VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to post any other FB group sites that NL was apart of or no? Maybe they have already been posted as well, but due to the massive amount of feedback within these threads I could have easily overlooked information on them. I came across a few more teen/ rating groups NL had posted in. Just let me know! Mucho Thanks!

I don't know if it's allowed or not but for anybody that doesn't know which she was in (that are still operating), go to Nicole's page and click "About." Then scroll and scroll and scroll to the bottom and it will show a few. Then click the link to show all of them. As I recall, she was in about seven "hot or not" type groups along with one or two teen dating groups. A lot of other things too but those are what stuck in my mind.

Does anyone remember the comment on one of Nicole's posts, from her father, where he tells her she is too young to be saying/posting such things? She responds rudely and then there seems to be a long period before we see pics of her with her dad and his family.

Was that on her Instagram, in the fall?

I know that Nicole spent a lot of the last year on SM trying to look and act older than her age but it's important to note: she was 13 and 8 mos old when she was murdered. In May, she would've been 14. If she had been 14 and DE 18, would that have changed anyone's opinion on their initial interaction? Would their contact have seemed less inappropriate?

Does anyone remember the comment on one of Nicole's post, from her father, where he tells her she is too young to be saying/posting such things? She responds rudely and then there seems to be a long period before we see pics of her with her dad and his family.

I know that Nicole spent a lot of the last year on SM trying to look and act older than her age but it's important to note: she was 13 and 8 mos old when she was murdered. In May, she would've been 14. If she had been 14 and DE 18, would that have changed anyone's opinion on their initial interaction? Would their contact have seemed less inappropriate?

Still inappropriate. She was going on 14 but he also was going on 19. My DS-19 is a freshman in college and I would discourage him from dating a 13, almost 14, year old. He wouldn't even consider it though. DD is 17 and he won't even consider her friends...says it's gross. DD says his friends are too...2 years is too icky for them for some reason.

Does anyone remember the comment on one of Nicole's post, from her father, where he tells her she is too young to be saying/posting such things? She responds rudely and then there seems to be a long period before we see pics of her with her dad and his family.

Moot point. She wasn't 14, she was 13. The initial contact lead to her being stabbed to death. Hypothetical questions don't factor in much when the child is dead. Just my strong opinion.

I don't know if it's allowed or not but for anybody that doesn't know which she was in (that are still operating), go to Nicole's page and click "About." Then scroll and scroll and scroll to the bottom and it will show a few. Then click the link to show all of them. As I recall, she was in about seven "hot or not" type groups along with one or two teen dating groups. A lot of other things too but those are what stuck in my mind.
thanks for simplifying it! hahah! :)

Moot point. She wasn't 14, she was 13. The initial contact lead to her being stabbed to death. Hypothetical questions don't factor in much when the child is dead. Just my strong opinion.
Right, but I'm wondering what a parent would think if their 14 year old was hanging with an 18 year old...would it set off the same alarms? The reason I ask, is because so many 14 year olds go to HS with 18 year olds and end up meeting and dating. I think this situation is so alarming because Nicole was still in middle school at almost 14 and DE was already in college at 18. When I was almost 16 (a junior in HS) my boyfriend was a 20 yo college student. When my relative was 15, her boyfriend was an 18 yo senior in HS. You see my point? Is it more disturbing because of their grade levels than their age difference?

ETA: IMO, no 13/14 should have an exclusive boyfriend. Honestly, before HS it just seems like a problem...even if the kids are the same age.

Could we possibly put together a list of all known screen names used by NL? TIA!

Does anyone remember the comment on one of Nicole's posts, from her father, where he tells her she is too young to be saying/posting such things? She responds rudely and then there seems to be a long period before we see pics of her with her dad and his family.

Instagram on December 9. Their spelling (not mine):

<modsnip>

On Facebook on October 10, Nicole posted a boy's photo with his shirt pulled up. There was the following exchange of comments:

<modsnip>
[eta by tlcya: the exchange is between a TH and Nicole]

Could we possibly put together a list of all known screen names used by NL? TIA!

These are the only ones I've been able to locate:

Instagram:
Nicky_maddie_lovell15114
Fun_girl121314151617181920
Nicole_madison_lovell
Lovelly.nicky

FB
Madison.lovell.750
& then one (username unknown) under the name "Nicky Maddie Lovell"

On the first FB account listed, that's the one where she is a member of numerous "cute or nah" groups similar to the "teens and flirting" one that got shut down. (I counted at least 11 of them.)

On Facebook on October 10, Nicole posted a boy's photo with his shirt pulled up. There was the following exchange of comments:

<modsnip>
[eta by tlcya: the exchange is between a TH and Nicole]

Nicole: Lol
There's also a post on Fb where her mom is sticking up for her against people that are talking down to her and NL says to her mom shut up mom i got this. NL seemed to talk to her parents however she wanted. Doesn't mean she deserved to be murdered but I don't think they had much control over her.

I've seen some posts criticizing Nicole's father for going on Dr. Phil. I don't understand why some parents (who we know to be completely innocent) are seen as "fame-hungry" after doing one media appearance whereas other parents are allowed to make careers out of their child's case. It's completely taboo to bring up some parents but the floodgates are open for others. People are speculating about how much money Nicole's father made from one media appearance. There are other parents who have appeared in the media probably 100+ times yet I never see any discussion about how much money they've made. I am not asking for us to start criticizing other parents to make it fair playing field, but I think we should ask oursevles why it is that our minds instantly go to fame and $$ when we see Nicole's dad on Dr. Phil, and we have no issues with expressing that opinion, yet we either don't feel that way about other parents in the media, or we do, are are just too afraid to say anything.

I've seen some posts criticizing Nicole's father for going on Dr. Phil. I don't understand why some parents (who we know to be completely innocent) are seen as "fame-hungry" after doing one media appearance whereas other parents are allowed to make careers out of their child's case. It's completely taboo to bring up some parents but the floodgates are open for others. People are speculating about how much money Nicole's father made from one media appearance. There are other parents who have appeared in the media probably 100+ times yet I never see any discussion about how much money they've made. I am not asking for us to start criticizing other parents to make it fair playing field, but I think we should ask oursevles why it is that our minds instantly go to fame and $$ when we see Nicole's dad on Dr. Phil, and we have no issues with expressing that opinion, yet we either don't feel that way about other parents in the media, or we do, are are just too afraid to say anything.

I agree. I felt Dad spoke from the heart. A heart broken. From what he said he feels some guilt. That he was not more involved.

I in no way think NL had parents that didn't love her or care about her if anything i think it was the opposite. Not wanting to get down on a kid that had already been through so much. Wanting to say no to her as little as possible because they didn't want to see her upset. Not thinking in a million years it would lead to this.

I agree.
I really think it all depends on how they compose themselves. Its contradicting because the general public is info hungry, yet bash and call the parents this and that for appearing on national television. (So do you want the info or not?) Who cares how much money he got. People have no problem repeating the info he shared so why care if he got paid. That is irrelevant to what has happened. Its funny how we operate sometimes.

These are the only ones I've been able to locate:

Instagram:
Nicky_maddie_lovell15114
Fun_girl121314151617181920
Nicole_madison_lovell
Lovelly.nicky

FB
Madison.lovell.750
& then one (username unknown) under the name "Nicky Maddie Lovell"

On the first FB account listed, that's the one where she is a member of numerous "cute or nah" groups similar to the "teens and flirting" one that got shut down. (I counted at least 11 of them.)

The second Instagram isn't opening for me. Is that address correct? The last one doesn't look like her to me, but the pics are rather tiny.

I feel there were major inconsistencies in the report from the Dr. Phil show, by both Phil and the Dad - all just to break the hearts of viewers, garner sympathy, make some extra money, get 15 minutes of fame.

To the Dad, my point: Why did you say on the Dr. Phil show that you heard about your daughter's death through the media, when in reality we all know (by your Facebook post) that you knew well in advance, many hours before it was announced by MSM.

The only thing I agree with is yes, he did do nothing after December 19, not even reach out to his own daughter over Christmas. That bothers me. I'm sorry, but you didn't do more and you knew what was going on, everyone in that house had to know and no one reached out to her, not even family.

I feel for the dad. My issue is with Dr. Phil more than anyone else. He is a trained psychologist. He and his staff do their homework. Asking questions about the phone with the dad only being able to say what he did leads to a question about how she got the phone back. I am sure Dr. Phil knew that he was not involved in the phone return. Dr. Phil didn't ask the dad what he did after he found out about the online stuff and took the phone away probably because the dad was not the day to day, in the trenches parent. Dr. Phil did not ask how her dad and her mom co-parented and disciplined Nicole on small issues or large issues. It was grandstanding on Dr. Phil's part, IMHO.

I thought the dad did as well as could be expected. His daughter is recently killed and buried. The LEO are not giving anyone lots of detail to ensure their are no leaks. Her behavior and choices on social media are complicated and have no easy remedies from a parental perspective, let alone from a non-custodial parent perspective.

I think that the dad can go on any show he would like to and make any deal he wants (if there was one made). Yet, I would also say that getting good guidance (if he wants to make a foundation or even just a difference) is crucial to determining his message and, ultimately, his effectiveness. I just don't think Dr. Phil is the right person to guide him given what I saw in the interview. Again, JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214