found.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/us/virginia-tech-girl-killed-keepers-bail-denied/

Eisenhauer told Keepers how he would lure Nicole out of her home one night, take her to a remote location and use a knife to cut her throat, the prosecutor said.
I bet everything's come from NKs mouth so far. I doubt DEs uttered a word to anyone. I wonder if he'll take the stand. I bet NK will, unless her lawyer advises against it.

I think we will see sexual charges at some point. I do think "inappropriate" is a euphemism for "sexual" used by LE right now. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11